The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #51
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Default Re: Fast & Furious 7 - Part 1

Very sad news. He will be missed.

I don't know why people expect Fast7 to be scrapped. That would be a big insult to Paul's memory.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #52
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think it had a different name here but this is where I first saw him as well, the truck driver Rusty Nail was one of Abrams earliest nods to Spielberg.
It was called Road Kill over here..

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #53
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
Very sad news. He will be missed.

I don't know why people expect Fast7 to be scrapped. That would be a big insult to Paul's memory.
I agree, honor him by releasing the last movie he filmed.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #54
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

"Road Kill".... My God... Death sure is ironic.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #55
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

I had literally just finished reading a Stephen King short story about rock and roll stars who have died over the years and were in a town called Rock & Roll Heaven where every night is a concert when I almost immediately read about Walker's death.

It's kind of creepy to me. He was a movie star but that's not far off from rock star in terms of celebrity.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #56
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I love Joy Ride. Is probably my favorite of his movies.
I've only seen it once but I remembered I liked it. GOnna have to rewatch it.
My personal favorite is Running Scared though, it's just awesome and Paul is great in that.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #57
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I loved that film.

Pleasantville, Meet The Deedles and The Fast And Furious films were my favourite films of his.
When I read he was in Pleasantville, it made realize I couldn't even think of who was in the film other than Tobey Maguire.

I never got around to seeing Running Scared even though I heard good things about it. His Katrina film looked interesting since it was something different. And I remember he had another car-related film, but I can't remember the name.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #58
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

He was also in the heist-movie Takers along with Idris Elba, I quite liked that one too.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #59
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Such a shame! I really am saddened by this news and I really for once hoped it was another hoax. He will be missed, such a great guy, humble and kind human being who always went out of his way to help others! I really wish I had more to say to him when I saw him at my workplace this past summer besides "hi, how are you?".

I hope this is not of bad taste but having seen the trailer for "Hours", I think he might get nominated.

Reel-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #60
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

Such a sad day. He was a really great actor and great person. Even more tragic when you realize that he was traveling to a charity event to raise money for typhoon victims in the Phillipines.

The F&F series won't be the same without him. Also, I highly recommend Running Scared to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a fantastic movie and Walker is a beast in it. Probably his best role.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #61
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
"Road Kill".... My God... Death sure is ironic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Such a sad day. He was a really great actor and great person. Even more tragic when you realize that he was traveling to a charity event to raise money for typhoon victims in the Phillipines.

The F&F series won't be the same without him. Also, I highly recommend Running Scared to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a fantastic movie and Walker is a beast in it. Probably his best role.

I hope more people check out Running Scared. That kind of went under the radar and the trailer doesn't do it justice. This is tragic and still kind of shocking to me. At least these guys didn't suffer long. My Grandmother passed away Wednesday night . I'm not looking for sympathy with that. Death has been heavily on my mind this week. It's been a weird and sad time. I'll be interested to see how they honor him in F F 7 . As an actor I don't think he'd want the franchise and people's jobs to die with him. Hard to really make the right call on that though. I doubt they'll stop making these movies.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #62
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
It was called Road Kill over here..
Damn!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #63
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Running Scared surprisingly didn't suck and Walker did a surprisingly good job in it.

Speaking of surprises, I'm really suprised this death is hitting me so hard but it is. I didn't know the man or anything but I've watched his movies since I was a teenager. He was one of those actors who was always there and now he isn't. And to continue to hear how nice of a guy he apparently was and the fact that he was at a charity event when he died just makes this news all the more devastating.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #64
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Very sad news indeed. So unexpected. I'm not going to comment on his acting but I did enjoy the movies I saw him in and he seemed like such a nice guy. God bless his soul and his family and friends during this tragic and testing time.

Tyrion: I wish to confess...
Ajendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #65
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Running Scared surprisingly didn't suck and Walker did a surprisingly good job in it.

Speaking of surprises, I'm really suprised this death is hitting me so hard but it is. I didn't know the man or anything but I've watched his movies since I was a teenager. He was one of those actors who was always there and now he isn't. And to continue to hear how nice of a guy he apparently was and the fact that he was at a charity event when he died just makes this news all the more devastating.
It sounds corny but in some small way he was a part of our lives. You see this actor several times throughout the years and suddenly he's gone. It's not like he was a close friend but it still touches the heart. Especially when you look at the positive impact he had on those around him.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #66
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
It sounds corny but in some small way he was a part of our lives. You see this actor several times throughout the years and suddenly he's gone. It's not like he was a close friend but it still touches the heart. Especially when you look at the positive impact he had on those around him.
Exactly. And I was just starting to respect his character's place in the FF franchise. I remember PleasantVille, She's All That, The Skulls and Joy Ride. Hell I even watched Into the Blue.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling- Paul Walker

Old 12-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #68
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

I hit on this in the Lounge thread but I'll restate it here too since a lot of people won't see it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
Seeing them in these movies though, where they defy death on a regular basis, seemingly shrugging off normally fatal injuries gives you a false sense that these people are somehow more than human and to die is shocking.

Thinking it over, I believe that despite his relatively midlevel star status, this is why Paul Walker's death has generated so much reaction. He died in a car accident after starring in so many movies where he doesn't die in car accidents that should have killed him many times over.

It would be like hearing Bruce Willis was shot to death. He's survived worse, surely mere bullets can't keep him down.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #69
Marvolo
Side-Kick

NOT GOOD

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-w...rious-filming/

'Fast and Furious 7' -- Critical Paul Walker Scenes Were Days Away From Filming

Quote:
"The new "Fast and Furious" movie was scheduled to shoot key scenes with Paul Walker this week -- and on the heels of his death, several members of the cast and crew say they won't be returning to the set anytime soon ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the production tell us most of the actors and crew were supposed to fly to Atlanta this weekend to resume filming on Tuesday ... but they're all expecting a halt in production.

Universal -- the studio behind the movie -- hasn't announced when, or if, they'll start shooting again ... but we're told some of the main stars are too distraught to work anyway.

According to our sources ... most of this week's scenes centered around Paul, so even if Universal were to go forward ... it would need major rewrites.

Ultimately, the biggest hurdle to completing 'FF7' could be the emotions of the actors. As one source put it, "No one wants to even think about the movie. Period."

We contacted Universal for comment ... no word back yet."

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #70
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
NOT GOOD

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-w...rious-filming/

'Fast and Furious 7' -- Critical Paul Walker Scenes Were Days Away From Filming
Yikes. I guess a release date change is inevitable.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #71
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, I know it's a blow. I just saw an ad for FF6 featuring the extended cut and all that. If it was gonna make some bank before this, you know people are gonna buy the **** out of it now.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #72
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yikes. I guess a release date change is inevitable.
Yeah, I see a change too. A lot of people are saying the movie is gonna be cancelled, but I doubt it. They'll just delay filming for time to mourn, recharge, and get back to filming. I doubt Paul Walker would want the movie to be cancelled. He has passion for the F&F movies along with his co-stars, who have known each other for many years.

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #73
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't see Hollywood canceling as it's always about money for them but I guess its in their favor as I don't believe Paul would've wanted that anyway.

I'm surprised I'm even feeling this bummed out as I didn't know him, but as much as people can joke about the Fast movies, it's my favorite franchise right behind Star Wars. I will truly miss him and Fast will never be the same anymore.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #74
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yeah the movie was already rushed into production as is, it's probably in for a delay.

Maybe I'll change my mind as the time passes but right now it feels like the franchise died with Walker.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #75
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Yeah, F&F is usually made fun of a lot, but I love them. Sure, they're not deep and thought provoking movies, but it was never made to be that nor do they try to. They were made to be fun and entertaining movies. Their success shows it too. I personally found Fast 5 to be one of the best action movies that year when it came out and possibly one of the best in the action and heist category.

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote