The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #151
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I won't lie, I take that as complete BS because of how contradictory the internal logic of the film was in terms of Kryptonite's effectiveness.
Kryptonite has always been contradictory…even in the comics.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #152
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
Some supposed rumors from a guy claiming to talk to another guy working on the Batman vs Superman movie:

From Reddit btw...

http://www.reddit.com/r/batman/comme...ive_been_told/
I don't buy this…
with the amount of secrecy surrounding this film no one is just going to read the script.
the person didn't reveal anything we didn't already know or guess. Im probably not explaining myself so i will use an example: WB allows you to read the script to this movie and you can tell people…do you think you'll talk about Batman's screen time or how Batman is older…or would you tell us about the villain…or a cool action piece.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #153
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
only an hour? how long is this movie going to be?
Before anyone criticizes that, 1 hour of screentime is ALOT when you think about it.

Even if its not a full hour of screentime, so much as him just being in an hour length of the film, thats still alot.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #154
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Before anyone criticizes that, 1 hour of screentime is ALOT when you think about it.

Even if its not a full hour of screentime, so much as him just being in an hour length of the film, thats still alot.
le sigh...sounds like too much to me. I want a Superman's sequel, but I guess I shouldn't expect that if Batman is even in the movie. I'm actually hoping we don't actually "see" Batman right away. I want him to be in the shadows for most of the movie until he decides to come out.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #155
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, this really depends on how much and how they plan on using Batman in this film. His inclusion, if done right, could really compliment Superman's character to a great extent, or hurt him if done wrong.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #156
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

What I don't want is a Batman movie, yet I just feel they'll make the character dominate like he always does whenever they are teamed up. Add this to the fact Superman is "inexperienced" and...le sigh. I hope for the best, but I'm prepared for the worse.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of Bruce, but keeps Bats in the dark for a while.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #157
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
What I don't want is a Batman movie, yet I just feel they'll make the character dominate like he always does whenever they are teamed up. Add this to the fact Superman is "inexperienced" and...le sigh. I hope for the best, but I'm prepared for the worse.
Well, one possible good scenario that some of us have imagined is that, due to Batman being a weary person by the start of this film, Superman's actions and character may instill a renewed sense of hope in him by the conclusion of the film, and if that happens, then that'll definitely be complimentary for Superman's character.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #158
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, one possible good scenario that some of us have imagined is that, due to Batman being a weary person by the start of this film, Superman's actions and character may instill a renewed sense of hope in him by the conclusion of the film, and if that happens, then that'll definitely be complimentary for Superman's character.
I could see that...yet they aren't planning on making him Dark Knight old right? I mean Affleck is what like 45 or something? He couldn't really play that weary Bats. At least I don't think he could...lol

Old 11-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #159
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

that's what i was getting at. it wasn't complaining about the time. i just thought that it was a weird comment to make.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #160
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I could deal with 30 minutes of Bruce at the beginning and 30 minutes of Bats at the end. Anymore and you might as well call it his movie.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #161
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
only an hour? how long is this movie going to be?
Heath Ledger's face or voice (so I'll be generous when describing "screentime") was in TDK for under 30 minutes. 20% of the movie's runtime.

An hour of screentime is 40% of a 2.5-hr movie. An hour is a hell of a lot for someone who's supposedly not the main lead.

That's even more Batman than the most Batman-in-costume Batman movie, which was B89.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #162
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
I could deal with 30 minutes of Bruce at the beginning and 30 minutes of Bats at the end. Anymore and you might as well call it his movie.
I feel like that's pretty much what we got in the Nolan movies.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #163
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
I could see that...yet they aren't planning on making him Dark Knight old right? I mean Affleck is what like 45 or something? He couldn't really play that weary Bats. At least I don't think he could...lol
Older not old, there's a difference. Affleck's actual age is irrelevant, all Batman has to be is at most five years older the Superman for the world weary concept of Batman to work.

*splat*
Old 11-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #164
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Also, Superman was 33 during MOS. Bruce Wayne could have (and most likely has) been active as Batman since his mid-20s, hence the "seasoned" aspect of this new interpretation. He doesn't have to be much older than Superman by any means.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #165
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Heath Ledger's face or voice (so I'll be generous when describing "screentime") was in TDK for under 30 minutes. 20% of the movie's runtime.

An hour of screentime is 40% of a 2.5-hr movie. An hour is a hell of a lot for someone who's supposedly not the main lead.

That's even more Batman than the most Batman-in-costume Batman movie, which was B89.
Yep. Just another completely BS rumor making the rounds. No point even discussing it. Even I, a huge Batman fan, know that 1hr of screentime is WAY too much for him in this film.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #166
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yep. Just another completely BS rumor making the rounds. No point even discussing it. Even I, a huge Batman fan, know that 1hr of screentime is WAY too much for him in this film.
It's amazing that the person reporting this apparently already knows how the movie will be edited. Even if Batman was involved in 60 pages of the script, that could still be cut to 30 minutes or less by the end of post.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #167
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
It's amazing that the person reporting this apparently already knows how the movie will be edited. Even if Batman was involved in 60 pages of the script, that could still be cut to 30 minutes or less by the end of post.
The person reporting this knows nothing. Either he's trolling and looking for attention, or he's been trolled by some other creep on the Internet.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #168
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
The person reporting this knows nothing. Either he's trolling and looking for attention, or he's been trolled by some other creep on the Internet.
Yep. That's not even realistic info that Goyer could estimate. He's probably still building toward their final draft anyway.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #169
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Ya, they don't just let random people working on the movie read the script lol.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #170
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

They don't even let actors/actresses know what role that they're auditioning for. Haha!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #171
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Affleck's 41. But he could be playing Bruce in his mid 40s for all we know. Henry is 30 and playing a 34 year old Clark in Batman vs Superman.

I think there will be some Dini influence but maybe the main inspiration behind it all is some younger/stripped down version of Kingdom Come. Instead of Miller's DKR.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #172
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Kryptonite has always been contradictory…even in the comics.
Even more so in SR (disregarding the supercharge argument bc of this discrepancy). How did we go from exposed Kryptonite in land mass = Lex and his goons can beat a weakened Superman in the (anti)climactic battle to, exposed Kryptonite in land mass = Superman shrugs it off?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #173
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Even more so in SR (disregarding the supercharge argument bc of this discrepancy). How did we go from exposed Kryptonite in land mass = Lex and his goons can beat a weakened Superman in the (anti)climactic battle to, exposed Kryptonite in land mass = Superman shrugs it off?
The same way that Superman in Man of Steel was able to ignore the Kryptonian atmosphere around the world builder in the Indian Ocean.

The same way that Superman in S:TM was able to spontaneously travel back in time to save Lois.

The same way that Superman in Superman vs The Elite was able to beat up the Elite in the last 10 minutes, even though they had been whooping his ass the entire movie.

The same way that Superman in the DCAU frequently beats up Darkseid, but only after Darkseid is first shown to be a lot stronger.

And so on and so fourth. He always finds a second strength when the plot demands it. That's what makes him Superman.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #174
smashmode
House Stark

One of the things from that reddit rumor that I want to be true is the Arkham suit.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #175
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Yep. That's not even realistic info that Goyer could estimate. He's probably still building toward their final draft anyway.
I have a feeling the final draft is already done and sent to all the people involved. Goyer has said they are farther along than people think.

Closed Thread