The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #751
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,644
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
know how you deal with the contacts getting knocked out during a fight? you don't. simple as that, you fall into the 1% that would even think about that sort of thing. this is a world where glasses can disguise your identity, wouldn't the glasses inevitably slip off his face by accident? somehow I think contacts getting knocked out is reaching. and the contacts could serve a practical use, there's the waynetech one you even mentioned, and then there's the intimidation factor, Batman's is all about those little things that can make him seem more scary to the criminals he hunts.
I know he looks for that when it comes to fighting the cowardly and superstious lot that is the criminal element but I do not think this one thing is required for the new Batman. It is an element that has been dropped from film and tv(live action) for almost 50 years, 46 to be exact, so I really don't see it happening. Whether it will is in the wind but I personally don't think it should along with the fact that no matter how you much you don't like my reasoning for why its impractical those are still reasons that, even if only 1% care about, are valid.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #752
Imjenn
Subvisser 32
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 151
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post


Somebody manip a cowl onto this. Now!








Please?

Imjenn is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #753
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

If those reasons are valid then he should ditch the cape, and the ears, and cover his mouth, that could jeopardize his identity after all, his boots should also probably be a very soft, possibly even fluffy material, criminals could hear him coming after all. ruling out contacts for those reasons is nitpicking to the extreme, be honest about your reasoning and stop spewing BS. you don't think it'd look good, simple as that.

KillerMcQueen is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #754
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,644
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Surely you see how silly of a critique that is? Batman's cape which literally drapes behind his heels/feet is more hazardous to his day-to-day activities than eye strain from lenses (which affects a small population of its users at that).

Is there really an argument for which is going to be a bigger detriment? There is an entire industry surrounding one of them, with millions of units in use by actual people. For years.


There are several examples here which provide functionality for the lenses. I could perhaps see your stance if we simply advocated some "theatrical lenses" used solely for effect, but that isn't the case here.

The tech is being experimented on as we speak. It's no more vaporware than Nolan's magical electric cape. Considering how fast nanotechnology is at this rate, I wouldn't even be surprised if it'll come to fruition within the next 5-10 years. Google Glass will be in consumer hands next year. Who knows where the military is at with similar tech.
Are those millions of users doing what Batman will be doing? I also never brought up eye strain unless you're referring to dry-eyes then yes I did and that is a valid concern and while petty makes sense to me because my gf works a 9-10 hour day every day and isnt in the wind and elements and the first thing she does is takes her contacts out.

As for the cape, it was explained in Nolans universe and I have a feeling if anything is kinda carried over from that "verse" it will be the cape or elements of it. Plus contacts have an industry because the general public uses them not capes....just sayin, haha. I do see your point though.

I know the tech is being developed and I love the tech that Snyder recently employed in Batman but I don't see it as practical in the movie/live action world with Batman.

I understand I'm in the minority here but I hope you know that if they pulled it off i'll be the first to eat crow and praise the genius of Snyder and co. I want lenses as much as you guys I just don't see it being practical or working.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #755
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,644
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
If those reasons are valid then he should ditch the cape, and the ears, and cover his mouth, that could jeopardize his identity after all, his boots should also probably be a very soft, possibly even fluffy material, criminals could hear him coming after all. ruling out contacts for those reasons is nitpicking to the extreme, be honest about your reasoning and stop spewing BS. you don't think it'd look good, simple as that.
I mean I don't think contact or covering the eye holes on the mask would look good and I just think its not a practical way of doing it. I would like to see white eyes just not as contacts as I think that is impractical and not a good way of going about it.

Everything else you said is very absurd, i'm talking about one aspect of the costume a contentious part of the costume for live action Batman for a while and I have brought up points pertaining to that part and while it is nitpicky in my mind it makes sense.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #756
joeviterbo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Are those millions of users doing what Batman will be doing? I also never brought up eye strain unless you're referring to dry-eyes then yes I did and that is a valid concern and while petty makes sense to me because my gf works a 9-10 hour day every day and isnt in the wind and elements and the first thing she does is takes her contacts out.

As for the cape, it was explained in Nolans universe and I have a feeling if anything is kinda carried over from that "verse" it will be the cape or elements of it. Plus contacts have an industry because the general public uses them not capes....just sayin, haha. I do see your point though.

I know the tech is being developed and I love the tech that Snyder recently employed in Batman but I don't see it as practical in the movie/live action world with Batman.

I understand I'm in the minority here but I hope you know that if they pulled it off i'll be the first to eat crow and praise the genius of Snyder and co. I want lenses as much as you guys I just don't see it being practical or working.
Capes just aren't practical and if you think about it even Nolan's excuse doesn't fly given how they're ONLY useful in flight/show. They hang around and look cool while providing extra grip for his attackers to hold on to and incapacitate the dark crusader. Can you picture Bane swinging batman around by the cape?

joeviterbo is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #757
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,644
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeviterbo View Post
Capes just aren't practical and if you think about it even Nolan's excuse doesn't fly given how they're ONLY useful in flight/show. They hang around and look cool while providing extra grip for his attackers to hold on to and incapacitate the dark crusader. Can you picture Bane swinging batman around by the cape?
I agree they are impractical, Superman got flung by Zod, but they gave us a reason for it and in the comics he uses it for offensive and defensive purposes as the points of the cape are supposed to be weighted slightly. I just have less of an issue with capes because they are almost part of the characters as much as a characters emblem.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #758
Wise
Watchtower Janitor
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,318
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

I wonder if Martian Manhunter will have a cape if he's introduced. It'd be humorous if he shape shifted from his martian form to his comic form and made a comment about this form being more acceptable for the public and when asked about the cape simply saying he likes 'the look'.

Wise is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #759
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,080
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7




I would certainly be okay with them trying stuff with various kinds of contact lenses.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-18-2013 at 02:08 AM.
TheBat812 is online now  
Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #760
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,426
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Hey that's pretty sweet ^

It was funny that in TDK in the Hong Kong skyscraper scene he had the cape folded up into something practical when he was firing sticky timebombs at the other building. They flirted with the idea that the cape CAN take on a more practical shape when not in use but they never really show it anywhere else in the movie during fightscenes, or riding the batpod.

I guess it's all about image.

__________________
Gone, gone the form of man ! Rise the demon...

... Batman !!!
Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #761
Jekecy
Side-Kick
 
Jekecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,762
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



I would certainly be okay with them trying stuff with various kinds of contact lenses.
Absolutely sublime. I've been picturing this in my mind's eye for so long, glad to see it come to fruition finally. Definitely agree on the various lenses, specifically the color.

White could be nightvision/intimidation, Blue for detective mode ala the Arkham games.

Jekecy is online now  
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #762
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,689
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Normal eyes are so much better. I don't mind if they use the contact/cgi route for a scene where Batman needs to use his x-ray/infrared but for the majority of the time he needs to have his eyes exposed. It's just a thousand times more expressive and visually more intimidating on the big screen.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #763
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,367
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Normal eyes are so much better. I don't mind if they use the contact/cgi route for a scene where Batman needs to use his x-ray/infrared but for the majority of the time he needs to have his eyes exposed. It's just a thousand times more expressive and visually more intimidating on the big screen.
Yeah, I really prefer the open eye look. But, as you said, I'm game for lenses/whatever for a scene or two a la TDK.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #764
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,500
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Anytime he is fighting the white lenses should cover his eyes, when talking, he deactivates it.

__________________
JcDc-- My original join date was: 05-07-2003 --Time flies, and so should Superman!
\S/JcDc\S/ is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:38 AM   #765
Imjenn
Subvisser 32
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 151
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



I would certainly be okay with them trying stuff with various kinds of contact lenses.
Thank you, very well done! If they can make this happen it would be great.

Imjenn is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #766
lujho
Side-Kick
 
lujho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,719
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
For closeups, and even chest-ups, Neal Adams always included pupils, but I agree, he did draw the "white eyes" most of the time - however, I still don't see that as indication that they were lenses, personally.
We're not talking about the 70s. We're talking about the last two decades, where many times the comics show the cowl to very explicitly have lenses. That's indisputable. Any time he's shown to have some kind of HUD or nightvision, he obviously has them - are they're not shown to be retracting like in TDK.

I'm sure there are OTHER times it explicitly is shown NOT to have lenses either. And I'm sure most times it's completely ambiguous.

There's no right or wrong about it - some writers and artists show that he does, some show that he doesn't and some don't say one way or the other.

Lenses of any kind are absolutely not necessary for a great movie batsuit. It just might be pretty cool to try them for once, that's all.

And I still think Daredevil style, semi-transparent, is how to do it. Like this:



I wish it was a better quality scan, but that's pretty explicit.


Last edited by lujho; 11-18-2013 at 05:24 AM.
lujho is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #767
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,915
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

i for one like the idea of permanent lenses. we don't need a ton of expression from the eyes for batman, except for maybe surprise, and i don't think it's a huge loss. the intimidation and coolness factor is definitely upped.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #768
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,798
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

It's not really the eyes themselves that are need for expression. Just the muscles. So, he could still have white eyes with the muscles around them exposed like the previous actors. Unless they make the mask with prosthetics.

White eyes...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


https://www.facebook.com/Ismahawk/photos_stream






__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #769
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

The only thing I don't like about having the eyes exposed is the black eye makeup. It makes it worse when in both Nolan's and Burton's trilogy it magically disappears when he takes the mask off...

We're not living in a Minority Report retina identification world yet, so it's not a problem having his eyes exposed.

I do wonder what Batman will look like in 20 years in the comics and film. It's taken us this long to lose the trunks in the comics. I wonder if he'll ever cover up the mouth window and have the full covered up face like Batman Beyond. I always wondered about that. Yes I've read Brian Azarello's reason in his Joker book about how he's 'mocking Joker'. But what is the actual reason for exposing his mouth and chin? Just for the visual? To show that he's half bat demon/half man? I assume there's no practical reason. Guess it helps in live-action so his voice isn't muffled.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #770
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,798
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post

Yes I've read Brian Azarello's reason in his Joker book about how he's 'mocking Joker'.
I haven't read it. How is he mocking Joker by having his mouth exposed?

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #771
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I haven't read it. How is he mocking Joker by having his mouth exposed?
I'm not sure exactly, it's been awhile since I read it. Joker asks him why he has that window, and Batman replies 'to mock you'. I assume something to do with Joker's lips being cut up and demented. Whilst Batman still has a clean-cut face underneath, therefore is still human; ie not a monster. I dunno.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #772
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,798
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I'm not sure exactly, it's been awhile since I read it. Joker asks him why he has that window, and Batman replies 'to mock you'. I assume something to do with Joker's lips being cut up and demented. Whilst Batman still has a clean-cut face underneath, therefore is still human; ie not a monster. I dunno.
That is such a douchey response to that question.

I never really gave much thought about Bruce exposing his mouth. Maybe since Bruce has been shown to be a fan of Zorro and the Gray Ghost (in BTAS), I think that may be part of the reason he chooses to expose his mouth. So, couple that with the Bat motif he goes for. That's if one is really looking for a way to justify why he doesn't completely cover his face.

The Smallville comic kinda went half way with the idea. His mouth is exposed, but he uses face paint like Navy SEALS.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #773
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,880
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
A more than serviceable compromise, I think. Plus how awesome would it be to see Batman's eyes transition between the two states? It would really unnerve people observing that.
I'd love it if you saw Bruce put on the mask, then the eyes light up. That would probably send shivers down my spine

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #774
Rephe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 32
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
The Smallville comic kinda went half way with the idea. His mouth is exposed, but he uses face paint like Navy SEALS.
I actually quite liked that idea in theory, but I don't think it would take to film that well.




For the record, I like a lot about the Smallville Batman--the idea of chain mail, the Navy SEAL face paint, etc. Those ideas could look great on film, if they did them justice. I just think the rest of the suit looks like crap. Espectially the helmet going over the chain mail... that could've been executed better.


Last edited by Rephe; 11-18-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Rephe is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #775
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,367
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

God, I hate that Smallville suit and face paint thing so much.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.