The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,006
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
No offense taken.
I go about, say, three times a year if it's good or if my friends are going. I couldn't tell you honestly. I just have different tastes in film. My list doesn't include the obvious ones like the Fantastic Four series, Ghost Rider, etc because I only watched those once and forgot about them. The others you see listed are films I've rewatched and wanted to like, but ultimately couldn't.

@Maooz: Yessir! Solomon Kane, the two Hellboy films, and the first three Pirates films. Arnold's first Conan and the 2010 remake are among my favorite adventure movies as well.
I really don't know what to make of this. I have never heard anyone say Indiana Jones movies and OT Star Wars are part of their worst movies list.

Those movies are some of the best action-adventure flicks ever.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #52
Rowsdower!
THE WALL
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An undisclosed location
Posts: 17,335
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Well, he actually liked the Conan remake, so...

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #53
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,500
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I really don't know what to make of this. I have never heard anyone say Indiana Jones movies and OT Star Wars are part of their worst movies list.

Those movies are some of the best action-adventure flicks ever.
The only explanation I can offer is that maybe I came to those films too late. I had the same problem in the fantasy genre (literature, not films). A few years ago I was looking for recommendations, and the Dragonlance Chronicles were frequently among those. So I read them and had to ask myself, at the end of it, why I forced myself to finish them. Replace those books with Indy/OT Star Wars.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll The Hounds
“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #54
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,006
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

I'm 15. I saw the movies when I was little and Crystal Skull brings some nostalgia for me. I watched them again just recently and they're still pretty awesome(Crystal Skull was good too). To be honest though, I forgot about the Indy movies when I watched them just recently. Even after all these years of some of my favorite action adventure movies getting released, Indy was still awesome.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 12,883
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Aw man you're 15?! This is why I hate the Internet. I'm 31. If I argued with a 15 year old in real life about how KOTCS is stupid, I'd be a jerk. I'll just say at 15 I liked a lot of movies, I probably wouldn't like today.

JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #56
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,238
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Jason Goes to Hell
  • The King of Fighters
  • The Shining (1980)
  • SAW III
  • SAW IV
  • All these horrid spoofs carrying the word "Movie" in their names
  • Vampires Suck (I did not watch any of the Twilight movies)
  • Spawn (only decent thing on Spawn is some of his old comics)
  • Howard the Duck
  • Encino Man

And to add anime movies:
Naruto Shippuuden movie 3

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #57
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,006
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Aw man you're 15?! This is why I hate the Internet. I'm 31. If I argued with a 15 year old in real life about how KOTCS is stupid, I'd be a jerk. I'll just say at 15 I liked a lot of movies, I probably wouldn't like today.
The movie was good. I don't want my view changed.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #58
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Jason Goes to Hell
  • The King of Fighters
  • The Shining (1980)
  • SAW III
  • SAW IV
  • All these horrid spoofs carrying the word "Movie" in their names
  • Vampires Suck (I did not watch any of the Twilight movies)
  • Spawn (only decent thing on Spawn is some of his old comics)
  • Howard the Duck
  • Encino Man
You already know my take on that opinion, but even then it makes me angry to see such a movie in a thread like this

Quote:

And to add anime movies:
Naruto Shippuuden movie 3
There are trully some terrible shonen anime movies, i won't argue with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Aw man you're 15?! This is why I hate the Internet. I'm 31. If I argued with a 15 year old in real life about how KOTCS is stupid, I'd be a jerk. I'll just say at 15 I liked a lot of movies, I probably wouldn't like today.
I'm 18, the first Indiana Jones film i watched was Crystal Skull, but i think the originals did more for me, i only started to apreciate Indiana Jones once i finished the last crusade. And when i look back Crystal Skull if the one i like the least, it's not the alien, old Indy or setting that i dislike, i actually liked a lot of those scenes, but the CGI and a lot of the sillyness now bug me a lot. For example, i really dislike the fridge part, but the scene after where Jones gazes the mushroom smoke is very good, a character that belongs to the past facing the atomic age.

I would also rather the crystal skull was from aliens long gone from earth than the whole cosmic beings we got.

With Star wars it's very similar, Episode III was what made me a fan, but nowadays i don't look at the prequels in such a positive light, i simply see too many problems, and the Anakin vs Obi-Wan scene, which seemed epic to me some 2-3 years ago, now looks way too exagerated and complicated, going for far longer than it needed to.

Now the only thing i don't see as such a big deal is Jar-Jar, yeah, he's kind of unecessary, and annoying at times, but i don't see him as the anti-christ of Star Wars, and some of the people around my age don't seem to mind him much, some even like him.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #59
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,348
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Cannibal Holocaust
Thursday
Chaos
Caligula
Transformers
Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom
Godzilla '98
Kick-Ass
Burn Hollywood Burn
Repo The Genetic Opera
Morituris

moviedoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #60
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,006
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post



I'm 18, the first Indiana Jones film i watched was Crystal Skull, but i think the originals did more for me, i only started to apreciate Indiana Jones once i finished the last crusade. And when i look back Crystal Skull if the one i like the least, it's not the alien, old Indy or setting that i dislike, i actually liked a lot of those scenes, but the CGI and a lot of the sillyness now bug me a lot. For example, i really dislike the fridge part, but the scene after where Jones gazes the mushroom smoke is very good, a character that belongs to the past facing the atomic age.

I would also rather the crystal skull was from aliens long gone from earth than the whole cosmic beings we got.

With Star wars it's very similar, Episode III was what made me a fan, but nowadays i don't look at the prequels in such a positive light, i simply see too many problems, and the Anakin vs Obi-Wan scene, which seemed epic to me some 2-3 years ago, now looks way too exagerated and complicated, going for far longer than it needed to.

Now the only thing i don't see as such a big deal is Jar-Jar, yeah, he's kind of unecessary, and annoying at times, but i don't see him as the anti-christ of Star Wars, and some of the people around my age don't seem to mind him much, some even like him.
Crystal Skull was also my first exposure to Indy. I like the movie and think it's good, but it's most definitely the worst one. Skull does have it's dull moments.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #61
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,238
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post


Though i've only seen bits and pieces i can honestly say this is the worst film i've ever seen
Color me interested
Is it funny or just bad?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #62
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,197
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Just bad, really really bad in every single way. And it was all filmes on the green screen, so the background looks even more aweful.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #63
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,238
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Just saw the trailer
on the comments

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
CJ
Is gonna pump.. YOU UP!
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,185
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Going by this list, you haven't seen many movies.

Seriouslqy, Toy Story 2?
I loved Toy Story 1 & 3, but Toy Story 2 was a massive disappointment for me.

__________________
Sonic Boom
Saturdays @ 7am on Cartoon Network


Clarence

Thursdays @ 6:30pm on Cartoon Network
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #65
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick
 
The_Manhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 622
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
I loved Toy Story 1 & 3, but Toy Story 2 was a massive disappointment for me.
That's my favorite one of the 3 lol

I remember watching it countless times on road trips when I was younger

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #66
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

The Toy Story movies are probably the only truly flawless movies i have ever scene. I have tried hard to find something bad about them but its impossible.

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #67
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,126
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Great Trilogy imo, but to each their own.

The worst movie I have ever seen might a Western with Vincent Cassel called "Blueberry." (Ironically based on a fantastic comic book.)

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921



gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #68
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,624
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

The Last Airbender
Batman & Robin
Vampires Suck
Epic Movie
Disaster Movie
Meet the Spartans

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #69
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
Great Trilogy imo, but to each their own.

The worst movie I have ever seen might a Western with Vincent Cassel called "Blueberry." (Ironically based on a fantastic comic book.)
Seconded ! the comic is truly amazing.

__________________
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #70
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,126
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Seconded ! the comic is truly amazing.
Connoisseur.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921



gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #71
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,238
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
The worst movie I have ever seen might a Western with Vincent Cassel called "Blueberry." (Ironically based on a fantastic comic book.)
Italian comic?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
The Last Airbender
Batman & Robin
Vampires Suck
Epic Movie
Disaster Movie
Meet the Spartans
I thought that movie doesn't exist

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #72
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.
 
gwynplaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,126
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Italian comic?


I thought that movie doesn't exist
French. Check it out if you can, it's great.

__________________

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921



gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #73
DarkKnight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

The Lost boys 3. The second one was bad too, but part 3 was just....... unforgivable.

DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #74
Rowsdower!
THE WALL
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An undisclosed location
Posts: 17,335
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Red Planet
The Tourist
Aeon Flux (this one was a real shame because I LOVED the cartoon)
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
The Unborn

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #75
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,006
Default Re: The Worst Films You've EVER seen?

Home Alone 4

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.