The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #351
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Good interview. I like how honest and pragmatic Ben Affleck. I do think he's a bit hard on Daredevil, which wasn't all bad, and certainly not the worst film on his CV. But I like how his shame of it comes not from "superheroes are so lame" but more from how much he loves the character and wanted to do him justice, but fell short. He may have had his ups and downs as an actor, and the jury's still out on how his final performance as Batman will be, but I've always had a lot of time for Affleck as a human being, and he gives a damn good interview.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #352
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I really liked what he had to say. I don't get why people don't even want to give the guy a shot.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #353
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Quote:
AFFLECK: I understand I’m at a disadvantage with the internet. If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I’d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn’t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it?
hahaha...I am glad he gave it some thought. He would be a fool not to. I'm in a holding patter with the guy, but I am definitely willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #354
the last son
Side-Kick

I don't know what his issues are with Daredevil, but he's way out of line. To me I've seen him in a lot of movies and Daredevil might have been his top 3 performances. I put his performance in Good Will Hunting no1 and Daredevil performance 2. It seems real insecure to just blame everything on Daredevil, which isn't even really hated. He acts like people think of that movie on the same ladder as Catwoman and Elecktra etc. A lot of people enjoyed that movie, myself included. I'm on record for saying I think he is a bad choice for Batman, but I still thought he was a good Murdock.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #355
souvlaki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I don't know what his issues are with Daredevil, but he's way out of line. To me I've seen him in a lot of movies and Daredevil might have been his top 3 performances. I put his performance in Good Will Hunting no1 and Daredevil performance 2. It seems real insecure to just blame everything on Daredevil, which isn't even really hated. He acts like people think of that movie on the same ladder as Catwoman and Elecktra etc. A lot of people enjoyed that movie, myself included. I'm on record for saying I think he is a bad choice for Batman, but I still thought he was a good Murdock.
I can't imagine a world where Affleck's performance as Daredevil is better than his performance in Argo, the Town or Hollywoodland. Hell, Chasing Amy for that matter.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #356
the last son
Side-Kick

I haven't seen Argo or Hollywoodland, but have seen the Town and Chasing Amy and I think his performance was better. I personally think Chasing Amy was one of the worst movies ever made and The Town, he was just your typical action movie star. Daredevil had heart and warmth in the performance.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #357
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvlaki View Post
I can't imagine a world where Affleck's performance as Daredevil is better than his performance in Argo, the Town or Hollywoodland. Hell, Chasing Amy for that matter.
Welcome to the planet!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #358
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Top 3?? I can name 10 easy. Over his performance in The Town? Now i know y'all trippin!

That movie was terrible and he's absolutely right. Even if people liked it, he hated it, that's all that matters when it comes to how he felt.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #359
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
I personally think Chasing Amy was one of the worst movies ever made and The Town, he was just your typical action movie star.
Get the frak out of here !

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 12-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #360
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I haven't seen Argo or Hollywoodland, but have seen the Town and Chasing Amy and I think his performance was better. I personally think Chasing Amy was one of the worst movies ever made and The Town, he was just your typical action movie star. Daredevil had heart and warmth in the performance.
Ummm no.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #361
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

His performance in DareDevil was not good IMHO. I find DD to be a painfully mediocre forgettable film. He met his wife on set though so things didn't turn out too bad.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 12-03-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #362
shauner111
Side-Kick

It was the least bit of problems in that movie. DD was so bad that it made him look decent in the movie, but his performance sucked.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #363
third
Banned User

good affleck interview has relayed some of my previous fears - he has a good attitude about it all - i hope it pays off

Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #364
the last son
Side-Kick

The way people suck up to celebrities is ridiculous. Affleck says he sucks and the movie sucks and now you can't find one person to say it was decent. I don't care what he says and he is wrong to trash the movie, even if he did think it sucks. People worked hard on it and it is what it is. I've seen him in movies that were a lot worse than Daredevil. His Bullseye fights were good rivalry and the way that he took on street thugs was nice as well. Some of his scenes at the cemetery, his scene when he fought the thugs in the bar, and some of his blind acting was decent to me. I think Affleck is overall average as an actor and has never gone beyond average in any film except Good Will Hunting(maybe) and Daredevil was decent. It was one of the few roles I didn't see Affleck.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #365
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not sucking up to anyone, I never thought DD was a good film.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #366
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He just cannot win with you, can he? If he said DD wasn't that bad you'd say he was delusional.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #367
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
The way people suck up to celebrities is ridiculous. Affleck says he sucks and the movie sucks and now you can't find one person to say it was decent. I don't care what he says and he is wrong to trash the movie, even if he did think it sucks. People worked hard on it and it is what it is. I've seen him in movies that were a lot worse than Daredevil. His Bullseye fights were good rivalry and the way that he took on street thugs was nice as well. Some of his scenes at the cemetery, his scene when he fought the thugs in the bar, and some of his blind acting was decent to me. I think Affleck is overall average as an actor and has never gone beyond average in any film except Good Will Hunting(maybe) and Daredevil was decent. It was one of the few roles I didn't see Affleck.
Ive been saying Daredevil is a piece of **** since it came out. I dont need another person, especially a celebrity, to tell me what i think.

There was the odd scene where he was fine, absolutely. I still think the movie is terrible and he wasn't very good in it.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #368
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
He just cannot win with you, can he? If he said DD wasn't that bad you'd say he was delusional.

Bro, I like Affleck as a persona and enjoy his movies for what they are. Before he was cast as Batman there was not anyone happier that he bounced back because he seemed like a good guy and who doesn't enjoy a comeback story? Batman is Batman though. I'm not even mad at him, it's more WB not respecting the character and going about it lazily to just hire Affleck who I have no desire to see his take on Batman. I don't want to get any further with it because I'm getting mad all over. I always forget he's playing Batman and then I see some quote he makes on the project.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #369
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

I was never on the daredevil hate wagon myself,but it still kind of makes me happy to hear that Affleck hates it.
Hopefully it really pushes him to be a great Bruce/Batman.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #370
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

On a more pressing note, if he's done or near done filmng Gone Girl now, does that mean we can expect a trailer for that film soon?

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #371
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Bro, I like Affleck as a persona and enjoy his movies for what they are. Before he was cast as Batman there was not anyone happier that he bounced back because he seemed like a good guy and who doesn't enjoy a comeback story? Batman is Batman though. I'm not even mad at him, it's more WB not respecting the character and going about it lazily to just hire Affleck who I have no desire to see his take on Batman. I don't want to get any further with it because I'm getting mad all over. I always forget he's playing Batman and then I see some quote he makes on the project.
out of curiosity, why even post here if the Batfleck makes you angry despite you not having seen any of the performance and far overestimating how much acting prowess the role requires?

Old 12-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #372
Loki882
Side-Kick

I've never said that DD was a poor movie. In fact, I believe that the DD director's cut is a VERY good movie. It's a shame that Affleck is selling himself short because watching the director's cut, I thought that he was quite good in the role. A lot of his best scenes got cut out of the theatrical version.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #373
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
On a more pressing note, if he's done or near done filmng Gone Girl now, does that mean we can expect a trailer for that film soon?
We will probably see a teaser trailer at next year's Comic-Con, which is in the last week of July, and a full-length trailer in 2015, during the Super Bowl.

Last edited by WinterAssassinR; 12-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #374
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
We will probably see a teaser trailer at next year's Comic-Con, which is in the last week of July, and a full-length trailer in 2015, during the Super Bowl.
Unless you're referring to SvB, Gone Girl is coming out next October. If you're referring to the former, I doubt WB will splash out on a SB spot for that. They haven't done any in years.

But I do expect a teaser trailer to debut with either Edge of Tomorrow or Jupiter Ascending. Longer trailer with Interstellar in the fall, and then the final 2.5 minute trailer on Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 12-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #375
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mark Wahlberg said The Happening sucked. I guess you don't think that was a bad film since people worked hard on it and it is what it is?

Closed Thread