The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #701
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Yeah that may be true, but when you have Wonderwoman in the same Universe of "Man of Steel" then people are going to wonder if there's an attraction between the two. To be honest... I can't imagine them just being platonic friends and I don't think lois can as well
If Wonder Woman ends up getting her own film, then it's likely that she'll be romantically linked with her traditional canon partner, Steve Trevors.

Plus, Lois doesn't strike me as the person who would feel totally insecure about Clark being friends with Diana, and even if she were, then Clark isn't the type of character to give the impression that he would willingly cheat on his partner for someone else.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #702
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The Phil Jimenez issue of his WW run where we see Lois spend a day with Diana (and we get to see a THE VIEW styled talk show featuring all of her peers in the DCU) covers almost all the angles I need when it comes to WW vs Lois in the context of what the relationship is like between all three.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #703
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Except that were talking about Charles Soule and not Geoff Johns, so bringing up JL is irrelevant.
I was referring to the relationship as it is being presented in the comics in general. Most of it is from that book and it's soooo bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Also, I see little evidence that she's a bad influence on him and the reason why he could beat Apollo is because Apollo is the LAST God who should fight Superman. Apollo is sun god and he's fighting a guy who draws his power from the sun. Apollo is essentially a giant solar battery to Superman. If this had been a different god, then things may have go differently, simple as that.
Oh, the logistics of it are sound. That's not the problem. It was just an entire issue wasted on chest thumping. Yeah, we get it. All the characters in this issue are strong. Yippee.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #704
Gifford
Side-Kick

Hello, I am new to the hype! I have browsed these forums for the past few years and decided to join in on the fun!

Old 11-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #705
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^Welcome. I hope you find it enjoyable here. What's your take on MOS and the Bats/Supes follow up film?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #706
The Valeyard
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
That's not very clever is it?

Just tell me what you want Vale? Try not be clever...if you can...
Nothing. We're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If Wonder Woman ends up getting her own film, then it's likely that she'll be romantically linked with her traditional canon partner, Steve Trevors.

Plus, Lois doesn't strike me as the person who would feel totally insecure about Clark being friends with Diana, and even if she were, then Clark isn't the type of character to give the impression that he would willingly cheat on his partner for someone else.

I don't believe WW will ever get a solo film, unless Marvel successfully manages to launch a major money-making female solo film first. WB doesn't want to take a risk with WW.

Wonder Woman will be a Justice League franchise character. They'll have to hook her up with someone.

I'm fine with the Superman/Lois relationship but once it runs its course and is explored onscreen, Wonder Woman seems like the logical next step.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #707
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
Nothing. We're good.

I don't believe WW will ever get a solo film, unless Marvel successfully manages to launch a major money-making female solo film first. WB doesn't want to take a risk with WW.

Wonder Woman will be a Justice League franchise character. They'll have to hook her up with someone.

I'm fine with the Superman/Lois relationship but once it runs its course and is explored onscreen, Wonder Woman seems like the logical next step.
You're expecting a Kingdom Come movie?

Old 11-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #708
Gifford
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
^Welcome. I hope you find it enjoyable here. What's your take on MOS and the Bats/Supes follow up film?
Thank you. I don't care much for Man of Steel, there are a lot of problems I have with the film due to the poor writing. Zack Snyder did a decent job directing it though. Batman and Superman in a movie together is enough to make me interested in the sequel, otherwise I wouldn't care.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #709
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
Thank you. I don't care much for Man of Steel, there are a lot of problems I have with the film due to the poor writing. Zack Snyder did a decent job directing it though. Batman and Superman in a movie together is enough to make me interested in the sequel, otherwise I wouldn't care.
Hope you join in on the "fun" more later on as production starts rolling early next year. Otherwise, not much here that intriguing for you I guess.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #710
Gifford
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Hope you join in on the "fun" more later on as production starts rolling early next year. Otherwise, not much here that intriguing for you I guess.
I enjoy speculating about the movie and what from the comics may pour into the film. Its all good.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #711
The Valeyard
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
You're expecting a Kingdom Come movie?

Maybe when Cavill is like 45 or 50.

One hopes that he keeps the role as long as Jackman playing Wolverine.

Fox has him. Marvel has RDJ. WB/DC had Bale, but that's over unfortunately. Over too soon. I hope Cavill doesn't get rebooted that fast.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #712
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Nothing. We're good.

1. IF Wonder Woman is received very well in the same manner that Mark's Hulk and Bruce Banner was in "The Avengers", then I don't see why that wouldn't give them any reason not to go forward with a solo film.

If they get people behind their take on Wonder Woman and find a competent director with a good vision for her solo film, then she will get one.

And even if she doesn't get one for some time, who's to say that Steve Trevor couldn't be introduced in a JL film? I mean he's in the military and all so it wouldn't be forced into the story if he dropped by when some Global threat appeared.

2. Plus, even IF Steve doesn't appear, why does Wonder Woman automatically need to have a love interest right away? And why does it have to be Superman of all people? There are plenty of Justice League members that she could be paired up with IF the need for her to be romantically tied with someone was absolute, which I would personally find insulting to the character because one of the foundations for her character is to not be defined by her connection with some dude.

3. Also, define "running its course"? Even when Amy and Henry are done playing these roles, why should Wonder Woman suddenly appear and be Superman's next choice? Is it because of the Age thing? You do realize that there have been several tales where Superman actually stayed single after Lois died of natural reasons and stayed that way until he was reunited with her after he died himself.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #713
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:

I don't believe Clark would ever cheat on Lois. However, I believe there would be a love triangle between Diana and lois if Clark is single.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #714
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
I don't believe Clark would ever cheat on Lois. However, I believe there would be a love triangle between Diana and lois if Clark is single.
Well, given that Goyer said that Lois and Clark will be in a "real" relationship by the next time that we see them, I guess that's not going to happen then regarding the triangle.lol

Old 11-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #715
roach
I am the night

i very seriously doubt we ever see a WW/Clark pairing on screen.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #716
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Nothing. We're good.
Thank you!

You know though all this talk of Wondy has me wondering how many films Cavill is actually committed to. I know Marvel signed some of their stars to like 9-film commitments. Does anyone if this is the case for Cavill? I'm under the impression he only has a 3 commitment deal, but I don't even know why I think that...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #717
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Well, given that Goyer said that Lois and Clark will be in a "real" relationship by the next time that we see them, I guess that's not going to happen then regarding the triangle.lol
When and where did he say this? I certainly hope it's true.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #718
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Getting into the nitty gritty of Clark/Superman and Lois' relationship is going to take a back seat in this film I think. Some time has to have passed (maybe the full 2 years of "real world" time) when the sequel starts up. If anything we'll see them in rough spots, at best, for the sake of drama if nothing else.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #719
The Valeyard
Banned User

Quote:
1. IF Wonder Woman is received very well in the same manner that Mark's Hulk and Bruce Banner was in "The Avengers", then I don't see why that wouldn't give them any reason not to go forward with a solo film.

If they get people behind their take on Wonder Woman and find a competent director with a good vision for her solo film, then she will get one.

It's because WB is hesitant about the selling and marketing power of a female-led solo superhero film. They're really more than likely to wait for Marvel to try it first before attempting it themselves.

Quote:
And even if she doesn't get one for some time, who's to say that Steve Trevor couldn't be introduced in a JL film? I mean he's in the military and all so it wouldn't be forced into the story if he dropped by when some Global threat appeared.

They're introducing so many heroes in the film itself. It seems more logical to hook her up with someone on the team part of the main cast (think Spock and Uhura), instead of developing a side character like Steve in JL. Steve would be a secondary character if he's introduced through JL.

Quote:
2. Plus, even IF Steve doesn't appear, why does Wonder Woman automatically need to have a love interest right away? And why does it have to be Superman of all people? There are plenty of Justice League members that she could be paired up with IF the need for her to be romantically tied with someone was absolute, which I would personally find insulting to the character because one of the foundations for her character is to not be defined by her connection with some dude.
Likely being the only female in the JL franchise, her being a love interest to someone is a given.

Quote:
Also, define "running its course"? Even when Amy and Henry are done playing these roles, why should Wonder Woman suddenly appear and be Superman's next choice? Is it because of the Age thing? You do realize that there have been several tales where Superman actually stayed single after Lois died of natural reasons and stayed that way until he was reunited with her after he died himself.

Depends if they want to make this version of Superman into a mortal with a human life span, or make him someone who will outlive everyone.

Also, DC agreed to remove the marriage of Superman and Lois from the comics. It's gone. According to Levitz, a good half or more of DC's staff were against it to begin with.

It's no longer a guarantee that Superman ends up with Lois Lane. I'd like his adventures to continue after his relationship with her, instead of him being weighed down unnecessarily.

I personally don't have a preference either way, but given the non-traditional way they began the Lois and Superman relationship in this film, I don't expect it to play out in a traditional manner for the rest of the series. It's up in the air.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #720
roach
I am the night

Quote:
It's because WB is hesitant about the selling and marketing power of a female-led solo superhero film. They're really more than likely to wait for Marvel to try it first before attempting it themselves.

EVERYONE is hesitant about selling and marketing a female led solo superhero film

They're introducing so many heroes in the film itself. It seems more logical to hook her up with someone on the team part of the main cast (think Spock and Uhura), instead of developing a side character like Steve in JL. Steve would be a secondary character if he's introduced through JL.

it makes no sense to start a relationship between Clark and Lois just to wreck it because Diana is around

Likely being the only female in the JL franchise, her being a love interest to someone is a given.

Based on what?

Depends if they want to make this version of Superman into a mortal with a human life span, or make him someone who will outlive everyone.

Also, DC agreed to remove the marriage of Superman and Lois from the comics. It's gone. According to Levitz, a good half or more of DC's staff were against it to begin with.

It's no longer a guarantee that Superman ends up with Lois Lane. I'd like his adventures to continue after his relationship with her, instead of him being weighed down unnecessarily.
Comics have nothing to do with the movies

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #721
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Bacon and eggs. Death and taxes. Politics and corruption... AND LOIS AND CLARK. Nuff' said.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #722
The Valeyard
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Comics have nothing to do with the movies
I guess we'll find out about that. That too is up in the air at this point.

The Goyer/Snyder/Tsujihara/DC Entertainment era promises to be a different animal than how these properties were handled with Nolan.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #723
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it's likely we'll get Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movies eventually.

Quote:
Batman. Wonder Woman and Batman have shown romantic chemistry in the past. She has absolutely none with Superman, no matter how hard DC tries.

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
It's a reboot. Everything was removed. And most Superman writers seem to prefer focusing on the Superman and Lois relationship regardless.

Quote:
It's up in the air.
It really isn't.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #724
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Yeah, I'm with those that say that there is no basis or reason for why Wonder Woman and Superman should or would hook up with each other.

So far, the only excuses that I've heard for justifying it have been very shallow. Contrary to popular belief, Superman isn't the type of person that cares about something like being able to outlive someone as a basis for why he shouldn't be with that person.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #725
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Moore commented about how kind of dramatically inert the WW/Supes pairing is in the "What do you get for the man that has everything" comic story. It's either Supes or WW that say something about them getting together as being "too obvious".

For myself, my head canon says that Superman and Wonder Woman do find each other attractive and romantically interesting, but in the end they both know it would not be forever. Superman does pine for someone else also, so I see WW as being mindful of his feelings for Lois as well.

Closed Thread