The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #326
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im convinced it's Sasha Bardeaux. These actresses just fit that role.
Agreed. Her or Mercy.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #327
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

NO! It's Etta Candy.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #328
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It's a complaint that goes beyond these boards in case you haven't noticed.
That doesn't make it any less silly a complaint.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #329
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Green Lantern was crap in my book. Can't wait for a rebooted Green Lantern in a JL movie!

Old 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #330
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Men In Black? Green Lantern is a piece of **** that shouldn't even be mentioned alongside MIB and that's still a lame 90s movie. But at least it's fun. It deserved everything it got.

Im convinced it's Sasha Bardeaux. These actresses just fit that role.

It's Sasha or Mercy I think and I hope they go with Olga out of that group. Gadot is waaaay too thin IMO..

Old 11-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #331
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah either one but im voting for Sasha.

As for 747's comment about Green Lantern. Yeah it sucked, but i actually dont care for seeing another GL movie or even a Hal Jordan in Justice League. Unless the actor is really good.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #332
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Men In Black, if my memory serves me right, was actually fun and had funny moments. Maybe even a fun soundtrack. Again, i havent seen it as an adult. But GL had none of that.

MIB also felt fresh when it was released. GL felt like a cheesy superhero movie that we've seen dozens of times already.

GL wasn't all that bad IMO. I rank it right up there with the 1st Fantastic Four movie. Not all that bad...but not very good either. Same as Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

The potential was there for the GL film to be a real space epic...which it should have been. Instead Berlanti, Guggenheim and Campbell went the simple kinda cheesy route.

Give me Neil Bloomkamp as a director for a rebooted Green Lantern film and we will see the space epic film that GL deserves.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #333
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah either one but im voting for Sasha.

As for 747's comment about Green Lantern. Yeah it sucked, but i actually dont care for seeing another GL movie or even a Hal Jordan in Justice League. Unless the actor is really good.

Idris Elba would be great as John Stewart and so would Will Smith come to think of it.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #334
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I liked Green Lantern. I certainly think they could have done some things better in it, but I don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Unfortunately though, since it was so poorly received, I don't know that we'll ever see GL again on film, even in a Justice League movie.
Spot on

But I think we'll see GL again but not Hal Jordan.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #335
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
GL wasn't all that bad IMO. I rank it right up there with the 1st Fantastic Four movie. Not all that bad...but not very good either. Same as Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.

The potential was there for the GL film to be a real space epic...which it should have been. Instead Berlanti, Guggenheim and Campbell went the simple kinda cheesy route.

Give me Neil Bloomkamp as a director for a rebooted Green Lantern film and we will see the space epic film that GL deserves.
Oh it was bad. The first Fantastic Four was terrible as well. Iron Man 3 was another garbage movie. Id rank Thor 2 much higher than those movies, probably on the level of the first Thor. Nothing more than an average movie with some fun scenes.

The potential was definitely there. I also agree with the Blomkamp suggestion but i dont see him doing that. I think i read that he was not into doing any comic book movies. They'll probably get Joseph Kosinski who did Tron and Oblivion. Visually i think he would do a solid job, but his movies didn't do anything for me.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #336
shauner111
Side-Kick

We wont see a GL film for a LONG time. Blomkamp in my opinion is a bit above some Green Lantern space movie. Id rather he do Justice League instead of Snyder.

And speaking of directors, if Affleck doesn't direct every Batman movie..i think Warner Brothers should get Alfonso Cuaron to do it. That would blow my mind.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #337
The Valeyard
Banned User

It would be awesome if Olga Kurylenko was playing 'Sasha Bordeaux.'

And then towards the end of the film, it's revealed that 'Sasha Bordeaux' is a cover, and it's actually Diana/Wonder Woman in disguise.

I really wouldn't care for a D-level character like Bordeaux getting focus unless its a Ducard/Ras-like fake-out.

The DC films really need to bring their strongest and most popular characters to the forefront now.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #338
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Next time we see Green Lantern will be in Justice League.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #339
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh it was bad. The first Fantastic Four was terrible as well. Iron Man 3 was another garbage movie. Id rank Thor 2 much higher than those movies, probably on the level of the first Thor. Nothing more than an average movie with some fun scenes.

The potential was definitely there. I also agree with the Blomkamp suggestion but i dont see him doing that. I think i read that he was not into doing any comic book movies. They'll probably get Joseph Kosinski who did Tron and Oblivion. Visually i think he would do a solid job, but his movies didn't do anything for me.

Haha...hey I have seen worse. The GhostRider films and The Punisher film with Ray Stevenson....Aiiiieeeeeee awful.

Kosinski and Bloomkamp would be good choices to direct a rebooted Green Lantern film, but it needs to be a space epic with some thrills and mystery mixed in with good action of course.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #340
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
We wont see a GL film for a LONG time. Blomkamp in my opinion is a bit above some Green Lantern space movie. Id rather he do Justice League instead of Snyder.

And speaking of directors, if Affleck doesn't direct every Batman movie..i think Warner Brothers should get Alfonso Cuaron to do it. That would blow my mind.

Alfonso Cuaron for a Justice League movie! or even for Wonder Woman possibly. Or even Francis Lawrence for a Wonder Woman film. Riann Johnson, Duncan Jones or Bloomkamp for The Flash.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #341
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Men In Black, if my memory serves me right, was actually fun and had funny moments. Maybe even a fun soundtrack. Again, i havent seen it as an adult. But GL had none of that.

MIB also felt fresh when it was released. GL felt like a cheesy superhero movie that we've seen dozens of times already.
MIB was a very clever and above average film that nails what it means to be a blockbuster kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Green Lantern was a pretty average comic book movie, imo no worse than Captain America, which was also very average. Green Lantern is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be as a film. You may not have liked it much, neither did I, but it's mainly its blandness that throws it off and makes me kind of bored - exactly like Captain America. They're both very formulaic and by the book conventional films with some poorly executed sequences and little emotional attachment, and both also have some well delivered moments within them. Personally I find people still mistake not liking a film versus it being bad, same as liking a film and it not being good.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #342
Rorschach2012
$

It's unlikely we'll see Hal again. I used to think we'd be seeing him again, but it makes a lot more sense to intro Idris Elba as John Stewart in Justice League. If JL is a success, spin off a Green Lantern movie with Stewart and Hal Jordan as the main characters.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #343
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought GL was bad, but mostly straight up boring.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #344
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
MIB was a very clever and above average film that nails what it means to be a blockbuster kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean.

Green Lantern was a pretty average comic book movie, imo no worse than Captain America, which was also very average. Green Lantern is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be as a film. You may not have liked it much, neither did I, but it's mainly its blandness that throws it off and makes me kind of bored - exactly like Captain America. They're both very formulaic and by the book conventional films with some poorly executed sequences and little emotional attachment, and both also have some well delivered moments within them. Personally I find people still mistake not liking a film versus it being bad, same as liking a film and it not being good.
I thought Captain America sucked too. But Green Lantern is on a whole different level of bad. Literally one of the worst movies I've seen in the cinema. Easily. My friends and i were only able to enjoy it by looking at it like a comedy.

Opinions and stuff though. You think it's average, most here think it's garbage. That's okay.

Captain America for me was like a 5/10, Green Lantern was a 2 or 3/10

Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #345
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If that GL movie had come out in the 90's it would have been seen as no worse than MIB or the rest of the summer fare.
It was lame imo but it didn't deserve to be made an example of by an evolved audience or the critics.
Green Lantern was not released in the 1990s.

It might have been a good movie in 1985. I'm not sure. Leaving aside the ugly special effects, the real sets were ugly, and the plot was dumb.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #346
green

Ha, yeah the sets were pretty bad...strangely the only thing I liked about Green Lantern was the suit. I thought I'd hate it. Oh and Mark Strong was awesome cause he just is.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #347
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Next time we see Green Lantern will be in Justice League.
I'm hoping we get a tease for GL the next movie. I really want Stewart as the GL, but I'll talk Hal or even Kyle.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #348
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I'm hoping we get a tease for GL the next movie. I really want Stewart as the GL, but I'll talk Hal or even Kyle.
What no love for Guy?

Old 11-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #349
The Valeyard
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It's unlikely we'll see Hal again. I used to think we'd be seeing him again, but it makes a lot more sense to intro Idris Elba as John Stewart in Justice League. If JL is a success, spin off a Green Lantern movie with Stewart and Hal Jordan as the main characters.
Hal is basically a given for JL.

DC Comics is marketing, branding and promoting Hal as THE Green Lantern.

Plus there are talks that John Stewart, in the comics, may be killed off. The character isn't a priority for DC.
http://www.themarysue.com/dc-comics-john-stewart/

Also I can't see someone with the commanding presence and gravitas of Elba taking orders from Cavill's Superman. It would be strange.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #350
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
What no love for Guy?
LOL...strangely not. For some reason he never factors into my mind...lol.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Closed Thread