The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #151
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Yeah and I never even thought of some of the things that were said here, when I watched the film before.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #152
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I hate Origins as much as the next fan but it does feel like nitpicking when even FC have the same contradictions with the trilogy.
Origins had more issues. IMO it's the movie that messes up continuity the most. FC can be fixed in most ways through DOFP. But it's too late to fix Origins. If I was the producers I'd just kick it out of the franchise. It's the easiest answer, especially as they've already kicked parts of it out.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #153
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Continuity-wise, my only issue was Sabretooth.

I kinda expected that they wouldn't stay true to X2's flashback scenes, well those flashback scenes were presented in Logan's nightmares and when someone read his mind, they weren't very clear.

Then about Cyclops/Emma, it wouldn't be an issue right now if they moved forward with that young X-Men film after Origins.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-16-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #154
Manic X
Side-Kick

First Class is a MUCH bigger offender when it comes to continuity....

Emma Frost older than Emma Frost in Origins
Beast becoming blue and fuzzy pre x2 video
Moira MacTaggert's age and job
Mystique's complete change of character (and people complain about Wolverine not being savage enough in origins? Laughable)
Prof X being crippled, despite X3 flashback and origins recruiting scene
Who built Cerebro

I have to say that I agree with every post Nell has made, but I feel bad for the guy. He's basically in the lion's den here.....

Old 11-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #155
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
I hate Origins as much as the next fan but it does feel like nitpicking when even FC have the same contradictions with the trilogy.
The only major contradictions FC had was that Charles didn't meet Erik at the age of seventeen and Charles is paralyzed before meeting Jean as a teenager. But these were elements that were changed for the sake of storytelling. And yes, it contradicts a lot with XO:W, but I can't really blame them for wanting to disregard that movie and elements of X3. Origins decided to play the game their way, taking the franchise and turning it into an inconsistent popcorn series. Thank God FC rectified that before it was given the chance to fester.

And danoyse made many great points about Origins. Kudos.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #156
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
I have to say that I agree with every post Nell has made, but I feel bad for the guy. He's basically in the lion's den here.....
Well I do think that people are more forgiving to First Class just because its the better movie.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #157
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:

Mystique's complete change of character (and people complain about Wolverine not being savage enough in origins? Laughable)
Who built Cerebro

But the people that loved FC will disagree with you. Continuity be damned.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #158
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:

Who built Cerebro

Mystique's character was intentionally changed to show her growth as a character.

As for the other things, it depends where you fall when it comes to liking/disliking certain movies. Since I hate XO:W, for example, I'm glad they put Emma in the film she belonged in. These things can be argued and justified. And some of these are being rectified in DoFP with reasoning that any fan could use when it comes to expanding upon certain mutants' abilities - like Charles being able to walk as an astral projection and Hank appearing in human form due to the x-gene inhibitor he invented.

And Nell's a big boy. He gets into these debates because he enjoys them, just like we do!

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 11-16-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #159
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
No, but it had some obvious problems. You'd rather make an issue over fans having gripes about it rather than discussing those problems. If you didn't think so, that's fine...but you're not going to change anyone's mind on this.
And the film obviously did other things right, but everyone else would rather dismiss that and dismiss anything positive ever said about it and just wipe it out of the franchise like it never existed, instead of discussing the things that worked.

It works both ways here, danoyse.

The difference between this place, and what you claim me of, is that if I go into ANY thread anywhere on this forum and say that I liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or say something good about it, everyone is going to flock and gang up on me to tell me how wrong I am.

And you, nor any other mod will do anything about it.

Until I defend myself, then you'll lecture me about how I defend the movie too much anytime the subject comes up.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #160
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well I do think that people are more forgiving to First Class just because its the better movie.
Precisely!

Old 11-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #161
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Precisely!
So you admit to my point...

You let your dislike of the movie justify your incessant nitpicking of it because you refuse to acknowledge any area that the film could have worked, or didn't fail.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #162
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
So you admit to my point...

You let your dislike of the movie justify your incessant nitpicking of it because you refuse to acknowledge any area that the film could have worked, or didn't fail.

No? I admit I'm more forgiving to the continuity inconsistencies of FC because its a far superior film. Try and twist my words when you can actually make it work.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #163
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

It's already worked, you've shown your bias and I have no reason nor desire to continue discussing this with you anymore, nor in the future.

You don't want to have a discussion, you just want to force your anti-X-Men Origins: Wolverine agenda.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #164
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Precisely!
LOL

Quote:
It's also worth pointing out that Wolverine was shot in the head with an adamantium bullet...but when we saw x-rays of his adamantium skull in X1, there was no bullet hole.
And Xavier was shot in the spine when he was "17" and yet when he gets older (with no hair) he can walk. He then loses the ability to walk again.

It really works both ways.

Again, I hate Origins with every fibre of my being ( ! ) but it's painfully ( ? ) obvious that really people are just pointing out flaws from a movie that they don't like. And making excuses for a movie that they do like.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #165
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Expressing my opinion isn't pushing an agenda. Come on, Nell, trying to emulate the failed drama of Origins?

I'm not excusing the continuity errors of FC, but they're certainly a bit easier to swallow when it was an incredible film. Origins could have been, but it was so far from incredible. It's inconsistencies are only amplified by the fact that it is a horrible film.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #166
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

Quote:

Who built Cerebro

As much as I love FC i cant disagree with u one bit- all points valid! Xmen came up as a topic right before i got off work and my co-workers were talking about how they couldn't understand how Charles could still be alive. Of course i referenced the scene that explained it and to my surprise they had no idea what i was talking about so i pulled it up online and they all went crazy- utterly shocking to me and hilarious. Now what threw me off was him calling the nurse Moira. Okay i admit it i am late to the party on that one...lol i was like WTF!? Then it made me mad at Fc for so blatantly taking those liberties with that character. In my defense i hadn't seen X3 since FC has been out and i guess i somehow missed it each time its been brought up here. I would have to imagine its been discussed numerous times....bottom line is that continuity hasn't been a major focus and it appears that the story of the day is the one that supersedes all others. Its a bit lazy and messy but oh well, tis life...

Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #167
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL

And Xavier was shot in the spine when he was "17" and yet when he gets older (with no hair) he can walk. He then loses the ability to walk again.

It really works both ways.

Again, I hate Origins with every fibre of my being ( ! ) but it's painfully ( ? ) obvious that really people are just pointing out flaws from a movie that they don't like. And making excuses for a movie that they do like.
I'll be honest, I don't particularly like FC. That's not a secret on here. And I don't hate Origins, I just have no liking for it either. So I'm not coming from a place of bias when I say IMO Origins is the biggest offender and it's the one that they can't really fix. FC had issues (one of the reasons I'm not a fan) but those can mostly be fixed by DOFP or by simpler explanations.

Origins sticks out like a sore thumb in the franchise. The fact they've already backtracked on some of it in successive movies just makes it worse. FC is being joined with the OT in DOFP, but nothing suggests Origins is getting the same treatment. So, I personally wouldn't care if it got kicked out of continuity. If even Hugh is acting like it's not canon, then that says a lot.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #168
kasjan
Side-Kick

I see poeple here still not talking about DOFP, but reboot, TLS, Origins, continuity,...
so that's my theory:

PS
Logan's origin comic came out when X2 script was done.

Last edited by kasjan; 11-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #169
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Exactly. There are plenty of inconsistencies to go about there (Charles saw Cyclops and Storm during his first try with Cerebro? How old are those two??), but it's a far superior film, so there's less about the whole thing.

Origins' problems do stand out more because the movie just wasn't very good.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #170
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. There are plenty of inconsistencies to go about there (Charles saw Cyclops and Storm during his first try with Cerebro? How old are those two??), but it's a far superior film, so there's less about the whole thing.

Origins' problems do stand out more because the movie just wasn't very good.
In fairness to the Cerebro scene they were never identified as Cyclops and Storm, so we can't actually say that's who they were.

Origins identified people that had inconsistencies, so it's a bigger deal. I find the FC errors less inexplicable. That's why they're easier to fix. Whereas Origin errors are going to have to be completely disregarded as not being canon, and have already been so with Emma Stone etc. And if that much is disregarded, then it calls into question that the movie is even part of the proper franchise continuity. Hugh doesn't seem to see it as such anymore, which for me is very telling to it's future chance of being kept in continuity. I don't think it will be.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #171
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

All origins needed to do was replicate the Flashback scenes from x1 and x2 and location it was set, which wasn't difficult but they couldn't even do that, I remember in an interview the director saying he wanted to do it abit differently to what X1 and 2 shown

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #172
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
And the film obviously did other things right, but everyone else would rather dismiss that and dismiss anything positive ever said about it and just wipe it out of the franchise like it never existed, instead of discussing the things that worked.

It works both ways here, danoyse.

The difference between this place, and what you claim me of, is that if I go into ANY thread anywhere on this forum and say that I liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or say something good about it, everyone is going to flock and gang up on me to tell me how wrong I am.

And you, nor any other mod will do anything about it.

Until I defend myself, then you'll lecture me about how I defend the movie too much anytime the subject comes up.
The problem isn't that you "defend the movie too much". The problem is that you won't accept the reality that exists here that those two movies aren't as well-liked as the others. You can insist until the cows come home that they didn't have any problems and everyone outside of here loves them, but when you're here, you're really just vastly outnumbered in that opinion. It sucks for you, and I know how that feels (I loved Star Trek Into Darkness, but there are people who have bashed it to the point where I just want to slug them with my keyboard), but all the lecturing in the world hasn't changed that and isn't going to.

You just seem to be fighting a losing battle here, Nell.

I obviously have issues with those two films, but I don't vehemently hate them like others do. I still have them all on blu-ray and include them when I marathon them. And I can find issues with all of them, but it's usually X3 and Origins that leave me like because they have the most frustrating problems. But I get that there are others who do vehemently hate them and they're allowed to say so. It's their opinion, they're allowed to have at it, even if I disagree, or find it uninformed and stupid (that goes for all movies). I'm not going to change their mind, so it's not worth mine or anyone else's time to tell them otherwise.

And if you feel that the mods are working against you...report the offending posts. The whole staff see them, and if they feel you're being treated unfairly they'll take care of it. Go for it.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #173
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
In fairness to the Cerebro scene they were never identified as Cyclops and Storm, so we can't actually say that's who they were.
This.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #174
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
vaughn has not kept it a secret that he was only going to take Singers films into account, whether thats a good enough excuse or not its the reason none the less why its continuity mostly works with X1 and X2

Quote:
and yet he is blue and fuzzy in X3 with no explanation, is that continuity mess up or basically ignoring that (easter egg) scene from X2

Quote:
thats not a continuity error, its called character development, same with Xavier being young and having an eye for the ladys, but... omg he ain't like that 30 years later... how could that be? darn you vaughn and your ideas of youth

infact that was one of the issues i had with origins that he was basically the same character before he lost his memory as he was after, there wasn't much to his past at all to make him who he is

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-16-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #175
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Beast could easily have been using an inhibitor collar during X2, used a serum to make himself look human or some kind of image enhancer. His looking human in X2 is actually one of the easiest things to explain without it being a continuity error. Inhibitor collars exist in the OT continuity, so that would be my best guess. It was some version of that. He believed looking human for the interview would get his point across better to a hostile audience.

Also he's human looking in DOFP. Which proves he could switch back and forth at will when he wanted to. It's already sorted.

Closed Thread