The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #326
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

I'm fine with change unless it makes things uglier/more offensive in some way. I don't like Supes New 52 costume because it's ugly, not because of a change. I much prefer the MOS design to that. So, I have more faith in Snyder than DC comics.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #327
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Someone chop this pic with Wonder Gal.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #328
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I'd be perfectly fine if she wore a costume like that. The only thing that I would change is to give her shoulder straps or something to that affect. Basically, they would help explain how her top doesn't fall down whenever she fights, flies, or does any kind of strenuous physical activity.
i like that costume too, but what i've highlighted is the fatal flaw to all of these comments about realism and practicality of the costumes. in the end, it's fantasy. not everything needs to be explained imo. lynda carter never needed straps.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #329
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Fantasy strapless costume that never falls down? Neat. Really helps immerse me in the long-neglected fantasy world of WW. Straps would surely spoil it all.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #330
roach
I am the night

I really wish they show us the costume so we can stop arguing about what we think they should do.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #331
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I really wish they show us the costume so we can stop arguing about what we think they should do.
Seriously. i think there's one thing we can be sure of though. We'll get either pants or a battleskirt.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #332
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Ditto. Just show it to us and rip off the bandaid.

Same with the batsuit.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #333
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Seriously. i think there's one thing we can be sure of though. We'll get either pants or a battleskirt.
Honestly with what I am hearing about the bat suit being comics faithful...i could see them doing the traditional WW suit...so I don't think we can be sure of anything...other than the bracelets and tiara.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #334
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I have to admit, I'll be really, really disappointed if we get some skimpy costume. Being "comics faithful" is no excuse. It might make me question all the times I've said Snyder has good taste in costumes. But that's just me. I'm sure most people would be happy with that.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #335
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
i like that costume too, but what i've highlighted is the fatal flaw to all of these comments about realism and practicality of the costumes. in the end, it's fantasy. not everything needs to be explained imo. lynda carter never needed straps.
They've gone out of their (both DC and Marvel) to explain how every other costume in superhero movies in the last few years works. Why would WW be any different, especially since hers needs more explanation than most?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #336
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I don't think armor needs explaining. Her HERITAGE might

Old 12-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #337
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
It's funny, people saying "add straps and give her a battleskirt". The straps are to keep her boobs from flying out during combat, as if the same physics during combat won't make her skirt go up.

My question is what would she be wearing under the skirt ? Because we're gonna see it if we're to adhere to the same laws of physics like with the top. And if what she's wearing underneath is decent enough to be shown, can't we then just go with the 'classic' look ?

My other point is the same laws of physics that make a grapple gun lift a 220 pound male and sometimes an extra person off the ground are the same physics that'll keep her top up, CB physics.

As much as I like the Smallville pic above I'll be really disappointed if that is what we got because of the discrepancy.

Or y'know, they could write scenes where here boobs don't go flying out. People will be wondering the same things they've always wondered about cb films and in the end just shrug it off.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 12-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #338
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I think the skirt can show the shorts, especially if they are less than revealing as usually. I think it's a nice compromise. Fans of the classic look will see it any time she does anything that defies gravity, and those who prefer the gladiator look will have it most of the time.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #339
MrsKent26
Whatever.

The skirt could also be leather. It will flip up when she kicks and stuff, but it won't just blow up all the time.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #340
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

*shakes head* People will come up with any argument to keep her in a bustier and panties. Now we're talking about the laws of physics? Well I guess that's better than historically accurate. I'll give you that.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #341
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Something like this could be neat.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #342
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Yes. I could see that with WW's colors.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #343
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
*shakes head* People will come up with any argument to keep her in a bustier and panties. Now we're talking about the laws of physics? Well I guess that's better than historically accurate. I'll give you that.
who was arguing historical accuracy to keep her in bustier and panties?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #344
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
who was arguing historical accuracy to keep her in bustier and panties?
I don't want to have to find the post in the Gadot is Wondy thread, but there is someone (several people) who said that her costume is more historically accurate. I'm not making this up. It's in a Batman thread too.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #345
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Nope, you aren't. I've heard it more than once, along with some other choice excuses.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #346
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
haha, nah I don't want to have her in panties just because, though I do prefer that look I understand why it could be problematic.

I just think if you're gonna give her straps for one reason you then can't give her a skirt, for that same reason. Unless they have her wear something under the skirt that isn't too revealing in the first place of course.

I actually kinda like the new 52 pants look. That could work. Like I read somewhere earlier, Faora was sexy and she did it without the skimpy outfit. I just want these characters to look like the comics.

Except for underwear on the outside :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Something like this could be neat.
Yeah thats cool.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #347
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Something like this seems good.

Since the shorts aren't that revealing anyway, any fetishtistic quality of the skirt is gone.

While at the same time you aren't upsetting the people who are bothered by pretty much bare legs or those who just like the battleskirt.

When they do get revealed, I'm betting half the audience says "That's not so bad" and the other half is "That's too much skin"

Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #348
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
haha, nah I don't want to have her in panties just because, though I do prefer that look I understand why it could be problematic.

I just think if you're gonna give her straps for one reason you then can't give her a skirt, for that same reason. Unless they have her wear something under the skirt that isn't too revealing in the first place of course.

I actually kinda like the new 52 pants look. That could work. Like I read somewhere earlier, Faora was sexy and she did it without the skimpy outfit. I just want these characters to look like the comics.

Except for underwear on the outside :P
Okay, let me see if I can explain why the strap might be necessary. I keep calling Wondy's top a bustier because in fact it is a bustier. The design of that sort of top is meant to lift the breasts as well as draw attention to them. Here's a better example of a straight Wondy bustier.

You see where you eyes are going?????? Straps while not drawing the eyes away take away the bustier element. I'd be okay if the costume didn't have straps, but I can see why straps might be needed.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-26-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #349
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Damn, even Kim Kardashian adds tights to the costume. Just pointing out the irony.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #350
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

It's a little tricky to fight crime or the paparazzi in just your panties.

Closed Thread