The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 11-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Zod's body the catalyst for a new villain or weapon against Superman?

When Zod dies at the end of MOS and his body is lying there on the ground I started thinking about how valuable that body would be to scientists.

Obviously the military would want it to study it's weaknesses and physiology hoping to find a way to bring down Superman if necessary.

Hell maybe there's a scene where Batman breaks into a military (Star?) lab to steal the body for his own analysis.

It could even be the jumping off point for realising a villain like Bizarro through an experiment using Krpytonian DNA.

Stop me if this has been brought up before.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Zod's body the catalyst for a new villain or weapon against Superman?

stop

Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Default Re: Zod's body the catalyst for a new villain or weapon against Superman?

Bizarro baby.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

biZODro

I'll be over there in Nepal with those monkey- head chicks. They'll all be hitting on me. "Hey, John... ...thanks a lot for keeping the Chinese off our backs. We appreciate it. Is there anything we can do for you? Oh, and by the way, handsome... ...we've never been in a Winnebago." You figure it out.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

At most, Zod's tissue (which they will have undoubtedly saved and/or replicated for study) will be what reveals that Kryptonite is lethal to Superman.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Caekzor
Nolanesque

Bizarro should wear trunks.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

And shouldnt resemble Deathlok.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
Lord
All Mighty

Yes, it'll probably be used, possibly by Lex Luthor, for Bizarro i'm not sure, but it may be used to prove Kryptonite is lethal to Kryptonians

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

It is certain that superman will leave the body lying around for anybody to take.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
biZODro
I love that artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
It is certain that superman will leave the body lying around for anybody to take.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Marvin
Side-Kick

If the character is to appear it's probable that Goyer and Nolan will do that thing they do in which they re-interpret the character in a cool new way(started with blade). I could see a bizarro coming out of a zod. I personally just don't find said character all that interesting.

I'd personally rather see other things result from the zod body. Such as finding out weaknesses and armor etc.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

This is a stupid idea. I wouldn't mind if it turns into Bizarro but still no.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
echostation
Side-Kick

What if lex is so frustrated with humanas that he's actually scared of kryptonians because he is seriously attracted to them. We dont know what his true intentions are. Much like bane's suppressed feelings for batman. Can lex feel the same way abt supeee and zod?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I can't imagine Superman would just leave it there for anyone to grab or hand it over to anyone to analyze. His first instinct should've been to toss it into the sun or bury it in the Sahara.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I'm not really that big on Bizarro. To me, the best physical threats to Superman are Zod, Lex in the battlesuit, Doomsday, Brainiac and Darkseid. We just had Zod, so I wouldn't use a character that similar to him for a while.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
What if lex is so frustrated with humanas that he's actually scared of kryptonians because he is seriously attracted to them. We dont know what his true intentions are. Much like bane's suppressed feelings for batman. Can lex feel the same way abt supeee and zod?
Absolutely. I want a scene with Lex writing slashfic about him and Superman.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

The only thing I could see possible is with kryptonite extract blood from its cells and make the bizarro
BUT WHAT IF SUPERMAN MADE THE HONORS TO ZOD'S BODY? THEN that theory couldn't happen if you know Lexcorp take the body from when Superman left him, but what if Superman left in space and made the honors there?

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Last edited by John-An; 11-13-2013 at 11:14 AM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
At most, Zod's tissue (which they will have undoubtedly saved and/or replicated for study) will be what reveals that Kryptonite is lethal to Superman.
That's very problematic though. The film's logic established that Zod is used to both Krypton and Earth's atmosphere. That means that Zod's tissues wouldn't be compromised by Kryptonite/His ships' atmosphere. And even then, the fact that a stone could zap all powers could be eye-roll inducing for the audience.

However, they did establish that solar energy is the means to these powers. They could make it so that you change the rays so that it's red solar energy, that would be harmful to Superman.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
That's very problematic though. The film's logic established that Zod is used to both Krypton and Earth's atmosphere. That means that Zod's tissues wouldn't be compromised by Kryptonite/His ships' atmosphere. And even then, the fact that a stone could zap all powers could be eye-roll inducing for the audience.

However, they did establish that solar energy is the means to these powers. They could make it so that you change the rays so that it's red solar energy, that would be harmful to Superman.
Red sun doesn't harm superman it only takes away his powers

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I can't imagine Superman would just leave it there for anyone to grab or hand it over to anyone to analyze.
The government may have something to say about that, though, especially if Superman expects to be able to operate "freely" or at least with whatever blessing they're willing to give him. If a bunch of super-powered space ***holes showed up to take our planet by force and by some miracle (red-caped or otherwise) they ended up getting sent to oblivion and left at least one corpse behind, Uncle Sam would probably bloody well want to know just what kind of beast came to his doorstep, in the event that, say, there might be other similarly super-powered space ***holes out there who might get just as ambitious...

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I can't imagine Superman would just leave it there for anyone to grab or hand it over to anyone to analyze. His first instinct should've been to toss it into the sun or bury it in the Sahara.
Agreed

Old 11-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Really? I don't like that at all. He should have buried it somewhere.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #23
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Really? I don't like that at all. He should have buried it somewhere.
that's more likely to happen.. but how Lex or the government will find out where?

Last edited by John-An; 11-13-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
OneEyedKing
Side-Kick

How would the government (or anyone else for that matter) be able to study his body though? Wouldn't it be impossible for them to do an autopsy since they probably can't cut him open? Maybe just do swabs or something.

Also I wonder if he'd even decompose since I imagine Earth's bacteria can't break his tissues down. But maybe that's just over-thinking it haha.

OneEyedKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedKing View Post
How would the government (or anyone else for that matter) be able to study his body though? Wouldn't it be impossible for them to do an autopsy since they probably can't cut him open? Maybe just do swabs or something.

Also I wonder if he'd even decompose since I imagine Earth's bacteria can't break his tissues down. But maybe that's just over-thinking it haha.
The only possibility is with kryptonite or replicate red sun radiation... but I see that almost impossible