Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #101
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 4

Your New Achievements Are Much Prettier On Xbox One

Quote:
The little achievement pop-up isn't the only thing that's changed on the Xbox One. Actually viewing Xbox One achievements themselves will be better, too.P

The first image in this post, which comes from Microsoft's Mike Ybarra, may look like a wallpaper, but it's actually what a specific achievement in Ryse looks like. It's the screen you'd see if you pressed and held the Xbox button when the achievement icon pops up (or the screen you'd see if you looked at this specific achievement later). Basically, the Xbox One gives you a nice visual you can look back on with each achievement, which is pretty cool.P

And this is what the screen containing all your achievements for specific games will look like—the left side will show you what percentage of achievements you've gotten in a game, and you can scroll through the pictures to see individual achievements in that game.P

Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #102
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
So what was the main reason for you peeps choosing Xbone over SP4?
To me the consoles are about even overall and I'd have got both at launch if I didn't have so much electronic clutter already (or if they had full backward compatibility) and if they weren't so similar. The multiplatform games are a lot stronger than the exclusives unlike years gone by and on top of that having to pay for 2 online memberships makes it a tougher decision. And my neighbour always gets PS consoles at launch so I guess we can use playing all the other system's exclusives as an excuse to visit regularly.

The main launch exclusives I'm interested in are Killzone, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct & Forza. Ryse will also be up there if it turns out to be a good game but will wait and see on that (still no reviews despite the others already coming out). Of course when the big guns like Uncharted & TitanFall drop exclusives will become more important. The new DS controller is 100 times better than the PS3's version. I have hopes for some really good Kinect 2.0 voice integration into games like future Mass Effects. And I really hope for a new Gears of War made to the same standard as the 1st 3 games with great multiplayer and Gears 2 style horde mode. And of course Halo 5 should be awesome, hopefully even more of a jump than 4 was.

The media stuff with HDMI passthrough is a big plus for integration into my home entertainment system (like the PS3 & blu-ray were last gen) and the ecosystem of XBox with history of games I played (10 times more than on PS3) plus all the friends I spent years playing with/just messing about with in XBL parties makes that the natural starting point for me. But I'm definitely excited to play the PS4 too. Killzone is a big one but Uncharted & God of War sequels I'm sure will be among my very top games again next gen.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #103
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah I'm in the same boat. At first I was a little concerned with how my TiVo would work with the One, but it seems any DVR device should work normally with the HDMI pass on the One. What I'm most interesting in is if I can use the pass for my PC HDMI. I kind of use my computer as my main entertainment hub, I just flick back from PC to TiVo to 360 as I please via TV remote. If I can run both TiVo and PC through the Xbox One I'll be a very happy camper. I really like the NFL feature and Dream Team, although we don't have that in Australia, I really hope they'll set something up in Australia but with something like Aussie Rules. Also I found this cool demo on YouTube that shows off a lot of the features of Xbox One.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
You mean run both TiVO and pc at the same time by HDMI through XBox One? I doubt that can be done as there's only one HDMI in. Sounds like you need an amp with multiple HDMI in inputs (mine has about 8) and maybe that could be sent through the XB1. Although I don't know how well the voice/gesture navigation would be able to cope with that setup. Any individual piece of equipment that can output to HDMI should be fine outputting to XB1, even a PS4 or another XB1 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
That does look good!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #104
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Also I found this cool demo on YouTube that shows off a lot of the features of Xbox One.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yea i watched that the other day on the dashboard and just thought that was too cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
KI is getting reviews in the 70s, mostly because it lacks modes. That's not a huge problem for me since I care more about the gameplay in a fighting game, the FGC will be the real reviewers of KI.
Yea i think IGN gave it like an 8 or something? Either way not bad for a game thats lacking in the features department at the moment. The plus is that those added features and extra characters are coming though....unfortunately they're coming as DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
Yea, thats pretty neat.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #105
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Another trailer on some of the games and features for XB1

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #106
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Wonder why Ryse hasn't gotten any reviews yet.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #107
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
because it sucks! Sorry, had to get that in. Late embargo reviews are always reason for concern. For its sake, hopefully there isn't much to worry about

Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #108
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

It has gotten a few. Some fairly positive, some very negative.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #109
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
It's under embargo until Thursday I believe.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #110
Dugath
Side-Kick

Looks like Best Buy will be opening at Midnight Thursday night.
Since I am on Nights this week I guess I will stumble on over when I get off of work to pick mine up and DR3.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #111
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Forza also doesn't have any reviews yet. Are we assuming that sucks as well? Or could it be that with a once in 8 years gaming launch coming up this weekend, Microsoft might want the embargoes and reviews of big games coming out in a staggered format to keep XB1 at the top of all gaming site news pages for the whole week rather than blow their load at the start? I definitely wouldn't lift all embargos at the same time in the same way that Sony/Microsoft don't release news on all their upcoming sequels to their Uncharteds, Gods of Wars, Gears of Wars & Halos on the same day.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #112
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Just got a confirmation from amazon that my copy of BF4 has shipped. Ugh, gonna have to stare at the game for a few days with no ability to play it haha.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #113
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Just got a confirmation from amazon that my copy of BF4 has shipped. Ugh, gonna have to stare at the game for a few days with no ability to play it haha.
that's how its been with me and Killzone since Saturday

Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #114
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
Looks like Best Buy will be opening at Midnight Thursday night.
Since I am on Nights this week I guess I will stumble on over when I get off of work to pick mine up and DR3.
Nice! Want to see what you think of DR3. Don't know anyone getting that day 1 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Haha, torture. If it was Mass Effect 4 I would probably have to eat the game to stay sane.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #115
Benstamania
Shot first.

Buddy of mine played Ryse at the GS conference. He said it wasn't awful.. Just.. Utterly forgettable.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #116
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Coworker took my Friday shift, midnight it is!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #117
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Ryse under embargo until the day before the XONE doesn't sound good. At least DR3 and Killer Instinct are good.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #118
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Other than it maybe lacking gameplay depth and being a button masher, I'm not seeing any obvious flaws that would give it horrendous reviews. I'm expecting in the 7-8 range.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #119
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I've decided to get the XBO next year after PS4 and so right now I've got two questions..

1-Can you play as you download like on ps4?,I know we can still download while on standby but can we also play XBO games as we download and install them?

2-How easy is it to connect the console to cable boxes?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #120
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

1. yes.

2. plug in the HDMI from your cable box to your Xbox. Then probably pick your cable provider to set up the OneGuide so you can control it with your voice/controller.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #121
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Cool thanks

Old 11-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #122
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Connecting to the cable box should be very easy given that the console's been built with just that in mind.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #123
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Snap and the HDMI pass-through are 2 brilliant ideas made even better and more seamless with voice control. Really innovative stuff.

And Xbox is getting great ad-space. Commercials with every football game thanks to their partnership with NFL (the biggest sport in NA) and spots with one of the most popular shows with The Walking Dead thanks to DR3. Microsoft is definitely making the right choices with its marketing. And they're not just generic game commercials, but specific to what the viewer is watching (fantasy football capabilities with NFL and zombie game with Walking Dead).

Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #124
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Are they showing any different ads to the one that was originally shown?

Yeah Snap will be great for looking up guides and vidoes when you're stuck or collectibles. Right now I have to do that kind of stuff upstairs near my main non gaming computer. Would rather be able to do it from my lounge on the big screen.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #125
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Any changes to the Internet Explorer browser on XBO?