The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

View Poll Results: Which characters would you like to see serve as Apocalypse's Horsemen?
Angel (Warren Worthington III) 16 69.57%
Banshee 1 4.35%
Beast 2 8.70%
Bishop 0 0%
Blink 0 0%
Colossus 0 0%
Cyclops 6 26.09%
Emma Frost 4 17.39%
Gambit 5 21.74%
Havok 0 0%
Iceman 2 8.70%
Jean Grey 8 34.78%
Jubilee 1 4.35%
Juggernaut 3 13.04%
Kitty Pryde 0 0%
Magneto 6 26.09%
Mystique 3 13.04%
Nightcrawler 1 4.35%
Professor Xavier 4 17.39%
Pyro 1 4.35%
Quicksilver 0 0%
Rogue 6 26.09%
Sabretooth 2 8.70%
Storm 6 26.09%
Sunspot 3 13.04%
Toad 0 0%
Warpath 1 4.35%
Wolverine 5 21.74%
Other 7 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
BMM
Side-Kick

Default "War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death!": The Official Horsemen of Apocalypse Thread

Where Apocalypse goes, his Horsemen usually follow. Augmented to suit Apocalypse's needs, the Horseman consist of heroes and villains alike and have included characters, such as Angel, Deathbird, Gambit, and Wolverine, among others. Knowing this, who would you like to see occupy the roles of War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death in X-Men: Apocalypse?

Since we don't know much about the movie, I've included some of the more well known characters from all of the previous installments, as well as Days of Future Past. You can of course vote for more than one character.

Last edited by BMM; 01-16-2014 at 01:48 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: "War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death!": The Official Horsemen of Apocalypse Thread

I don't see Apocalypse having his horsemen in his 1st movie, like 100% active throughout the movie. I see him having a few mutants working for him but they aren't the 4 horsemen yet.

What I would like to see though is him gathering/kidnapping mutants that could be part of his horsemen and they will be saved for the next movie. I would love to see Angel back (the Angel that we saw in X3) and at the end of the movie, Apocalypse captures him.

I also would like to see Polaris/Sunfire as two of Apocalypse's horsemen if they are gonna bring new faces. Then Wolverine as a horseman, a new role of him and it would give more exposure to the other X-Men. And maybe Gambit too.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: "War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death!": The Official Horsemen of Apocalypse Thread

I don't know if they'll be saving anything for the next movie, since everyone's contracts expire after X-Men: Apocalypse. It does sound like, though,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
if the rumored end credits scene is to be believed, the writers are toying with the idea of Apocalypse exerting some sort of possession over mutants. Whether he's transforming them into his Horsemen, or a variation of his Horsemen, is what I'm curious about.

Regardless, I've always liked the Archangel storyline, but I think chances are slim we'll see anything like that in the movie.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
xrs13
Cold as ice

I keep changing my mind haha, Now I want Xavier, Storm, Rogue and I don't know... Maybe Jean or Magneto/Polaris.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Professor Xavier (Death), Magneto (War), Mister Sinister (Pestilence), and Mystique (Famine)

Old 01-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
kasjan
Side-Kick

Archangel.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Truthfully, I'm over the Horsemen being converted characters we know. It was great with Archangel, but then it got really repetitive. And really stupid with the Blood of Apocalypse story (though, it was a terrible story anyway). I would like to see a mix of the original Horsemen and Remender's Final Horsemen. Hmm, Famine from the first Horsemen, War and Pestilence from the Final Horsmen, and then adapt Holocaust (nee Genocide/Nemesis) into Death would be a pretty awesome lineup.

Besides, go comic accurate for his first appearance. Alliance of Evil for X-men Apocalypse!!!!!

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
Legion
Side-Kick

Where's the original Horsemen? Caliban? The Age of Apocalypse 4 Horsemen?

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #9
BMM
Side-Kick

That's what the "Other" option is for...

Old 01-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #10
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I hope Archangel gets his due. It's quite possible as Singer wanted to put Angel in both X1 and X2 in different roles.

It strikes me that - whenever this is set - it could be a good way to reintroduce certain characters that haven't yet reached their potential. Cyclops could be brought into the equation, or maybe Rogue even and given a massive power boost by her new boss. Gambit as well come to think of it. Maybe this could be the excuse to finally bring those two together on-screen.

Seems way too early to talk about this, but there's an infinite amount of cool options.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Archangel, Emma, Gambit and someone we haven't seen yet.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
GarysMyOldman
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Archangel, Gambit, Colossus, & like a Rogue kinda character.

GarysMyOldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:11 AM   #13
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I'd go with Angel (Warren), Wolverine and Gambit as three of the horsemen as they were all horsemen in the comics. Wolverine would be war, Gambit would be Famine, Angel would be death. Wolverine would be captured, Gambit would go to Apocalypse for help controlling his powers and Angel would be brought in from the future after Apocalypse cut off his wings and brainwashed him into Death.

Now for Pestilence, let's assume that this is a character that has to do with disease as part of who he is. Let's also assume that some characters may need new origins and that without Stryker, Weapon X would presumably have Sublime, Sinister, Romulus and Sauron calling the shots but they may have some "failed experiments."

Now let's assume that Apocalypse would be able to fix one of these rejects and grant him his true potential.

I'm talking DEADPOOL!

Wolverine would get his metal claws back in the DOFP timeline but otherwise he'd be unchanged once cured. Gambit wouldn't undergo a radical physical transformation, he'd just have a bit more power so he'd be completely cured once he breaks Apocalypse's control. Archangel would be turned into this blue-skinned cybernetic monstrosity with wires coming out of his body and metal wings. Deadpool would have it worst to the point where he's ashamed to take off his mask anymore as well as being completely nuts. Granted, if Deadpool is made into a horseman, I'm already prepared for people expressing a ton of hate online for Bryan Singer.

Last edited by Dasher10; 02-02-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #14
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Professor Xavier (Death), Magneto (War), Mister Sinister (Pestilence), and Mystique (Famine)
This works for me.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote