The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #326
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well it's possible that something else may have gone on that we haven't seen yet.

Some theories that I've heard from others are that Loki really did "die" but was brought back from an unknown third party (Possibly Hela) in order to accomplish something as part of a deal.

Or it's possible that Loki had the foresight to use some kind of projection of himself that could feel physically real to others and take the fatal blow while he himself remained safe and hidden.

But Frigga is definitely dead.
Yeah that was what kinda bothers me. Say, Loki "cloned" himself, Frigga should be smart enough to do that as well. Sad to see her go, definitely :-(

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #327
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Brief interview with stunt Chloe Bruce:

http://lospaziobianco.com/372-thor-t...oe-bruce-stunt

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Carlo Comicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #328
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Maybe now they'll explore Thor's true parentage. Probably not though.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #329
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Not sure where to post this, but...

Frigga and Loki have similar "death". They both died from impalement. If Loki could come back to life, couldn't Frigga do the same considering they have the same magic power? Means to say Kurse actually stabbed an illusion of Frigga?
Frigga was using her gift at the time to shield Jane from Malekith. Loki was not preoccupied, so maintaining the illusion wouldn't have been as hard.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #330
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Maybe now they'll explore Thor's true parentage. Probably not though.
I am 100% certain that his true parentage in the MCU is "Odin and Frigga".

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Wow, I just saw another deleted scene featuring Thor and Jane on Asgard, and I can't for the life of me understand WHY anyone thought it'd be a good idea to cut it out and still leave in the Darcy scenes.

Basically the scene takes place after Frigga's death and before Jane is confined where we see Thor coming across her studying inside one of Asgard's Libraries and her learning and explaining to Thor on how the Aether works. We see Tyr come in and arrest Jane in front of Thor, which gets him upset but Jane calms him down so that he doesn't get in trouble because of her.

This and apart from the other deleted scenes that I've heard of, I really wish Marvel would release a new cut for this film.

I feel like Thor: TDW is pretty much the Phase 2 example of "The Incredible Hulk" where bad editing has really hurt the quality of the film.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #332
Nathan

Finally got to watch the Movie. Despite Darcy and her lame intern, the Movie was surprisingly much, much less annoying than Iron Man 3 for me.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #333
seahammer
Asgardian

A couple of things after re-watching the movie:

-When Thor has his first talk with Odin and Odin asks "is Vanaheim secure?" Thor responds "As are Nornheim and Ria." I had no idea what Ria was, but I looked it up and according to the all mighty internet, that's where the Kronans are from. Neat easter egg.

-Another easter egg-ish thing that I didn't notice on the big screen was that Jane's equipment in the disappearing bottle scene has a tiny SHIELD logo on it. It's right when Darcy is asking for Jane's shoe.

-Finally, I kinda wish they'd named Chris O'Dowd's character Keith Kincaid (or just Keith) instead of Richard.

I didn't really notice anything new, but I really enjoyed watching it again!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #334
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Same here. Recently watched it again. Really really enjoyable. I really can't understand all the negative sentiment and lukewarm reviews. An improvement over the original Thor IMO.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:27 AM   #335
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Yeah for me Thor is my favourite MS franchise and I love the others too,but I loved all the crazy stuff they showed in this movie,it wasn't ashamed of its nature and really was like reading a comic book.I actually think it will help audience to accept a concept like GOTG because of all the heavy fantasy/cosmic stuff they put in this one.

Last edited by First Avenger; 02-15-2014 at 03:57 AM.
First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #336
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Wow, I just saw another deleted scene featuring Thor and Jane on Asgard, and I can't for the life of me understand WHY anyone thought it'd be a good idea to cut it out and still leave in the Darcy scenes.

Basically the scene takes place after Frigga's death and before Jane is confined where we see Thor coming across her studying inside one of Asgard's Libraries and her learning and explaining to Thor on how the Aether works. We see Tyr come in and arrest Jane in front of Thor, which gets him upset but Jane calms him down so that he doesn't get in trouble because of her.

This and apart from the other deleted scenes that I've heard of, I really wish Marvel would release a new cut for this film.

I feel like Thor: TDW is pretty much the Phase 2 example of "The Incredible Hulk" where bad editing has really hurt the quality of the film.

Yeah, its a mess in the editing department. Serious scenes butted up against slapstick. Lack of development. Scenes cut short. Etc.

I just cant see the reason for cutting these scenes. They work beautifully and provjde valuable info. I could understand if the film had been running long, but the film is 105 minutes. These scenes would have made it 113 minutes, and that,s perfectly acceptable. I do remember Taylor felt that the first act was too dialogue and exposition heavy. Maybe that was why these scenes got the chop. Bad decision imo.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-15-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #337
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I am 100% certain that his true parentage in the MCU is "Odin and Frigga".
I'm more like 90% sure of that, but I take your point.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #338
warriorking
Side-Kick

I wonder even though its not in the deleted scenes if the part where Frigga is stabbed and killed whether the scene was longer.
It seemed when they cut to Odin before he was knelling down over her body the scene was not quite right, sort of like it was edited down from a longer scene.
Odin would have got there well before Thor one would think, and from the trailers Malekith asked what would you be willing to sacrifice..
Which was nowhere in the final cut of the movie...
I really believe that Malekith and Odin had a brief enchange before her stabbing and Thor's appearance ...

Last edited by warriorking; 02-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.
warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #339
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I remember that they re-edited that scene because people at the test screenings did not like it.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #340
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Yes, the original had Malekith and Kurse have Frigga when Odin came in and Malekith talked Odin into laying down his spear, only to kill Frigga anyway. The test screening audience hated it since Odin wouldn't do that, which Feige then agreed with and said that they had made a mistake. He also said that it was a writing error, not the fault of Tyler or any of the actors since they portrayed the scene well, they just shouldn't have been asked to do it.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #341
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Picked this up from the theater Last friday

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #342
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Look who's back!

Old 02-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #343
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, just do not ASK about WS. pain in the whoha jerk hacked me. STILL haven't figured out where exactly, but my Modship should be back too soon.

....to every King.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #344
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

I noticed that, was wondering about that. Good to have ya back. Nice poster dude.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #345
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thanks, now if I can find a WS poster lol

....to every King.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #346
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Basically we had to take the modship off because the hacker was going into the Mod section you guys can't see and was talking in THERE too.

....to every King.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #347
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Picked this up from the theater Last friday

Welcome back!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #348
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thanks Seahammer!

....to every King.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #349
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Good to see you here, Vartha! Awesome poster!

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #350
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Yeah, just do not ASK about WS. pain in the whoha jerk hacked me. STILL haven't figured out where exactly, but my Modship should be back too soon.
Quote:
Basically we had to take the modship off because the hacker was going into the Mod section you guys can't see and was talking in THERE too.
Yikes

Well...glad to see you back

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote