The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #576
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
That's a good shot of the TDK(R) suit, but to me it still looks inherently silly. The notion that all this practically justified segmentation coincidentally looks somewhat like a muscular human torso seems somehow dishonest. And what was the thinking with the "can you spot it?" Batsymbol? That's absurd from the perspectives both of design and functionality.
i thought about this - the torso, ab area - maybe it allowed for movement, if the armour in that area wasn't broken up, then it maybe too stiff for roper movement

Old 12-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #577
regwec
Shakespearo

That's the reasoning the movie implicitly gives us, but it is undone by the fact that none of the segmentation on the TDK(R) armour really works with human articulation. That is most notable in the legs, where the segments cross over the hip joints.

I think it is a result of wanting to include "practical" reasoning behind everything, but at the same time trying to preserve the core "look" of the character. In my opinion, it resulted in both being unnecessarily compromised.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 12-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #578
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Funny how one of the best shots of the TDK(R) suit is one where two thirds of the suit are hidden by the cape.
lol....

I've never really been concerned about the suits. I can never really see them in most of the movies unless there is some long shot, and then they are covered by the cape. I'm just more curious as to how they would pull off a gray if that is indeed part of the color scheme they are going with. From a fashion sense gray has some range, and I don't see one particular color in my mind that works well on film. The pics I've seen from comic and cartoons don't look right in my mind as good representation of the colors we might see.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #579
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
lol....

I've never really been concerned about the suits. I can never really see them in most of the movies unless there is some long shot, and then they are covered by the cape. I'm just more curious as to how they would pull off a gray if that is indeed part of the color scheme they are going with. From a fashion sense gray has some range, and I don't see one particular color in my mind that works well on film. The pics I've seen from comic and cartoons don't look right in my mind as good representation of the colors we might see.
I don't think it would be a problem.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #580
charl_huntress

I think it is because I'm so used to the black. I just can't even see the concept of gray and black, which is why I'll be curious to see it.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #581
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it is because I'm so used to the black. I just can't even see the concept of gray and black, which is why I'll be curious to see it.
Technically, grey and black would blend better in the dark than all black.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #582
charl_huntress

That is true, but it's usually a shot without all the shadows where you really get to see the suit. If the whole movie has Bats in the shadows then it doesn't really matter what the suit looks like because you'll never see it.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #583
regwec
Shakespearo

You'll see it. Action figures won't sell themselves.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #584
charl_huntress

When did they announce Supes suit in relation to when the movie was released?

Old 12-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #585
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I want to see the suit in the movie because I hope to actually see Batman fight this time.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #586
roach
I am the night

i have no doubt Snyder's Batman will be able to fight…watched Watchmen again last night and the fight scenes are pretty badass

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #587
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is true, but it's usually a shot without all the shadows where you really get to see the suit. If the whole movie has Bats in the shadows then it doesn't really matter what the suit looks like because you'll never see it.
You'll see it. Regwec said it well.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #588
$0UL3$$
Side-Kick

Grey and black. The black parts will be kevlar, but stronger which will be the cowl, gaulents, boots and cape and the symbol. The cape is glider cape. The rest of the suit is grey which is made of mesh

Old 12-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #589
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

That's just it. Kevlar is no longer needed, the entire suit could be made of bulletproof fabric. If you need any reason (not that you really do) for a grey /black scheme you could say that it's better for night time urban camo than all black (which is true anyway) Besides this whole compulsion that everything needs a reason to be a part of the suit is really getting tired.

*splat*
Old 12-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #590
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
That's just it. Kevlar is no longer needed, the entire suit could be made of bulletproof fabric. If you need any reason (not that you really do) for a grey /black scheme you could say that it's better for night time urban camo than all black (which is true anyway) Besides this whole compulsion that everything needs a reason to be a part of the suit is really getting tired.
I could be wrong, but aren't the bullet proof fabrics made from kevlar.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #591
lujho
Side-Kick

While kevlar is of course a real thing, most people talking about superhero movie costumes basically use the word "kevlar" in what could interchangeably be called "made-up-nonsensium".

Black foam rubber = NOT KEVLAR! No movie suit has actually used Kevlar as far as I know, and has certainly not used anything that looks like it.

From what I know, kevlar is a type of nylon and can be made into a woven textile (but not a stretchy one) or a not-very-flexible solid. Neither of which are actually aesthetically very right for a batsuit at all. Any Kevlar a Batsuit might actually have would probably be completely invisible under OTHER materials. And of course a movie costume wouldn't need any real kevlar at all.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #592
Rorschach2012
$

Arkham suit without the trunks, and scaled down gauntlets and boots.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #593
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Origins Suit > all other Arkham Suits

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #594
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post

Arkham suit without the trunks, and scaled down gauntlets and boots.
And the Origins cowl.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #595
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Better

Batman #681
Grant Morrison
Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #596
Super Kal
Side-Kick

im not all too knowledgeable on the Batman suit, but i will give what I do know... i thought the BB suit was awesome, IMO, when compared to the TDK/R suit. the BB suit looked more animal-like, more primal, than the TDK suit. he looked much smaller in TDK/R, but visual wise, i blame the design of the new suit for that. sure it looked more streamline (sometimes), but you also take away the primal feel to the suit.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #597
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Came across some old promo shots for B`89 and it all came flooding back to me just how badass Keaton looked in those shots. Sure, he couldn't move to save his life while he was in it, but he looked good.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #598
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
Origins Suit > all other Arkham Suits
Origins suit isn't better. Its all blah color wise. Most of the type the whole suit looks grey. Also they just copied off of Nolan's puzzle piece Batsuit design really.

Arkham Asylum's my favorite Batsuit. Long Halloween come to live.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #599
regwec
Shakespearo

Huh?

Why specifically The Long Halloween suit, and what do you deduce to be the difference between the suit seen in The Long Halloween and the suit as it appeared in other comics at the time, other than Tim Sale's non-naturalistic artwork? And what specific similarities do you draw between the armoured, thick-set, Frankenstein-booted, Mega-Man armed AA suit and the distinctly lightweight and figure-hugging costume depicted by Tim Sale?

Old 12-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #600
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Huh?

Why specifically The Long Halloween suit, and what do you deduce to be the difference between the suit seen in The Long Halloween and the suit as it appeared in other comics at the time, other than Tim Sale's non-naturalistic artwork? And what specific similarities do you draw between the armoured, thick-set, Frankenstein-booted, Mega-Man armed AA suit and the distinctly lightweight and figure-hugging costume depicted by Tim Sale?
There were many nods to other comics. The mask with the open eyes is a nod to Alex Ross's mask he made for Batman. The colors scheme and Bat symbol were very much like the Jim Lee suit. Armor a nod to the movies. I always felt it's Long Halloweenish due to the look. Sale also drew Batman with long ears and I just feel that it has that look from the colors. Also the color scheme does match the Long Halloween in a bit. Also it does look a bit:

The main difference is the Arkham Asylum is armorized

Closed Thread