The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #326
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

The Batboards have the worst rep for a reason.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #327
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
To be fair, I think there's a certain segment of Superman-fandom that doesn't want Batman to be portrayed accurately as well. It's unfortunately rare to find people who respect both characters equally.
C'mon...after all the YEARS of INJUSTICE against our favorite hero... Can you blame us?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #328
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
C'mon...after all the YEARS of INJUSTICE against our favorite hero... Can you blame us?
I think WW fans should be more upset.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #329
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:

Aquaman fans pre New 52 were living under a rock so they're not noticed.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #330
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Warner Brothers think that because their atrocious Catwoman movie didn't make money that a Wonder Woman movie will fail. They completely ignore the fact that Catwoman''s quality is why it failed.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #331
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given the length of Superman's cape, I wouldn't mind seeing an iconic shot of Lois wearing nothing but his cape wrapped around her for a "morning after scene".lol
Yeah, I would absolutely love to see that too. She has his cape wrapped around her with her bare shoulders exposed. He then walks up behind her, shirtless, puts his arms around her and kisses her neck, while looking at the sunrise together.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #332
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I wasn't. I've always been proud to be an Aquaman fan. It's not my fault that ignorant jackasses didn't realise how awesome is.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #333
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
outside of WF I don't read Bats comics. I own the TPB of Hush but that's it.
Yeah, you can't really get a proper reading of the character from just that.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #334
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Aquaman fans pre New 52 were living under a rock so they're not noticed.
Yeah, but WW is part of the trinity -- the big three. There have already been plenty of Batman and Superman films; and I guarantee there will be more in the years to come. What about WW though? Zilch.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #335
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Yeah, I would absolutely love to see that too. She has his cape wrapped around her with her bare shoulders exposed. He then walks up behind her, shirtless, puts his arms around her and kisses her neck, while looking at the sunrise together.

Me like a bit of inspiration from Superman: For Tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #336
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Yes they should be and I don't blame them.
Quote:
Yeah, you can't really get a proper reading of the character from just that.
True, but I just don't enjoy his comics tbh. I am a fangirl, so I like some mush and stuff. His comics when I really started reading comics were....not to my liking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I wasn't. I've always been proud to be an Aquaman fan. It's not my fault that ignorant jackasses didn't realise how awesome is.
I told you there was a reason I liked you! Aquaman is a great character. I'm hoping WB takes a shot on him. I did hear a rumor they have been eyeballing Charlie Hunnam from SoA for the role. Don't know how true that is though.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #337
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post

Me like a bit of inspiration from Superman: For Tomorrow.
Oh yeah...one of my favorites for a reason.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #338
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau should be Aquaman.

Damn right, huntress. Aquaman rocks. I've never been ashamed of what I like, no matter what crap people give me for it.

I love 80's hair metal.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 12-20-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #339
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
True, but I just don't enjoy his comics tbh. I am a fangirl, so I like some mush and stuff. His comics when I really started reading comics were....not to my liking.
I know, but someone who doesn't know much about a certain character isn't really qualified to critique him/her. It's coming from a place of ignorance.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #340
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Damn right, huntress. Aquaman rocks. I've never been ashamed of what I like, no matter what crap people give me for it.

I love 80's hair metal.
Me too...lol. It's still just a rumor. I don't know if WB knows that Nikolaj has been fancast. I'm going to give them a call a little later...
Quote:
I know, but someone who doesn't know much about a certain character isn't really qualified to critique him/her. It's coming from a place of ignorance.
I know enough about him to form that opinion. It's truly the first opinion I formed of him and I wanted to go no further with his comics. I do love Bats as a character. I'm just not a fan of his comics. I love him in movies and cartoons, but not his comics.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-20-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #341
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 12-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #342
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I'd love to hang out with them. They all seem like so much fun.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #343
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I know enough about him to form that opinion. It's truly the first opinion I formed of him and I wanted to go no further with his comics. I do love Bats as a character. I'm just not a fan of his comics. I love him in movies and cartoons, but not his comics.
You said you didn't go further because you wanted more mush though. What I'm saying is that, had you been exposed to other Batman comics, you would know that he's not just this purely vengeance-driven character. There's more to him than that. Dennis O'Neil's interpretation, for example, offers a completely different take on Batman. Whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The issue is how much knowledge you have of the character, overall.

Quote:
I'm just not a fan of his comics. I love him in movies and cartoons, but not his comics.
I thought you hated him in the cartoons.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #344
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
You said you didn't go further because you wanted more mush though. What I'm saying is that, had you been exposed to other Batman comics, you would know that he's not just this purely vengeance-driven character. There's more to him than that. Dennis O'Neil's interpretation, for example, offers a completely different take on Batman. Whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The issue is how much knowledge you have of the character, overall.
I have enough knowledge to form the opinion I have...lol. It's kind of like a food you don't like. You don't need to keep eating it to really be sure about that.

Quote:
I thought you hated him in the cartoons.
No, I don't hate him in the cartoons. I hate that Timm/Co made him uber Bats. That's what I hate. I like him BNAS and BTAS. Those are great. It's when they got nutty with it in JL/JLU that I started to have a problem with it because other heroes including my favorite were being shorted. I do like his cartoons. In fact I own several volumes.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #345
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

This makes me want to watch he cartoons now. That's what I'm going to do on holiday. Batman, than Superman, than JL/JLU back to back. Maybe even Batman Beyond.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #346
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I have enough knowledge to form the opinion I have...lol. It's kind of like a food you don't like. You don't need to keep eating it to really be sure about that.
No, it's not. It's like going to a foreign country and staying in a very tiny village where a good handful of people (in the village only) have red hair. The majority of people in the rest of the nation have brown or blonde hair, but you never ventured outside the tiny village. So, when you get back home, you tell everyone that all the people in said country have red hair, which, of course, isn't accurate.

Quote:
No, I don't hate him in the cartoons. I hate that Timm/Co made him uber Bats. That's what I hate. I like him BNAS and BTAS. Those are great. It's when they got nutty with it in JL/JLU that I started to have a problem with it because other heroes including my favorite were being shorted. I do like his cartoons. In fact I own several volumes.
Gotcha.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #347
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
No, it's not. It's like going to a foreign country and staying in a very tiny village where a good handful of people (in the village only) have red hair. The majority of people in the rest of the nation have brown or blonde hair, but you never ventured outside the tiny village. So, when you get back home, you tell everyone that all the people in said country have red hair, which, of course, isn't accurate.
lol...While I understand your desire to have my venture back to the Land of Batman, I regret to inform you it's not going to happen. The first few comics I read soured me to his comics. It was nothing personal against him as a character. Again, I love him in the moves and cartoons, and don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything. Also, truthfully I don't want to venture back to discover what I may have been missing. I have THOUSANDS of Superman comics. That's enough indulgence for me anyway.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #348
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
lol...While I understand your desire to have my venture back to the Land of Batman, I regret to inform you it's not going to happen. The first few comics I read of soured me to his comics. It was nothing personal against him as a character. Again, I love him in the moves and whatnot and don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything, and truthfully I don't want to venture back to discover what I may have been missing. I have THOUSANDS of Superman comics. That's enough indulgence for me anyway.
I don't want you to venture back to the land of the bat. lol I'm just saying you would know more about him as a character, had you been exposed to additional source material. That's all.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #349
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
I don't want you to venture back to the land of the bat. lol I'm just saying you would know more about him as a character, had you been exposed to additional source material. That's all.
I'm cool on what I already know about him. I don't really want to know anymore to be honest. I'm a Superman fan. That's where my comic indulgence lies...but it's nothing personal against Bats.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #350
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I'm cool on what I already know about him. I don't really want to know anymore to be honest. I'm a Superman fan. That's where my comic indulgence lies...but it's nothing personal against Bats.
Again, it's not about what you like or don't like. It's about being objective. If you knew more about the character, you might understand where I find fault with Loeb's characterization. It's obvious you simply don't want to though. You just want to keep your eyes closed. Fair enough.

Closed Thread