The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

Default Events from the Comic

What will make it from the comic series to the screen?

Since we will already have Sentinels I'm guessing the mass evacuation from The United States to Europe will happen. What else do you think will make it in?

Rockteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Events from the Comic

Are you talking about in Apocalypse? If so, than we'll probably see Apocalypse's Four Horsemen. There are plenty of other big X-Men events they haven't done:

- The Mutant Massacre
- The Phoenix Saga (guaranteed they'll take another stab at this after X3 failed on it)
- Dark Archangel (would be a great X-Force sequel storyline)
- Muir Island Saga w/ Shadow King
- The Legacy Virus
- Operation: Zero Tolerance

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I agree with all those story suggestions...

But I also think a completely new/original story is another possibility.

Fans get upset when classic tales like Dark Phoenix, DoFP, God Loves Man Kills veer away from the source material.

So how about a totally new story not based on the comics at all? Would that work? I really don't know, the X-Men comics fans are so hard to please at this point that it's tough to know if ANYTHING would be acceptable...

Old 03-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The creative team is not obligated to photocopy every panel from the Comics; I preferred when they take chances, and try different things with existing scenarios. X-Men have been around for 50 years, and millions upon millions of pages; thre is no shortage of what could be mined.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
kasjan
Side-Kick

Enough of tolerance people vs mutants. TLS ended this, but once again we saw it in FC and will see in DOFP.
Time for mutants vs mutants, bring on Mutant Massacre.
Apocalypse, Sinister, Shadow King,..

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The creative team is not obligated to photocopy every panel from the Comics; I preferred when they take chances, and try different things with existing scenarios. X-Men have been around for 50 years, and millions upon millions of pages; thre is no shortage of what could be mined.
You're right; they have no obligation to copy every panel from the comics.

But we all hear is complaints that Kitty isn't going back to the past, and how they butchered the Phoenix story in X3.

If the films came up with something surprisingly new, there wouldn't be any reference point for it.

Last edited by X-Maniac; 03-13-2014 at 03:48 PM.
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

Kinberg already stated in an interview that they were basing X-Men: Apocalypse on Age of Apocalypse.

Sorry guys, I was talking strictly about the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus, and what stories/comics from that will make it into the movie. Not necessarily panel by panel.

Rockteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Malik
Side-Kick

He did?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
He did?
In the Empire interview Kinberg suggested they could use Age of Apocalypse as a "starting point".

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Kinberg talked about using elements of age of apoaclypse for Apocalypse.

also remember it was his idea to do days of future past after fox suggested bringing back Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen for beging and end of followup to FC.

If they want to work In OT cast again without rehashing what they did In DOFP Age of Apocalypse gives them a opening to do that.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #11
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Every time they stay too away from the source material they fail hard, as shown by Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, First Class was the only exception, and even then, it had a tone pretty close to the 60s comics.

X-Men 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past were so good in part due to taking quality storylines from the comics and doing their oun spin, while still being reverent to them.

I think that the best way to go is to take a single major storyline and focus on making it work in their film universe.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
Lord
All Mighty

Considering the next film is going to deal with Apocalypse i wonder what they're going to do after, will they stretch the villain into another paralel times type of story with Age of Apocalypse? Maybe Mutant Massacre or Fall of the Mutants? The problem is that those would need a proper introduction of the Morlocks, but with the introduction og the Fantastic Four in this universe, you can use Reed's son.

It's also possible that we'll see a proper take on the Dark Phoenix storyline, Bryan Singer's original idea had the Hellfire Club in the mix, we didn't see Emma actually die, unlike with Azazel and Angel where actually saw pictures of their dead bodies.

Either way, it would be interesting to see Magneto form Genosha and live there in peace for a long time.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote