Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #951
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
What xDOFPx said. But so what if I do? As long as they're properly censored. A lot of people want more information. But I'm withholding a lot right now.
its not about using the tags or not, its about.... well, even if people want information (many fans always do) at the end of the day you could be running the surprise factor regarding certain issues.

yes, you could give small details here and there, but I think thats a way of ruining the full experience, somehow. (in a few details, again, dont missunderstand me )

just my personal point of view.

ps. If I had plenty info regarding a movie like this, I know its awesome to share stuff, but.... I think I wouldnt like to be the one spoiling details on the net, knowing the movie team (director and producers) wouldnt like that, and I like to respect that. but again, thats me.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #952
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Singer and co have probably worked it out in their heads to how it all fits together but we don't see it through their point of view because we can't see the idea behind it, singer may also may have taken some liberties, same way xavier and Eric didn't meet at 17

Old 11-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #953
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
What xDOFPx said. But so what if I do? As long as they're properly censored. A lot of people want more information. But I'm withholding a lot right now.
I want MOAR!

As long as they're always tagged I don't see the problem. I was unspoiled for a few superhero films recently and rather than making the experience all the better I missed not having talked about them beforehand on here. It's different for everyone.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #954
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

For me personally, I like to know some spoilers so I don't get disappointed by thinking I'll get something I won't. Or I'll get excited by knowing I'll get something I can look forward to seeing for myself. But like Iceman says, it's different for everyone. We should all respect people's wishes not to know and tag when necessary.

Though I wouldn't risk spoilers by going near fandoms as they always slip out by accident.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #955
Angamb
Banned User

the problem posting spoilers, is that sooner or later some people will start posting them on other sites, so one day, we, without wanting it, end reading them on a comments section of a movie site, and end ruined.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #956
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's nothing about this that discounts the concept that the FC timeline is the same one as the OT's. While Singer does his best to mesh some of the prior inconsistencies, he won't be able to fix everything. And trust me, if tht was his main focus, it would take away from a very compelling story.
The bent Bullet viral Is still doing more harm than good.There are others out there who also see problems with OT.

While Bryan Singer may be trying to mess some of the Inconsistencies at end of
the day
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
After wolverine's time travel mission It won't matter anymore.The FC timeline will no longer be OT timeline so It's Ilrelvent.That's what ending Is hinting at.And viral campagin Isn't doing anything to argue that theory.That points to this being fox's version of Abrams Star Trek

Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #957
xrs13
Cold as ice

Doh Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I want MOAR!

As long as they're always tagged I don't see the problem. I was unspoiled for a few superhero films recently and rather than making the experience all the better I missed not having talked about them beforehand on here. It's different for everyone.
This, I want more. Purely because even if I know the whole plot of a film I am usually blown away by the actual visual and performance :P

On another note, are we saying now then that the 10 year gap between fc and the 70's where xavier is depresso is because of mags being in jail and thus the sentinels are made and so xaviers worst fears are true that humans don't accept mutants? which is why the sentinel programme coming back in 20whatever the wolverine credits scene is, is scary for xavier and mags because they have already seen what trask industries have done previously? - I mean that could make sense to me its just the "where did trask industries go in between the 1970's and 2010's" if the exact reason they are going back is to stop an assassination that results in the sentinels.

To me it seems like there has to be 3 timelines:

The original trilogy in which the sentinels have never been made - or made but then decomissioned at some point between the 70's and 2010's before popping up again in the present.

70's in which the assassination must take place to make to OT but in which case confuses me because how then are there sentinels in the 70s and not further down the line in the OT

then the new timeline which will be made when wolverine goes back to stop the assassination to stop the sentinels being produced in the first place, therefore making a new OT timeline.

Or like others have said the present day is a completely different timeline, wolverine goes back and changes the past to make sure sentinels arent ever made, thus creating the OT timeline. which surely would mean no scott, jean or any other dead mutant in the new timeline because nothing else would be different?

I am soooo confused.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #958
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
To me it seems like there has to be 3 timelines:

The original trilogy in which the sentinels have never been made - or made but then decomissioned at some point between the 70's and 2010's before popping up again in the present.

70's in which the assassination must take place to make to OT but in which case confuses me because how then are there sentinels in the 70s and not further down the line in the OT

then the new timeline which will be made when wolverine goes back to stop the assassination to stop the sentinels being produced in the first place, therefore making a new OT timeline.

I am soooo confused.
its one of them things where just because its not mentioned by the characters doesn't mean it didn't happen, on the website it says the sentinel model was used from 1973 to 1996, we will probably get an explanation of sorts for why they possibly vanished after 1996 and were brought back in them last 10 years

Old 11-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #959
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

If the FC timeline leads to the OT timeline, then the Sentinels activated in the 70s were clearly decommissioned at some point. The first viral site implied there were no more after 1996.

This does mean, though, that the Sentinels actively exist during any more movies set in 1973-1996 in this unaltered timeline. So any more movies set in the past would be in the altered timeline, where the Sentinels were stopped (or their very creation was stopped).

There was a Sentinel in the X3 Danger Room sequence, so that could be said to be some sort of reminder/leftover of their earlier existence. Otherwise it would be a bit random to just add a giant robot into the Danger Room programming.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #960
Fervid09
Side-Kick

Haha, like I mentioned, I'm watching X2, and I just got major goosebumps seeing the "Project Wideawake" folder in Stryker's files again.

Oh, I still remember the days when I thought the Sentinels will remain wishful thinking for this franchise. But look where we are now.

Anyway, thinking about that, it's kinda neat now to see that in Stryker's files though I do realize that at the time they included that, it was more just an easter egg than anything else. Within context now though, we know it's been green-lighted and in use in the past after all, and it will be reinstated again in the future.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #961
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The viral campagin makes It seem like Magneto prior to wolverine's mission has been In prison since then with no hint of his activity In trilogy.
This is your problem - there's nothing on that site that explicitly says Magneto was locked up for 50 years...

Old 11-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #962
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If the FC timeline leads to the OT timeline, then the Sentinels activated in the 70s were clearly decommissioned at some point. The first viral site implied there were no more after 1996.

This does mean, though, that the Sentinels actively exist during any more movies set in 1973-1996 in this unaltered timeline. So any more movies set in the past would be in the altered timeline, where the Sentinels were stopped (or their very creation was stopped).

There was a Sentinel in the X3 Danger Room sequence, so that could be said to be some sort of reminder/leftover of their earlier existence. Otherwise it would be a bit random to just add a giant robot into the Danger Room programming.
It has to be because the Sentinels did exist in the OT timeline. Why else train the X-Men against a pseudo one? Professor X must have feared they'd one day be used against mutants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervid09 View Post
Haha, like I mentioned, I'm watching X2, and I just got major goosebumps seeing the "Project Wideawake" folder in Stryker's files again.

Oh, I still remember the days when I thought the Sentinels will remain wishful thinking for this franchise. But look where we are now.

Anyway, thinking about that, it's kinda neat now to see that in Stryker's files though I do realize that at the time they included that, it was more just an easter egg than anything else. Within context now though, we know it's been green-lighted and in use in the past after all, and it will be reinstated again in the future.
It all fits. The X2 and X3 reference made the existence of Sentinels in the OT timeline during DOFP possible. There doesn't have to be an alternate timeline, the basis is already in the existing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
This is your problem - there's nothing on that site that explicitly says Magneto was locked up for 50 years...
Exactly. And because it doesn't then FC still gels with OT. Magneto showed in X2 he can escape, so he could easily have done it a few times over the decades. It is hard to hold him captive.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #963
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
its not about using the tags or not, its about.... well, even if people want information (many fans always do) at the end of the day you could be running the surprise factor regarding certain issues.

yes, you could give small details here and there, but I think thats a way of ruining the full experience, somehow. (in a few details, again, dont missunderstand me )

ps. If I had plenty info regarding a movie like this, I know its awesome to share stuff, but.... I think I wouldnt like to be the one spoiling details on the net, knowing the movie team (director and producers) wouldnt like that, and I like to respect that. but again, thats me.

Hahaha.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #964
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Agreed. Leaked info should be in spoiler tags.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #965
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Let's look at some date clues/facts from that main article on the viral site...

It says Magneto is presumed to be 80 years old. It says he was called the most dangerous man alive by President Lyndon B Johnson five decades ago. It also says this is the 'present day.' It says Magneto was convicted 50 years ago. He had turned himself in to the authorities in February 1963 and the trial began a week later. He was thus convicted in 1963.

Johnson was president after Kennedy, from 1963 to 1969. So 50 years from the conviction to this present day is 2013. I presume this is after The Last Stand (he must have been recaptured after the final scene of the movie where he was playing chess) and before the airport scene in The Wolverine (when Magneto was obviously free).

The only other option is a timeline where Magneto was in prison for an uninterrupted 50 years and where the OT movies never took place. But that doesn't fit with The Wolverine, which acknowledged X3 (with the inclusion of Jean, and Wolverine's shock at the return of Xavier).

Old 11-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #966
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Right. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he was recaptured again after the events of X3 - especially if his powers were at a very limited level.

It would also coincide with the reactivation of the Sentinel project. If they were bringing them back after it was shown the cure doesn't work it would make sense that they would start snatching up mutants.

Also, it could explain how Magneto knew about the weapon that was coming. If he was incarerated during that time, it's not out of the realm of possibility he was let on by someone on what was coming next. (Sentinel X models)

Last edited by SuperT; 11-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #967
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:

Hahaha.
seriously this is your answer?

ok, I guess.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #968
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Right. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he was recaptured again after the events of X3 - especially if his powers were at a very limited level.

It would also coincide with the reactivation of the Sentinel project. If they were bringing them back after it was shown the cure doesn't work it would make sense that they would start snatching up mutants.

Also, it could explain how Magneto knew about the weapon that was coming. If he was incarerated during that time, it's not out of the realm of possibility he was let on by someone on what was coming next. (Sentinel X models)
Yes, agreed. I wonder if they will explain why the program was reactivated. We could theorise that the destructive actions of Phoenix at the Grey household and also on Alcatraz were a reason. By this time, Trask would be a doddering pensioner, or dead - so it probably wouldn't be him at the helm of Trask Industries unless (rather like Yashida in The Wolverine) he had survived with the aid of robotic technology.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #969
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
And there are others who also have said it seemed like it was conterdicting the trilogy.What are you going to do next attack everybody who says that as
being stupid

Old 11-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #970
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
And there are others who also have said it seemed like it was conterdicting the trilogy.What are you going to do next attack everybody who says that as
being stupid
Well no matter how much you keep bringing it up it seems that the new timeline won't be the OT, so just have to wait and see if its explained or not

Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #971
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
By this time, Trask would be a doddering pensioner, or dead - so it probably wouldn't be him at the helm of Trask Industries unless (rather like Yashida in The Wolverine) he had survived with the aid of robotic technology.
Bolivar does have a son in the comics, Larry Trask, who did follow in his fathers footsteps and recreated the Sentinels even though he was a mutant himself. Trask also had a brother named Simon who was the leader of the group Humanity's Last Stand, a anti-mutant group.

Quote:
Yes, agreed. I wonder if they will explain why the program was reactivated. We could theorise that the destructive actions of Phoenix at the Grey household and also on Alcatraz were a reason.
Exactly! The Phoenix and Alcatraz incident could certainly be what makes them want to reactivate Project Wideawake. The reason they have to go back to the 70's to stop the future is because it's not specifically the Alcatraz incident that starts it - it's the fact that the Sentinel technology exists at all.

It could have been ANYTHING that triggers them to reactivate Wideawake. if Alcatraz never happend it could be have been anything else - a mutant goes on a murderous rampage, a mutants powers go crazy and they blow up a school or something -whatever. As long as the technology exists, the threat is there.

If they go all the way back and eliminate the creation of the technology and company altogether it's gone from the timeline.

Last edited by SuperT; 11-27-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #972
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's look at some date clues/facts from that main article on the viral site...

It says Magneto is presumed to be 80 years old. It says he was called the most dangerous man alive by President Lyndon B Johnson five decades ago. It also says this is the 'present day.' It says Magneto was convicted 50 years ago. He had turned himself in to the authorities in February 1963 and the trial began a week later. He was thus convicted in 1963.

Johnson was president after Kennedy, from 1963 to 1969. So 50 years from the conviction to this present day is 2013. I presume this is after The Last Stand (he must have been recaptured after the final scene of the movie where he was playing chess) and before the airport scene in The Wolverine (when Magneto was obviously free).

The only other option is a timeline where Magneto was in prison for an uninterrupted 50 years and where the OT movies never took place. But that doesn't fit with The Wolverine, which acknowledged X3 (with the inclusion of Jean, and Wolverine's shock at the return of Xavier).
That's the problem with the viral site.It create problems.Especilly with part of the thing on this film Is to solve problems with contunity not create more.

In DOFP Mystique prior to wolverine's arrival Is on her own and split from Magneto who Is in plastic jail.How did they get to where they were in trilogy from what viral site says?Unfortunly we will never know.

Next they would have us believe government didn't capture magneto when he was powerless but could after he regained his powers?

The idea there would be a lot of protesters demanding magneto's release doesn't jibe with his actions In trilogy.This would be like Bin laden being taken alive and people demanding his release.

It's easy to assume with regards to trask viral.Sentinles ceased around 1997.The danger room sequenze In last stand set in or close to 2013 has sentinles programed In It.At some point after last stand trask Industries started on rebuilding programs.Which lead to mid credit scene of the wolverine.And according to trask viral site a new form of sentinles In 2018.

But the bent bullet viral also has problems with sentinles mentioning inhibtor collors and internment centers In 2013.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #973
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Well no matter how much you keep bringing it up it seems that the new timeline won't be the OT, so just have to wait and see if its explained or not
So it won't be the OT.And the viral site doesn't jibe with the OT so how can
DOFP be connected at all to OT If viral site Is part of film's storyline

Old 11-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #974
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
The idea there would be a lot of protesters demanding magneto's release doesn't jibe with his actions In trilogy.This would be like Bin laden being taken alive and people demanding his release.
Where are you getting that the pro-Magneto protests take place in the present?

The shot of the protestors on the website looks to be placed somewhere in the 60-70's - not the present. You can tell by the treatment on the picture it's meant to be older.

Of course there would be people protesting during that time if they thought he was wrongly convicted and prisoned.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #975
kasjan
Side-Kick

Singer should show us table with chronology with all those movies, viral sites in each timelines after DOFP premiere, if we still don't understand after watching DOFP.

Closed Thread