The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 01-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Default Would you see a X-Women film?

I was thinking a Storm led X-Men team (Still operating out of Westchester just the mission happens to be a all female team) vs a Mystique led Brotherhood could make for a good film on a smaller scale. Bring it down a notch after Apocalypse.

Director: Matthew Vaughn
EP: Laura Shuler Donner/Bryan Singer/Mark Millar
Writers: Simon Kinberg/Marjorie Lui

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 01-29-2015 at 06:25 PM.
MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
Lip
Side-Kick

Default Re: Would you see a X-Women film?

I would watch it without thinking twice. Storm, Jean, Rogue, Kitty, Psylocke, Emma and a lot others, are fantastic characters. I love them all.

If well made, there is no reason why this movie wouldn't be a success.

Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

I was thinking of some of The A-Listers mixed with newer types like Dust.

Also Destiny/Scarlet Witch/Polaris on Mystique's side

Old 01-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
Lip
Side-Kick

I might be wrong, but I believe there is a Sisterhood of Mutants, featuring only female villains.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

That would be really cool. I was thinking if Jennifer Lawrence stayed with the franchise she'd have to be the main villain. So a team of mutants on her side would be cool.

My X-Women team

Storm
Marvel Girl
Psylocke
Dazzler
M
Moonstar
Dust

With cameos from the other X-Men at the mansion. Cyclops & Forge as the love interest for the two leads Ro and Jean. A Storm team vs Cyclops team danger room session would be cool. Dr. Reyes as a X-Man but only working at the mansion could be really cool.

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 01-29-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Havok83
Side-Kick

I would watch it but honestly would have doubts about them being able to carry a film. I can see it being a flop at the box office unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
I might be wrong, but I believe there is a Sisterhood of Mutants, featuring only female villains.
Sisterhood 1.0

Sisterhood 2.0

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #7
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I would watch it but honestly would have doubts about them being able to carry a film. I can see it being a flop at the box office unfortunately.
Definitely a chance of that. But I think a team with visually creative powers could be interesting. Would adding a one male member to the team be enough?

Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #8
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
Definitely a chance of that. But I think a team with visually creative powers could be interesting. Would adding a one male member to the team be enough?
Nah bc I think having a male would distract and take away from the gimmick that is having an all female team. If you are going to do that, then its best to just go all in and hope for thebest

Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #9
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Nah bc I think having a male would distract and take away from the gimmick that is having an all female team. If you are going to do that, then its best to just go all in and hope for thebest
Well honestly a X-Women film could have not only a stronger line-up then a all male team but diversity would be refreshing. Each member could be a different race.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #10
Lip
Side-Kick

There is no need to a "only female characters" to be honest. It could be a female centered movie. That happens a lot in the comics.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

I mean it's the logical next step. We're getting female solo movies female team films will come sooner or later.

X-Women film would trump both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. While WW would be greater individually collectively X-Women in today's social media age would take over the genre possibly.

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 01-29-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #12
x-er
Side-Kick

I'd be iffy about an all-female cast at the box office. It seems like a very big jump so I would say to start with solos instead.

Sadly, it's also not such a logical next step. DOFP was a huge hit for Fox and was not very heavy on women or other minorities for that matter.

And the ironic thing is that Marvel is now interested in promoting minorities but it's Fox's X-Men that lend themselves best.
(For example, Marvel made comicbook Thor a woman and Captain American black and is also hoping to produce their first female superhero film, whereas Fox goes a more white, male-centered route with DOFP, Wolverine III, Deadpool, Gambit...).

There's a very strong chance Marvel will beat them to this.

Last edited by x-er; 01-29-2015 at 11:11 PM.
x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #13
Lip
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-er View Post
^ I'm not sure I see why it would be the logical next step. DOFP was a huge hit and was not very heavy on women or other minorities for that matter. Fox may not see a big need to focus on its X-women.
Since WB and Marvel announced a female superhero movie, I think it's a matter of time until Fox announces one as well. And this is not only about representation. There are superhero movies everywhere right now, and this will only get bigger and bigger. A female superhero movie is a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-er View Post
And the ironic thing is that Marvel is interested in promoting minorities now but it's Fox's X-Men that would lend themselves to it best. (For example, Marve made comicbook Thor a woman and Captain American black and is also hoping to produce their first female superhero film, whereas Fox doesn't seem to care for that route with DOFP, Wolverine III, Deadpool, Gambit...).
Here you have an excellent point. And it gets even worse for Fox because they hold the most iconic female Marvel superheroes. They also hold Mystique and Northstar, the most relevant gay characters, and Storm one of the most black character in comicbook history. Now in the movies Storm is completely irrelevant and Mystique (so far) doesn't seem interested in girls. Add the fact that X-Men are a huge analogy to minorities and you see how ridiculous Fox is.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #14
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

This is all just my opinion and a pipe dream but when I said next step I meant for all studios. Once we start getting female solos and sequels to those solos eventually a female team up could happen.

Sony was thinking about it with Spider-Man and they don't even have the characters I think that's why Ghostbusters went all female instead. If that goes good I hope Fox takes notice that they could really switch the whole super hero game up. Sucker Punch wasn't a great movie but I'm glad their not giving up one the idea with Ghostbusters.

Last edited by MakeMinesMarvel; 01-29-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #15
x-er
Side-Kick

My ideas for solo films:

Psylocke
A telepathic British woman, Betsy Braddock, is accidentally stranded in the body of her assassin, a Japanese ninja.
- Explores a female character conflicted by a culture/racial switch from a majority population (white) to a minority (Asian).
- Possible paralleliisms to 'gender reassignment' (transgender culture) if Betsy Braddock were to be a gay man transferred into the body of a Japanese female.
- (Link to X-Force?)

The Rogue
"Going rogue" on the X-Men, Rogue goes on a revenge mission in Louisianna to avenge the assassination of Bobby Drake.
- Explores a female character's vulnerability & inability to defend herself and a loved one.
- Explores the relationship with Gambit & their southern roots.
- Forces Rogue to toughen up, acquiring the Ms.Marvel powers on the way.

- Offers a chance for Wolverine to cameo in cowboy hat & boots :P (showing up halfway through to stop her, eventually joining her to survive/take down the villains, possibly led by Sinister). But of course, the focus is on Rogue, not on Wolverine or Gambit.
- (Link to Gambit, X-Force, X5?)

Last edited by x-er; 01-30-2015 at 12:06 AM.
x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 AM   #16
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Nice ideas... Rogue with her Ms. Marvel powers a long with Shadowcat/Jubilee are definitely welcome in this new Fox/Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:42 AM   #17
def28
Side-Kick

Rather see an X gal solo flick tbh. But an all X gal team would definitely have my money. Want a new filmmaker team that has not yet been attached to this series though.

If they can actually get the personalities right, I would love to see a flick about either Emma, Psycloke, X-23, Magik or Kitty. Obviously Storm and Rogue could work excellent. Esepcially with the DOFP rewrite. Heck, Dazzler could make a great film under the right direction.

Last edited by def28; 01-30-2015 at 05:23 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #18
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I would love it!!!! Storm, Phoenix, Rogue and Psylocke would be my ultimate line-up!

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #19
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I would love it!!!! Storm, Phoenix, Rogue and Psylocke would be my ultimate line-up!
Been waiting for you to get in here.

I was thinking about this. Something happens to Magneto in Apocalypse and Mystique assumes leadership. There's a mcguffin that needs to be found in The Savage Land. So Storm's team vs Mystique team fighting through the SL . Madness ensues.

Maybe girls night out in a Westchester karaoke bar with Dazzler singing

Cyclops/Storm squads in Danger Room sequences

Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #20
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Yes, I'd see an X-Women film...

...still upset that "X-Women" game was canned in the nineties...

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #21
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

I think this all-ladies x-men team would be better for a tv series.

Yes! Storm has her own ongoing solo comics. Storm #1 in shops: 7/23/2014
RLAAMJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #22
Fincher
Side-Kick

I would definitely watch an all female X-Men movie, but I don't think it should be called "X-Women". That name would get made fun of.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #23
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

To be honest, I would rather see a videogame dedicated to the women of the X-Men universe. The idea of a X-Woman film is amazing but I just feel like its not going to happen.

Also the only way it could work is if Storm/Jean Grey/Rogue/Kitty is in a field mission and out of the mansion. Like we won't see them in X-Mansion back and forth without seeing Cyclops/Wolverine and the other X-Men.

"Mystique" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #24
Dasher10
Side-Kick

If it's an excuse to recast Rogue and Shadowcat in the new rebooted timeline and bring Psylocke, X-23 and Domino onto the team, I'm all for it.

The only problem that I see is that there are limited film release dates. It might be a better idea to simply add some of these characters to X-Force (the aforementioned Domino, Psylocke and X-23) and then introduce Rogue and Shadowcat at a later date.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #25
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
To be honest, I would rather see a videogame dedicated to the women of the X-Men universe.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Im upset this never came out