The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #251
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Too bad they couldn't just end the film with Thor's reunion with Jane on Earth, and have the second post-credit scene tease about Surtur or the next big bad within Thor's realms.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #252
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Kyle/Yost are good writers, but TDW was nowhere near their best work. The actual plot/story wasn't really all that interesting and it was bare bones. To be fair, I'm not sure if that was completely their fault, this movie felt like it started out as something a bit more complex, but go messed with during editing. Hopefully, the next movie has an actual compelling story/ideas. Oh and more character building for people not named Loki.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #253
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Or better yet, leave in the Earth comedy that some people happen to enjoy, and stop trying to trim every film down so you can squeeze in an extra showing per day.

I have been accused of being a biased Marvel fanboy on many occasions despite repeatedly voicing my many complaints, but this endless trimming down of every single film has sailed right past annoying and directly into into ****ING STOP IT!!!

All the way back to Incredible Hulk they've been cutting good quality scenes out of these movies. Enough is enough.
Yeah, that work's to. Make the movie a half-hour longer and you can keep the comedy while leaving in the character stuff to. I was simply trying to suggest how they could have kept the same running time and fit the character stuff in at the same time. But you're right, there was no reason why this movie HAD to be UNDER two hours long, especially with all the stuff that was going on.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #254
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'm one who loves the idea of the different "Ragnarok Ages". Not alot of people like that idea, BUT, it allows for all kinds of different stories, we aren't STUCK in one time with the Asgardians.

EDIT: I REALLY want to see Magni in other words
That made me think of 'Rock Of Ages' for some reason.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #255
Loki882
Side-Kick

You know, Lorelei is showing up soon in Agents of SHIELD. I do wonder if that could be a hint that The Enchantress may finally appear in Thor 3?

Old 01-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #256
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With recent news I am willing to bet Thor 3 gets the July 2016 date.A new character most likely Dr strange gets the may 2016 date although it could be pushed up to april with Batman VS Superman coming In may and If Cap 2 does well this april.Cap 3 Is my bet for July 2017.Marvel and Disney might have another new character for late 2017 before avenges 3 hits In 2018.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 PM   #257
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Marvel has tapped Craig Kyle to co-pen the third installment in the “Thor” franchise with Christopher Yost.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ma...st-1201076954/
Awesome!

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 AM   #258
First Avenger
Side-Kick

To me TDW felt like one giant Thor-centric EMH episode...which is why I loved it.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:34 AM   #259
eeffos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Marvel has tapped Craig Kyle to co-pen the third installment in the “Thor” franchise with Christopher Yost.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ma...st-1201076954/
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy about this news!!!!

eeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:00 AM   #260
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Way to early for Ragnarok, especially after what happened with TDW, but that won't stop them. This is going to end up feeling like Thor: The Cliff Notes.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #261
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea please not Ragnarok yet. Thor has so many great stories to tell, no need for Ragnarok yet.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #262
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Mr Vartha sir, we might be getting our wish after all.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...d-screenwriter

Quote:
More importantly, if my sources are correct, the end of "Age Of Ultron" sets up a difficult situation for Thor as Midgard and Asgard find themselves looking at a possible war. Could we be looking at the beginning of Ragnarok, brought on by Loki in the guise of Odin? Could the third film find Thor having to fight against the realm that he's spent so much time defending?

Give me a minute guys....

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #263
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

It's great news that writing is starting. I wouldn't mind seeing the fourth movie set up Ragnarök, if nothing else but to make sure there's a fifth, but on the other hand it could in a way be a step down to have Enchantress and Executioner follow Malekith and Kurse. Not that it really matters if it's a step down as long as it's done well and is relevant to the hero.

TeeKay's quote above does sound very interesting since I enjoy the thought of AoU setting up something big for Thor.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #264
warriorking
Side-Kick

Really beginning to look like AOU will be the springboard for Thor 3 in 2016...
This could be huge...
I really look for Thor to shine in AOU...
The term Big Guns will be taken to a new level...

Last edited by warriorking; 01-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #265
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

sneak peek of gag reel: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/172...bloopers.jhtml (note, this appears to only be viewable in the U.S.)

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 01-30-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #266
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Worked fine for me. I just chose to view the US site.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #267
seahammer
Side-Kick

EDIT: I put this in spoiler tags just in case.

I just don't see the likely hood of Drew McWeeny's article regarding Asgard in AoU. Reasoning below:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...d-screenwriter

Quote:
More importantly, if my sources are correct, the end of "Age Of Ultron" sets up a difficult situation for Thor as Midgard and Asgard find themselves looking at a possible war. Could we be looking at the beginning of Ragnarok, brought on by Loki in the guise of Odin? Could the third film find Thor having to fight against the realm that he's spent so much time defending?
Obviously, I don't have all the info that the McWeeny has, but I don't see the logic in his prediction of a war between Midgard and Asgard. Ultron instigating Asgard just seems unlikely.

Here's a quote from another part of the article:

Quote:
By the end of the film, the team that we saw in the first film will be shattered. There will still be a group of people called The Avengers, but it's not going to be Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America anymore. The third film will have to bring everyone back together to stand against Thanos as he finally makes his move on Earth
That whole "Age of Ultron" shattering the Avengers has me wondering.

What could Ultron do to each of the Avengers?
IM is already in semi-retirement, and if his involvement in Ultron's creation is true, I could see some sort of internal conflict there.
I could see Cap hanging up the costume if SHIELD has a part in the creation of Ultron, too (or, as someone else suggested, they could set up a "Death of CA" storyline).
I could see Ultron launching Hulk into space to set up a TIH sequel if "Planet Hulk" is way they want to go.

But Thor? Where is he most vulnerable right now? Jane Foster, for whom he left the Realm Eternal (unknowingly) in the hands of his brother. What if Ultron kills Jane, which sets up Thor returning to Asgard because he has no more interest in Midgard/he's bitter at man's folly/whatever, thus setting up Thor 3 with Thor spending some time away from Earth before Avengers 3?

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch

Last edited by seahammer; 01-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #268
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Obviously, I don't have all the info that the McWeeny has, but I don't see the logic in his prediction of a war between Midgard and Asgard. Ultron instigating Asgard just seems unlikely.
He's not saying Ultron would, he pretty explicitly implied it would be Loki instigating it disguised as Odin, maybe using something that happened in AOU as a catalyst to/justification for it...which makes sense, Loki hates Midgard and he would obviously try to destroy it with all the might of Asgard disguised as Odin.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #269
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
He's not saying Ultron would, he pretty explicitly implied it would be Loki instigating it disguised as Odin, maybe using something that happened in AOU as a catalyst to/justification for it...which makes sense, Loki hates Midgard and he would obviously try to destroy it with all the might of Asgard disguised as Odin.
Yep all that. But what about Ragnok though? How will all that fit?

Old 01-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #270
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yep all that. But what about Ragnok though? How will all that fit?
Maybe it's that storyline when Surter invading Earth. I forgot the issues though.

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #271
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah, I see that now. I'm still not crazy about the idea, though. Loki leading an invasion of earth is pretty redundant, isn't it? Thor's source material has so much more to offer.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #272
Mr. Dent
Banned User

the invasion of Earth might not be the focus, and it's the spin of it being Thor and Asgard doing it that makes it different.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #273
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
sneak peek of gag reel: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/172...bloopers.jhtml (note, this appears to only be viewable in the U.S.)
I like it, another

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #274
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post

Love it

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #275
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Maybe it's that storyline when Surter invading Earth. I forgot the issues though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
I like it, another