The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 05-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 51

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 50

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden
I thought they should've let Strucker get away and join Zemo and Crossbones in CW...
Agreed, Raiden. I would've liked to have seen him in Civil War.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
That's the thing, have their numbers really dwindled? They were assumed defunct after WWII, only to reemerge even stronger than before. SO it's more likely that they've scattered/gone underground again and are just waiting for another strong leader (like Zemo for example) to unite them again. As for the line, well:

-Red Skull is defeated, Arnim Zola and Alexander Pierce take his place.

-They're dealt with, and Baron Strucker, John Garrett, Daniel Whitehall, etc take their place.

-THEY'RE dealt with, and we'll see.
yeah but Strucker is like the top of the food chain.. all that's left is really Viper/Madame Hydra. There's no one else

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #5
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
AIM is the modern version of HYDRA in the comics right? But I thought IM3 made it out to be just related to Killian and not associated with HYDRA. But who knows how theyll link things up in the future.
um no, it is an offshoot though. The both co-exist and AIM kinda went it's own way.. AIM typically deals more with genetics. and tech... which is why there are deep ties to Hulk and MODOK is often the head of AIM.

Zemo Sr. basically founded it.. and used it for his strange experiments

Old 05-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

spideyboy: Ahh I see. Thanks for the info!

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #7
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
spideyboy: Ahh I see. Thanks for the info!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Idea_Mechanics

edit, i was wrong.. Zemo doesn't seem to have the connection i thought he had to AIM... ? though i could have sworn he had an association...

Strucker actually teaters on both sides of AIM and Hydra

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 05-11-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
Art Freak
Devourer of Worlds

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I know it's generally disliked around these parts that Marvel has a lot of "fake deaths" but I'm not entirely convinced that Strucker is dead. We just saw a photo. Strucker's whole part was about living to fight another day. I think he saw an opportunity to make it look like Ultron killed him. Who knows?

I would also argue that "all the fake deaths" aren't actually that many and are all pretty unique and different situations from each other. Also, these are based on comic books so...

Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Strucker was better in The Winter Solider. He seemed weaker in this.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #10
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Joss wrote/directed TWS scene. It was done on purpose to tease people into thinking he was gonna be some tough villain.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Age of Ultron released yesterday in Mainland China. Going to see it hopefully this Saturday in IMAX. I can't miss this.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #12
Sleiek
Side-Kick

So I went to see it again, but in IMAX 3D this time.

Got a poster that is different to what I saw someone posted in this forum.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
Spiderine
Sho nuff

Looks like there will be a rotating carousel of Hydra leaders. And Im sure AIM still exist too. Zemo will probably be the next man in charge in Civil War. That will likely be all we hear from them as the MCU focuses more on Thanos and the cosmic stuff leading into IW.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #14
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

I hope the MCU villains continue to get better and better. They need really interesting bad guys not just evil acting mannequins.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #15
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post
Hey that's my line! Saw it for the 2nd (and last in theaters) time today. My first time going to IMAX (my town just got one last year).

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #16
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Hey that's my line! Saw it for the 2nd (and last in theaters) time today. My first time going to IMAX (my town just got one last year).
Haha. I must have missed it.

But I have heard similar statements repeatedly in this thread after people go watch it several times.

Yeah IMAX is truly a terrific experience. I always watch "big" movies in IMAX.

Hopefully yours is a real IMAX and not Lie-MAX. Every single theater in my city are making efforts to have a lie-IMAX screen, but I always go this one theater downtown which is true IMAX - Massive screen, Steeper seating arrangement, terrific speaker system.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #17
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
Age of Ultron released yesterday in Mainland China. Going to see it hopefully this Saturday in IMAX. I can't miss this.
Enjoy!! Btw, how come Furious 7 was so popular over there? Was there a real craze to see it compared to other films of recent years?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #18
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I think there were 5 Imax posters. ALL look pretty cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiek View Post

Got a poster that is different to what I saw someone posted in this forum.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #19
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

My bad, there were 4. I like this one

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #20
Sleiek
Side-Kick

I liked that white one too. I looked visibly upset I didn't get the white one above and my friend noticed it. lol. And I showed him this picture on my phone.

So the red one I got was already posted? I only noticed the white one.. Could you show me the other ones? Nevermind: Found them.

But I gotta say, I think the one I have changes color.

Last edited by Sleiek; 05-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Sleiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #21
BoysWillBeBoyz
New User - Level 0

Cool Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Guys, would love and appreciate if everyone checked out episode 3 of my Boys Will Be Boyz podcast! We reviewed Age Of Ultron and it was pretty hilarious. Thanks in advance!

It would be great for me if anyone who listens could give it a rate and their thoughts on iTunes as I'm just starting out.

https://soundcloud.com/boys-will-be-...yz-ep3-avenger

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...st/id990535655

BoysWillBeBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #22
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.

haha thanks!!! okay!!

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #23
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
Looks like there will be a rotating carousel of Hydra leaders. And Im sure AIM still exist too. Zemo will probably be the next man in charge in Civil War. That will likely be all we hear from them as the MCU focuses more on Thanos and the cosmic stuff leading into IW.
but according to the Agents of Shield Season 2 Finale, Grant Ward is the new leader of Hydra, so how can Zemo be the next man in Charge in Civil War when Grant Ward is now leading Hydra.

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #24
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
but according to the Agents of Shield Season 2 Finale, Grant Ward is the new leader of Hydra, so how can Zemo be the next man in Charge in Civil War when Grant Ward is now leading Hydra.
I wouldn't say *THE* new leader, I'd say *A* new leader...remember, multiple heads tend to pop up when one gets cut down

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #25
Best
Side-Kicker

They can make Ward seem as vital [as a leader] all they want. The films will find someone appearing 10x more important/Ward look like a ghost as evident by AoU (which I didn't mind btw).

Best is offline   Reply With Quote