The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,352
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
if the shoe fits...
That shoe does fit me.

When faced with the two options of opinion on this movie, i chose door number one...


__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,399
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I. Hate. AI. Thread. Manager.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,940
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That shoe does fit me.

When faced with the two options of opinion on this movie, i chose door number one...

glad your an optimistic.. but i'm a realist

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,352
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
glad your an optimistic.. but i'm a realist
I'm a realist too, if this came with Rothman still in charge and just after Elektra or something i wouldn't hold much hope of it being good.

But now in current time with the last movies being First Class and The Wolverine, i can have.

That hope doesn't mean i think it's guaranteed to be good, just that i don't think it will automatically be bad.

Nite fellas.

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 07:49 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,844
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That shoe does fit me.

When faced with the two options of opinion on this movie, i chose door number one...






You have this thread confused with this one... Waaaaah my precious, perfect marvel studios can't have F4 as they were stolen by those Fox bullies.
Why do you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into "everything is perfect so suck it" category? I am a Marvel Studios fan, but I know that every film isn't perfect. I didn't like Iron Man 3 and I saw Thor: The Dark World and that wasn't that great either. And if you look around at my previous posts in the Marvel threads, I have my issues with Marvel Studios.

Not every Marvel Studios fan thinks that Marvel Studios is perfect and can do no wrong. I am one of those. I have issues with several Marvel Studios projects. One of the issues is how much that hack Jeph Loeb will be involved in the Netflix shows (he ruined Heroes for me).

And as I said in the last forum, for me the key to success in this film is the casting of Thing and the villains.

So don't lump every Marvel Studios fan into the "Marvel Studios is perfect and cannot do wrong" category. That's wrong. But you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into that category anyways. I am not one of those who thinks it's perfect. In fact, far from it. I will keep criticizing Marvel Studios until they get diversity on the Avengers (it's another one of my gripes with Marvel Studios). Rest assured that I will bash Marvel Studios if Black Panther isn't announced for Phase 3. Does that mean I will boycott Marvel Studios? Probably not.

Hell, I thought The Mandarin should have been played by an Asian and not Ben Kingsley as "Faux Mandarin" and Guy Pearce as "Mandarin." As an Asian American, we are not that well represented in the MCU. That was one of my issues.

I hope I proved my point when I say that not every Marvel Studios fan believes that Marvel Studios is 100% perfect.

But if you are still going to lump every single Marvel Studios fan into the "Marvel Studios is perfect category" I'm not going to stop you. I'm just going to continue to say that you are wrong.

If you want me to, I can post a list of things I think Marvel Studios has done wrong despite the fact that I am a Marvel Studios fan (including the issues I have stated in this thread).

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 21,290
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

This thread should go a lot smoother now that cyclops has established that everyone against this movie is a closet racist. That's some mighty classy internetting there kid.

Mature too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Why do you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into "everything is perfect so suck it" category?
Because passive-aggressively insulting everyone with an opposing viewpoint is how the young 'uns roll these days.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 11-13-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,352
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

I stand by that post.

Only people i've seen against this are those who want it at Disney Marvel, and as such call for boycotts, and hopes it flops and fail and is terrible so that can happen after. And those who take issue with the casting on a non-white actor, which any way you cut it is still a form (however mild) of racism.

--

@Dr Evil

Perhaps i am indeed wrong to lump too many people into that catagory. My apologies.

There's a thread for those who want the rights to change hands, this one is for the movie thats at hand.

But to answer your initials question, it's because whenever i see a talkback fro F4 or Amazing Spider-Man or X-Men movies, there's lots of comments compaining for them to be given back to Marvel because that they would do them "right" which is basically another way of saying everyone else is doing them wrong, and as follower of Marvel and DC movies since the 90s i find that extremely counter-productive and bias.

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 09:55 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,399
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

The rights talk are a HUGE reason this movie is forced to be made. No matter what, its going to always come up.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,352
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

@Docker, Sorry for posting that in response your post. It's was moment of frustration and not productive. I've removed it.

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,844
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I stand by that post.

Only people i've seen against this are those who want it at Disney Marvel, and as such call for boycotts, and hopes it flops and fail and is terrible so that can happen after. And those who take issue with the casting on a non-white actor, which any way you cut it is still a form (however mild) of racism.

--

@Dr Evil

Perhaps i am indeed wrong to lump too many people into that catagory. My apologies.

There's a thread for those who want the rights to change hands, this one is for the movie thats at hand.

But to answer your initials question, it's because whenever i see a talkback fro F4 or Amazing Spider-Man or X-Men movies, there's lots of comments compaining for them to be given back to Marvel because that they would do them "right" which is basically another way of saying everyone else is doing them wrong, and as follower of Marvel and DC movies since the 90s i find that extremely counter-productive and bias.
I am fine with the X Men franchise as is. As for Spider-Man, I am fine if the references to MCU are nothing more than a kid in the park wearing a Captain America or Iron Man Backpack.

For FF, the villains are the key to the film's success, IMO. They need to cast the right actor for Dr. Doom.

Apology accepted. I am a Realist Marvel Studios fan. If I feel that Marvel Studios is doing something wrong, I will say it.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,940
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Im a big fan of the marvel studio films, they've all been far from cinematic masterpieces but they're a very fun and thrilling adaptation of the comic world. I don't want marvel to be nolanized... I like the fact marvel isn't afraid to be "comic booky " with their heroes. They embrace it. Are they all perfect? Hell no. Have they made mistakes? Yes. But the world they've been building truly does incapture the exact look and feel i get when i think of the fantastic four... And i think marvel would handle the team more properly than fox would.

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 21,290
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I am a Realist Marvel Studios fan. If I feel that Marvel Studios is doing something wrong, I will say it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Im a big fan of the marvel studio films, they've all been far from cinematic masterpieces but they're a very fun and thrilling adaptation of the comic world. I don't want marvel to be nolanized... I like the fact marvel isn't afraid to be "comic booky " with their heroes. They embrace it. Are they all perfect? Hell no. Have they made mistakes? Yes. But the world they've been building truly does incapture the exact look and feel i get when i think of the fantastic four... And i think marvel would handle the team more properly than fox would.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,405
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Yep I'm a Marvel realist as well.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I **** on both Thor 2 and IM3 (although I've come around to IM3 since the first viewing). I'm looking forward to DOFP. I don't specifically discriminate just because Fox is making the film, but several things they've done through this process really smells of this being a sure fire bomb.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 19,399
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
@Docker, Sorry for posting that in response your post. It's was moment of frustration and not productive. I've removed it.
Dude I have no idea what you said. I was watching Preachers of LA. I know, I know! The show is crap but I just watch to see how can people follow these wolves.

__________________
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking......

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 5,196
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I don't look at it in terms of Marvel vs. Fox. Based on history, I trust Marvel more than I trust Fox, but I have no doubt that IF Fox recognized the value of this property, I believe they could make a great film.

My concerns are related directly to Fox's treatment of this particular film and their general lack of interest. I'm not fixated on MJB because, at this moment, I highly doubt he will be in the film. I have come to like the idea of his being in the film, and he is certainly more talented than most of the names that have been suggested.

But because he is talented and a hot property right now, I doubt that he will tie himself to a film that is floundering. He has better offers and will probably take them.

And talk of X-Men does NOTHING to improve my confidence. On the contrary, talk of X-Men just illustrates how much trouble this film is in. Compare the cast of X-Men to the cast that has been rumored for this film. Compare the buzz surrounding the recent X-Men films 1.5 years prior to release vs. the buzz for this film.

Fox clearly does take X-Men seriously, so they put some effort into X-Men films. They haven't shown the slightest hint that they take FF half as seriously as X-Men.

Fox could turn me with some real announcements, but I have no confidence that they have anything close to the proper respect for this property at this moment.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
Joshua_B
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 374
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I still think Garrett Hedlund would make an excellent Johnny Storm. Diane Kruger would make a great Sue, but she'll probably be busy with her new FX police show.

Joshua_B is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,940
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Garrett would be a great older johnny.. he's about maximum age id want him to go... younger 20s might be better for this reboot, but id hate for him to be a teen

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,578
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Now that Fox has moved the release date to the middle of June - right in the middle of a summer full of other hero films - I don't know if this FF will have much of a chance at the b.o....

bubbadoom is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,844
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I think Fox would have let this lapse and go back to Marvel had James Cameron been able to get Avatar 2 up and running in time for 2015.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,189
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
The rights talk are a HUGE reason this movie is forced to be made. No matter what, its going to always come up.
Some certain 'fans' don't realise that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Im a big fan of the marvel studio films, they've all been far from cinematic masterpieces but they're a very fun and thrilling adaptation of the comic world. I don't want marvel to be nolanized... I like the fact marvel isn't afraid to be "comic booky " with their heroes. They embrace it. Are they all perfect? Hell no. Have they made mistakes? Yes. But the world they've been building truly does incapture the exact look and feel i get when i think of the fantastic four... And i think marvel would handle the team more properly than fox would.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I think Fox would have let this lapse and go back to Marvel had James Cameron been able to get Avatar 2 up and running in time for 2015.
I too would like for the rights to revert but I'm willing to give Fox one more shot. I wanna see a great movie and Fox is capable (see X-2,FC). However their past attempts at the FF movies were terrible to say this least. Let's see how this goes, if they make the movie, I will go watch it and judge it on its own merits and if it goes back to Marvel, then yay. Personally, I would prefer if the FF were at Marvel.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
Naji Assan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 685
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Now that Fox has moved the release date to the middle of June - right in the middle of a summer full of other hero films - I don't know if this FF will have much of a chance at the b.o....
Man of Steel did well so why can't the FF? Both reboots, both June.

Naji Assan is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,117
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Man of Steel did well so why can't the FF? Both reboots, both June.
As much as I prefer the FF over Superman, I wouldn't put them in the same 'brand recognition' or popularity level as the big S. Even the dull as dishwater 'Superman Returns' did better than both FF films.

Superman is a undoubtedly a worldwide icon. The FF? Less so...

For this one to do well they will have to do a damn good job with it. Anything average I can't see doing any better than the previous efforts, especially in that slot.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.