Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 21

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 21

Stark is going to create Ultron but with the rumor about Thor breaking up with Jane, I'm guessing that all of the Avengers are going to be somewhat responsible for Ultron. They are probably spent fighting the battles without SHIELD, and Tony bankrolling them.

Stark is definitely the guy that makes him, but I think most of the Avengers with maybe the exceptions of Cap and Hawkeye will go along with it, and maybe even encourage Stark to build it. Tony is definitely going to be the driving force on building it, and I'm guessing possibly at the beginning of the movie, he will not be Iron Man and will step back in the suit toward the middle to end of the film.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Man can you guys imagine Spader's voice coming out of THAT? That is gonna be sick. Its already freakin creepy looking. This has potential to be one of the greatest on screen villains we've seen.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 22

Love your sig quote, TeeKay.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I' just so excited. This is me right now.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Why are people over at CBM say IM3 and TIH are irrelevant and add nothing in the MCU?
I love TIH but it does seem like Marvel themselves have tried to distance themselves from it for example I've noticed in the GOTG tv spots they say 'from the studio that gave you The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. No mention of poor TIH .

Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

It's easy to ignore it. With ignoring the recasting, we can all just assume and guess what Ruffalo's Hulk's history is just making an amalgam of knowledge we have from comics and past movies.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 07-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Love your sig quote, TeeKay.
It's the truth by the genius himself. #InWhedonWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
I love TIH but it does seem like Marvel themselves have tried to distance themselves from it for example I've noticed in the GOTG tv spots they say 'from the studio that gave you The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. No mention of poor TIH .
I know they have but my question was it's sihnificance to the MCU. I'm having a discussion with some folk over at CBM who said IM3 and TIH have no significance to the MCU whatsoever and I disagree.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

I know they have but my question was it's sihnificance to the MCU. I'm having a discussion with some folk over at CBM who said IM3 and TIH have no significance to the MCU whatsoever and I disagree.
IM3 I would say does, though it isn't exactly IM, TWS or Thor.

TIH has no significance anymore. The Banner is a very different character (not just actor), with a story and characters that have had no relevance outside of that film. Wheres Betty?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel is in fact distancing themselves from it. They had to get a new actor, the movie didn't do great at the BO. Unless that "thing" Hulk is supposed to fight in this movie that Serkis was brought on to do the motioncap for is the Abomination, there's no real connection to the rest of the MCU other than a few throwaway lines in Avengers. Paraphrasing, "Last time I was in New York, I kind of broke Harlem". Then there is the other piece of dialogue where he talks about putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Sadly, that scene wasn't included in TIH.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

lol discussions...on CBM funny lol :P

Old 07-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

Both are very significant to the MCU. With IM3 you have the whole drone thing, and extremis. Then TIH set up some stuff with the super soldier serum, the connected universe (SHIELD and whatnot), it established the banner character, showed us that hulk is a hero, and showed that banner had some control of the hulk in the end of the film.

The one character that I would've liked to see return from TIH is General Ross. He should be an important figure in these films. Maybe he could show up in Agents of SHIELD

Old 07-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I'd still gladly watch TIH in a MCU movie marathon.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #15
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Stark is going to create Ultron but with the rumor about Thor breaking up with Jane, I'm guessing that all of the Avengers are going to be somewhat responsible for Ultron. They are probably spent fighting the battles without SHIELD, and Tony bankrolling them.

Stark is definitely the guy that makes him, but I think most of the Avengers with maybe the exceptions of Cap and Hawkeye will go along with it, and maybe even encourage Stark to build it. Tony is definitely going to be the driving force on building it, and I'm guessing possibly at the beginning of the movie, he will not be Iron Man and will step back in the suit toward the middle to end of the film.
Ya, that's what I was talking about earlier. Makes a ton of sense and I hope they struggle mightily with the decision.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #16
P Supreme
Side-Kick

I would love to see Ross in these movies I prefer Sam Elliot's Ross to Hurt's Though
(Don't suspend me ) lol

Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #17
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
IM3 I would say does, though it isn't exactly IM, TWS or Thor.

TIH has no significance anymore. The Banner is a very different character (not just actor), with a story and characters that have had no relevance outside of that film. Wheres Betty?
To be fair Banner in TA referenced the events of that film though. And it was referenced both in IM2 and TA as well. It still exists within the MCU but seems like Marvel wants nothing to do with it (judging with the GOTG marketing campaign). Why some of the MCU films and tv show still reference that film, remains to be seen.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #18
Pond
Side-Kick

Ultron looks FANTASTIC! Still, the image is kinda funny. Im tempted to scream at Cap and Stark "You idiots! Dont stare at me! They are right behind you!"

Old 07-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
TIH is one of my favorites, but it's not a hit at the BO. That's why it's not listed. People need to stop reading into it more than that.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

A bit higher res...

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/919...n-first-photos

Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #21
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Both are very significant to the MCU. With IM3 you have the whole drone thing, and extremis. Then TIH set up some stuff with the super soldier serum, the connected universe (SHIELD and whatnot), it established the banner character, showed us that hulk is a hero, and showed that banner had some control of the hulk in the end of the film.

The one character that I would've liked to see return from TIH is General Ross. He should be an important figure in these films. Maybe he could show up in Agents of SHIELD
It is a very different Banner character. Also Hulk the hero and Bruce in control are both also introduced in The Avengers. I'd even say both are done far more effectively in The Avengers. So yeah, when you think about it, almost completely irrelevant.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #22
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It is a very different Banner character. Also Hulk the hero and Bruce in control are both also introduced in The Avengers. I'd even say both are done far more effectively in The Avengers. So yeah, when you think about it, almost completely irrelevant.
It's not though. Plot points from that movie have been discussed in The Avengers and even Agents of Shield. It's just not prominently featured because it struggled at the BO and they don't want to be completely married to it.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #23
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

The Incredible Hulk may not be MCU's strongest outing, but I still very much enjoy it.

"You experience things, and then they're over."
Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #24
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
A bit higher res...

Wow, it really does feel like they took TWS suit, recolored it, and added a bunch of bits.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 07-16-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Man they VFX guys did a great job hiding Scarjo's baby bump.

Closed Thread