Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #76
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

27 January 1973 Paris Peace Accords
29 March 1973 USA army left Vietnam

So, when Stryker recruited Logan and Victor, before or after Paris Peace Accords, where is Logan before 27 January 1973, still in Vietnam or somewhere with Stryker's team ?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #77
Cherry
Side-Kick

Let's all give Nell a break, please. He's entitled to his opinion, and while I disagree with him, I don't think he's being all that disrespectful.

Last edited by Cherry; 11-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #78
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, that sounds reasonable enough - and a good use of both existing casts. That's the most flexible you've been on here lately regarding the X-Men films continuing...lol

I have to say that I'm not opposed to further X-Men movies as long as they are good - and as long as they keep continuity as part of an overarching saga. I'm also not opposed to an eventual reboot as long as it can find a fresh way to present the X-Men on screen. That shouldn't be too difficult considering how different some portrayals are from the original source.

Fox is going to carry on making these movies in order to retain the rights, and because they are running a business to make money. If you don't like the idea, or the trailers for the resulting movies, then you have the choice not to see them.

My hope is that they really begin to value the concept of a 'movieverse' with continuity and connectivity rather than the somewhat piecemeal approach that has occurred in the past. A friend of mine remarked that the X-Men films were 'not a franchise' because they are made one at a time, depending on box office success. Unlike Marvel Studios, there does not appear to be a grand overall vision that they weave stories around.
I hate to tell people reality Is most franchises are not done with plans years In advance.

It's easy to make plans when a studio does nothing but make comic films.

Your just Inviting the MS VS everyone else debate again which I am going to
avoid.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #79
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
Let's all give Nell a break, please. He's entitled to his opinion, and while I disagree with him, I don't think he's being all that disrespectful.
I second that, I understand how someone would be upset. I was feeling that way during Angel season 5 when everyone forgot about Connor, Wesley especially. Years of character development erased. Luckily most everyone got their memories returned to them by the end...

Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #80
Cherry
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I second that, I understand how someone would be upset. I was feeling that way during Angel season 5 when everyone forgot about Connor, Wesley especially. Years of character development erased. Luckily most everyone got their memories returned to them by the end...
If FOX/Singer did
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
erase the old timeline, it would be neat if the characters somehow had vague memories of their old lives. Maybe Xavier restores their memories, since he remembers, so they can learn from their pasts in order to make a better future. I love this rumored ending, but that doesn't mean everything has to be tossed out.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #81
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Its doubtful any of them apart of xavier and magneto will remember and even then xavier will only remember the 70s part of it, but xavier may remember more if he read wolverine mind,

maybe wolverine will remember too , unless he doesn't like its Been suggested

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #82
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I hate to tell people reality Is most franchises are not done with plans years In advance.

It's easy to make plans when a studio does nothing but make comic films.
Thats not a good excuse though. X-Men should be given some sort of loose plan. Millar made it sound like they are leading to something big and seems like Fox are doing a better job looking into looking into the future. They don't need to have every little detail, but in a world as big as X-Men you should know where things are leading/building to. Thats a good thing and for the better.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #83
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://xmenmovies.tumblr.com/

Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #84
xrs13
Cold as ice

Thats the Director of Cinematog isnt it?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #85
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Of course Kane shows up when there's a gif involved![/sitcomlaughter]

And yes, that's a cameo made by the cinematographer.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #86
Loki882
Side-Kick

I really like Mystique's look in this film.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #87
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Less facial makeup and they let her have eyebrows. You can definitely tell it's J-Lawr. I don't know yet if she looks as good as she did in X2; she's missing that gloss that made her shine. And her scales had more color to them. But she does look great on film. The promo shots leave more to be desired. But if she looks good in motion/on-screen, that's all that matters.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #88
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

makes you wonder if there was any pressure to make her look like recognizable under the makeup

Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #89
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I'm pretty sure there was. She's Jennifer Freakin' Lawrence - the biggest actress out there right now.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #90
Great Mind(s)
Broken

And scenes where shes not blue

Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #91
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

She's also looking more svelte as well - not that she wasn't in perfect shape in First Class. Wonder if that was from all the work done in Hunger Games which wrapped right before this and American Hustle.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #92
Naji Assan
Banned User

New to the forums...just wanted to say I really like the idea of this movie serving as a quasi-reboot to the series. I never thought Fox could figure out a way to write themselves out of the corner they were in after X3. I'm excited for many movies next year but none as much as this. And don't even get me started on my excitement for the X films to come after this...

Old 11-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #93
xrs13
Cold as ice

I wonder if they are planning a softish reboot where like they said some things will change which could allow deadpool to be a member of x-force. that could be quite easy actually because it could just be that logan and him dont fight in origins and then sorta keep in contact. just a thought,

Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #94
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
27 January 1973 Paris Peace Accords
29 March 1973 USA army left Vietnam

So, when Stryker recruited Logan and Victor, before or after Paris Peace Accords, where is Logan before 27 January 1973, still in Vietnam or somewhere with Stryker's team ?
US troops had already been pulled out of the worst hot zones in Viet Nam (they were not fighting out in the jungles & villages by then) before 1973, so Origins should place his and Victors recruitment by Styker before then. Judging by the location of what may be his first scene in the past he certainly isn't in the Jungles then at any rate.

So my guess is he is on an early solo mission for Stryker when his mind jumps back.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #95
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
US troops had already been pulled out of the worst hot zones in Viet Nam (they were not fighting out in the jungles & villages by then) before 1973, so Origins should place his and Victors recruitment by Styker before then. Judging by the location of what may be his first scene in the past he certainly isn't in the Jungles then at any rate.

So my guess is he is on an early solo mission for Stryker when his mind jumps back.
With the mutant military and Havok.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #96
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I don't know yet if she looks as good as she did in X2; she's missing that gloss that made her shine.
The contrast between the shiny facial make-up and the matte texture of the obviously clothed body in one of the promo pics was particularly bad, IMO. Couldn't they touch it up or something considering it's an official publicity shot?

I'm yet to be convinced that Mystique looks better in this film than in FC. I get why many people have issues with her look there, but at least she looked like a properly scaled creature, especially in that shot of her body right before she confronts Charles in the kitchen. Movement might hide some imperfection but I don't think that Mystique will be moving all the time in DoFP.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #97
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

They'll correct whatever they need to to make her look spectacular in the film. I'm not worried... I'm more concerned about getting that electronic voice back!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #98
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

Bryan Singer has said this Is before wolverine meets Stryker In empire analyis of trailer.There Is big question mark Is Origins recruitment valid.Plus Origins made it look like the team X mission was shortly afterwords.

So I wouldn't worry too much If where wolverine Is at when mind switch happens In 1973 fits with Origins.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

If they are wiping out all films, excluding FC, then I wouldn't be too worried about how XO:W plays into the continuity of DoFP. Especially since Logan has a new mission that might keep him from playing into the events of XO:W.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #100
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

I thought Mystique looked awkward in some scenes during First Class. I think they've nailed the look in DOFP like they did in the trilogy. And her movement in the trailer all looked smooth and natural. All two seconds of it.

Closed Thread