The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 7

Even though this is highly unlikely, do you guys think we might get some Electronic/Cyberpunk music in SW7?

Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #52
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Went to a Q&A event in Soho, Manhattan and saw Mr. Abrams from like 10 feet away! Him and a significant other were primarily discussing that novel S. but he briefly mentioned his interaction with the screenwriter..."working on a script right now." Way to be cryptic haha.

But the dude is too cool. He's a perfect fit for the director's chair.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #53
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Even though this is highly unlikely, do you guys think we might get some Electronic/Cyberpunk music in SW7?
I recall electric guitar music in the Attack of the Clones score, it didn't seem to make it into the final cut. For the Coruscant chase sequence.

- CM Punk
Old 11-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #54
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Aside from them wanting to go with unknowns for two main leads (I'm assuming based on the meet and greet and the online casting auditions) that they pretty much know where the bulk of the story is headed.
Going with absolute unknowns in the lead roles/Han and Leias kids could be a big gamble. See Hayden Christensen as Anakin.....it was a disaster.

Unknowns as leads in a high pressure big budget SW films with high expectations?

But....

And lets hope this SW film isn't all over the place like Abrams STID was all over the place. In this SW film, he will be trying to squeeze even more characters than he did in STID. Ohhhh boy....Aiiiieeeeeeeee......

Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 11-23-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #55
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Probably not. The closest thing I think we may get is if they go into some....cantina type place and there is some odd music playing there.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #56
Octoberist
point blank

If JJ wants to recapture all the Star Wars fan young and old, look no further than at how Doctor Who did it: by being creative and smart about it. And that fan base is in near-perfect harmony. In fact I can bet that the Doctor Who fans of today was like how SW fans were back in the day...

Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #57
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Some fan has written a fake Star Wars Episode VII script and is sending it around to journalists passing it off as a legit leak. Just a heads up before any "details" leak. Who has the time to do this stuff? Making up bits of info is one thing, but writing a whole screenplay...?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #58
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Fortune and Glory kid, fortune and glory.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #59
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I recall electric guitar music in the Attack of the Clones score, it didn't seem to make it into the final cut. For the Coruscant chase sequence.
It made it, but it was significantly turned down in favor of the sound FX (no surprise there, f**kin' Ben Burtt).

Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #60
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

More auditions today in London and Dublin. Yesterday there was one in Nashville too.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #61
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
Director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy are casting the net far and wide, meeting actors in the U.S., the U.K. and Australia. The duo is looking in particular for a tough-cookie girl in the 17- to 18-year-old range and a charismatic, funny guy from 19 to 23. "We don't want to leave any stone unturned," U.K. casting agent Kate Bone told the BBC. With the movie now being rewritten by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, sources say producers also are looking to fill a new role: a 40-something military man a la Matt Damon in Elysium.
The Hollywood Reporter - 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' 'Batman-Superman' and 3 Other Hot Movies Looking for Stars

Quote:
[MAN - 40S] Physically fit, military type.
Good to know that likely the old roles from June are still in play like Brendon at BC said.

Edit: at all these outlets (THR included) forgetting this role from June. They even reported about it back then!

This stuff matters! That's why I keep a timeline.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 11-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #62
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
The Hollywood Reporter - 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' 'Batman-Superman' and 3 Other Hot Movies Looking for Stars

Good to know that likely the old roles from June are still in play like Brendon at BC said.

Edit: at all these outlets (THR included) forgetting this role from June. They even reported about it back then!

This stuff matters! That's why I keep a timeline.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #63
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Thrawn "rip-off"?

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #64
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Thrawn "rip-off"?
LOL, people need to get over Thrawn, being a military type is not equate to being like Thrawn. I would even say Thrawn is quite different then most military types, he was cold and calculating, different from most of the other Imperial Officers, and it was said many times in the books. He would do the unexpected.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #65
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
LOL, people need to get over Thrawn, being a military type is not equate to being like Thrawn. I would even say Thrawn is quite different then most military types, he was cold and calculating, different from most of the other Imperial Officers, and it was said many times in the books. He would do the unexpected.
I guess a lot of people were "Thrawn off" by his tactics.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #66
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I guess a lot of people were "Thrawn off" by his tactics.
LOL. I love Thrawn, I do. But military types don't fit one mold of characterization. Thrawn was actually a very interesting and not like a typical (ala Avatar) type of military leader. He was sauve, cold, cunning, and you admired him in a lot of ways.

My point being is you can make a lot of different types of military "types" that and it said more so like Matt Damon what ever that means, but he was not like Thrawn lol.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #67
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Taking any kind of cue from Elysium isn't a great thing, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #68
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Thrawn "rip-off"?

Bingo!

Old 11-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #69
Octoberist
point blank

Wait..who said anything about this military being a bad guy? Pttff!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #70
Octoberist
point blank

Star Wars Rumour: Millennium Falcon already built?

Quote:
The Millennium Falcon may have already ventured back to the galaxy far, far away as 'Star Wars' insiders reveal that the famous spacecraft has already been built.

It's the ship that managed the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs… and it looks as though the Millennium Falcon could be back for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'. But while we've heard rumours of its return for some time, it seems that the iconic spacecraft may have already been built, and could be at Pinewood Studios as we speak.

According to a source close to production, the iconic Millennium Falcon has already been built for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'… and it could be bigger than ever.

"A full-scale 1:1 Millennium Falcon has been built as well as the interiors of the ship for filming," they explained. "The Falcon is done - inside and out. The sets were built off-site, ready to move when Lucasfilm/Bad Robot were ready to move into Pinewood."
Of course, nothing is official until confirmed by Disney or Lucasfilm… but if true, this could confirm the return of one of the most iconic spaceships in movie history. But with a 1:1 scale reproduction, it sounds as though the Falcon could play a prominent part in 'Episode VII' if not the entire sequel trilogy.

And let's face it - it certainly seems to make a lot of sense.

Disney would be mad not to make use of the Falcon - it's one of the most recognisable ships in the 'Star Wars' universe and has a rough-and-ready legacy that fits J.J. Abrams' vision of mixing the old with the new.

After reports that 'Star Wars' production design has been on-going since January, they've had plenty of time to get to work on the movie's all-new sets. And with that impressive new image of R2-D2, it's clear that prop (and perhaps set) fabrication has already begun.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars...210600787.html

Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #71
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

How are things in planet Rumorooine?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #72
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

While reusing locations isn't quite as bad as reusing actors, it would be very pathetic if the new cast of characters can't even get their own unique mode of transportation and have to continually live in the nostalgic shadow of their predecessors. If they're stuck using it I hope it gets destroyed or crashes or something and is abandoned.

The Millennium Falcon is one of the more likely pieces of info I think about the movie, because the production designers were said to be dropping a hint at Celebration about it last summer. And the female Jedi.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #73
green

Not that it's surprising but they moved Warcraft away from Christmas.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #74
titansupes
Side-Kick

The Millennium Falcon. Bring. That. On.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #75
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Nice to know Warcraft has moved.

Now Tom Cruise and J.J. Abrams, will you remove your damn movie?