The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 11-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
The Bruce
The First and Best

Default Is bravery default online heavy?

The demo needs friends and street passes to progress? Is the full game the same? I really hope not :-(

Give me a Great Superman Game before I die!
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
The Bruce
The First and Best

Default Re: Is bravery default online heavy?

Yes! The demo features a sidequest

http://wiiuandmii.com/2013/11/brave-...avely-default/

Give me a Great Superman Game before I die!
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

So you don't need online stuff for main game?

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

The way I understand it, you don't need this stuff, but it can help. For instance, in the most recent Direct they mentioned that leaving your 3DS in sleep mode with Bravely Default running you'll gather more Brave points. There's a lot of little stuff like that, but besides that, as far as to my knowledge, it's a single player experience.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Kamiya
Is that IGN thing your god or something?
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Thanks! That helps.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

here are reviews in article form

• GI Rating8.0
    Bravely Default

by on Jan 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Despite some helpful tweaks and an engaging combat system, enjoying all Bravely Default has to offer still requires a great deal of patience.
    ... more

REVIEWS

Jamie Chapman's score

9 out of 10
BRAVELY DEFAULT REVIEW

Square Enix blends the best of old and new, leaving us with one of the most exciting new RPG franchises in years.

Source:
GI & EPD.TV/ROTR

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

this was interesting to learn

Bravely Default Is A Japanese RPG Inspired By American TV, Says Director. February 17, 2014 . 2:31pm

“I used the methodology of American TV dramas like the older Beverly Hills 90210,” says Bravely Default director Tomoya Asano.

Quote:

Bravely Default director Tomoya Asano recently answered a couple of fan questions directed at him through Nintendo of America on their 3DS Facebook page. Among these was a question that asked what inspired the storyline for the game.

Asano replied, “We created the world view as a fantasy RPG with a story revolving around crystals, because that way RPG fans won’t have any trouble jumping right into the world. The exaggerated characters are cute and players can enjoy them on their adventures.”

He elaborated: “Basically this is comedic up to the point where you start really liking the characters, and then the drama develops. I used the methodology of American TV dramas like the older Beverly Hills 90210 (I’m a huge fan!), and Glee as references.”

“In terms of games, a number of games developed outside of Japan had major influence on the storytelling,” Asano continued. “So if you think about it, I guess you could call Bravely Default a traditional Japanese RPG with American content thrown in. I look forward to hearing what all of you in the Americas think of it!”

Asasno is currently at work on a sequel to Bravely Default, titled Bravely Second.

Image courtesy Nintendo.
source:siliconera

Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

I gotta get this game soon....

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

Been playing for the past two hours. It's the best FF game I've played in YEARS. Seriously, this is more FF than anything past 9.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I've heard that from so many. Sad they have the resources to make a main FF game like this, but sadly.....they don't. Hopefully now with Wada gone, and once they are done with FFXV (which was really under Wada most it's development) they will go back to what made them great.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Soapy
It's happening again...

I think Final Fantasy XV looks great, personally. XIV seems pretty awesome so far too.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #12
Benstamania
Cool... But rude.

XIV is good but like XI.. I don't really consider them main line games as they both have played better and been more FF than X, XII or any of the XIII games. I will get XV because I get every new FF.. but..I can't get my hopes up.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I think Final Fantasy XV looks great, personally. XIV seems pretty awesome so far too.
Ya but like Ben said I don't see them as the "main line" Final Fantasy that I've been waiting for since 2001 with X. They have gone too far from the trail of the main games. And games like Bravery Default really show that you can still pull it off and make a superb game. So even though I think FFXV will probably be good (it looks like Kingdom of Hearts mixed with FF) I'm still waiting for a more mainline traditional type of gameplay of FF to reemerge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
XIV is good but like XI.. I don't really consider them main line games as they both have played better and been more FF than X, XII or any of the XIII games. I will get XV because I get every new FF.. but..I can't get my hopes up.
I'm somewhat in the same boat. I think XV could be great fun, however it's still not "Final Fantasy" just a side series more so. I really want the more traditional style of play (like this game) to come back into FF.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #14
Soapy
It's happening again...

I doubt that will happen in anything other than spin-offs or remakes.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well I disagree. One fact that XHD sold more in one weekend then XIII-3 did in a month. I think the demand is there. That and how many still beg for a VII HD remake. There is demand for it, it's just SE has had many internal problems since Wada took over. With him gone, I think there was even one SE employee that said they are going back to their roots. And I'm betting they will, because this "new" way is starting to go south for them. I think like some films they will go old school but with a pinch of modern and find that it works.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
zenith16
Side-Kick

Bravely Default dev showcases rendering engine in tech demo

(5 hours ago)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Silicon Studio might be better known for 3DS JRPG Bravely Default, but the company has its roots firmly in middleware development, including its YEBIS 2 post-processing engine.

You may not have heard of YEBIS 2, but you've most likely already seen it in action. Its real-time natural light effects starred in last year's E3 trailer for Final Fantasy 15, and its post-processing effects also featured in Ubisoft's Kinect brawler The Fighter Within. YEBIS 2 lighting effects can also be seen in Saint Seya: Brave Soldiers, The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Valhalla Knights 3.

While the video hints at Silicon Studio getting involved in its own "nex-gen" development, there's no indication the studio's hiring drive is for work outside of YEBIS 2. That said, Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda recently revealed he's considering the company's approach to JRPGs following the success of Bravely Default. It's just speculation, of course, but it'd certainly be a prospect to see the two companies team up on a home console JPRG.

In any case, fans of Bravely Default do have a sequel to look forward to in Bravely Second, although we're still waiting for any news of its ETA.