The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #126
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick
 
The_Manhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 594
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Er, T:TDW ended with Thor on Earth. How could they possibly have a Thor 3 without it?
He could be forced back to Asgard after Age of Ultron

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #127
Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Wow, I hate to see that so many Thor fans had the same issue I had with getting the steel book. That is ridiculous. I did consider the possibility that they are just getting a small number to begin with at each store, but the display at mine was set up for several rows worth of steel books.



I think this is highly possible. But on such a large scale? I mean, almost everyone who posted here had this problem. If that is the case, Best Buy needs to change their policy about employee purchases or something.

One thing I forgot to ask was whether or not they will be getting more steel books in later, because I just assumed not. It's a moot point for me because I wasn't going to wait, but maybe someone dying for the steel book should ask that before shelling out 80 bucks or whatever on ebay.
I see some opened ones on eBay selling for over $40. They're just the steel case and the 3D version. So, people are buying it, keeping the Blu-ray and selling what's left. They make money and get a free movie. Not a bad gig.

Anyway, I've watched the bonus features and love the "brother's journey" featurette.

I'm telling my non-comic book friends to NOT watch the first look of Cap The Winter Soldier. They flat out tell you who Winter Soldier is in that feature. Honestly, most everyone I know has no clue at this stage so why ruin the surprise now?

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #128
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

You're setting yourself up for failure if you go into Thor 3 expecting no Earth scenes, it's simply not going to happen.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #129
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I see some opened ones on eBay selling for over $40. They're just the steel case and the 3D version. So, people are buying it, keeping the Blu-ray and selling what's left. They make money and get a free movie. Not a bad gig.

Anyway, I've watched the bonus features and love the "brother's journey" featurette.

I'm telling my non-comic book friends to NOT watch the first look of Cap The Winter Soldier. They flat out tell you who Winter Soldier is in that feature. Honestly, most everyone I know has no clue at this stage so why ruin the surprise now?
I loved this feature too. The beginning montage was awesome, and it was just a solid feature all around.

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #130
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT
 
Gr0oT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 910
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Not waiting for the glorious Phase 2 boxset, come on guys.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #131
Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

I haven't savored a movie at home this much in a long time. The commentary has been great. Getting Feige and Hiddleston to comment really adds depth.

I'm even thinking about watching it with the video descriptive service turned on just to hear a narrative and experience a different take on the film. I actually did that for Avengers and it was the perfect thing to fall asleep to.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #132
Jenlet
Irritant
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 78
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I haven't savored a movie at home this much in a long time. The commentary has been great. Getting Feige and Hiddleston to comment really adds depth.

I'm even thinking about watching it with the video descriptive service turned on just to hear a narrative and experience a different take on the film. I actually did that for Avengers and it was the perfect thing to fall asleep to.
I just watched it last night with the commentary on, too.

I was really floored by the fact that the Svartalfheim skiff argument between Thor and Loki was dubbed over due to the fact that the fans running on set made them hard to hear.

I would have never noticed that--everything is perfecly matched up.

Jenlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #133
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,967
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

The fans were that loud?!?!

That's kind of disgusting. I mean, be a fan and be happy, but let these guys do their job.

__________________
“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #134
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

I can't tell if you guys are joking, but I'm pretty they meant fans like the spinning blades that make wind, not like people who really like something

seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #135
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Sooo, nobody's gonna put good quality versions of Kurse and Malekith's fights on youtube?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #136
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,967
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
I can't tell if you guys are joking, but I'm pretty they meant fans like the spinning blades that make wind, not like people who really like something
Ah. I wasn't kidding. I completely misread that.

Fans as in the machine...not the people.

Derp.

__________________
“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #137
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Ah. I wasn't kidding. I completely misread that.

Fans as in the machine...not the people.

Derp.
Haha, it's all good. I thought you guys were being ironic and it just went over my head or something.

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #138
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,839
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

...went over "something"....like what else would there be? lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #139
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
...went over "something"....like what else would there be? lol
Oh, just this:



__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #140
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,839
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

lol Silly ME hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Oh, just this:



__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #141
Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

What did people think about the deleted scenes?

I really think they should have kept three of them in the film without question.

1) The Thor/Frigga scene right after she visits Loki in the prison. That was wonderful and adds depth to the Frigga and Loki relationship.

2) Jane doing research. The best thing about the scene is the exploration of Jane's guilt over
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Frigga's death
. It's brief but it needed to be addressed to show that Jane is distraught and blames herself but Thor does not.

3) The extended Vanaheim battle scene. Why not show The Warriors Three and Sif kick a little more butt???!!??

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #142
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Smh at Marvel

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #143
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,557
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

So is there a version, whether exclusive or not, available in America that has both a DVD and a blu ray version of the film?

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #144
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,309
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
So is there a version, whether exclusive or not, available in America that has both a DVD and a blu ray version of the film?
Nope, You will have to buy the dvd copy separately or rent the dvd & rip it to your computer & copy it over to another dvd. If you don't have the software to do such a thing then maybe a friend does.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #145
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,557
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

I don't currently have an HD tv, but I have a blu ray player from when I lived with people who did. I guess I'll just be watching the digital copy for a while. Oh well. I hate double dipping.

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #146
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,154
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Just watched this (no I didn't buy it) and it was better than I remember, namely the comedy and Thor's action scenes. I like how Thor used lightning more often than in past films and was pretty much invincible against anyone other than Kurse.

I especially like the way Thor took off when he flew, it seemed more realistic yet more superhuman at the same time.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-01-2014 at 06:57 PM.
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #147
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,733
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
What did people think about the deleted scenes?

I really think they should have kept three of them in the film without question.

1) The Thor/Frigga scene right after she visits Loki in the prison. That was wonderful and adds depth to the Frigga and Loki relationship.

2) Jane doing research. The best thing about the scene is the exploration of Jane's guilt over
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Frigga's death
. It's brief but it needed to be addressed to show that Jane is distraught and blames herself but Thor does not.

3) The extended Vanaheim battle scene. Why not show The Warriors Three and Sif kick a little more butt???!!??
In regards to the Thor/Frigga Deleted Scene, I think that was deleted because they wanted to show Loki's prison scene much later in the film.

If I'm not mistaken, that scene with Thor and Frigga takes place not long after he leaves Hogun's planet.

It's pretty much like how in the theatrical version of "Thor", we saw the Warriors three and Sif confronting Loki first before getting the scene with Loki and Frigga talking over Odin's bed, despite the fact that based on the script and the extended deleted scene, the scenes were supposed to be presented the other way around when it comes to order and story.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:56 AM   #148
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,309
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
In regards to the Thor/Frigga Deleted Scene, I think that was deleted because they wanted to show Loki's prison scene much later in the film.

If I'm not mistaken, that scene with Thor and Frigga takes place not long after he leaves Hogun's planet.

It's pretty much like how in the theatrical version of "Thor", we saw the Warriors three and Sif confronting Loki first before getting the scene with Loki and Frigga talking over Odin's bed, despite the fact that based on the script and the extended deleted scene, the scenes were supposed to be presented the other way around when it comes to order and story.
Shame that there wasn't a deleted scene showing what Loki did with Odin, maybe Loki simply put Odin in a cell or imprisoned him in that thing that Siff gave to that guy & he could possibly show up in GOTG, it will definitely be a long wait for Thor 3 to find out what really happened if Odin doesn't show back up for whatever reason in one of Marvel's future movies.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:51 AM   #149
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Shame that there wasn't a deleted scene showing what Loki did with Odin, maybe Loki simply put Odin in a cell or imprisoned him in that thing that Siff gave to that guy & he could possibly show up in GOTG, it will definitely be a long wait for Thor 3 to find out what really happened if Odin doesn't show back up for whatever reason in one of Marvel's future movies.
How can there be a deleted scene on this matter when the ending was shot after CC (along with the Loki-in-chains one which replaced Thor/Frigga scene as the first Loki scene in the movie) and there were no scene like this in the script? I am sure not even Marvel yet know what exactly happen to Odin.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #150
seahammer
Asgardian
 
seahammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navigating the Sea of Space
Posts: 1,497
Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Just watched this (no I didn't buy it) and it was better than I remember, namely the comedy and Thor's action scenes. I like how Thor used lightning more often than in past films and pretty much invincible against anyone other than Kurse.

I especially like the way Thor took off when he flew, it seemed more realistic yet more superhuman at the same time.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure it's still not exactly what you wanted, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it more than before.

__________________
The World Still Needs Heroes

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.