The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #101
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After seeing the behind-the-scenes look for MOS, I can't wait to see what that feature will be like for this film with Batman, especially if the film turns out to be epic and better received than MOS was.

I still hope that Snyder will really push forward in continuing clark's journey in this film and that most of the attention in the story won't go to Batman's introduction.

Honestly, I think if done right, these two iconic characters can really compliment each other well on a cinematic scale.

That's all we need

Old 11-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDym View Post
Daniel Alter ‏@DAlter007 3m
Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave.
So this guy is supposed to be a WB producer according to cbm. I wonder if this is some real info for the movie? Sounds believable.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #103
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
We don't know that DC lacks forward planning, we only know that very little forward planning has been revealed. It's possible that they have a precise plan and they want to reveal it in a manner that maximises marketing.

They've been very effective thus far. The Batman vs Superman announcement drowned out the Avengers 2, Cap 2, Thor 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy announcements at Comic Con. Ben Affleck being Batman took over the internet for a few days and was only removed once Miley Cyrus twerked at a music show. Conversely, it would be idiotic for them to just release a timeline of movies to the general public, that would be a lost opportunity.
I agree with this.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #104
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
After seeing the behind-the-scenes look for MOS, I can't wait to see what that feature will be like for this film with Batman, especially if the film turns out to be epic and better received than MOS was.

I still hope that Snyder will really push forward in continuing clark's journey in this film and that most of the attention in the story won't go to Batman's introduction.

Honestly, I think if done right, these two iconic characters can really compliment each other well on a cinematic scale.

Won't happen. One (or both) of these characters is going to get shortchanged somewhere (unless it's a 4 hour movie). Unfortunate, but them's the politics of the need to continue developing one iconic, lead character (and they DO need to continue developing Clark), whilst simultaneously introducing a brand new, iconic, lead character in the same film.

It's like trying to shoehorn 3 fully developed villains into one film (SM3). There is no "if done right" in that case, because due to time constraints, one, or all of these characters will be shortchanged, no matter the facility/skill level of the director/writer.

Really wish they would have done a solo bat film before going through with this mess.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #105
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

That's all we need
Buzzman & Superwoody.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #106
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
So this guy is supposed to be a WB producer according to cbm. I wonder if this is some real info for the movie? Sounds believable.
I looked him up on IMDBPro and he is a producer but he wasn't attached to Man of Steel nor is he listed as being involved with BvS.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #107
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I looked him up on IMDBPro and he is a producer but he wasn't attached to Man of Steel nor is he listed as being involved with BvS.
I wonder if he's heard something or has seen some of the script, then? Something I don't like is the drones idea, so I hope that's not true.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #108
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I wonder if he's heard something or has seen some of the script, then? Something I don't like is the drones idea, so I hope that's not true.
Could be or he is thinking about Kingdom ComeÖin that book Batman controls drones that protect Gotham.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #109
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Could be or he is thinking about Kingdom ComeÖin that book Batman controls drones that protect Gotham.

Oh good, I hope so. The drones are okay for an old Batman, but not for a late 30s-40s one.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #110
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
We don't know that DC lacks forward planning, we only know that very little forward planning has been revealed. It's possible that they have a precise plan and they want to reveal it in a manner that maximises marketing.

They've been very effective thus far. The Batman vs Superman announcement drowned out the Avengers 2, Cap 2, Thor 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy announcements at Comic Con. Ben Affleck being Batman took over the internet for a few days and was only removed once Miley Cyrus twerked at a music show. Conversely, it would be idiotic for them to just release a timeline of movies to the general public, that would be a lost opportunity.
Agreed on all of this. Don't do it the same as Marvel, but still have variety.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #111
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDym View Post
Daniel Alter ‏@DAlter007 3m
Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave.
So we go from a confirmed "seasoned Batman who's been active for a several years" to a "semi-retired Batman controlling drones(Oh drones! Those are popular right now!) from the Batcave."

And didn't Snyder(or someone actually involved in the movie) already say we're not getting anything like DKR?

Hogswallop.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #112
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Is this from the art book?
from the ibook (Itunes) if you want to see more..
check this page...
https://www.facebook.com/supermanjav...ref=ts&fref=ts

Old 11-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #113
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Oh good, I hope so. The drones are okay for an old Batman, but not for a late 30s-40s one.
Agreed!!

Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #114
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
So we go from a confirmed "seasoned Batman who's been active for a several years" to a "semi-retired Batman controlling drones(Oh drones! Those are popular right now!) from the Batcave."

And didn't Snyder(or someone actually involved in the movie) already say we're not getting anything like DKR?

Hogswallop.
I think that part was what he'd wanted to see... not a confirmation, I mean he's giving his ideas but doesn't mean its what's happening..
Snyder said that World's Finest has nothing to do with TDKR...

Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #115
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

holy **** i just had a thought. what if supes fights these drones ala fleischer's superman vs the mechanical monsters?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #116
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Kingdom Come Batman would be cool.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #117
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Given that we're supposed to have this Batman show up in the JL movies to come, I don't want Kingdom Come Batman. He's far too old. I think it's strange to have him be as old as they're doing already, but the KC Batman is AARP old.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #118
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I don't get why anybody in the industry would leak any sort of information on any big project from the personal social media accounts. Great way to get unofficially blacklisted. Not to mention it reeks pathetically of wanting attention.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #119
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

they're not going to be literal about taking inspiration from kc or any other book.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #120
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Given that we're supposed to have this Batman show up in the JL movies to come, I don't want Kingdom Come Batman. He's far too old. I think it's strange to have him be as old as they're doing already, but the KC Batman is AARP old.
It seems obvious they aren't making Ben Affleck look extremely old but they can still have that Kingdom Come mentality for Bruce (IE being grumpy and snarky as all hell). If this is Superman vs Batman, he's also gonna need a high powered suit.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #121
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post

holy **** i just had a thought. what if supes fights these drones ala fleischer's superman vs the mechanical monsters?

If Batman creates drones to help in the fight against Superman, then I'd be okay with that. Makes sense. I just don't want them taking his place around Gotham.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #122
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
from the ibook (Itunes) if you want to see more..
check this page...
https://www.facebook.com/supermanjav...ref=ts&fref=ts
Awesome! The language is so fascinating. There is a lot more included in there than I thought there'd be.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #123
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

That's all we need
I know that what's done is done, but the legendary Superman/Batman chemistry, in the hands of a quirky, smart writer like Whedon or Edgar Wright... sigh, it could be something else. Not just the somber, ideological implications of the relationship, but also the personalities themselves, and the fun that's to be had by juxtaposing them. I don't think Goyer can write a lively, "fun" script with a gun to his head. I hope he lightens up and delivers MORE than what people expect. Look at the imagination and creativity that relationships like Tony/Banner in Avengers spark in audiences, or Thor/Loki, Ironman/Cap, Black Widow/Hawkeye... it engages people, it leads them to produce fanart, write fanfiction, imagine new scenarios. Supes and Bats lend themselves to that soooo much, and I hope they exploit it.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 11-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #124
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
What a fascist.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #125
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I know that what's done is done, but the legendary Superman/Batman chemistry, in the hands of a quirky, smart writer like Whedon or Edgar Wright... sigh, it could be something else. Not just the somber, ideological implications of the relationship, but also the personalities themselves, and the fun that's to be had by juxtaposing them. I don't think Goyer can write a lively, "fun" script with a gun to his head. I hope he lightens up and delivers MORE than what people expect. Look at the imagination and creativity that relationships like Tony/Banner in Avengers spark in audiences, or Thor/Loki, Ironman/Cap, Black Widow/Hawkeye... it engages people, it leads them to produce fanart, write fanfiction, imagine new scenarios. Supes and Bats lend themselves to that soooo much, and I hope they exploit it.
He writes that Da Vinci show...