The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #526
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 10

You're not supposed to picture any actor as a character before they actually start performing it. That's what acting is.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #527
MrsKent26
Whatever.

That makes sense, but I'm thrown off because I could picture Bale as Batman before he was and I could picture Cavill as Supes.

But I'm not writing Affleck off because of this.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #528
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I think everyone is aware that all the actors are just going to pretend to be other people.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #529
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I think everyone is aware that all the actors are just going to pretend to be other people.
Thanks for pointing that out Llama.

It's his Bruce portrayal that worries me too.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #530
TheBat812
Side-Kick

That's funny I'm the exact opposite. No idea how his batman is going to be but I totally sees his Bruce already.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #531
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
That's funny I'm the exact opposite. No idea how his batman is going to be but I totally sees his Bruce already.
I think I can envision it too...and that's what sort of worries me I think. I see him acting like he did in Boiler Room.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #532
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Just to keep stirring the the pot.

On another note, the paps should stop chasing that family around. I feel like* a beep* voyeur on some of those websites.
Man, I really hope he's running with the idea of allowing himself to be always have pics taken with junk food in his hands.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #533
Rockbottom
Side-Kick

I watched Chasing Amy recently and he was good in that. I think he'll do fine, maybe not the best Batman ever but I dont think he'll be the worst either.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #534
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Man, I really hope he's running with the idea of allowing himself to be always have pics taken with junk food in his hands.
Yeah. I want to see some BIG sub sandwiches, PILES of pizzas, and big chips and 32 ounce drinks! Bonus points for an unflattering belly shirt

Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #535
Shawn Wayne
I own a large clock

the first scene should be batman beating up subway jared lol

Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #536
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Meh I prefer Michael Keaton anyway. I also prefer the Burton films over the Nolan ones.
Me too! And outstanding score.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #537
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I'll be sad if there isn't a scene like this with Bruce and Alfred

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #538
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah. I want to see some BIG sub sandwiches, PILES of pizzas, and big chips and 32 ounce drinks! Bonus points for an unflattering belly shirt
Exactly! Just have the costume department give him a fake belly to wear to get a reaction out of people.

Or better yet... have him not get caught outside while filming and then just come to SDCC dressed like this...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #539
Shawn Wayne
I own a large clock

Quote:
Exactly! Just have the costume department give him a fake belly to wear to get a reaction out of people.

Or better yet... have him not get caught outside while filming and then just come to SDCC dressed like this...

omg that ruins my evening lol

Old 12-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #540
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Wayne View Post
omg that ruins my evening lol
Affleck and Cavill can even act out the same scene from Miller's TDKR that they read at the last SDCC.

"

Old 12-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #541
super85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Me too! And outstanding score.
I think the score tries too hard, even if it is well done. Prefer Zimmer,and i also like Shirley Walkers versions of Elfmans music. As films, B89 is fairly watchable, BR i cant really stand.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #542
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Meh I prefer Michael Keaton anyway. I also prefer the Burton films over the Nolan ones.
There are some who absolutely hate any talk of Bale not being a great Batman but I've never hidden my feelings on the subject. He's a great actor but not a great Batman or Bruce Wayne IMHO. I find his performances in 2 out of 3 Batman films to be disappointing. I did enjoy how loose and fun he was in the 3rd film but that's probably because he got to play crazy retired Bruce Wayne.

He was decent overall but he can easily be topped, I have my doubts Affleck will be the man to do that but I'm obviously going to give the man a shot.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #543
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
There are some who absolutely hate any talk of Bale not being a great Batman but I've never hidden my feelings on the subject. He's a great actor but not a great Batman or Bruce Wayne IMHO. I find his performances in 2 out of 3 Batman films to be disappointing. I did enjoy how loose and fun he was in the 3rd film but that's probably because he got to play crazy retired Bruce Wayne.

He was decent overall but he can easily be topped, I have my doubts Affleck will be the man to do that but I'm obviously going to give the man a shot.
This comment if so full of win. That is all for now.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #544
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:

Alfred: Remember when you left Gotham? Before all this, before Batman? You were gone seven years. Seven years I waited, hoping that you wouldn't come back. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Wendy's. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Cheeseburger. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a Baconator Triple and maybe a couple of Chicken Nuggets. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were well fed. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except McDonalds and Burger King. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #545
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Alfred: Remember when you left Gotham? Before all this, before Batman? You were gone seven years. Seven years I waited, hoping that you wouldn't come back. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Wendy's. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Cheeseburger. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a Baconator Triple and maybe a couple of Chicken Nuggets. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were well fed. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except McDonalds and Burger King. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

"

Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #546
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

^^

Alfred: Have you given everything to Burger King?
Bruce: No,not yet.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #547
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sheesh, is that really Chris?

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 12-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #548
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Sheesh, is that really Chris?
Yes from American Hustle. him,Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner are starring in the film.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #549
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

There were times throughout the entire TDK-trilogy that I completely forgot Batman was ever even in it and that I was supposed to care for the hero rather than villain. The cast was superb throughout and Bale was so highly up-staged throughout the series that it became more of an edge-on-your-seat type trilogy when the Heath Ledger's and Tom Hardy's shared the screen other than the man behind the cowl. I think that's one of the main reasons why Batman is so easy to pull the audience in, which is having one helluva cast around him, mot notably, his villains. They carry him IMHO. Superman? He doesn't necc have that luxury and basically needs to do the heavy lifting all by himself for people to latch and hang on.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #550
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
This comment if so full of win. That is all for now.
Why thankyou sir.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread