The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 02-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #301
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikko View Post
Watched it first time yesterday. I am a big Marvel fan but it sure annoys me the pronunciation og the characters names. Mostly when Odin or anybody else says Frigga.

I am from Iceland, the country where the norse mythology comes from, because Snorri Sturluson who wrote a book in the 13th century called "Edda" where he wrote the stories of the norse gods. I have read it many times.

Odins wife is called Frigg, just Frigg
Thor (Þór) is the son of Odin and a woman called Jörð (earth)
Thor´s wife is Sif.

But enough of wisdom from mister knowitall. The movie was good I would give it 8 out of 10.

But I also reccomend that you people get to know "Edda" or "The Prose Edda"
I like the differences because Marvel's version of Norse mythology is its own thing like the things seen in Greek mythology and Wonder Woman with DC. But yeah, I think there is a rise in interest of Norse mythology due to Marvel's films. I myself have been interested in it for years after watching the somewhat "hated but I love" film Beowulf, the Robert Zemeckis animated one. Since then Vikings have really fascinated me which lead to my interest in Norse mythology due to the mention of them a couple of times in the film(I know the film isn't part of Norse mythology).

Now everytime my cousins watch How to Train Your Dragon or something Viking related they flip out with excitement when Odin, Loki, or Thor is mentioned and I'm like "it's not the Marvel characters dangit!" Marvel's version of the characters seem popular than the actual mythology it's based on these days. I know alot of people who think some Viking book or movie or even game is Marvel related because it involves Thor or Loki. They don't understand when I tell them it's not Marvel. Saying that though, I love Marvel's version.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #302
warriorking
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

A little over 8 Hours and the Digital version of TDW becomes available..
Tomorrow is my day off from work so I know what I will be doing...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #303
eeffos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
A little over 8 Hours and the Digital version of TDW becomes available..
Tomorrow is my day off from work so I know what I will be doing...
Methinks I'll be doing the same thing, though it'll be after I get home from work. Then it'll be time to pour a glass of mead, wake up my Roku, turn it to Vudu, and enter the Dark World!!! Can't wait!!

eeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #304
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Can't wait for this to hit later this month! So excited to watch it again! Plus all hail the king one shot!

Old 02-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #305
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

In case anyone care to read it here's my review of the All Hail the King short: http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2014...ker-mandarin-s

It's not spoiler heavy but there are spoilers (really no way to avoid it). If you're like me and like surprises, skip it. Those those who don't mind I tried detailing the Easter Eggs and cameos as best I could.

Cheers

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #306
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Why in the hell did they delete that scene between Thor and Friga!?

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #307
J.Howlett

There's a nice deleted scene between Jane and Thor after Frigga's death where Jane apologizes about the whole situation that was real nice. I can see why it was cut. It technically goes over the same info about the Aether that Odin did with Jane and Thor earlier. But, it's just a nice scene.

Also the extended Vanahiem opening is way better than the actual version we got in the film. Just a fuller opening.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #308
warriorking
Side-Kick

It seems that even with the deleted scenes the movie would still have come in under 2 hours.
Also no additional scenes with Malaketh and Thor it seems..
Thought there would be more deleted scenes...
I agree the extended Vanahiem scene should have been left in the movie, I also thought the scene with Thor and Jane should have stayed as well, It showed just how smart and clever she is by quickly learning to use asgards technology...
I wonder if all the deleted scenes are included in the digital version, there are a few scenes from the trailers that I have yet to see..

Last edited by warriorking; 02-04-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #309
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea Marvel does annoy me with their cuts. Whether it's the director or the producers, it doesn't matter. They want to keep their films with a brisk pace, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to let the story breathe and slow down a little bit. Especially for emotional scenes.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #310
J.Howlett

Quote:
It seems that even with the deleted scenes the movie would still have come in under 2 hours.
Also no additional scenes with Malaketh and Thor it seems..
Thought there would be more deleted scenes...
I agree the extended Vanahiem scene should have been left in the movie, I also thought the scene with Thor and Jane should have stayed as well, It showed just how smart and clever she is by quickly learning to use asgards technology...
I wonder if all the deleted scenes are included in the digital version, there are a few scenes from the trailers that I have yet to see..
All the deleted scenes on the digital version are the same on the Blu-Ray release.

Those scenes that were shown in the trailer, I bet, will eventually show up in a deleted scene section of the Phase 2 box set in a year or so.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #311
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Yea Marvel does annoy me with their cuts. Whether it's the director or the producers, it doesn't matter. They want to keep their films with a brisk pace, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to let the story breathe and slow down a little bit. Especially for emotional scenes.
110% this, its really hurting their movies in phase 2 so far.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #312
The Endless
WE are Groot

Well they did the same with The Incredible Hulk and the first Thor movie too. And those scenes weren't just frivolous, they added some emotional depth. I just don't understand why they would sacrifice those things.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #313
warriorking
Side-Kick

Really like the short feature "A Brothers journey" and how in depth they go in the development of the two in each film..
Gives a good prospective on what has happened as well as where it has and will lead..
You also see how important Thor is to Marvel and how much stock it has invested in his development ..
They say that Thor is basically the top of the food chain in comparison to all the other heros in the marvel universe...

Thor is going to get some major OMG moments in AOU...

Last edited by warriorking; 02-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #314
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I liked the extended Vanahiem battle opening as well. Both Thor movies had some great character moments that got left on the cutting room floor like the scene with Frigga and Odin arguing about Thor's banishment in the first film.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #315
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Really like the short feature "A Brothers journey" and how in depth they go in the development of the two in each film..
Gives a good prospective on what has happened as well as where it has and will lead..
You also see how important Thor is to Marvel and how much stock it has invested in his development ..
They say that Thor is basically the top of the food chain in comparison to all the other heros in the marvel universe...

Thor is going to get some major OMG moments in AOU...
It was a nice one and I certainly hope they let Thor live up to that in AoU.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #316
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Well they did the same with The Incredible Hulk and the first Thor movie too. And those scenes weren't just frivolous, they added some emotional depth. I just don't understand why they would sacrifice those things.
Yeah but I would say it effected TIH more than Thor, Thor is probably my favourite Marvel movie so I like it as is, but at the same time I wouldnt turn down a DC for it.

TDW had a lot more to cover though and more characters to deal with, yet was the shortest MCU movie yet, baffling.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #317
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Anyone seen this yet?

Honest Trailers - Thor: The Dark World
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #318
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Blu-Ray ad
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5_QJmKk9s

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #319
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Anyone seen this yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
"Ride along with the God of Thunder."

"We are not gods."

"Ride along with the....guy of Thunder."

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #320
Rhomee
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Anyone seen this yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
"Now you're thinking with Portals."

/slayed

Rhomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #321
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Anyone seen this yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Both honest trailers for Thor are funny.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #322
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Anyone seen this yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'...with the help of her wacky sidekick, and her other wacky sidekick, and her other wacky sidekick's wacky sidekick.'

LMAO

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #323
Loki882
Side-Kick

I love the joke about Heimdall being all-seeing, except for the stuff that's right in front of him. Also "why does the elf man want to shoot magic Kool-Aid into the sky portals?" That one had me in stiches, good question.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:46 AM   #324
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Not sure where to post this, but...

Frigga and Loki have similar "death". They both died from impalement. If Loki could come back to life, couldn't Frigga do the same considering they have the same magic power? Means to say Kurse actually stabbed an illusion of Frigga?

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #325
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Not sure where to post this, but...

Frigga and Loki have similar "death". They both died from impalement. If Loki could come back to life, couldn't Frigga do the same considering they have the same magic power? Means to say Kurse actually stabbed an illusion of Frigga?
Well it's possible that something else may have gone on that we haven't seen yet.

Some theories that I've heard from others are that Loki really did "die" but was brought back from an unknown third party (Possibly Hela) in order to accomplish something as part of a deal.

Or it's possible that Loki had the foresight to use some kind of projection of himself that could feel physically real to others and take the fatal blow while he himself remained safe and hidden.

But Frigga is definitely dead.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote