The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: What do YOU think Thor Dark World will do?
500 Million 8 7.08%
550 Million 10 8.85%
600 Million 10 8.85%
650 Million 10 8.85%
700 Million 17 15.04%
750 Million 16 14.16%
800 Million 22 19.47%
850 Million 8 7.08%
900 Million 3 2.65%
950 Million 1 0.88%
1 Billion plus 8 7.08%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #351
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Default Re: Early Thor Darkworld box-office predictions - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideguy View Post
If people make dumb predictions on box office am I not supposed to call it out? OK I will just ignore those and say The hobbit 2 will make 7 billion worldwide whohhhoooooo. Yessssss Its great I know it will make 7 billion! Why cause I love the HOBBIT! Its gonna make so much money there will be riots at all the theaters and people will turn into dwarfs!

Now that would be a silly prediction and I would hope people would call me a dope for making it. And I would admit it.

Your dealing with Thor fanboys here. Even if this film made 150 million total at the DOMESTIC box office they would consider the film a "success".

The reality is, this film is just not very good and the box office numbers are about right for a Marvel film that isn't very good. The only saving grace for Thor is that he is a member of the "Avengers".

If the film was actually good and had great word of mouth it would have made the 300 million domestic some people were projecting and what Disney may have actually was aiming for since the budget was probably around 185-200 million plus marketing add another 50-70 million conservatively speaking.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #352
eeffos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Your dealing with Thor fanboys here. Even if this film made 150 million total at the DOMESTIC box office they would consider the film a "success".

The reality is, this film is just not very good and the box office numbers are about right for a Marvel film that isn't very good. The only saving grace for Thor is that he is a member of the "Avengers".

If the film was actually good and had great word of mouth it would have made the 300 million domestic some people were projecting and what Disney may have actually was aiming for since the budget was probably around 185-200 million plus marketing add another 50-70 million conservatively speaking.
How many times are you going to repeat yourself. Over and over you post the same thoughts (Thor is a huge disappointment). We get it!
And yes you are dealing with Thor fan boys....this is a Thor thread Sherlock, who did you think you'd be discussing this movie with.
I don't think anybody would of had a problem with someone coming in here saying they were disappointed in the movie, but I know we are having a problem with someone who continues to post over and over and over again the same negative crap. You and one or two others have an agenda to push your feeling about this movie on everybody else! Gripes man, do a history on your posts, all are negative, it gets old.
If this movie is such a disaster to you and a few others than move on, let's us follow the box office and determine for ourselves what we think, because we know now you and you posting buddy are sooooooo distraught with this movie's performance .

Old 11-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #353
Moonwing
Side-Kick

If this is flop and disaster than, well, Paramount should just behead ST franchise after this years "flop" of STiD.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #354
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:

This is the kind of post that will create bad atmosphere in a thread. What's good and bad is subjective and not function of how much money a movie will bring in, so to try to claim that it is together with calling other people fanboys and making straw man arguments is just trollish behavior. Not that it's different from some other posts you've made in this section.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #355
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, you are right. I agree with you. And with this next year will be marvel`s studio fiasco as non will do 300 dom and 800-1bil ww (only this numbers are good marvel movie numbers according to you). They may close studio altogether.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #356
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:

Are you purposely trying to stir ***** up? Dealing with Nolan fanboys is ridiculous. The movie is on course to make $600M, in what world is that a flop? You come to a Thor thread and start talking bull and then get all worked up when people disagree with you. It's one thing to express criticism, it's another entirely to be insulting and trying to stir **** up. You're the 3rd Nolanite to come here and do that. No wonder there's that joke of, "I like your Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites." You guys are annoying.

Last edited by Feenix; 11-28-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #357
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Well, you are right. I agree with you. And with this next year will be marvel`s studio fiasco as non will do 300 dom and 800-1bil ww (only this numbers are good marvel movie numbers according to you). They may close studio altogether.
Edit: Sarcasm

Last edited by Feenix; 11-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #358
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Your last part Marvel won't close its studio because this movie isn't a flop. Even if it was, they still wouldn't close their studio. Disney owns Marvel and they just got past the $4B mark. They'll keep Marel studios open.
It was sarcasm...

Old 11-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #359
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
It was sarcasm...
I didn't catch that. My apologies.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #360
superion
Side-Kick

Quote:

I doubt Disney was expecting $300 million domestic for this film. Only hardcore fans would think it could do that. If the last Superman and Spider-man movies fell short of $300 million Thor was never going to get there. The first film only made $180 million domestically no one could seriously expect a 40 to 50% increase in box office and the pre-release tracking never showed it ever had a chance of doing that.

At best Disney was probably expecting the same increase for Thor as IM3 got which is 33%. That would have put it at $240 million. The poor reviews may have prevented it from doing better. It will still make $200 to $205. It under performed but it was hardly a crappy performance.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #361
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=NoLaNitE007;27296167]Your dealing with Thor fanboys here. Even if this film made 150 million total at the DOMESTIC box office they would consider the film a "success".

If the film was actually good and had great word of mouth it would have made the 300 million domestic some people were projecting and what Disney may have actually was aiming for since the budget was probably around 185-200 million plus marketing add another 50-70 million conservatively speaking.[/QUOTEIt is good enough to outgross the original and make 500 million WW,
All in two weeks time .
A sequel is assured.
That is all that matters.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #362
eeffos
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=Mysteryman;27297325]
Quote:

If the film was actually good and had great word of mouth it would have made the 300 million domestic some people were projecting and what Disney may have actually was aiming for since the budget was probably around 185-200 million plus marketing add another 50-70 million conservatively speaking.[/QUOTEIt is good enough to outgross the original and make 500 million WW,
All in two weeks time .
A sequel is assured.
That is all that matters.
What are you doing, cutting and posting from your previous posts??? How many times are you going to repeat that this film isn't very good??? You post the same thing over and over! Good god man, we get it, in your opinion this film sucked, just tell us once, not over and over and over!

Old 11-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #363
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
I didn't catch that. My apologies.
NP, it`s just sad that some of this thread posters make my sarcasm look like a real, honest to god opinion. This movie will fall short to my prediction of 650 but only by 20-30 mil so I am content and I bet MS/Dis are too, it would be a sad days when 600+ movies will be considered as "flops" or "disappointments".

Old 11-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #364
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Notice it's these new guys with a few posts who go around just bashing certain studio films in certain threads just to get a kick out of their lives for whatever reason. I'm sure they were banned and these are their new names. Hopefully history repeats itself and these guys will be banned. Where's Mr. Lee!!!

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #365
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Box Office Mojo is predicting a $16 M 5 day weekend, which would put Thor: The Dark World at $187 M at the beginning of next week.

Last edited by KangConquers; 11-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #366
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=eeffos;27297407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post

What are you doing, cutting and posting from your previous posts??? How many times are you going to repeat that this film isn't very good??? You post the same thing over and over! Good god man, we get it, in your opinion this film sucked, just tell us once, not over and over and over!
I quoted NoLaNite E007 as a way of responding to him , he was not repeating his previous post.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 11-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #367
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Box Office Mojo is predicting a $16 M 5 day weekend, which would put Thor: The Dark World at $187 M at the beginning of next week.
Not a bad place to be,IMO

Old 11-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #368
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
It had no competition for two weeks. NONE. This is what he means by blinders it was not tracking well prior to hunger games kicking in. Look at the numbers. And we have just as much right to point out the negatives as you do the positives.
Best Man Holiday,
was initially estimated to do 35 million in its opening weekend , TDWs second.
It didnt end up acheiving that number but when you have two films in the 30 million dollar range battling it out for number one , they are competing with one another .
They dont have to be in the same genre to be competitors .

Old 11-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #369
insideguy
Banned User

Quote:
Best Man Holiday,
was initially estimated to do 35 million in its opening weekend , TDWs second.
It didnt end up acheiving that number but when you have two films in the 30 million dollar range battling it out for number one , they are competing with one another .
They dont have to be in the same genre to be competitors .
Point taken but lets be honest here best mans holiday is no world war z or monster U or frozen by any means.

Last edited by insideguy; 11-28-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #370
PokeJ
Side-Kick

GTFOH Nolanite troll.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #371
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

True, but BMH made back four times its production costs on its opening weekeend , and secured a sequel virtually overnight .
When one of those blockbusters you mentioned does that , we call them Hits.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #372
insideguy
Banned User

Quote:
True, but BMH made back four times its production costs on its opening weekeend , and secured a sequel virtually overnight .
When one of those blockbusters you mentioned does that , we call them Hits.
A hit like BMH is profitable but as far as providing competition on the level of those films mentioned it doesnt put the same amount of butts in the seats. Hell best man was released on 2000 less screens than thor.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #373
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

TDWs WW box office practically guarantees it a sequel.
So , its a hit, too.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #374
insideguy
Banned User

Quote:
TDWs WW box office practically guarantees it a sequel.
So , its a hit, too.
My argument was never that it was not a hit. My argument was that those who predicted box office numbers much larger were not realistic. And also the appeal of thor in the states is limited. I truly believe that they are going to have to something much different for the third movie or it will flop. If they go with the same formula they will be in trouble.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #375
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
My argument was never that it was not a hit. My argument was that those who predicted box office numbers much larger were not realistic. And also the appeal of thor in the states is limited. I truly believe that they are going to have to something much different for the third movie or it will flop. If they go with the same formula they will be in trouble.
With that- I agree, third one if good may do 250-270 but only if really good. And yep Thor and his world, are limited in appeal, it`s the case not only with movies but with comic too- some people find him just silly and do not bother to find more.

Closed Thread