The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #76
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

For X-M: DoFP, I read in a few places on the Net that it does have a big budget. However, and I could be wrong, a huge chunk of that budget could be simply be all of the actors and actresses salaries. There are a TON of characters/actors here (some established actors, a few up-and-comers) and I have to think not all of them are coming to this party on the cheap.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #77
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
For X-M: DoFP, I read in a few places on the Net that it does have a big budget. However, and I could be wrong, a huge chunk of that budget could be simply be all of the actors and actresses salaries. There are a TON of characters/actors here (some established actors, a few up-and-comers) and I have to think not all of them are coming to this party on the cheap.
Good point. With all the big-names, I'm sure they had to pay.

It's probably not fair judge by the preview because a lot of the special effects haven't been done yet, but compared directly to the Captain America trailer that came out around the same time, it didn't look nearly as visually spectacular. Hopefully that will change when we see some Sentinels in action.

But I'm also concerned that Fox may be willing to spend much more on X-Men and Bryan Singer than they ever will on FF and Trank.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #78
Naji Assan
Banned User

Days of Future Past the second most expensive movie Fox has financed, second only to Avatar. Singer said half the budget went into CGI and native 3D.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #79
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
Changing it's release date to June 2015 may not have been a good move. It's set to come out the same day as Pixar's Inside Out. It comes out the week after Jurassic World. It comes out in between Avengers 2 and Batman vs Superman. And Terminator 5 also comes out around that time as well.
I think we'll see one of these big franchises move to Memorial Day 2015, now that Star Wars is out of that slot. You usually get a big franchise type film in that slot:

IJ 4 2008
Night at the Museum 2 2009
Shrek 4 2010
PoTC 4 2011
MIB III 2012
Hangover III/F&F 6 2013

So Jurassic World can probably take that slot and get a Holiday bump. I still think FF gets murdered in June, but it's better than March. I would have looked at April 1st or something. "APRIL FOOLS, WE ACTUALLY DIDN'T MAKE THE MOVIE!!!" We can only imagine.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #80
Naji Assan
Banned User

So the film's being shot at Celtic Studios in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Battle: Los Angeles, Battleship and both Twilight Saga Breaking Dawns were shot there.

The budget's over a hundred million too.

http://www.nola.com/entertainment/ba...rouge_may.html

Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #81
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

If this film flops or it's bad then it's going to royalty screw up this franchise worse than what we have ever seen before.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #82
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
So the film's being shot at Celtic Studios in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Battle: Los Angeles, Battleship and both Twilight Saga Breaking Dawns were shot there.

The budget's over a hundred million too.

http://www.nola.com/entertainment/ba...rouge_may.html
This would mean something more if we already hadn't had several of these production start "updates" this year.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #83
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
If this film flops or it's bad then it's going to royalty screw up this franchise worse than what we have ever seen before.

That is what I'm worried about....to me if it does "well", then Marvel will be more apt to want it enough to pay for it. If it flops, no one will want, it will be toxic.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #84
Sardaukar
Side-Kick

If it flops, Disney will still shell out for it if offered at a good price. These corporations play the long game.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #85
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The X-Men need to come back in a big way live action wise for the most part. First Class was good but it wasn't something everyone was clamoring to see.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #86
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
You're forgetting JLAW and co were already under contract at the rate of FC. Hugh, Halle (although she wont be as much as X3) and Ian, however, might be who they spent the highest chunk of money on most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #87
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
If it flops, Disney will still shell out for it if offered at a good price. These corporations play the long game.
IMO, they will only do it to get the villains that come along with them....

They have a family of superheros that has already proven to bring in money for them at the box office.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #88
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
This would mean something more if we already hadn't had several of these production start "updates" this year.
Yup. All a bit SSDD atm...

Old 11-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #89
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
IMO, they will only do it to get the villains that come along with them....

They have a family of superheros that has already proven to bring in money for them at the box office.
Yeah. I'm sure Disney is interested in the long game, but after Fox has produced three lousy film, their interest in the property will be limited and Marvel will likely have no interest in making another film while the taste of Fox's stinkers are still in everyone's mouth. So I'd expect they'd just hang back and wait again rather than writing a big check to get the rights quickly.

Unless, as Kelly suggests, they want those villains. But even then, a small check should do it. Fox seems to have little interest now and bomb would just decrease their interest more to the point Marvel should be able to get them cheap if they don't over-play their hand.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #90
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Yeah. I'm sure Disney is interested in the long game, but after Fox has produced three lousy film, their interest in the property will be limited and Marvel will likely have no interest in making another film while the taste of Fox's stinkers are still in everyone's mouth. So I'd expect they'd just hang back and wait again rather than writing a big check to get the rights quickly.

Unless, as Kelly suggests, they want those villains. But even then, a small check should do it. Fox seems to have little interest now and bomb would just decrease their interest more to the point Marvel should be able to get them cheap if they don't over-play their hand.
I'm not too sure which way it'd go to be honest.. On one hand it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth and people may not want to push a reboot so fast (like they did with Punisher War Zone, but... on the otherhand... Amazing Spider-Man was a decent success at a reboot in a short amount of time, and I guarantee Marvel/Disney also would think they could do better with the property than Fox...

Batman vs Superman could actually be a key factor in this... If batman is successful than even a shorter reboot time for the fantastic four is probable.

Let's also not forget that if this flops.. it might not be because it's a stinker, just that people have no interest in it.

I could easily see Marvel reboot the series by piggy-backing it onto a gimmick like attaching another hero, or first having them appear in an Avengers film... Very similarly to how they rebooted interest in Hulk after Avengers

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #91
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I'm not too sure which way it'd go to be honest.. On one hand it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth and people may not want to push a reboot so fast (like they did with Punisher War Zone, but... on the otherhand... Amazing Spider-Man was a decent success at a reboot in a short amount of time, and I guarantee Marvel/Disney also would think they could do better with the property than Fox...

Batman vs Superman could actually be a key factor in this... If batman is successful than even a shorter reboot time for the fantastic four is probable.

Let's also not forget that if this flops.. it might not be because it's a stinker, just that people have no interest in it.

I could easily see Marvel reboot the series by piggy-backing it onto a gimmick like attaching another hero, or first having them appear in an Avengers film... Very similarly to how they rebooted interest in Hulk after Avengers
In my perfect world, Banner's alter ego is featured prominently in Marvel's FF reboot into the MCU. Allow Tom Hanks to check "superhero" role off of his bucket list by casting him as Reed Richards and have a massive Thing/Hulk brawl feature prominently in the movie, leading to them going after the REAL enemy. But have the Hulk sit out the final battle and allow the FF to shine (unlike with the Surfer-Galactus confrontation).

Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #92
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Tom Hanks should direct a Marvel movie or two...!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #93
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Fox seems to have little interest now
You're still saying this after we just got word that they're spending over a hundred million on the Baton Rouge shoot?

If there was "little interest" they would have sold the rights like they did with Daredevil last year, saved the hundred million and made some money from the sale.

They're very interested in the FF.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #94
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're still saying this after we just got word that they're spending over a hundred million on the Baton Rouge shoot?

If there was "little interest" they would have sold the rights like they did with Daredevil last year, saved the hundred million and made some money from the sale.

FOX didn't sell the film rights to Daredevil back to Marvel. They reverted as per the terms of the licensing agreement. And until FOX actually spends money on the FF reboot rather than threatening to do so, which the studio has done since 2009, it is reasonable to assume the interest is tepid at best.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #95
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't assume anything, except that the studio is planning to make the film until they say they aren't.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #96
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

.... They didnt "sell" the rights to daredevil... They LOST the rights to daredevil.

[=]
Old 11-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #97
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Absolutely. What's a hundred million these days? For a comic book film - particularly one like the FF that needs to be visually spectacular - 100 m puts it at 'low budget'. Both of the other FF films had budgets over $100 million, and they certainly didn't come across as 'big-budget' films and costs are higher now than they were then.

Name 1 serious comic-book film in the last 5 years that had a budget lower than 100 million.

Here's why I say Fox isn't interested in the FF:

1. They hired a cheap, unproven director.
2. They're giving the film a small budget.
3. We're a year and half away from the film's release date and the studio hasn't been talking it up at all.
4. There have been no hints or whispers of anybody of any consequence starring in the film.
5. They are giving themselves a year from start of production to release - not enough time to do a film as big as the FF should be.

Competitive comic-book films coming out in 2015 have casts, artwork etc. and people are talking about them and excited by them.

Face it, this is a minor film to them. Something they may take a shot with and see what happens.

This is the freakin' Fantastic Four. Before Fox got their hands on them and started screwing things up, this would have been one of the biggest marvel properties behind Spider-man and X-Men. The FF, Dr. Doom and Galactus have powers and stories that put all the other properties to shame. We should be talking about a 200 million+ dollar film that will be like nothing anybody has ever seen before.

But Fox has turned it into a minor property that nobody cares about.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #98
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:

The only thing Fox is interested in is keeping the rights AWAY From Marvel through their form of extortion.

Roger Corman FF 2.0 June 2015

Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #99
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Absolutely. What's a hundred million these days? For a comic book film - particularly one like the FF that needs to be visually spectacular - 100 m puts it at 'low budget'. Both of the other FF films had budgets over $100 million, and they certainly didn't come across as 'big-budget' films and costs are higher now than they were then.

Name 1 serious comic-book film in the last 5 years that had a budget lower than 100 million.

3. We're a year and half away from the film's release date and the studio hasn't been talking it up at all.
4. There have been no hints or whispers of anybody of any consequence starring in the film.
5. They are giving themselves a year from start of production to release - not enough time to do a film as big as the FF should be.

Competitive comic-book films coming out in 2015 have casts, artwork etc. and people are talking about them and excited by them.

Face it, this is a minor film to them. Something they may take a shot with and see what happens.

This is the freakin' Fantastic Four. Before Fox got their hands on them and started screwing things up, this would have been one of the biggest marvel properties behind Spider-man and X-Men. The FF, Dr. Doom and Galactus have powers and stories that put all the other properties to shame. We should be talking about a 200 million+ dollar film that will be like nothing anybody has ever seen before.

[=]
Old 11-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #100
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:

Agreed. Does anyone think Dr. Doom can hold his own in an origin movie? I do, his character is that deep and rich. He's arguable more famous than his superhero counterpart in the F4. If I was Fox, I'd do an origin film on him(based off Books of Doom) quite possibly before I reboot the F4 because it's something different.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Closed Thread