The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #351
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Again, it's not about what you like or don't like. It's about being objective. If you knew more about the character, you might understand where I find fault with Loeb's characterization. It's obvious you simply don't want to though. You just want to keep your eyes closed. Fair enough.
It is true I don't care...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #352
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
It is true I don't care...lol
Damn. Look at what you did to the Amy Adams thread.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #353
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Damn. Look at what you did to the Amy Adams thread.
lol...you started it.

Just to get back on topic...I do love Lois and Supes. I can't wait for the movie.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #354
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, with everything that's going on, I'm glad that I was finally able to put my fear of them messing things up by going down the petty route of putting Clark and Lois in some triangle with Bruce...and I really doubt that they'll do so with Diana as well.

So that's one worry off of my shoulders.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #355
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

New interview with Amy, where she talks about Lois and Gal Gadot as WW:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...=share_twitter

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #356
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

For non US locations. MTV asked Amy Adams on the comments directed towards Gal Gadot about being too thin to play Wonder Woman.

MTV: Thereís been a lot of talk about Gal Gadot being cast as Wonder Woman. Thereís been a lot of discussion on social media about her body and some are saying sheís being body shamed. People are saying sheís too thin. Do you think in comic book movies in general this is more of a problem, or or did you face any of that?

Amy: I didnít hear that. I donít know. Iím not familiar with her body shape. Thatís interesting, I donít know. I donít buy into that [being too thin comments.] Not that I believe itís not happening, but Iím certainly not a classically drawn woman as they exist in comic books. So, I had to embrace that I just had a baby, I still hadnít gotten my waist back, and I was like- you know what? Lois is not about proportions. Lois is about her intellect and her savvy reporting skills, and her empathy for Clark. So, I just didnít think about it. I know that anyone whoís working with Zack- if sheís working with Zack and sheís going to be Wonder Woman- she is going to be yoked, man. He is going to make her a beast.

- See more at: http://www.manofsteelfanpage.com/man....kUipJrHo.dpuf

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 12-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #357
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Hm...I hadn't really heard any body shaming regarding Gadot outside of MBs, but I'm not surprised. A woman's body is often a talk of a discussion, so meh.

When did Adams have a baby though?

Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #358
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

A few months before she started filming MOS I think.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #359
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Wow...impressive. She looked good for just having had a baby. Though I do wonder if some of the clothing choices made for Lois were because of that reason. It should be interesting to see if her wardrobe this time around really does change.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #360
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Her clothing was fine and practical. They're were no scenes where she had to dress up or anything. Her clothes at the Daily Planet were professional and looked good.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #361
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^^^ I loved her wardrobe. Very happy that it made sense for her character and she wasn't needlessly sexed up.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #362
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Yes it made sense...yes it did, but there were other choices. I'm speaking strictly from a fashion sense. They could have still dressed her professionally, but made some different choice that were more flattering to her complexion and frame. Not saying she didn't look great, but I did find some of the wardrobe choices to be a bit odd.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #363
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Which ones did you find odd?

Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #364
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Which ones did you find odd?
I'd have to watch the movie again to look at all of them again, but the one that truly stands out to me is the vested look. The color and fit of that vest could have been different.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #365
MrsKent26
Whatever.

The vest she wore in the ship with Supes, you mean?

Old 12-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #366
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

This one?

Old 12-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #367
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
The vest she wore in the ship with Supes, you mean?
Yes...you can see how ill fitting it is in one shot. They could have put her in a nice and stylish fitted vest that would have looked way more appealing to her frame.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #368
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
This one?

No, not these ones.

Again, she looks very professional, but I wish some of these clothing choice were different...and what was up with all damn gray and muted tones?

Old 12-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #369
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

The interrogation scene? I give up

Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #370
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
The interrogation scene? I give up

You got it Fallen! This is the one. In the scene with her and Supes and in the desert. There is a shot where you can see the bottom of the vest and it's most ill fitting. They could have went in a different direction, so I'm wondering if the choices made were because she just had a baby.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #371
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Yes...you can see how ill fitting it is in one shot. They could have put her in a nice and stylish fitted vest that would have looked way more appealing to her frame.
It was a bit rumpled. Probably had something to do with what she went through. Her outfits were good for the most part. Maybe we'll see her in casual wear or evening wear at some point in the movie.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #372
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

They were good, but considering there was a professional stylist involved I really expected better. They didn't do a bad job, but I'm expecting them to up their game for this next movie in regards to Lois....especially with Wondy in the film. I want an outstanding looking Lois.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #373
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

That's the thing though if it calls for it then she Amy/Lois will be have the full works. So if Lois is attending some awards ceremony or a gala with Clark she'll dress up. She's not going to dress up how she would if she was going into the Daily Planet.

Oh they've got the same costume designer for American Hustle for the sequel and you should check out the costumes Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence wear in that?

Old 12-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #374
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Yeah, maybe her and Clark will go out we'll get fancy Lois. And fancy Clark. Well, as fancy as his plaid wardrobe allows, lol.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #375
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That's the thing though if it calls for it then she Amy/Lois will be have the full works. So if Lois is attending some awards ceremony or a gala with Clark she'll dress up. She's not going to dress up how she would if she was going into the Daily Planet.

Oh they've got the same costume designer for American Hustle for the sequel and you should check out the costumes Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence wear in that?
lol...I will certainly give watch it.

My thing with her work outfits is they could have been more stylish. They could have still be professional, but they could have been more stylish.

Closed Thread