The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #326
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,428
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Bringing the trunks back wouldn't make any sense now. It would just be silly and I'd wonder what got into Snyder. The collar would just be ugly.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #327
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Wow...are those real? I'd have loved to have seen any one of those. I like them much better than what we got. 2 especially. Wish they'd ha e stuck with one of these.
Those designs look way too similar to the Green Lantern costume. They also look...well...terrible (IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
How about they don't acknowledge it at all and just treat it matter of factly and never make mention of it? I'd be cool with that... Let it be as undeveloped as everything else in MOS.
Nah.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #328
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,881
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Here's a version of the suit I'd like to see.

A wider neckline
Red belt with yellow thin but raised metallic outline
A brighter blue.
The hair parting the right way, with a hint of a spitcurl.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
this looks really good. you know, if that scout ship can still be salvage and turned into the fortress of solitude, i think they can make revisions to the suit. i don't know why, but i figured the suit was made in the scout ship after clark got there with the command key.

ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #329
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I'm betting we'll see a brighter yellow/gold on the "S". Like maybe he cleaned the suit or something.
Yes that should be done, somebody said the color of the yellow was mustard, it really didn't look good.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #330
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,619
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Hell no to red on the gauntlets. The only way to make the MOS suit worse than it already is is right after giving it a collar you give it red on the gauntlets. Superman shouldn't even have gauntlets in the first place and then you want to go and add red and make them stand out more? No thanks. Worst idea for that suit (after a collar...possibly tied with it).
In all seriousness, I would absolutely, positively leave the suite ALONE. I really do believe it's the best superhero rendition out there, especially for an iconic hero such as Supes who has classic features that span through generation to generation. They pulled it off flawlessly with the MOS suite. That said, I know fans who simply want to nitpick at every last little thing and can't be happy with basically anything, so if I were to see an extended addition to the suit, maybe it would be a contrast in the gauntlets but that's pushing it. Some people seriously just want to add to it simply to add to it. Atleast the gauntlets are already there (I'm reaching, here). The red in the waist would make absolutely no sense. Again, it's fine the way it is. Other than a different neckline for Cavill to be more comfortable in and Snyder's vision of a more colorful color pallet, I feel it should be left alone.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6

Last edited by Tra-El; 12-21-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Tra-El is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #331
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,878
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Bringing the trunks back wouldn't make any sense now. It would just be silly and I'd wonder what got into Snyder. The collar would just be ugly.
Peer-pressure.

I feel like that's the reason he decided on no slo-mo action shots for MOS

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #332
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,157
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Here's a version of the suit I'd like to see.

A wider neckline
Red belt with yellow thin but raised metallic outline
A brighter blue.
The hair parting the right way, with a hint of a spitcurl.
That is not going to happen. Maybe the spitcurl, which I would love, but unless one has unusually tame, easy to style hair, it is really hard for a guy to switch the side one's hair parts on, especially if one has any sort of cowlicks or curls like Cavill does.

One could cite Reeve and how his hair was parted on different sides as Superman and Clark as a counter-argument, but one needs to remember just how much product was in Reeve's hair in those movies. Also, Reeven's hair was much longer, which makes it easier to weigh it down and control. And I doubt that is a preferred option because it seems like most people around here thought that Cavill's hair was too long long in Man of Steel to begin with.

Unless you want to bring back 1970s style hair helmets, it's not going to happen.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #333
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,219
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Snyder just needs a more colorful color pallet.

Hell NO to red trunks/spit curl. lol

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
When I think Nightwing, I think intensity. But also a cute face, and a hot body to match. With Starfire, when I think of her, Madonna's song Girl Gone Wild comes to mind in how I feel about her.
Samuel Jackson is online now  
Old 12-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #334
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,085
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
More like WB said don't do them I bet and that's the story he just goes with..."they just don't work...even though they have worked for 70 years". Yeah. Bull****.
Citations for the bolded?

From Snyder's perspective, his design team and Deborah were against trunks while he wanted trunks to be included. He tried to incorporate them many times but realized that it didn't work out all that well. Hence, the trunks removal.

I can't understand why people are still miffed about the suit not having trunks. the 70+ years argument is irrelevant when you consider that the character iconography changes over time. Just because something worked for previous generations, it doesn't necessarily mean that it would work in newer generations.

InJustice is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #335
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,619
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

It was time, guys. Simple as that. Some just need to accept that fact. Every facet of the Superman mythos, including the comics and merchandise, have done the same. It's...TIME.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #336
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Snyder just needs a more colorful color pallet.

Hell NO to red trunks/spit curl. lol
Did anyone else read this in Sam Jackson's voice?

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #337
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 16,070
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Citations for the bolded?

From Snyder's perspective, his design team and Deborah were against trunks while he wanted trunks to be included. He tried to incorporate them many times but realized that it didn't work out all that well. Hence, the trunks removal.

I can't understand why people are still miffed about the suit not having trunks. the 70+ years argument is irrelevant when you consider that the character iconography changes over time. Just because something worked for previous generations, it doesn't necessarily mean that it would work in newer generations.
Yeah but 70 YEARS!

70 years of the same design, just with minor changes.

And only now they drop the trunks.


The trunks are (or I guess were) as much a part of the Superman iconography as the \S/ shield is.

Getting rid of it is like getting rid of the ears on the batsuit.

And while tastes change, and people have called them silly, I doubt that the outcry to get rid of them was so large that they decided to do it.

Honestly, I doubt there was ANY demands, outside of cynical, nitpicky, worst of the worst fanboys who felt they shoud be gone.


There was nothing wrong with outside of the fact it was an outdated design trope.

HOWEVER, it was HIS design.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 12-21-2013 at 06:15 PM.
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #338
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 32,288
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Snyder just needs a more colorful color pallet.

Hell NO to red trunks/spit curl. lol
I just read all of this in SLJ's voice.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #339
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,627
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I just read all of this in SLJ's voice.
As he says, he only has one voice.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #340
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Those designs look way too similar to the Green Lantern costume. They also look...well...terrible (IMO).
Yeah they look nothing like the Green Lantern movie suit. How are they at all like that? These suits don't look "organic" looking at all, and the only thing terrible about those pictures is the hair.


Quote:
Nah.
I'll take some solid character and story development (good dialog wouldn't hurt either) before an explanation about why there's a different shade of yellow on Superman.

Just saying.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #341
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,991
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?


__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #342
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I can dig this.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #343
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

I agree with those who say no to the curl and NO to those GAWD awful trunks. I also feel no reason there needs to be nemore separation in the middle of the suit, there is enough; it is there but it's not overwhelming; and its separated by something that looks alien and not earth bound like underwear.

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #344
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,157
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Perfect. All they need to do is strengthen the colours. Adding red into the belt doesn't look right and does not compensate for the lack of trunks in my opinion. It just further muddles the waist area. If people really feel like the blue needs to be broken up better, just enlarge the gold belt and buckle. The belt looks far sleeker if kept as one colour. A red belt as seen on the New 52 design just looks wrong in my opinion. It is the wrong colour in the wrong place.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #345
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,085
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yeah but 70 YEARS!

70 years of the same design, just with minor changes.

And only now they drop the trunks.


The trunks are (or I guess were) as much a part of the Superman iconography as the \S/ shield is.

Getting rid of it is like getting rid of the ears on the batsuit.

And while tastes change, and people have called them silly, I doubt that the outcry to get rid of them was so large that they decided to do it.

Honestly, I doubt there was ANY demands, outside of cynical, nitpicky, worst of the worst fanboys who felt they shoud be gone.


There was nothing wrong with outside of the fact it was an outdated design trope.

HOWEVER, it was HIS design.
Again, the 70 years argument is irrelevant. It's a terrible fallacy that doesn't take into account the fact that things CAN change over time. Heck look at the Marvel 2099 comic series, it references a futuristic world in which the iconography of the hero has changed greatly from the Silver Age to the year 2099. It accepts the premise that the iconography may not be the same as time progress (especially since new generations came into play with each passing year). Additionally, if the trunks were significant to the iconography as pro-trunks would have one believe, then why would comic book writers eliminate it?

I disagree with your assertion that trunks = hero's symbol. There is a fundamental difference between trunks and a superhero logo. The trunks reference nothing of importance. At its most basic level, the trunks is a simple design choice that connects superheroes to the Victorian strongmen ideal. The point being that these are almost ethereal beings. At the same time, the more complex the characters have become over time and the more in-depth the writers are in displaying powers, the more redundant the trunks symbol has become. For instance, characters such as Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern can reference superhuman acts by being superstrong, have high levels of discipline, and willpower. You don't need trunks to deliver that point home. Not to mention, the trunks doesn't offer anything to the suit from a design standpoint.

On the other hand, the symbol is significant. It's a signifier of who that hero is. With it, the audience as well as other characters in the comic can derive meaning from the hero symbol. Without it, it becomes more difficult to understand who that hero is and what he stands for (not all superheroes though, Batman can fare well since his cowl and cape easily gives away the Bat motif). For instance, when one thinks Superman, one thinks of the shining red S, and one also interprets that as the Kryptonian symbol of hope (depending on which continuities you're a fan of). Other examples include, the differing Lantern corps, in which each logo and colour signify an emotional state.

Having said that, it makes no sense to equate eliminating trunks for eliminating the the bat-ears. The Bat-ears is part of Bruce Wayne's use of fear to threaten criminals. The point being that he's inhuman and threatening. Trunks do nothing significant that the cowl ears does. Therefore, I fail to see your point in treating these two as similar.

InJustice is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #346
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Very nice. My only complaint is that the shininess of the suit combined with those vibrant shades doesn't look good.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #347
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,428
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Oh damn! A tad on the shiny side, but otherwise perfection.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #348
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
These suits don't look "organic" looking at all...
They look pretty darn organic to me. However, I'll admit that what I'm seeing might just be overcompensation by the artist in an attempt to show how muscular the character is.

Quote:
and the only thing terrible about those pictures is the hair.
And pretty much everything else.

Quote:
I'll take some solid character and story development (good dialog wouldn't hurt either) before an explanation about why there's a different shade of yellow on Superman.

Just saying.
I'm not even going to dignify this with a response.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #349
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

I miss the trunks.

****, I miss the REAL Superman, who am I kidding...

They had better make this one more of a "Superman" movie... if not they are wasting Cavill.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #350
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,991
Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I can dig this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Perfect. All they need to do is strengthen the colours. Adding red into the belt doesn't look right and does not compensate for the lack of trunks in my opinion. It just further muddles the waist area. If people really feel like the blue needs to be broken up better, just enlarge the gold belt and buckle. The belt looks far sleeker if kept as one colour. A red belt as seen on the New 52 design just looks wrong in my opinion. It is the wrong colour in the wrong place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Very nice. My only complaint is that the shininess of the suit combined with those vibrant shades doesn't look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Oh damn! A tad on the shiny side, but otherwise perfection.
Not my job. Credits go for Super Kal.
I liked the color palette (althought needs little improvement), an outstanding job is my answer.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.