The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #301
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #302
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 12-20-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #303
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Given the length of Superman's cape, I wouldn't mind seeing an iconic shot of Lois wearing nothing but his cape wrapped around her for a "morning after scene".lol

Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #304
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

"iconic" :P

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #305
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given the length of Superman's cape, I wouldn't mind seeing an iconic shot of Lois wearing nothing but his cape wrapped around her for a "morning after scene".lol
I'm not opposed to that myself.

Though she looks really stunning in some of the pics. I hope we get a fancy diningl room scene so we can see Lois in all her glory.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #306
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Not really opposed to this either if done tastefully. Lois in Superman's cape is iconic.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #307
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Not really opposed to this either if done tastefully. Lois in Superman's cape is iconic.
Agreed; I'm not the biggest fan of sexuality being presented in a over-the-top fashion (ala Michael Bay style) in comic book genre films, let alone with characters that I enjoyed.

Ironically enough, I thought the love scene between Bruce and Talia (Miranda Tate) was done very tastefully, despite it really having no meaning in the long run.lol

Also, I really hope that we get to have a real scene between Lois and Martha in this film.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #308
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Agreed; I'm not the biggest fan of sexuality being presented in a over-the-top fashion (ala Michael Bay style) in comic book genre films, let alone with characters that I enjoyed.

Ironically enough, I thought the love scene between Bruce and Talia (Miranda Tate) was done very tastefully, despite it really having no meaning in the long run.lol

Also, I really hope that we get to have a real scene between Lois and Martha in this film.
Yeah, I'm not fond of gratuitous love scenes, but when done right they can really convey the feelings of the characters involved. I agree about the Bruce/Talia scene. It didn't have much purpose, but it was tasteful.

I'd also like to see Martha and Lois interact, especially after Lois showing up at the Kent house like she did wanting to talk about Clark.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #309
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I'd also like to see Martha and Lois interact, especially after Lois showing up at the Kent house like she did wanting to talk about Clark.
Yes, and longer scenes as well. I don't want it to be a pure action extravaganza.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #310
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Me neither. And I do love the action and want lots in this movie, but the same detailed attention given to the action scenes needs to be applied to the character scenes. Don't just cut them off after one or two lines. I'm hoping this new writer will help with that issue.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #311
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I know this is mushy, but I want an awesome Lois/Superman/Clark for this movie. I want it to be awesome and awe inspiring. They have an iconic love that is ageless IMO and I want to really see it on film. That's probably my greatest hope for this film. Even if Bats outshines Supes, which is likely, if they get that right then I will be a happy camper.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #312
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
It's not an irrational fear. It's rational based on years of comic and cartoon history.
Not if they also take inspiration from Superman/Batman by Jeph Loeb.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #313
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Yeah...you can't really complain about Loeb too much....in fact I don't have any complaints. Not surprisingly, his run is pretty much the only issues of WF that I own.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #314
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Me neither. And I do love the action and want lots in this movie, but the same detailed attention given to the action scenes needs to be applied to the character scenes. Don't just cut them off after one or two lines. I'm hoping this new writer will help with that issue.
Exactly.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #315
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Yeah...you can't really complain about Loeb too much....in fact I don't have any complaints. Not surprisingly, his run is pretty much the only issues of WF that I own.
I liked Loeb's run, but, I had some problems with his characterization of Batman. There's a part in Batman #612, where Bats says something like, "Superman is essentially a good person, and, deep down, I am not." That's just not how I see Batman (never will), and I very much doubt he would see himself that way. I understand that he's not as altruistic as his Kryptonian ally, but Batman, in my eyes, is still a good man at heart.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #316
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

oh but it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization to make Batman look good. I'm not saying you want that but let's be honest they're are people like that. TDK Returns is really crap in that sense and no Superman fan should like that.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #317
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
oh but it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization to make Batman look good. I'm not saying you want that but let's be honest they're are people like that. TDK Returns is really crap in that sense and no Superman fan should like that.
It's a little hard to believe you're not suggesting I want that when you just replied directly to me. I never said it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization. I'd rather not see either character slighted in any way.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #318
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
It's a little hard to believe you're not suggesting I want that when you just replied directly to me. I never said it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization. I'd rather not see either character slighted in any way.

Oh no it wasn't I was just speaking out in general and I mentioned it because you said Batman's characterization was wrong. it wasn't directed at you.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #319
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Ok. By the way, I think you can get an avatar, now that you've reached over 1000 posts.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #320
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
I liked Loeb's run, but, I had some problems with his characterization of Batman. There's a part in Batman #612, where Bats says something like, "Superman is essentially a good person, and, deep down, I am not." That's just not how I see Batman (never will), and I very much doubt he would see himself that way. I understand that he's not as altruistic as his Kryptonian ally, but Batman, in my eyes, is still a good man at heart.
Haha...I thought Loeb had him right. Bats is a man on a constant quest for vengeance. Plus, I like that Bats realized that this IS the quality that truly makes Superman better than him.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #321
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm a fan of both so naturally I want both to get a fair shake. It is a shame that a segment of the Bat-fandom don't seem to want Supes to be portrayed competently but Batman has always attracted the most annoying and crazed people so I'm not surprised.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #322
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Haha...I thought Loeb had him right. Bats is a man on a constant quest for vengeance. Plus, I like that Bats realized that this IS the quality that truly makes Superman better than him.
Bats started out that way, but eventually he became more altruistic. It certainly is more personal for him, but he does what he does to make sure that no innocent has to suffer the way he did. Sure, he wants to punish the guilty, but, at the same time, he very much wants to help people.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #323
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm a fan of both so naturally I want both to get a fair shake. It is a shame that a segment of the Bat-fandom don't seem to want Supes to be portrayed competently but Batman has always attracted the most annoying and crazed people so I'm not surprised.
Superman fans are pretty crazy too...lol
Quote:
Bats started out that way, but eventually he became more altruistic. It certainly is more personal for him, but he does what he does to make sure that no innocent has to suffer the way he did. Sure, he wants to punish the guilty, but, at the same time, he very much wants to help people.
tbh...outside of WF I don't read Bats comics. I own the TPB of Hush but that's it. My impression of him through WF never really made me think of his him altruistic.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #324
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
To be fair, I think there's a certain segment of Superman-fandom that doesn't want Batman to be portrayed accurately as well. It's unfortunately rare to find people who respect both characters equally.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #325
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Where not as crazy as Batman fans there should be an Arkham style planet to house all of them.

Closed Thread