The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #51
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 4

I got the PSOne, Nintendo everything (seriously...), Xbox (One..Original) and PS2 at launch...waited a bit before getting the XB360.. Waited a month or two for the PS3.

Revelation 22:20
Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #52
Travesty
TEOL

The only system I got at launch was the first Xbox and the 3DS. Other than that, I've waited months if not years before getting systems.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #53
Donut
Side-Kick

I am getting The One at launch. Waiting a bit for PS4. Will probably get the Wii U before that. Once Smash Brothers & Mario Kart arrives. I waited a bit to get the 360. Everything before the PS3 & 360. Got launch versions

Old 11-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #54
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

This will be my second console I get at launch. The last being the 360. But I always get all the systems, well save for Nintendo products(after the GameCube)

Speaking of which, anyone have any memories of their console launches. The only one I have of course is the 360 but to get that I ended up going to target at like 4 am and camping out(the store only had like 11 total systems). There were like 7 or 8 other ppl there and right around 7am a bunch of ppl showed up only to be told the store wouldn't have any available. One dude was PISSED. That's the last time iv ever done any kind of waiting or camping outside of a store.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 11-13-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #55
Havok83
Side-Kick

The Dreamcast is the only console I got at launch. I had been playing a Japanese version at my cousin's house for a couple of months before this so I was super pumped for it. Sonic Adventure sold it for me

Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #56
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
The Dreamcast is the only console I got at launch. I had been playing a Japanese version at my cousin's house for a couple of months before this so I was super pumped for it. Sonic Adventure sold it for me
I got my Dreamcast for christmas one year(I'm assuming it was the year it came out maybe the year after) and all i can remember was my dad and uncles remarking at how life like NFL 2K looked. I remember specifically it was that you could see the players breath in cold weather. Packers vs Vikings in Lambau. NO idea how i remember that.

Completely off topic, but damn i miss the NFL 2K series.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #57
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Everyone misses the NFL 2k series I bought Madden for the first time last year. Hadn't played a football game since 2k5. Returned it after a week. Never again until the exclusive is over.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #58
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Everyone misses the NFL 2k series I bought Madden for the first time last year. Hadn't played a football game since 2k5. Returned it after a week. Never again until the exclusive is over.
Im with ya. Iv given Madden a few tries this gen and all have disappointed me. They've made improvements, ill give em credit, but IMO its STILL behind 2K5.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #59
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Playing through a season was unbearable because it was the same commentary in every single game. And the supposedly improved physics was terrible. Didn't feel like there was any impact behind any of the hits and you could fall from running into your blockers back or tripping over a foot. The presentation in 2K5 is still unmatched with the ESPN highlight shows and all.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #60
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Playing through a season was unbearable because it was the same commentary in every single game. And the supposedly improved physics was terrible. Didn't feel like there was any impact behind any of the hits and you could fall from running into your blockers back or tripping over a foot. The presentation in 2K5 is still unmatched with the ESPN highlight shows and all.
Yea iv always been a franchise/season mode type of guy and i don't think iv completed a full season mode in Madden since 2005. Maybe this will be the generation that EA loses the license. I mean just look at the difference between Madden for XB1 and NBA 2K14 for XB1. Its incredible.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #61
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Subscribing thread for when I get my Xbox One next week

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #62
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Waiting makes a lot of sense to me. Being an early adopter essentially means that you're paying the most for the worst experience. By that I mean the console is going to cost the most it will ever cost, and for that money you're getting a very limited selection of games (this time around most of them can be had on other platforms), the software is going to be in it's most basic and primitive form, and it's also the time when major problems are most likely to crop up.

Of course being an early adopter means you get to be there in the zeitgeist, and enjoy the hype. Had the generation not gone on as long as it has, I probably wouldn't have bought a console day one, but I feel like I've been starved for something new and fresh in the game industry for so long that I'm willing to jump into just about anything immediately.

Having said that, I'm rarely an early adopter. The only consoles that I've bought at launch are the GameCube, Xbox 360, and now the Playstation 4. Edit: Also, the GBA. Though that was a gift.
You're right, that does make a lot of sense. However, the reasons I am personally buying both systems at launch are two fold. 1) I'm 37 years old and have NEVER been a part of the launch experience for any cosole and 2) I actually have the money right now, so why the hell not. Bonus reason 3) I'm a huge techy and I enjoy the technology surrounding these consoles.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 11-15-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #63
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
Subscribing thread for when I get my Xbox One next week
Haha nice. What games u getting? My buddy has already purchased NBA 2K14 for his XB1. Think ima go do the same.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #64
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Game choices are a lot difficult this time around. With previous console launches I've had a clear choice for a first game, but this time it's a little hard without being over indulgent. I'm happy getting Fifa14 for free with the launch package, and I'll surely download Killer Instinct from the arcade, but the first full priced game has me torn between NBA 2K14 and Forza 5. Sporting games are a safe choice for launch titles as the gameplay and mechanics are already known, and the graphics are usually of a high standard. I think it'll depend on what my friends get so I'll have others I can challenge online with.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #65
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
Game choices are a lot difficult this time around. With previous console launches I've had a clear choice for a first game, but this time it's a little hard without being over indulgent. I'm happy getting Fifa14 for free with the launch package, and I'll surely download Killer Instinct from the arcade, but the first full priced game has me torn between NBA 2K14 and Forza 5. Sporting games are a safe choice for launch titles as the gameplay and mechanics are already known, and the graphics are usually of a high standard. I think it'll depend on what my friends get so I'll have others I can challenge online with.
Yea Forza is gonna be great, but that's a no brainer as it's become the best racing sim on the market. I thought about getting Forza but I prefer to use a racing wheel for those games and the only racing wheel that's coming out is the one made by Thrustmaster which will cost 400 bux.

So I'll be going with NBA 2K14, Battlefield 4 and Killer Instinct.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #66
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I'm just getting Killer Instinct, I don't know what other games are worth playing. I'm not a FPS person (never liked Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc) , never played any Assassins Creed games ever, Ryse looks pretty but I'll wait until it's at a deep discount, and Forza seems boring to me.

The kind of games I like are beat em ups, side scrollers, racing games like Blur, San Francisco Rush, Mario Kart, 3rd Person Action games (Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, etc) , and platformers.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #67
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
I'm just getting Killer Instinct, I don't know what other games are worth playing. I'm not a FPS person (never liked Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc) , never played any Assassins Creed games ever, Ryse looks pretty but I'll wait until it's at a deep discount, and Forza seems boring to me.

The kind of games I like are beat em ups, side scrollers, racing games like Blur, San Francisco Rush, Mario Kart, 3rd Person Action games (Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, etc) , and platformers.

Any suggestions?
Get a Wii U?

But based on what you claim you like, Need For Speed might be a good one to pick up. Its more of an arcade racer whereas Forza is a simulation.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #68
Donut
Side-Kick

Games that are on the Windows 8 Store / Phone Apps can be played on XBOX One correct ?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #69
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Games that are on the Windows 8 Store / Phone Apps can be played on XBOX One correct ?
I have no idea. I haven't heard that though.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
Donut
Side-Kick

Interesting that looking at the game store. Some games have the XBOX One logo on them. Only one week away

Old 11-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #71
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Dead Rising 3 & Assassin's Creed IV (from what I've heard it seems like a good place to jump into the series, I haven't played it yet since I'm waiting for the X1 version).

Old 11-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #72
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Yea i generally hate telling ppl to jump into a series in the middle, but ACIV is pretty removed from the other games. You'll obviously get more out of it if you have been following the series, but its not too jarring.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #73
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Get a Wii U?

But based on what you claim you like, Need For Speed might be a good one to pick up. Its more of an arcade racer whereas Forza is a simulation.
Wii U? C'mon my last Wii is still collecting dust...the only times its played is during the holidays with all the family. Last Need for Speed I played was boring as hell, I like vehicular combat and insane ramps.

What other games are coming out for XB1 in the future year? Ryse I might play, but I feel the reviews will be mixed or negative, so I'll wait.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #74
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Dead Rising 3 & Assassin's Creed IV (from what I've heard it seems like a good place to jump into the series, I haven't played it yet since I'm waiting for the X1 version).
AC4 is a good place to pickup the series? I might have to check it out. DR 3 I just checked out on YT, looks promising, thanks!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #75
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Wii U? C'mon my last Wii is still collecting dust...the only times its played is during the holidays with all the family. Last Need for Speed I played was boring as hell, I like vehicular combat and insane ramps.

What other games are coming out for XB1 in the future year? Ryse I might play, but I feel the reviews will be mixed or negative, so I'll wait.
Watch Dogs and Titanfall are prob the 2 biggest games coming out in the near future, but Titanfall is a FPS/Mech shooter. Watchdogs will be similar to Assassins Creed though.