The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #726
Rocketman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Honest Attempt at a Title Thread

I wouldn't mind a whole series under the "Justice League" banner:

1. Man of Steel
2. Justice League: World's Finest (Superman and Batman)
3. Justice League: Trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman)
4. Justice League: The Brave and the Bold (The Flash and Green Lantern)
5. Justice League: Crisis (All of them together vs. Darkseid)

Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #727
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I wouldn't mind a whole series under the "Justice League" banner:

1. Man of Steel
2. Justice League: World's Finest (Superman and Batman)
3. Justice League: Trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman)
4. Justice League: The Brave and the Bold (The Flash and Green Lantern)
5. Justice League: Crisis (All of them together vs. Darkseid)
That sounds great.. but don't think it possible at all...

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #728
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Man of Steel: @WILKINSON

Old 03-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #729
Superman_200
Superman

Am I the only one who would seriously still want it to be about Superman? Since we are not getting another solo Superman movie (as it should have been) unless the other characters have very little screen time, I would like the title to at least remind people this is still a Superman movie and not a Trinity movie or Justice League movie, etc.

I would like that it were simply Man of Steel 2, or Man of Tomorrow, or Man of Steel: Trinity if they felt the need to let people know these other guys are in it.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #730
georgec
Not a hero

I want Superman to be the focus, and I think that's going to be the case even with the added cast.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #731
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I want Superman to be the focus, and I think that's going to be the case even with the added cast.
I would think so, I think if Thor got 2 movies, and Iron-Man has 3 even being part of the Avengers universe, I don't see why Superman has to share the spotlight. I think "Man of Steel II" or something like that works. Everyone already knows who is in it so the title has nothing to do with drawing people in, they already what is going on.

No one is calling Captain America "Captain America and Falcon", you don't need to tell people on top of all the advertising that Batman and Wonder Woman are in it too by making a title that includes their names or a reference to them being in it. If you name the bad guy like they did in Captain America, then call it something else that does not mention Batman or Wonder Woman. Just call it Man of Steel: Doomsday, Brainiac, Darkseid, etc.

Last edited by Superman_200; 03-11-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #732
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Yeah, I hope so. And I still think it can be mostly about Superman. Remember, there were those rumors a little while back that it does truly feel like a sequel and focuses primarily on Clark.

Also, good point about Captain America...

"WAIT SO THIS MOVIE HAS THE FALCON AND BLACK WIDOW AND NICK FURY AND ALEXANDER PIERCE AND THE WINTER SOLDIER? IS THIS EVEN A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE ANYMORE?" - No One Ever

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #733
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, I hope so. And I still think it can be mostly about Superman. Remember, there were those rumors a little while back that it does truly feel like a sequel and focuses primarily on Clark.

Also, good point about Captain America...

"WAIT SO THIS MOVIE HAS THE FALCON AND BLACK WIDOW AND NICK FURY AND ALEXANDER PIERCE AND THE WINTER SOLDIER? IS THIS EVEN A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE ANYMORE?" - No One Ever
I agree, if you try and mention it in the title, it is just redundant. People will see Superman because they saw Man of Steel. You give people explosions, special effects, and good looking actors and people just go. Now, I hope it is a good movie, but to bring in money, they already have all the things they need. No need to let the 3 people living under a rock who have no idea Batman and Wonder Woman are in it too that they are by going with a title like Batman vs. or whatever.

Everyone knows, and if you did not know Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman were in it, what are the odds the title will attract you? Unless you are one of those retired folks who live in those malls that have a movie theater in it and you just happen to walk down to the theater and say "What should I watch at this hour. Oh, Superman... Oh wait Superman AND Batman AND Wonder Woman? That sounds better than Alien vs. Predator! I'm in!"

Last edited by Superman_200; 03-11-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #734
Rocketman
Side-Kick

I think the delay of a title is because this is a tricky thing to do... I think it is 100% a Superman movie first, but yet, you can't title it "Man of Steel: Insert Sequel Subtitle Here", because then you're not acknowledging Batman and Wonder Woman. They don't want to lose the marketing/advertising possibilities by not including them.

So, it is a Superman story, but they can't afford to have the title only reflect THAT. I feel their pain. It has to be a hell of a challenge.

I'm not convinced that "Superman vs. Batman" can really work, because then you're glaringly ignoring Wonder Woman, who will SURELY be on posters with the title underneath. A Wonder Woman poster that says "Superman vs. Batman" isn't a good idea.

My guess is, the three characters have NONE of their names in the title. It's a title like World's Finest, Trinity, or maybe Justice League. Honestly, they might as well call it Justice League. They've got the core-three members. It is a league, technically. Or Justice League: Trinity.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #735
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

still pushing for 'Man of Tomorrow' though i think it's unlikely. i think it applies to bruce, clark and luthor. then there's wondy, so you go from being about 'Man of Tomorrow' to, hang on a minute or is it?

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 03-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #736
roach
I am the night

the thing is if this movie isn't called MOS2...then they can still do a MOS2 down the road...if Gal is signed for solo WW films I am sure they will make a solo Superman film.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #737
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I think the delay of a title is because this is a tricky thing to do... I think it is 100% a Superman movie first, but yet, you can't title it "Man of Steel: Insert Sequel Subtitle Here", because then you're not acknowledging Batman and Wonder Woman. They don't want to lose the marketing/advertising possibilities by not including them.

So, it is a Superman story, but they can't afford to have the title only reflect THAT. I feel their pain. It has to be a hell of a challenge.

I'm not convinced that "Superman vs. Batman" can really work, because then you're glaringly ignoring Wonder Woman, who will SURELY be on posters with the title underneath. A Wonder Woman poster that says "Superman vs. Batman" isn't a good idea.

My guess is, the three characters have NONE of their names in the title. It's a title like World's Finest, Trinity, or maybe Justice League. Honestly, they might as well call it Justice League. They've got the core-three members. It is a league, technically. Or Justice League: Trinity.
I get what you're saying, but the logo they unveiled ignores WW, as do all the tentative titles ("Zack Snyder's Superman/Batman movie", "Batman vs Superman"), as do Snyder's comments about Batman and Superman's 'exploding mythologies!"

So I don't think this movie will emphasize the three of them as the trinity, all standing side by side.

I imagine it'll emphasize the pairing/conflict between Batman/Superman. Wonder Woman is a side character.

Also, you get Captain America TWS posters with Black Widow.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-11-2014 at 09:35 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #738
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I get what you're saying, but the logo they unveiled ignores WW, as do all the tentative titles ("Zack Snyder's Superman/Batman movie", "Batman vs Superman"), as do Snyder's comments about Batman and Superman's 'exploding mythologies!"

So I don't think this movie will emphasize the three of them as the trinity, all standing side by side.

I imagine it'll emphasize the pairing/conflict between Batman/Superman. Wonder Woman is a side character.

Also, you get Captain America TWS posters with Black Widow.

Probably just enough to introduce Wonder Woman who should have a movie/origin story because there is probably a lot of people (like me) who are know there is Wonder Woman character but don't know: A) the origin as in where she comes from, and why is she super powered, is she like Superman? What exactly is she? B) What kind of power does she have? Invulnerable? Bullets fly off of her too? Flies? etc.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #739
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Well that only takes a few moments to explain. You don't need an entire movie for that.

Not everyone saw Thor before Avengers, yet the Avengers movie itself explains who he is (and all the other characters as well).

Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #740
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Well that only takes a few moments to explain. You don't need an entire movie for that.

Not everyone saw Thor before Avengers, yet the Avengers movie itself explains who he is (and all the other characters as well).
It can probably be done in a few scenes, same as the Batman origin, but origin movies are more fun and introduce everyone to the character more slowly, give background, etc. It doesn't rush thru to get to the action. I am not sure why a lot of people are against origin movies, especially when those characters don't have origin movies yet. Origin movies usually tend to be better than the others where the characters are already introduced. They have more story and character development, and the ones where they are already introduced tend to just be more action packed. The only exception I can think of is Dark Knight but it was sort of an origin of sorts for Joker.

Personally, I think the more slowly and more time you take to develop a character through an origin story, develop a good story, emotional, etc. the more of a connection the audience will make with the character. No one remembers from a comic or something a particular story about Superman or Batman, but the origin stories everyone remembers. Tell that story in a movie, no one has seen it. They may have read it but not seen it. Take your time and tell the story well!

Last edited by Superman_200; 03-12-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #741
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm all for origin stories, I just think the JL movie could still be good even without a whole WW movie beforehand.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #742
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
still pushing for 'Man of Tomorrow' though i think it's unlikely. i think it applies to bruce, clark and luthor. then there's wondy, so you go from being about 'Man of Tomorrow' to, hang on a minute or is it?
Save Man of Tomorrow for his proper sequel.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #743
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Man of Steel 2: We Don't Know What to Call It, But You'll Watch It Anyways.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #744
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Super Friends

Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #745
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Man of Steel: One night in Gotham

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #746
georgec
Not a hero

Fast & Furious: Gotham Drift

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #747
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Two Guys, a Girl and a Hall of Justice

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Old 03-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #748
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Superman and Batman: the brotherhood of the traveling Trunks....

DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #749
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

LOL

Trunks of Steel

Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #750
Rorschach2012
$

Batman vs Superman
Justice League
Justice League Origins
Trinity
Justice League: Trinity
World's Finest
Justice League: World's Finest
Batman vs Superman: World's Finest
Batman vs Superman: Public Enemies
Man of Tomorrow

I think i like Batman vs Superman or Man of Tomorrow best.

At its core, i think this film will mostly be about Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Lex Luthor. These are 3 very different men, but ultimately (and initially at least) their goals could all be similar. They're each trying to be the Man of Tomorrow, they're each trying to secure the future of humanity, but in 3 very different ways. If a central theme in the film is the similarities and differences between those three, Man of Tomorrow is a very appropriate title for this film.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote