The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #76
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Default Re: Fast & Furious 7 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Running Scared surprisingly didn't suck and Walker did a surprisingly good job in it.

Speaking of surprises, I'm really suprised this death is hitting me so hard but it is. I didn't know the man or anything but I've watched his movies since I was a teenager. He was one of those actors who was always there and now he isn't. And to continue to hear how nice of a guy he apparently was and the fact that he was at a charity event when he died just makes this news all the more devastating.
I don't even know how many times I watched The Fast and the Furious when I was younger and I really enjoyed him in all the sequels as well, so it's sure gonna feel strange to never see him on the big screen again.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #77
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Reposting for new page:

NOT GOOD

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-w...rious-filming/

'Fast and Furious 7' -- Critical Paul Walker Scenes Were Days Away From Filming

Quote:
"The new "Fast and Furious" movie was scheduled to shoot key scenes with Paul Walker this week -- and on the heels of his death, several members of the cast and crew say they won't be returning to the set anytime soon ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the production tell us most of the actors and crew were supposed to fly to Atlanta this weekend to resume filming on Tuesday ... but they're all expecting a halt in production.

Universal -- the studio behind the movie -- hasn't announced when, or if, they'll start shooting again ... but we're told some of the main stars are too distraught to work anyway.

According to our sources ... most of this week's scenes centered around Paul, so even if Universal were to go forward ... it would need major rewrites.

Ultimately, the biggest hurdle to completing 'FF7' could be the emotions of the actors. As one source put it, "No one wants to even think about the movie. Period."

We contacted Universal for comment ... no word back yet."

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #78
jacobed
Banned User

Oh wow. Movie wise that's not good, hopefully they can figure something out. Wouldn't be surprised if its delayed half a year or so. Man just tragic. He had a lot of good years of acting left

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #79
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Just don't movie it to 2015. Please.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #80
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Just don't movie it to 2015. Please.
It probably won't be out in 2014. Ill be shocked if it is. This production will need an entire overhaul. That being said if it comes out in 2015 it'd need to be in March or August.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 12-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #81
jacobed
Banned User

I would be very surprised if it comes in 2014. Obviously we dont know the story but its going to be a huge overhaul. Probably close to a whole new movie

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #82
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
It probably won't be out in 2014. Ill be shocked if it is. This production will need an entire overhaul. That being said if it comes out in 2015 it'd need to be in March or August.
If Universal pushes the film back to 2015, April is pretty likely at this point. I'd be surprised if they make that July 11, 2014 date now.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #83
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling- Paul Walker
Is that a real quote?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #84
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Is that a real quote?
Supposedly.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #85
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

I really wonder how many scenes he had left and if its possible to keep the film as it is and perhaps use a double. Unless of course these were close ups. I wouldn't want to be in Universal's/Jame Wan's shoes right now. This is such a delicate situation, i can't help but feel for the director.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #86
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Wan said he was going for more of a revenge grindhouse thing but now it's just gonna come off a little eerie.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #87
Ajendo
Side-Kick

The film will be released as scheduled, I'm pretty confident about that and chances are this movie will be the highest grossing movie of the series.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #88
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Wan said he was going for more of a revenge grindhouse thing but now it's just gonna come off a little eerie.
Absolutely, specially if they already had planned to have Paul's character potentially being at risk in the story.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #89
Lord
All Mighty

Unless they left some kind of role for Walker that implies he will be heavily involved with the sequel's plot, then i don't see how they have to change the film that much.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #90
Liam_H
Side-Kick

If Walker had critical scenes to film that could be a big problem. Maybe Mia gets kidnapped and he has to rescue her etc. Scenes where he's not involved in such a way are easier to deal with.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #91
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

If they were to use what they have already written, they could have Paul Walker's character run off with Mia and their new born child. Mia got kidnapped in Fast 6, and since Jason Statham is out for revenge, they can have a scene explaining that Brian can't risk that happening again, so he ran off with his family.

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #92
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
The film will be released as scheduled, I'm pretty confident about that and chances are this movie will be the highest grossing movie of the series.
The film is already delayed. Walker had key scenes to film coming up and the cast is refusing to work on the film or even think about it right now. We all know the integral part Brian was in in this franchise and would have in this film. To think there won't be rewrites and that production won't be halted for a time to rethink and regather the franchise's future is daydreaming. Even before this tragedy the film was already being rushed. I'd say this film will come out in 2015. Maybe...maybe late 2014 but no way in hell does it make the July 2014 release.

H.E.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #93
kguillou
Side-Kick

I think that's the best thing to do. Maybe have one scene where Toretto is talking to Brian on the phone and Brian says that he'll have to sit this battle out because of his family. It seems like Statham's character is more concerned with Toretto anyway so this could be more his show.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #94
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The film is already delayed. Walker had key scenes to film coming up and the cast is refusing to work on the film or even think about it right now. We all know the integral part Brian was in in this franchise and would have in this film. To think there won't be rewrites and that production won't be halted for a time to rethink and regather the franchise's future is daydreaming. Even before this tragedy the film was already being rushed. I'd say this film will come out in 2015. Maybe...maybe late 2014 but no way in hell does it make the July 2014 release.
A fair assessment.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #95
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Never gotten around to see any of the Fast & Furious films. Now I'm gonna pick up a box-set in honor of Paul Walker (R.I.P.).

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #96
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

This is a tragedy and from everything I know about Walker he was a class-act, but from a business standpoint this is a nightmare for Uni. No way another F&F movie gets made.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #97
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

747, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them once you get around to watching them. Specially the progression of the films.

Tyrese posted the video blooper reel from 2F2F to remember the good times:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #98
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
747, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them once you get around to watching them. Specially the progression of the films.
Definitely will report back.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #99
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Tyrese at the crash site.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #100
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Poor guy! If you look at his Twitter, he posted a screenshot of their last text messages. He posted some touching videos and photos as well. One that's very poignant is a photo of pieces of carbon fiber from the wreckage in his palm. Really really sad moment. Just wish people would put their phones down and respect the man's privacy instead of snapping away.