The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #426
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

LOL...you're better than me Mrs. K... I expect Lois to be one of the leading roles. The action in the movie should be centered around Superman, Lois and Batfleck. Everyone else is supporting their story...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #427
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Well, I'm trying to roll with things. In an ideal world, I want her as the female lead. I'd want her to have as much screen time as batman. But with WW in this too, I'm thinking there's no chance of that. So, I'll settle for a quality supporting role.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #428
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

She should be the female lead.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #429
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I agree. But I don't know what's going on anymore, lol. It could be a trinity movie or something.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #430
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Some of you worry when there's nothing to worry about good grief. We know absolutely nothing about the storyline.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #431
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Some of you worry when there's nothing to worry about good grief. We know absolutely nothing about the storyline.
You'd think it's impossible to have more than one character in a scene judging by these posts.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #432
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

No...it should only be Lois...lol

Seriously though, this is part and parcel of speculation, and it is a bit worrisome. One day we were all thinking we would have a sequel for MOS, and now it's something else. That doesn't mean it can't be awesome, but that should give people cause for concern. This is WB we are talking about here, and you don't need to think back to far to remember some of their more spectacularly bone-headed decisions.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #433
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I didn't like Lois' clothing in the movie. She wore black, white, and grey, like she was dressing for a funeral or something. I hope there's more colour in the sequel, like there was in LnC and SV.
Honestly, I don't think you would make that "funeral" comment if you were a woman in a job where you are almost always surrounded by men.

You would be shocked how much pressure is still put on women with serious jobs to wear dark colors that do not draw attention in order to be taken seriously. It's like an unspoken code and it's a real thing that we deal with. There is this unspoken rule where you where grey and black so that you don't draw attention.

In my personal life, my favorite color to wear is red. But I'm very careful about wearing bright colors when I'm doing something serious at my job. Why? Because I'm already almost always one of the only women and you'd be shocked the kinds of looks you get when you are already trying really hard to be taken seriously and talked down to. I've bucked the "code" before and worn brighter suit dresses and I always wind up regretting it. I feel more comfortable going back to the safer career colors to be taken seriously. It's not fun but it's reality.

A lot of women including female lawyers, CEOS, politicians and yes, investigative journalists, go out of their way to not draw attention to themselves with their clothing because your career literally depends on it. It's not fair or right but its still the reality.

Just think about that the next time you say that her clothing looked like a "funeral." In my experience, her clothing was not only realistic for what a woman in her position would wear but is a reality check about what a woman like Lois would probably deal with in her line of work to be taken seriously. Just food for thought.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #434
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Whether it's primarily a Superman movie featuring Batman and Wonder Woman, a Batman/Superman movie featuring Wonder Woman, a Trinity movie, or a Justice League movie, it's still considered the sequel to Man of Steel.

We have no idea which it'll be, and any of these are fine by me.

There's also nothing to suggest that their plans have changed since the announcement of the movie.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver weren't announced when Avengers 2 was announced for example. Neither was Baron Von Strucker.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 12-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #435
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

My hope for Lois Lane in this movie is that she is investigating other superheroes or Lex Luthor. As long as her role is integral to moving the story along in some way then I'll be fine. I know she will inevitably end up a damsel in distress, but before that I want her doing what she does best.

I...also want another kiss scene, but hotter this time. Tells you were my priorities are right? lol

Old 12-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #436
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #437
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
My hope for Lois Lane in this movie is that she is investigating other superheroes or Lex Luthor. As long as her role is integral to moving the story along in some way then I'll be fine. I know she will inevitably end up a damsel in distress, but before that I want her doing what she does best.
I hope not. One of the things which pissed me off about MJ in Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy is how she was always shoehorned into the climax. It got old and repetitive.

Even in MOS, with all the work they did to prop her up as her own person, she still needed to have her life saved by Supes a whopping 3 times. That's one trope of the character I want excised.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #438
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #439
MrsKent26
Whatever.

AWW, look.

Lois and Lex!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #440
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:

I...also want another kiss scene, but hotter this time. Tells you were my priorities are right? lol
nothing wrong with being saved by Supes if she's doing other things like in MOS then fine. if she's in distress and it's life threatening which Lois has a habit of getting into why shouldn't she call for Supes help?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #441
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Wow. Didn't even make the connection that Joaquin, a possible Lex candidate, has close ties to both Batman and Lois.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #442
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Well they shoehorned Lois into most of the last part of MOS. I don't really expect any different in this movie. It's usually her investigations that get into trouble, so I'm okay with her being a damsel in distress. Though you make a good point, Jekecy. It might be nice to see Lois save her own butt this time around. She's not completely helpless, and she's the daughter of a 4-star general. She knows a thing or a two.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #443
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

I want romantic Clois scenes and kissing too. And daily planet Clois. And Clois banter. And Clois investigating stuff together. Yeah, I'm rather fond of this couple.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #444
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I'm sure Sam Jackson here would gladly tell Zack to give you guys the Lois that you want.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #445
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Good. Fight for us, Mr. Jackson.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #446
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I mean, he did ask George Lucas of all people for a Purple lightsaber.

I'm sure he can ask a less powerful man in Hollywood for characterization of certain character.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #447
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I want romantic Clois scenes and kissing too. And daily planet Clois. And Clois banter. And Clois investigating stuff together. Yeah, I'm rather fond of this couple.
CLOIS FOREVER!!! There is no shame in my game for me to admit that. I want some really memorable Clois in this movie and I want it front and center!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
nothing wrong with being saved by Supes if she's doing other things like in MOS then fine. if she's in distress and it's life threatening which Lois has a habit of getting into why shouldn't she call for Supes help?
Well yeah. That is true, but I'd like to get a bit more action with her investigation this time around. The interesting thing is Lois doesn't even show up in MOS until about 30 minutes in; yet, when she does arrive she makes a big impact, and Adams did a great job of making her presence felt whenever she was on screen. I'm hoping for a lot more of that this time around.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #448
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
I hope not. One of the things which pissed me off about MJ in Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy is how she was always shoehorned into the climax. It got old and repetitive.

Even in MOS, with all the work they did to prop her up as her own person, she still needed to have her life saved by Supes a whopping 3 times. That's one trope of the character I want excised.

So she shouldn't be saved by Superman? it's Lois Lane she'll get into trouble anyway.

and the situations she was in she needed to be saved. Lois being wounded and would die if Clark didn't cauterize her. She's crashing into earth on board a damaged alien ship how the heck will she get out without being saved? The last one is her falling out of a plane and unless she can fly then she's a gonner.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #449
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I mean, he did ask George Lucas of all people for a Purple lightsaber.

I'm sure he can ask a less powerful man in Hollywood for characterization of certain character.
Drunk Lois Lane.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #450
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I'm not too bothered by Lois being saved, especially when it's because she's going above and beyond the call of duty as a reporter and in defense of others. She is the type to run into things and deal with the consequences later.

And Clois is one of the few screen couples I ship. Normally, I don't get into romance movies or anything. But there's just something beautiful about Lois and Clark. It's kind of an oddball romance. I love seeing it. Plus, I like Adams and Cavill together.

Closed Thread