The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #801
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Nope. That Batman is Bruce Wayne. He exists in the Earth 2 universe.

Personally, I really like that costume. It looks sick.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #802
regwec
Shakespearo

Why does he use the fighting sticks, then?

Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #803
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
because they hurt?

Old 12-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #804
regwec
Shakespearo

Right, but they are very much Dick Grayson's thing, and not Bruce Wayne's. I wondered whether that storyline provided a reason for the mix-up.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #805
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
...because it's an alternate universe? Why does it matter? He's Bruce Wayne. If you need further convincing, look it up.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #806
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
those designs look cool. can't help but imagine a gory-cyberpunk JL movie

EDIT: though I want the DCCU costumes to look more like the classical versions. so yeah, I don't want those designs in the movie.
Yeah, these are horribly bad. Since when is Batman a Metal Gear Solid villain?

Old 12-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #807
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
...because it's an alternate universe? Why does it matter? He's Bruce Wayne. If you need further convincing, look it up.
I don't need any convincing, but have instead taken your word for it, as you will see if you can drag your eyeballs upwards and read. I am, however, curious about something you appear to have read and I have not. Boards of this type exist for this very purpose. But, if you would rather be inexplicably defensive, don't worry.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #808
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't need any convincing, but have instead taken your word for it, as you will see if you can drag your eyeballs upwards and read.
The impression I got from your response was that you were challenging me to find proof that it was Bruce Wayne. I didn't realize that you were asking a legitimate question. If that's what you were doing, sorry for the miscommunication.

Quote:
I am, however, curious about something you appear to have read and I have not.
To my knowledge, it hasn't been explained; he just does. It wouldn't surprise me if he was originally supposed to be Dick, but things changed at the last minute. It's happened before.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #809
regwec
Shakespearo

Ok. Sorry for my pissy reaction, too.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #810
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

It's all good, man. No hard feelings.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #811
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Not to keep the Earth-2 confusion stuff going on, but I suppose that is the version of the suit I really dug from the Jae Lee version of Batman/Superman.

I don't at all dig the baton thing (it doesn't appear in B/S from what I can tell), and the chest logo is unattractive for sure. But what I do dig, tremendously, about this suit is the gauntlet, the cowl, the cape, the boots, and the overall gothic look.

Here's a look at a concept sketch by Jim Lee:

The organic, plated, somewhat spiny look of the gauntlet and boots is totally killer to me. I know many people despise the collars on the New 52 stuff, but I'm personally a big fan (I like it on Supes too, although count me in the total total minority that really love his t-shirt, slacks and cape look + the attitude of the first arc of Morrison's Action Comics).

These were hugely influencial to me as a kid, and the class of character is described as "Dark Knight."

The dreamy, gothic, vaguely sci-fi based approach is something I just totally love, and I've always thought that approach to Bats would work (and fit in nicely with the kryptonian tech suit Supes wears in MoS). If I had any illustration skills, I could cobble together one sweet design from the "rig based" Grampa designs and the fantasy-ish Jae Lee Earth 2 take.

It'd look a lot like this without the silly baton.

Last edited by BattleAngel; 12-08-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #812
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

By the way, if I'm pissing anybody off by posting so many pictures, just let me know and I'll chill it out. I think I'm just excited after lurking so long on this thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #813
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i thought someone said teh earth 2 batman was grayson?

Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #814
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Nope. That Batman is Bruce Wayne. He exists in the Earth 2 universe.

Personally, I really like that costume. It looks sick.
Did they revamp the Earth's? Because previous Earth 2 was the Golden Age version of the superheroes. Earth 2 Batman died actually.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #815
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Did they revamp the Earth's? Because previous Earth 2 was the Golden Age version of the superheroes. Earth 2 Batman died actually.
They did revamp the Earth series, and Earth2 Batman is still dead. He did briefly cameo in the Jae Lee illustrated New 52 Batman/Superman comics, though... where he looked like a champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero
i thought someone said teh earth 2 batman was grayson?
That person was mistaken. Earth 2 Bats is Bruce Wayne, with a slightly different path to becoming Batman, and he wields a stupid ass club. He's also married to Catwoman, according to the cameo in New 52 B/S.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #816
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

I killed the thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #817
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_1989_ View Post
Love this design, but not for this new movie featuring Bruce as Batman.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #818
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
I killed the thread
Nah. The batsuit thread will never die. There will be lulls occasionally, but it never completely goes away. It's been going on here in one form or another since before Begins was released.

*splat*
Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #819
regwec
Shakespearo

You keep it alive all by yourself, by defending "teh panties."

Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #820
Shawn Wayne
I own a large clock

I never tire of looking at them, good and bad

Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #821
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Nah. The batsuit thread will never die. There will be lulls occasionally, but it never completely goes away. It's been going on here in one form or another since before Begins was released.
That long jeez, I read through all the old parts of this before I started posting, but I didn't realize the posts were so old.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #822
hafizbat
Side-Kick

While the TDK(R) suit is mostly disliked on here, and there are definitely valid points which I agree with by those who hate it, I still think it had potential.

It's biggest problem, IMO, was its proportions. That could be on Bale and his body, but I think they could have done a MUCH better job of making him look good.

While the flaws are still there (the puzzle design, plasticness, etc), it looks WAY WAY WAY better. I think if it looked like this on film, many of the flaws would have been masked by the impressive spectacle.

It even holds up against the MoS suit

Unfortunately, we got this "Batgirl" type of body instead, which exacerbated its problems, IMO

Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #823
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Spider View Post
1 million times No. I really don't get this new trend obsession with Batman salvaging Zod's armour and wearing it.
It would tie in and follow through on the events of the first film. It'd identify Batman as an antagonist for Superman. It'd paint Batman as a man who does anything to get things done.

Yes, Batman is a detective and a ninja, but he's also crazy prepared. If there was suddenly a very lightweight alien material that was bulletproof, you better believe Batman would be all over that. Why wouldn't Batman improve his armor if he could? Lighter and more durable, essentially unbreakable? Why wouldn't Batman be excited to adapt that material into his batsuit? I don't NEED to see Batman wearing Kryptonian material, but I'd be really disappointed to not have him even RESPONDING to the new alien material.

And I only mentioned the idea of adding plate armor to it since I have a feeling that they're going to shoehorn a fistfight into the movie, and there's no way that Bats could survive a fistfight with Supes without external help. Even The Dark Knight Returns knew this. I don't think I've EVER heard anyone complain about armored Bats in that book's finale, but any time someone mentions heavy armor for Bats, some folks lose their minds...

Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #824
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
While the TDK(R) suit is mostly disliked on here, and there are definitely valid points which I agree with by those who hate it, I still think it had potential.

It's biggest problem, IMO, was its proportions. That could be on Bale and his body, but I think they could have done a MUCH better job of making him look good.

That top picture does the impossible and makes the TDK(R) suit look halfway decent.

While the flaws are still there (the puzzle design, plasticness, etc), it looks WAY WAY WAY better. I think if it looked like this on film, many of the flaws would have been masked by the impressive spectacle.

Unfortunately, we got this "Batgirl" type of body instead, which exacerbated its problems, IMO
The top picture makes that suit look okay which is a hard feat.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #825
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post

I don't see a difference between the live one and the others. They all look great. I personally loved both suits from tdkt, especially within context if the world and movie. Sure if you analyze it to death you'll find flaws. But as it's seen in the films and those figures it looks great. That Supes and bat one is awesome, what's that from?