Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
if the shoe fits...
That shoe does fit me.

When faced with the two options of opinion on this movie, i chose door number one...

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I. Hate. AI. Thread. Manager.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
That shoe does fit me.

When faced with the two options of opinion on this movie, i chose door number one...

glad your an optimistic.. but i'm a realist

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
glad your an optimistic.. but i'm a realist
I'm a realist too, if this came with Rothman still in charge and just after Elektra or something i wouldn't hold much hope of it being good.

But now in current time with the last movies being First Class and The Wolverine, i can have.

That hope doesn't mean i think it's guaranteed to be good, just that i don't think it will automatically be bad.

Nite fellas.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
That shoe does fit me.

You have this thread confused with this one... Waaaaah my precious, perfect marvel studios can't have F4 as they were stolen by those Fox bullies.
Why do you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into "everything is perfect so suck it" category? I am a Marvel Studios fan, but I know that every film isn't perfect. I didn't like Iron Man 3 and I saw Thor: The Dark World and that wasn't that great either. And if you look around at my previous posts in the Marvel threads, I have my issues with Marvel Studios.

Not every Marvel Studios fan thinks that Marvel Studios is perfect and can do no wrong. I am one of those. I have issues with several Marvel Studios projects. One of the issues is how much that hack Jeph Loeb will be involved in the Netflix shows (he ruined Heroes for me).

And as I said in the last forum, for me the key to success in this film is the casting of Thing and the villains.

So don't lump every Marvel Studios fan into the "Marvel Studios is perfect and cannot do wrong" category. That's wrong. But you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into that category anyways. I am not one of those who thinks it's perfect. In fact, far from it. I will keep criticizing Marvel Studios until they get diversity on the Avengers (it's another one of my gripes with Marvel Studios). Rest assured that I will bash Marvel Studios if Black Panther isn't announced for Phase 3. Does that mean I will boycott Marvel Studios? Probably not.

Hell, I thought The Mandarin should have been played by an Asian and not Ben Kingsley as "Faux Mandarin" and Guy Pearce as "Mandarin." As an Asian American, we are not that well represented in the MCU. That was one of my issues.

I hope I proved my point when I say that not every Marvel Studios fan believes that Marvel Studios is 100% perfect.

But if you are still going to lump every single Marvel Studios fan into the "Marvel Studios is perfect category" I'm not going to stop you. I'm just going to continue to say that you are wrong.

If you want me to, I can post a list of things I think Marvel Studios has done wrong despite the fact that I am a Marvel Studios fan (including the issues I have stated in this thread).

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

This thread should go a lot smoother now that cyclops has established that everyone against this movie is a closet racist. That's some mighty classy internetting there kid.

Mature too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Why do you keep lumping every Marvel Studios fan into "everything is perfect so suck it" category?
Because passive-aggressively insulting everyone with an opposing viewpoint is how the young 'uns roll these days.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 11-13-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I stand by that post.

Only people i've seen against this are those who want it at Disney Marvel, and as such call for boycotts, and hopes it flops and fail and is terrible so that can happen after. And those who take issue with the casting on a non-white actor, which any way you cut it is still a form (however mild) of racism.

--

@Dr Evil

Perhaps i am indeed wrong to lump too many people into that catagory. My apologies.

There's a thread for those who want the rights to change hands, this one is for the movie thats at hand.

But to answer your initials question, it's because whenever i see a talkback fro F4 or Amazing Spider-Man or X-Men movies, there's lots of comments compaining for them to be given back to Marvel because that they would do them "right" which is basically another way of saying everyone else is doing them wrong, and as follower of Marvel and DC movies since the 90s i find that extremely counter-productive and bias.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 11-13-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

The rights talk are a HUGE reason this movie is forced to be made. No matter what, its going to always come up.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

@Docker, Sorry for posting that in response your post. It's was moment of frustration and not productive. I've removed it.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I stand by that post.

Only people i've seen against this are those who want it at Disney Marvel, and as such call for boycotts, and hopes it flops and fail and is terrible so that can happen after. And those who take issue with the casting on a non-white actor, which any way you cut it is still a form (however mild) of racism.

--

@Dr Evil

Perhaps i am indeed wrong to lump too many people into that catagory. My apologies.

There's a thread for those who want the rights to change hands, this one is for the movie thats at hand.

But to answer your initials question, it's because whenever i see a talkback fro F4 or Amazing Spider-Man or X-Men movies, there's lots of comments compaining for them to be given back to Marvel because that they would do them "right" which is basically another way of saying everyone else is doing them wrong, and as follower of Marvel and DC movies since the 90s i find that extremely counter-productive and bias.
I am fine with the X Men franchise as is. As for Spider-Man, I am fine if the references to MCU are nothing more than a kid in the park wearing a Captain America or Iron Man Backpack.

For FF, the villains are the key to the film's success, IMO. They need to cast the right actor for Dr. Doom.

Apology accepted. I am a Realist Marvel Studios fan. If I feel that Marvel Studios is doing something wrong, I will say it.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Im a big fan of the marvel studio films, they've all been far from cinematic masterpieces but they're a very fun and thrilling adaptation of the comic world. I don't want marvel to be nolanized... I like the fact marvel isn't afraid to be "comic booky " with their heroes. They embrace it. Are they all perfect? Hell no. Have they made mistakes? Yes. But the world they've been building truly does incapture the exact look and feel i get when i think of the fantastic four... And i think marvel would handle the team more properly than fox would.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
I am a Realist Marvel Studios fan. If I feel that Marvel Studios is doing something wrong, I will say it.
Quote:
Im a big fan of the marvel studio films, they've all been far from cinematic masterpieces but they're a very fun and thrilling adaptation of the comic world. I don't want marvel to be nolanized... I like the fact marvel isn't afraid to be "comic booky " with their heroes. They embrace it. Are they all perfect? Hell no. Have they made mistakes? Yes. But the world they've been building truly does incapture the exact look and feel i get when i think of the fantastic four... And i think marvel would handle the team more properly than fox would.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Yep I'm a Marvel realist as well.

:o
Old 11-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I **** on both Thor 2 and IM3 (although I've come around to IM3 since the first viewing). I'm looking forward to DOFP. I don't specifically discriminate just because Fox is making the film, but several things they've done through this process really smells of this being a sure fire bomb.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
@Docker, Sorry for posting that in response your post. It's was moment of frustration and not productive. I've removed it.
Dude I have no idea what you said. I was watching Preachers of LA. I know, I know! The show is crap but I just watch to see how can people follow these wolves.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I don't look at it in terms of Marvel vs. Fox. Based on history, I trust Marvel more than I trust Fox, but I have no doubt that IF Fox recognized the value of this property, I believe they could make a great film.

My concerns are related directly to Fox's treatment of this particular film and their general lack of interest. I'm not fixated on MJB because, at this moment, I highly doubt he will be in the film. I have come to like the idea of his being in the film, and he is certainly more talented than most of the names that have been suggested.

But because he is talented and a hot property right now, I doubt that he will tie himself to a film that is floundering. He has better offers and will probably take them.

And talk of X-Men does NOTHING to improve my confidence. On the contrary, talk of X-Men just illustrates how much trouble this film is in. Compare the cast of X-Men to the cast that has been rumored for this film. Compare the buzz surrounding the recent X-Men films 1.5 years prior to release vs. the buzz for this film.

Fox clearly does take X-Men seriously, so they put some effort into X-Men films. They haven't shown the slightest hint that they take FF half as seriously as X-Men.

Fox could turn me with some real announcements, but I have no confidence that they have anything close to the proper respect for this property at this moment.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
Joshua_B
Banned User

I still think Garrett Hedlund would make an excellent Johnny Storm. Diane Kruger would make a great Sue, but she'll probably be busy with her new FX police show.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Garrett would be a great older johnny.. he's about maximum age id want him to go... younger 20s might be better for this reboot, but id hate for him to be a teen

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Now that Fox has moved the release date to the middle of June - right in the middle of a summer full of other hero films - I don't know if this FF will have much of a chance at the b.o....

Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I think Fox would have let this lapse and go back to Marvel had James Cameron been able to get Avatar 2 up and running in time for 2015.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
The rights talk are a HUGE reason this movie is forced to be made. No matter what, its going to always come up.
Some certain 'fans' don't realise that.

Quote:

Quote:
I think Fox would have let this lapse and go back to Marvel had James Cameron been able to get Avatar 2 up and running in time for 2015.
I too would like for the rights to revert but I'm willing to give Fox one more shot. I wanna see a great movie and Fox is capable (see X-2,FC). However their past attempts at the FF movies were terrible to say this least. Let's see how this goes, if they make the movie, I will go watch it and judge it on its own merits and if it goes back to Marvel, then yay. Personally, I would prefer if the FF were at Marvel.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Now that Fox has moved the release date to the middle of June - right in the middle of a summer full of other hero films - I don't know if this FF will have much of a chance at the b.o....
Man of Steel did well so why can't the FF? Both reboots, both June.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #25
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Man of Steel did well so why can't the FF? Both reboots, both June.
As much as I prefer the FF over Superman, I wouldn't put them in the same 'brand recognition' or popularity level as the big S. Even the dull as dishwater 'Superman Returns' did better than both FF films.

Superman is a undoubtedly a worldwide icon. The FF? Less so...

For this one to do well they will have to do a damn good job with it. Anything average I can't see doing any better than the previous efforts, especially in that slot.