Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #76
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Wii U? C'mon my last Wii is still collecting dust...the only times its played is during the holidays with all the family. Last Need for Speed I played was boring as hell, I like vehicular combat and insane ramps.

What other games are coming out for XB1 in the future year? Ryse I might play, but I feel the reviews will be mixed or negative, so I'll wait.
?

Take a look at the list of what you liked, and then really think about that recommendation. We've got Mario Kart obviously, but we also have Bayonetta 2 as a U exclusive (which is really the only significant action beat'em up we know about), and then platformers. That's pretty much the only platform were you can find a lot of mainstream platformer titles anymore. Nintendo is basically the only company that put a AAA effort into the genre anymore. It's really not a far fetched recommendation based on what you said at all

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #77
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Sorry, my last Wii purchase is still collecting dust….just can't see myself forking out money on another Nintendo console. I basically bought it so I can play my old N64, NES and SNES games on it.

I have absolutely no interest in Bayonetta, but I am kind of interested in the new Mario games, including Mario Kart, but other than that, not much. I can't justify buying that for a game I can play on the Wii already.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #78
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

I don't fanthom how one can say they have interest in action beat'em ups and have "absolutely no interest" in the sequel to easily one of the best beat'em ups last gen, but okay. It's sounds more like you're not even all that interested in the stuff you said you were honestly.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #79
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I just don't like the theme of Bayonetta, nor the art direction.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #80
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

Haha, there's no theme in Bayonetta. I mean, really, you give a **** about that stuff in action beat'em ups? Pretty much all of them are filled with nonsensical stories that don't matter at all. Which ones do you like?

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #81
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I liked the latest Castlevania, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden 2, Prince of Persia, Double Dragons (all of them) and Vanquish.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Im not sure there will be enough games on the XB1 that will make your purchase worth it, unless you are really drawn to the features outside of games(which i don't blame ya, that was my deciding factor).

Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #83
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

So I should get my console this weekend (haven't officially checked everything as just got back from holiday). It comes with FIFA 14 free & I also get Killer Instinct with characters unlocked free from XBox Live. I'm definitely getting BF4, AC4 and later Destiny & TitanFall. Dead Rising 3 (even before finishing the other games of which I own all) & Ryse also at some point. Still not sure how many of these to get at launch. Guess I'm in no real rush beyond 1 or 2 next gen showcasers as I'll be playing 360 & pc as much as XB1 for a good while (years) yet. I really hope the media stuff works in the way it did during recent demos.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #84
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So I should get my console this weekend (haven't officially checked everything as just got back from holiday). It comes with FIFA 14 free & I also get Killer Instinct with characters unlocked free from XBox Live. I'm definitely getting BF4, AC4 and later Destiny & TitanFall. Dead Rising 3 (even before finishing the other games of which I own all) & Ryse also at some point. Still not sure how many of these to get at launch. Guess I'm in no real rush beyond 1 or 2 next gen showcasers as I'll be playing 360 & pc as much as XB1 for a good while (years) yet. I really hope the media stuff works in the way it did during recent demos.
We're gonna have to battle in some KI man. Also hit up some BF4. I'm not sure if I'll get the full KI or just go character by character.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #85
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
We're gonna have to battle in some KI man. Also hit up some BF4. I'm not sure if I'll get the full KI or just go character by character.
Definitely. I'll look for you 1st day if you're free as I want to try out all the new party stuff also.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #86
Donut
Side-Kick

My Console should be here sometime Friday

Old 11-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #87
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

What games you getting?

And I forgot about Forza 5! Damn!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #88
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
What games you getting?

And I forgot about Forza 5! Damn!
Haha yea I want Forza too but ima wait on a racing wheel.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #89
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Just got a call from Gamestop to promote their trade-in deal and to confirm I'd be picking up my console by Sunday. So close!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #90
Benstamania
Shot first.

I saw the Xbox One at work today. I kicked it really hard for you guys... Especially you Pat.

Revelation 22:20
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #91
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
What games you getting
Just Killer Instinct & when available Halo: Spartan Assault

Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #92
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Im not sure there will be enough games on the XB1 that will make your purchase worth it, unless you are really drawn to the features outside of games(which i don't blame ya, that was my deciding factor).
Oh my purchase is already guaranteed, I got my confirmation letter yesterday that a shipping label has been created. I bought this console solely for Killer Instinct. I have been a fan of KI since 1994 and told myself I would buy any console that offered this game. Having Blu-Ray and HDMI pass through is making this a solid purchase for me since I like to hook this up to my 5.1 Surround sound system.

I hope to see more kick ass games in the following year. Here's hoping for some vehicular carnage and more 3rd person beat em ups.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #93
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I saw the Xbox One at work today. I kicked it really hard for you guys... Especially you Pat.
Haha that's messed up, u better not work at amazon and that better not be my console ya kicked haha.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #94
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Oh my purchase is already guaranteed, I got my confirmation letter yesterday that a shipping label has been created. I bought this console solely for Killer Instinct. I have been a fan of KI since 1994 and told myself I would buy any console that offered this game. Having Blu-Ray and HDMI pass through is making this a solid purchase for me since I like to hook this up to my 5.1 Surround sound system.

I hope to see more kick ass games in the following year. Here's hoping for some vehicular carnage and more 3rd person beat em ups.
Haha I'm hoping KI will be good. Some of the pros have been saying it'll really take off on the tourney scene

As for beat em ups and car combat, I'm not sure how many of those games we'll see.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #95
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I hate everyone of you who's getting it launch day.

I probably won't get mine until after Christmas. Atleast I have my pretty big backlog to keep me occupied.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #96
Travesty
TEOL

Than why do you hate everyone?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #97
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

So what was the main reason for you peeps choosing Xbone over SP4?

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #98
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
It was a tough decision for sure(I had both preordered up until like 2 weeks before the ps4s release) but the amount of media features just pushed it over the top for me. The snap feature the One will have just seems to have WAY too many uses for me to pass up. Being able to play a game and then instantly switch to the Internet to find a level walk through or to check out the score of a sports game is something I know ill use a LOT. LIVE was also a factor. Over the last generation it proved to be much more reliable.

It ultimately doesn't matter tho, I'm getting both consoles. Just going with the One as my primary.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #99
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Yeah I'm in the same boat. At first I was a little concerned with how my TiVo would work with the One, but it seems any DVR device should work normally with the HDMI pass on the One. What I'm most interesting in is if I can use the pass for my PC HDMI. I kind of use my computer as my main entertainment hub, I just flick back from PC to TiVo to 360 as I please via TV remote. If I can run both TiVo and PC through the Xbox One I'll be a very happy camper. I really like the NFL feature and Dream Team, although we don't have that in Australia, I really hope they'll set something up in Australia but with something like Aussie Rules. Also I found this cool demo on YouTube that shows off a lot of the features of Xbox One.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #100
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
My investment in my XBL account was one of the main reasons. But Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Halo & Killer Instinct helped me to officially decide that X1 is what I wanted most.

Luckily, Dead Rising 3 & Killer Instinct are getting good reviews. KI is getting reviews in the 70s, mostly because it lacks modes. That's not a huge problem for me since I care more about the gameplay in a fighting game, the FGC will be the real reviewers of KI.