The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #76
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
Why? I liked it. Leave Marvel to do the colourful kids movies.
I'm not saying that it has to be extremely colorful, but it wouldn't hurt having a Superman film where it's not so dark in terms of its colors. Singer drained out the colors from SR with his yellowish-brown filter, and Snyder did the same with this film, but without using another dark color to drain out the picture.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #77
matt47
Side-Kick

I have mixed emotions on the color palette. Most of the time(krypton,Kent farm ect,) it looked stunning. The only time it really bothered me was the daily planet scenes and the interrogation scene. Everyone looked so pale in them.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #78
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Cool I have a new member to ignore

Old 11-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #79
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Me too

You know another thing that seems to irk me about the critics and some audiences these days is that they believe every superhero film must be a Marvel Studios film or follow the rules they've created. Gosh you'd think there's no room to allow originality.

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #80
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The only scene I thought was off was the Smallville fight.

The way they dampened the sunlight felt really unnatural there.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #81
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Me too

You know another thing that seems to irk me about the critics and some audiences these days is that they believe every superhero film must be a Marvel Studios film or follow the rules they've created. Gosh you'd think there's no room to allow originality.
What people criticize WB about is what's perceived as a lack of planning/forward thinking. Anyone reasonable isn't criticizing them for not copying Marvel especially since DC comics have never relied on crossovers like Marvel comics do.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #82
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What people criticize WB about is what's perceived as a lack of planning/forward thinking. Anyone reasonable isn't criticizing them for not copying Marvel especially since DC comics have never relied on crossovers like Marvel comics do.
DC has plenty of forward planning, they signed Ben Affleck right after MOS production wrapped in about January and Snyder already thought out the sequel. Plus if the sequel turns out the way I think it might then we can see that they've put a lot of hindsight into this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #83
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

We don't know that DC lacks forward planning, we only know that very little forward planning has been revealed. It's possible that they have a precise plan and they want to reveal it in a manner that maximises marketing.

They've been very effective thus far. The Batman vs Superman announcement drowned out the Avengers 2, Cap 2, Thor 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy announcements at Comic Con. Ben Affleck being Batman took over the internet for a few days and was only removed once Miley Cyrus twerked at a music show. Conversely, it would be idiotic for them to just release a timeline of movies to the general public, that would be a lost opportunity.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #84
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm not saying that it has to be extremely colorful, but it wouldn't hurt having a Superman film where it's not so dark in terms of its colors. Singer drained out the colors from SR with his yellowish-brown filter, and Snyder did the same with this film, but without using another dark color to drain out the picture.
I think the colour palette worked for this movie. If you notice it wasn't just the camera. It was also the clothing people wore... nobody wore a lot of colours, and even the weather. They never had a sunny day except possibly at the end, there were always a ton of clouds.

It goes with what I think they were trying to communicate, that Clark Kent is incomplete prior to becoming Superman, and that the world might also be incomplete prior to having Superman. Again, notice that the last 10 minutes of the movie have a lot more colour.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #85
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Me too

I feel ya. The its not fun enough or didn't have enough humor argument is beyond irritating. Anything remotely serious is considered dark.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #86
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Wow. What a sick and twisted way to find amusement.
The funniest scene in any movie I saw this year was in Riddick, it involved a glass box.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-15-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #87
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you the same guy as the other the question?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #88
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha Bach View Post
I feel ya. The its not fun enough or didn't have enough humor argument is beyond irritating. Anything remotely serious is considered dark.
I tend to assume that those individuals who say this are vapid.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #89
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha Bach View Post
Agreed. The tone more or less of what they have is similar to Kingdom Come. Now don't tell me any of you don't want to see an adaptation of that in some form. With regards to Superman and Batman this sort of tone works for them. People need to remember the summer of both 1997 and 2011 to be reminded why this "fun" concept doesn't always work. For guys like Flash however, I guess the Marvel route is okay but all we need is the right writer/director.

Would people call Captain America: The First Avenger movie dark then?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #90
michael1975
Side-Kick

I will give you my take on Man of Steel. I thought it was a great movie. I know lot people complained about he amount of destruction but lets be honest if Zod where real and Superman where real that's exactly what would happen. Most of the destruction came from World engines when you really think about it.

The second think people complained about was Superman killing Zod. Yes we all know Superman doesn't kill in the comic book. However this isn't the comic book. Having him kill and swearing to never take another life can add to more story elements in the sequel or in this case Batman vs Superman. It forces him to figure out a way to stop some one who may not be contained and is dangerous. Again I had no problem with this and thought it was done quite well. I like his reaction to killing Zod. They cry out in pain was not just one of "Crap I killed some one" it was also that pain of realizing he was now utterly alone; all his people were gone and he had no one that could even remotely relate to him.

As for the idea that the movie was to dark. Yes I think the story was Dark but at the same time Superman through that Dark story line became a symbol for hope. The character was not dark and brooding. He was character struggling to find his place in the world. Through that questing his Jor-El helps him find it partly any way. He realize he can take these gifts and be a symbol of hope and that is exactly what he did. However it's not like he had instruction manual on how to exactly go about doing that. It was something he had to learn along the way. So this aspect I think writers did a good job.

Now to me Man of Steel is only one part of an origin piece. What we saw was Clark Kent a man struggling to find his place in the world finding a place. We see him find a way to use his powers to help the world. However what we didn't see was the other aspect of that Superman Origins and that is Clark Kent the reporter. I think that should have been done in the sequel. This is one reason why I am so firmly against Batman vs Superman. I wanted to see Superman/Clark Kent fleshed out a bit more. I think Batman in movie will dominate to much of the film and we will be robbed of see the Clark Kent Reporter angel.

The other element we really didn't get to see is the public reaction to Superman. We saw some reaction from the military but that's about it. I want to see the public reaction the good and the bad in the sequel and Superman trying to win the publics trust.

I loved Man of Steel it wasnt perfect and needs a sequel to smooth the ruff edges if you will.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #91
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1975 View Post
Now to me Man of Steel is only one part of an origin piece. What we saw was Clark Kent a man struggling to find his place in the world finding a place. We see him find a way to use his powers to help the world. However what we didn't see was the other aspect of that Superman Origins and that is Clark Kent the reporter. I think that should have been done in the sequel. This is one reason why I am so firmly against Batman vs Superman. I wanted to see Superman/Clark Kent fleshed out a bit more. I think Batman in movie will dominate to much of the film and we will be robbed of see the Clark Kent Reporter angel.
Which is why a pure versus movie is the best idea. It's the best of both worlds, as the movie would then be both a pure MoS sequel and a Batman origin movie at once, as well as being a representation of the characters that respects the source materials.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #92
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

After seeing the behind-the-scenes look for MOS, I can't wait to see what that feature will be like for this film with Batman, especially if the film turns out to be epic and better received than MOS was.

I still hope that Snyder will really push forward in continuing clark's journey in this film and that most of the attention in the story won't go to Batman's introduction.

Honestly, I think if done right, these two iconic characters can really compliment each other well on a cinematic scale.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #93
JDym
Side-Kick

Daniel Alter ‏@DAlter007 3m
Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave.

http://www.twitter.com/jarwatchesfilms
Old 11-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #94
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Last edited by John-An; 11-15-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #95
TheQuestion

Quote:
Cool I have a new member to ignore
Hit a nerve? Why? Just got back from seeing Thor 2 and loved it. No bitterness on my front. I just prefer seeing DC characters taken more seriously, a more adult direction and ultimately a different take on the comics. Marvel do what they do and they do it very well. We are being spoilt in that are getting to see our favourite characters on the big screen. Best of both worlds IMO.

Quote:
There is simply no evidence to suggest that WB are lacking planning or forward thinking. People are confusing the lack of announcements as some sort of indication that WB are dropping the ball. With that said, I would prefer standalone films of top quality (The Dark Knight, Man Of Steel) than a forced continuity of connected films that are eventually going to run their course and run the risk suffocating and confusing audiences. All just my opinion of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Are you the same guy as the other the question?
No relation i'm afraid. Wasn't aware I already existed.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #96
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...an-vs-superman

6 YOUNGER ACTORS TO CONSIDER AS LEX LUTHOR

1. Jake Gyllenhaal (age 32) - Let's go back to the Warner Bros. pool of superheroes as they did for Lois Lane and Superman. Both Amy Adams and Henry Cavill were up for Lois and Superman previous to Man of Steel, respectively. While Kevin Spacey was the only Lex Luthor actor for Superman Returns, how about another Batman actor? Jake Gyllenhaal could fit the bill and has already sported the bald look.

2. Armie Hammer (age 27) - Hammer is currently teaming with Henry Cavill in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and was up for Batman as well in the 2008 defunct Justice League movie. Shave his head and now he's a bad guy! Hammer stands 6'5" and would make for a formidable Lex Luthor vs. Superman. Plus Armie Hammer has played the rich bad guy role in The Social Network.

3. Joquin Phoenix (age 39) - Played the bad guy in Gladiator; played Johnny Cash; the guy can do it all. Plus he has that mad power hungry look to fit Luthor. And the guy is just cool as hell.

4. Leonardo DiCaprio (age 39) - Back to the WB talent pool again as reportedly DiCaprio was wanted by the WB execs as the Riddler for Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. DiCaprio would be a huge name for the movie. And hey, maybe Luthor doesn't have to be bald.

5. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (age 32) - JGL's name has been associated with every role under the sun in Hollywood, so why not Lex Luthor? The guy is a heck of an actor and has sported the bald look as well. Maybe he's been turning down all the superhero roles to play the part of a bad guy.

6. Matt Damon (age 43) - Probably the most obvious choice to play Lex Luthor seeing his relationship with Ben Affleck. The two go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. Damon and Affleck are best friends and distant cousins. Damon also landed a small role in Christopher Nolan's Interstellar which can't be a coincidence. Could it be that Damon has already landed the role of Lex Luthor and everybody's being fed a bunch of follow-the-yellow-brick-road?!

IMO Matt Dammon, Leo Dicaprio , Joaquin Phoenix would be great choice as Lex Luthor

Last edited by John-An; 11-15-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #97
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Joaquin Phoenix is my #1 out of those. But I don't really believe that list.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #98
lime
Movie critic

Ok, THIS costume with THIS mask is pure perfection for Batman:

Old 11-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #99
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

That bat-symbol is awful. It should be smaller, and under the cape.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #100
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Is this from the art book?

Closed Thread