Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 4

Yeah, Capcom sucks now.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #27
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Haha once you get used to the atrocious save system it's pretty fun. The biggest slight on that franchise (in my eyes) is that they basically designed a sandbox zombie game and then put an awful time restriction on it. Just totally defeats the purpose IMO.
A timer in any game just makes me want to punch devs right in the nose.

Revelation 22:20
Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
Soapy
It's happening again...

Capcom has put out plenty of good to great games this generation. I hardly think they suck, but they've certainly gone way downhill from where they once were. I think they're still totally capable of making good games (Deep Down looks very promising in my opinion), it's just that they largely seem to have their hands tied by exrtradordinarily clueless business-types.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #29
zenith16
Side-Kick

Report: Lego Marvel Super Heroes won't appear at Xbox One launch

(1 hour ago)

Initially slated for release on November 22 to coincide with the Xbox One launch, Lego Marvel Super Heroes has been delayed, reports MCV.

Though it's still expected to appear reasonably soon, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is currently unable or unwilling to offer a new release date for the game. "We will provide a release date for Lego Marvel Super Heroes on Xbox One as soon as possible," the company told MCV, after confirming that it would not be ready in time for the Xbox One launch.

The key question now is whether this delay is global or if it only affects the UK, where MCV is located. We've attempted to contact Warner Bros. Interactive for clarification on when North American gamers can expect to see Lego Marvel Super Heroes on Microsoft's next console, but have so far received no response.
Source: MCV

Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #30
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I'm a huge Dead Rising fan & I could care less about the 720p s***, the game looks fine to me. I'm more concerned about how it plays & it looks like a blast to me.

Gameplay is more important than graphics any day of the week.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #31
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm a huge Dead Rising fan & I could care less about the 720p s***, the game looks fine to me. I'm more concerned about how it plays & it looks like a blast to me.

The 720p resolution isn't the problem with the Digital Foundry article. They are reporting the game runs between 20-30 fps and dips as low as 16. There are also some visible texture issues in the videos.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #32
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post

You say that as if they're mutually exclusive.

Also, the game dips down to 10fps. For your sake I hope you you care as little about framerate as you do about resolution.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #33
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I wouldn't expect a game with that much going on on screen and no load times to run very well. It's a day one pre-order for me so I'll find out soon enough if it's unplayable. I'm absolutely expecting dips if there are 100 zombies on screen and a flame-throwing motorcycle.

Last edited by Poetic Chaos; 11-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #34
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
I wouldn't expect a game with that much going on on screen and no load times to run very well. It's a day one pre-order for me so I'll find out soon enough if it's unplayable. I'm absolutely expecting dips if there are 100 zombies on screen and a flame-throwing motorcycle.
That's totally fair.

However, would you expect framerate dips in empty rooms?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #35
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Its one thing where there is a graph over your game saying 'HEY THE FRAME RATE IS DROPPING THE FRAME RATE IS DROPPING! LOOK LOOK, SEE THE FRAME RATE DROPPING!'

If you can't tell by looking at it, or while playing it who cares?

I say this not having watched any videos or gameplay, again i hate the series so i don't really care, but will it be that noticeable?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #36
Soapy
It's happening again...

...you don't think you'll notice a drop to nearly 10fps?

Old 11-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #37
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
...you don't think you'll notice a drop to nearly 10fps?
Oh I'm sure but if it happens infrequently then I don't see it being too much of an issue. There's some frame rate issues with Arkham Origins and it never gets too bothersome

Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #38
Havok83
Side-Kick

Its one thing for that to happen on current gen hardware, but its disappointing to see it get that drastic on next gen hardware especially considering the significant boost in memory that it has. The ram should act as a buffer so this wont be as common and never as bad as 10fps, especially in an empty room as seen in that pic. Things will likely improve as the gen proceeds but right now, that just looks like a very inefficient development by the programmers

Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Its one thing for that to happen on current gen hardware, but its disappointing to see it get that drastic on next gen hardware especially considering the significant boost in memory that it has. The ram should act as a buffer so this wont be as common and never as bad as 10fps, especially in an empty room as seen in that pic. Things will likely improve as the gen proceeds but right now, that just looks like a very inefficient development by the programmers
Yea and thats the biggest argument towards waiting for a next gen console. We won't see many giant leaps until a year or 2 down the road.

On another topic I wonder how long it'll be before we see less and less games on the old gen systems(meaning 'true' next gen games have arrived?) Of all the big releases for the next year, the Witcher 3 is really the only one i know that'll not release on old hardware. Titanfall and WatchDogs will be cross gen.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #40
Benstamania
Shot first.

I don't care for the whole "wait for this" thing. If one can update their phone every two years (or.. In apples case, every 6 months) buying a next gen console at launch should be doable.

I mean.. I'm all for "bang for your buck" but I also want to support home console gaming. Get the consoles ASAP and wait if you have to.. But I'm all for console manufacturers seeing green as soon as possible.

Not that I ever, ever think mobile gaming will take over.. (it seriously wont) but me buying at least one of these consoles at launch helps keep it further at bay, IMHO.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Yea and thats the biggest argument towards waiting for a next gen console. We won't see many giant leaps until a year or 2 down the road.

On another topic I wonder how long it'll be before we see less and less games on the old gen systems(meaning 'true' next gen games have arrived?) Of all the big releases for the next year, the Witcher 3 is really the only one i know that'll not release on old hardware. Titanfall and WatchDogs will be cross gen.
I don't think it will be any longer than normal. I think the reason we're seeing so many cross-gen games is twofold.

One part of it is that publishers have gotten extremely conservative and paranoid over the last few years, and hedging their bets by releasing their games on both generations is part of that I think.

The second part of it, and this is just a theory on my part, but I think Sony pulled the trigger on next-gen way sooner than anyone expected. I believe this is why there are so few exclusively next-gen games, why Microsoft's strategy has been so muddled, why it's taken a long time for Kojima to sort out how they're going to release Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, etc.

In general it seems to me that there's been a lot of scrambling in the gaming industry, and I believe this is because most publishers and developers outside of Sony's inner circle were targeting this time next year as the start of the next generation.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #42
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I don't think it will be any longer than normal. I think the reason we're seeing so many cross-gen games is twofold.

One part of it is that publishers have gotten extremely conservative and paranoid over the last few years, and hedging their bets by releasing their games on both generations is part of that I think.

The second part of it, and this is just a theory on my part, but I think Sony pulled the trigger on next-gen way sooner than anyone expected. I believe this is why there are so few exclusively next-gen games, why Microsoft's strategy has been so muddled, why it's taken a long time for Kojima to sort out how they're going to release Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, etc.

In general it seems to me that there's been a lot of scrambling in the gaming industry, and I believe this is because most publishers and developers outside of Sony's inner circle were targeting this time next year as the start of the next generation.
Hm, yea id have to agree with all of that. Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I don't care for the whole "wait for this" thing. If one can update their phone every two years (or.. In apples case, every 6 months) buying a next gen console at launch should be doable.

I mean.. I'm all for "bang for your buck" but I also want to support home console gaming. Get the consoles ASAP and wait if you have to.. But I'm all for console manufacturers seeing green as soon as possible.

Not that I ever, ever think mobile gaming will take over.. (it seriously wont) but me buying at least one of these consoles at launch helps keep it further at bay, IMHO.
Hah yea i was chatting with a friend the other day and they asked me if i was getting a new console. I said yea and they're like, dude you need to wait, all you are is a beta tester for better systems that'll come out later. Im like isn't that the case with everything? "dude, don't get that car, theres a new one coming out next year".

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 11-13-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #43
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post

I don't think it's so much a "bang for your buck" mentality, as a "why do I need to own this console right now?" one. For me, none of the exclusives interest me terribly. Sure, there's a few, but neither of them have a game(s) that make me go, "I have to get a PS4 and/or a Xbox One". Really, just buying one to support the cause while letting it sit there just seems like a big waste to me. Plus, any hardware issues that may arise will arise mostly with launch units. I'd rather not have to be a glorified beta tester just to have a shiny piece of tech sit there.

EDIT: And for what's it worth, I take that same stance with all electronics. I don't upgrade my phone just because a new model hits and I'm "suppose" to in order to support Apple or Sony or whoever. I mean, it's your money, so if you've got it to toss around like that, it's your choice, but this seems like a rather wasteful mentality to have.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I don't think it's so much a "bang for your buck" mentality, as a "why do I need to own this console right now?" one. For me, none of the exclusives interest me terribly. Sure, there's a few, but neither of them have a game(s) that make me go, "I have to get a PS4 and/or a Xbox One". Really, just buying one to support the cause while letting it sit there just seems like a big waste to me. Plus, any hardware issues that may arise will arise mostly with launch units. I'd rather not have to be a glorified beta tester just to have a shiny piece of tech sit there.

EDIT: And for what's it worth, I take that same stance with all electronics. I don't upgrade my phone just because a new model hits and I'm "suppose" to in order to support Apple or Sony or whoever. I mean, it's your money, so if you've got it to toss around like that, it's your choice, but this seems like a rather wasteful mentality to have.
People seem to always be so afraid of early cycle electronics but i rarely have any issues with them, outside of software, which gets patched regardless. I mean i had the original iPhone and had no issues. Then i got the first 3G, no issues, then i got the iPhone 4, no issues, then the 5, no issues, ill get the 6 and I'm sure ill have no issues. I had the first iPad, no issues, onto the 2nd gen, once more, no issues. Iv had the SAME PS4 since launch(well right after launch) and only now has it crapped out on me. The only major electronics device iv had crap out on me early on was my 360. I think my first red ring came like 2 or 3 years into its cycle?

So i never worry about the early electronics or being a "beta" tester.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #45
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
People seem to always be so afraid of early cycle electronics but i rarely have any issues with them, outside of software, which gets patched regardless. I mean i had the original iPhone and had no issues. Then i got the first 3G, no issues, then i got the iPhone 4, no issues, then the 5, no issues, ill get the 6 and I'm sure ill have no issues. I had the first iPad, no issues, onto the 2nd gen, once more, no issues. Iv had the SAME PS4 since launch(well right after launch) and only now has it crapped out on me. The only major electronics device iv had crap out on me early on was my 360. I think my first red ring came like 2 or 3 years into its cycle?

So i never worry about the early electronics or being a "beta" tester.
That's true, it is different nowadays, since patching is easily done. But back in the day, it was different. I had a launch PS2, and it had sorts of problems. That's the main reason I stay away from launch consoles. It probably is easier to avoid, but honestly, I just don't want to fool with it at all. There's never going to be a 100% guarantee, but I'd rather any issues get ironed out before I get one. I don't see that as unreasonable. It works out since it gives time for the console's library to fill out and not have it sitting there doing either nothing or something that I could've easily done without it's existence.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #46
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's true, it is different nowadays, since patching is easily done. But back in the day, it was different. I had a launch PS2, and it had sorts of problems. That's the main reason I stay away from launch consoles. It probably is easier to avoid, but honestly, I just don't want to fool with it at all. There's never going to be a 100% guarantee, but I'd rather any issues get ironed out before I get one. I don't see that as unreasonable. It works out since it gives time for the console's library to fill out and not have it sitting there doing either nothing or something that I could've easily done without it's existence.
I just get the extended warranty. If they come out with a "better version" mine can "develop" an intermittent issue and they have to replace mine

Never had to do that though had both Xbox and 360 at launch with no issues.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #47
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Meh, I'm not trying advocate my way or anything, but I really don't think it's a difficult mindset to have. Makes a lot of sense in several different ways to me.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #48
Travesty
TEOL

There just isn't any launch games that stand out to me as "must haves". I LOVE the Forza series, and the new one looks great, but not $560+ great. I can wait for both systems, right now.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #49
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Meh, I'm not trying advocate my way or anything, but I really don't think it's a difficult mindset to have. Makes a lot of sense in several different ways to me.
Yea it's really not a hard concept. If ya want to get a launch system do that, if you don't, don't.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #50
Soapy
It's happening again...

Waiting makes a lot of sense to me. Being an early adopter essentially means that you're paying the most for the worst experience. By that I mean the console is going to cost the most it will ever cost, and for that money you're getting a very limited selection of games (this time around most of them can be had on other platforms), the software is going to be in it's most basic and primitive form, and it's also the time when major problems are most likely to crop up.

Of course being an early adopter means you get to be there in the zeitgeist, and enjoy the hype. Had the generation not gone on as long as it has, I probably wouldn't have bought a console day one, but I feel like I've been starved for something new and fresh in the game industry for so long that I'm willing to jump into just about anything immediately.

Having said that, I'm rarely an early adopter. The only consoles that I've bought at launch are the GameCube, Xbox 360, and now the Playstation 4. Edit: Also, the GBA. Though that was a gift.

Last edited by Soapy; 11-13-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Closed Thread