The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #551
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
The choker is one little thing that's easy to get rid of. Total non issue.
Not saying it's easy or hard to get rid of. Just never understood why it was added when they changed her costume. But, I guess they really like it since they still kept it for the New 52.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #552
batboy99
BTVS

Just a design element to break up the "empty space".

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #553
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
^^Agreed. I'd like her to look like a warrior in some sort of modified armor.
I would like to see it in the movie but I wouldn't like it for her superhero look.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #554
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I would like to see it in the movie but I wouldn't like it for her superhero look.
Why not? She's a warrior from a famed culture of women warriors. It would seem appropriate.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #555
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Like I've said before, those leggings just look like the clothes women are wearing for everyday use like going out with their friends. It also will probably look really dated in a few years time whereas the battle skirt is more classic and timeless.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #556
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Why not? She's a warrior from a famed culture of women warriors. It would seem appropriate.
I have in mind an arc for her that while she comes from a warrior society she embraces a more 'super heroic' mentality. I think that Superman that just came up with his no kill rule and a Batman that never kills...these guys would have an issue with a WW portraying a warrior image.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #557
charl_huntress

Quote:
I have in mind an arc for her that while she comes from a warrior society she embraces a more 'super heroic' mentality. I think that Superman that just came up with his no kill rule and a Batman that never kills...these guys would have an issue with a WW portraying a warrior image.
Hmmm...I see what you mean and if that was the case then the armor might not be appropriate.

I am actually hoping they play up her warrior origin. It's what really makes her distinct in my mind, and I think that would give her a more fascinating arc. I like the idea she came here to investigate Superman and perhaps take him out if needed. I also like the idea of her deciding his principles are worth fight for and she decides to take the up the mantle to join them in the cause because she decides man's world is worthy.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #558
batboy99
BTVS

Wonder Woman only kills when it's absolutely needed, not for pleasure or for any kind of fun.

As long as they keep that in mind

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #559
charl_huntress

Hmmm...out of all the heroes in DC's pantheon, I've always thought Wondy the most pragmatic when it came to killing. She looks on it like a necessary evil that must be done in some cases IMO.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #560
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Hmmm...I see what you mean and if that was the case then the armor might not be appropriate.

I am actually hoping they play up her warrior origin. It's what really makes her distinct in my mind, and I think that would give her a more fascinating arc. I like the idea she came here to investigate Superman and perhaps take him out if needed. I also like the idea of her deciding his principles are worth fight for and she decides to take the up the mantle to join them in the cause because she decides man's world is worthy.
exactly what I see. I makes her more than just a supporting character and it reinforces the idea that Superman inspires everyone else.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #561
charl_huntress

Quote:
exactly what I see. I makes her more than just a supporting character and it reinforces the idea that Superman inspires everyone else.
I also like the idea of her coming here to assess Superman because she knows of a larger and more dangerous threat. I'm hoping however they tie her into this movie, she will have a purpose for being here.

Though you know, someone suggested in another thread long ago it might be cool to see a Wondy who has already been here since 1940. I've been turning that around in my mind. It could be an interesting angle depending on how it is played.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-28-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #562
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Hmmm...out of all the heroes in DC's pantheon, I've always thought Wondy the most pragmatic when it came to killing. She looks on it like a necessary evil that must be done in some cases IMO.
Yeah pretty much. She kills when she has to, not just because. One of the major things the failed pilot got wrong. Big time.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #563
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Just a design element to break up the "empty space".
Empty space of the neck?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #564
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
She can still have that super heroic mentality wearing a warrior armor, is not the suit that makes the hero, but his/her ideals.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #565
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
She can still have that super heroic mentality wearing a warrior armor, is not the suit that makes the hero, but his/her ideals.
The catchphrase of every comic movie designer who doesn't want to make an actual costume.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #566
charl_huntress

Quote:
Yeah pretty much. She kills when she has to, not just because. One of the major things the failed pilot got wrong. Big time.
I never saw the pilot. I missed that one along with the defunct Aquaman. Let me add...I don't want to see either of them because I heard they were awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Empty space of the neck?
Hahah...don't be fooled Lencho... The choker was added for one reason and one reason only. To draw more attention to her neckline and breasts. Not a big surprise there considering she's wearing a bustier and panties.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #567
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Hahah...don't be fooled Lencho... The choker was added for one reason and one reason only. To draw more attention to her neckline and breasts. Not a big surprise there considering she's wearing a bustier and panties.
I can't speak for anyone, but I don't need a choker to notice a woman's neckline and breasts.

"

Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #568
charl_huntress

Quote:
I can't speak for anyone, but I don't need a choker to notice a woman's neckline and breasts.
As batboy says it helps to break up the...empty space. Meaning if you were looking at the breasts then you could always say you were really looking at the choker. Get it... lol

Old 12-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #569
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
While that is true she will be teaming up with guys who's costumes speak their theme...as we saw in MOS the \S/ stands for hope...which is what Superman embodies.
Batman is about fear...which why he dresses as a bat...to scare evil doers.
I suspect that Wonder Woman's costume will exude the theme that they define for her character.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #570
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
As batboy says it helps to break up the...empty space. Meaning if you were looking at the breasts then you could always say you were really looking at the choker. Get it... lol
Pfft. I don't need to excuse what I'm looking at.

"

Old 12-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #571
charl_huntress

No you don't Lencho.... no you don't...lol

Old 12-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #572
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
well if they cover it all up with straps then you got nothing to look at, brah.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #573
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
No you don't Lencho.... no you don't...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
well if they cover it all up with straps then you got nothing to look at, brah.
Yeah, it's a Catch-22... Unless it's low cut enough!

"

Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #574
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Like I've said before, those leggings just look like the clothes women are wearing for everyday use like going out with their friends. It also will probably look really dated in a few years time whereas the battle skirt is more classic and timeless.
And again, I want to know what town you live in because I've NEVER seen women dress like that "just to go out with friends."

Old 12-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #575
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
And again, I want to know what town you live in because I've NEVER seen women dress like that "just to go out with friends."
If theya re club going Women looking to attract men then yea the will where something like that.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread