Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #76
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Time to Scream! - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Don't see the controversy. There is no way he would catch that ball. It was an awful pass by Brady. If the defender did not hold Gronokowski, he would not have caught it. Panthers won fair and square, time to get over it Boston, your precious Brady screwed up

Even if you take P.I. out of the equation due to the "uncatchable ball" theory, it's at least defensive holding/illegal contact down field. I generally loathe and detest all things Boston sports-related, but even I'll confess to that.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #77
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Looking at ESPN today, I had no idea that there was so much division in that Redskins locker room. People don't like RG3. RG3 doesn't like the Shanahans. Whoa.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #78
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Where is this? I'm not seeing that anywhere

Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #79
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

It's been on ESPN today. There are things brought up like Santana Moss pretty much saying that RG3 (during his post-game conference last Sunday) needs to take responsibility instead of blaming others. There is talk about how the Shanahans don't have control of the locker room. RG3 gets hit and none of the teammates help him up, etc.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #80
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
It's been on ESPN today. There are things brought up like Santana Moss pretty much saying that RG3 (during his post-game conference last Sunday) needs to take responsibility instead of blaming others. There is talk about how the Shanahans don't have control of the locker room. RG3 gets hit and none of the teammates help him up, etc.
I saw that lol an Eagle player and referee had to help up RG3.

I'll say it though, RG3 has always appeared fake and pompous to me. I mean, remember last year when a washington journalist compared him to Cam? RG3 was insulted. He wanted to be compared to Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. I LOL'ed. All he did was throw screens, dump-offs and 4-8 yard underneath routes and somehow he viewed himself as an elite-level QB. Thank the football gods he's getting exposed this season.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #81
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

If this is more than just a sophomore slump, then I will be highly disappointed. The Redskins were one of my favorite teams to watch. Even though I'm not a fan, I fell into the RG3 hype as well.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #82
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
If this is more than just a sophomore slump, then I will be highly disappointed. The Redskins were one of my favorite teams to watch. Even though I'm not a fan, I fell into the RG3 hype as well.
Him and Kaepernick are gonna have to step it up in the off-season. Without The Pistol, they are having trouble passing the ball in the pocket. Mainly because RG3 and Kaep are one-read QBs. That has to change ASAP. If they can't go through their progressions, they'll end up like Pryor (great athlete; subpar passer) who has already lost his starting job to an UDFA.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #83
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

I was shocked that Pryor already got demoted. And yeah, those two need to step it up. Washington bet the whole farm for him. And for Kaepernick, I don't know what the f*** his problem is. He can actually throw vertical and accurate. Now, 9 out of 10 passes get bailed out by Boldin.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #84
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Deadspin's Jambaroo this week focused on whether RGIII is a douchebag. It's a pretty good read. The best comment (supposedly) came from Mike Florio:

"I checked urban dictionary. Of the seven options, this one caught my eye: 'An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.' Under that definition, it seems like some of Griffin’s teammates would be inclined to apply the label. I’ll defer to their expertise—or to Mike Shanahan’s opinion after he is fired next month."

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #85
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Interesting article about the Bears and Jay Cutler's contract situation in the offseason.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-be...165833597.html

I wonder if the Ravens are regretting Flacco's contract?

Third highest paid QB in the NFL and his team is 4-6. He's also thrown a career high 13 INT.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #86
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

This is why during the off-season, I was laughing my ass off when some people thought Flacco and Ryan deserved their huge contracts. Some were like "Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and even Roethlisberger have these 100+ contracts. Why can't they?" The answer is obvious. Even for Flacco who was fresh off a Super Bowl MVP hype, he didn't that money. Kudos to his agent for hopping on it and taking advantage of the organization having no foresight.

And yeah, after all the hype of last year for the Redskins and now they are where they are now, somebody has to take the fall and it won't be RG3 for obvious reasons. The Shanahans are out of there by the end of December unless a miracle of all miracles happens in the NFC East (which sadly isn't out of the question quite yet).

Old 11-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #87
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

How many QBs after receiving a huge contract have went on to win a Super Bowl?

Old 11-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #88
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Did Manning get an extention before his Super Bowl win because he might be the one guy.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #89
killface
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is why during the off-season, I was laughing my ass off when some people thought Flacco and Ryan deserved their huge contracts. Some were like "Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and even Roethlisberger have these 100+ contracts. Why can't they?" The answer is obvious. Even for Flacco who was fresh off a Super Bowl MVP hype, he didn't that money. Kudos to his agent for hopping on it and taking advantage of the organization having no foresight.

And yeah, after all the hype of last year for the Redskins and now they are where they are now, somebody has to take the fall and it won't be RG3 for obvious reasons. The Shanahans are out of there by the end of December unless a miracle of all miracles happens in the NFC East (which sadly isn't out of the question quite yet).
well, i don't agree with it but i think the ravens signed flacco from the standpoint that they cant let their superbowl mvp go even at an exorbitant cost. The PR/fan outrage would dampen all the goodwill of their championship. Some players get paid for what they did while others get paid for what they have the potential to accomplish. Flacco was/is the former.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #90
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Ravens lost a ton of players on that team since last year. Flacco hasnt been great mind you, but it's not all on him. That o-line is in shambles (ask Ray Rice) and losing Boldin to the trade and Jacoby Jones to injury in the opener hasnt helped things.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #91
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Did Manning get an extention before his Super Bowl win because he might be the one guy.
Peyton?

I think Eli was the highest paid QB in 2009 in between Super Bowls. So that's at least 1.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #92
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Deadspin's Jambaroo this week focused on whether RGIII is a douchebag. It's a pretty good read. The best comment (supposedly) came from Mike Florio:

"I checked urban dictionary. Of the seven options, this one caught my eye: 'An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intelligence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.' Under that definition, it seems like some of Griffin’s teammates would be inclined to apply the label. I’ll defer to their expertise—or to Mike Shanahan’s opinion after he is fired next month."
This couldn't be farther from the person Griffin is.

This year I can really understand how Cam Newton and Panthers fans felt with the stupid suggestion box and towel-gate.

all of these dumb swirled up stories for the Skins have one counter answer: winning.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #93
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post

This year I can really understand how Cam Newton and Panthers fans felt with the stupid suggestion box and towel-gate.

all of these dumb swirled up stories for the Skins have one counter answer: winning.
Look, I truly hope that he's a good guy and that this whole thing is just being blown up by the media (and that wouldn't surprise me, because the sports media here in DC is so reactionary it's hilarious). But I think the point is, that we don't know. I don't know Griffin personally, and I'm guessing that you don't either, so it's impossible for either of us to accurately describe the type of person he is.

Anyway, all of this WOULD go away if they won a few games. Even though when a team hits seven losses, it's usually the point of no return, the NFC East has been so mediocre-to-bad this year that they have a slight chance of pulling off 9-7 or 8-8, which could be enough to win the division.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #94
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

7-9 might be good enough to win that division...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #95
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post

Welcome to the club. ESPN will always despise Cam but so long as he's winning, he's 'maturing' and 'progressing' as a passer. Winning cures all. RG3 will be on the same boat next year if your team improves. He'll undergo some type of redemption story and then everybody will be on his jockstrap again.

That said, RG3 hasn't done himself any favors with his decision to drop The Pistol and do a rehab special (along with holding a press conference every week). Expect a smear campaign. Newton's sophomore season included various slam articles (remember the Pro Bowl article that was released 10 months later and featured anonymous sources? Yeahhh...). In fact, it's already started for RG3. Sit back, it's gonna be a looooonnnng season.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #96
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Mike Mitchell has called out Drew Brees for being a 'vagina'. Oh man, I can't wait for those two games against the Saints.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...op-being-soft/

In the words of New Orleans' very own former defensive coordinator [Gregg Williams]: "If you're gonna get flagged and fined for a hit, make it count. Don't let up and show mercy."

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #97
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Williams does have a point there.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #98
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #99
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yes, now we've began football with some chilly weather.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #100
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Page bump to precede...