The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #751
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
George Washington did.

He must have been a very empowered individual, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:30 PM   #752
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
He must have been a very empowered individual, lol.
He founded this country on the back of a T-Rex....(this post would have been funnier with the image hot linked but...well you know)

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #753
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Don't forget vampire slaying Abraham Lincoln. He freed slaves while decapitating vampires. That's some awesome **** right there!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #754
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
He founded this country on the back of a T-Rex....(this post would have been funnier with the image hot linked but...well you know)

Indeed, lol.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #755
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Whatever is the sexiest is historically accurate.
And also the most relevant in WW's long history of costume changes.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #756
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
He also had a thong that was furry on the inside to keep it from chaffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #757
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

There's also historical precedent for a short battleskirt, as well.

And also, thin, long dresses that may or may not cover certain taboo regions in the US were also worn.

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 12-31-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #758
roach
I am the night

I'm pretty sure i posted those pics back a few pages

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #759
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I'm sure you did. Funny enough, the variety of costumes worn by various Amazons implies that history (and the design) is up to interpretation, thus bringing us all back to square one

Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #760
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

The only thing that is universally understood is that they had a unibood and no one wants that so.... yep square one.

Quote:
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #761
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ I'm sure you did. Funny enough, the variety of costumes worn by various Amazons implies that history (and the design) is up to interpretation, thus bringing us all back to square one
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #762
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Well... I like the designs of her armor to reflect a quasi/gestalt Greco-Roman influence, but... What if they go with the idea of the Amazons being truly advanced in Magic AND Science? In the comics you have the purple ray for healing and some other tech (*cough*THE INVISIBLE JET*cough*) that could be explained by the Amazon's continuing the scientific advancements known in the ancient world. The rationale could be something like, "Well of course my people are more technologically advanced than yours Steve. We have live in peace while the rest of the world perfected war and strife. We never had a Dark Ages, or witch hunts. And among my sisters the honing of oneself is equally about body and mind. We do not belittle those of us whose excellence is expressed through intellect and wisdom."

This could affect how the island looks and what the design of her costume is. If the Amazons are more like a tech/magic mixture then a less ancient inspired costume and armor makes sense. If they are more classic "ancient warrior" types with magic being a primary rationale for the strength of their arms and the like then the outfits should reflect that.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #763
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Well... I like the designs of her armor to reflect a quasi/gestalt Greco-Roman influence, but... What if they go with the idea of the Amazons being truly advanced in Magic AND Science? In the comics you have the purple ray for healing and some other tech (*cough*THE INVISIBLE JET*cough*) that could be explained by the Amazon's continuing the scientific advancements known in the ancient world. The rationale could be something like, "Well of course my people are more technologically advanced than yours Steve. We have live in peace while the rest of the world perfected war and strife. We never had a Dark Ages, or witch hunts. And among my sisters the honing of oneself is equally about body and mind. We do not belittle those of us whose excellence is expressed through intellect and wisdom."

This could affect how the island looks and what the design of her costume is. If the Amazons are more like a tech/magic mixture then a less ancient inspired costume and armor makes sense. If they are more classic "ancient warrior" types with magic being a primary rationale for the strength of their arms and the like then the outfits should reflect that.
This sounds like a cool idea but I can't help but feel this is exactly how they portrayed Asgard in Thor and Thor 2.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #764
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
The concept of broken chains hanging from the bracers played with in the one design was a few pages back was really cool.
It looks great, but what message does it say about the character? She's an escaped slave or prisoner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Yes, but that still is a roman soldier.
And the later Rome is actually very different from Ancient Greece. For example, ancient Greece was known to be more woman-friendly (especially the fictional Amazons!), but the Roman empire that replaced was highly influential to cementing us on the path to the patriarchal society that still holds firm today. Think of what that would mean for a character like Wonder Woman if her heritage were just rolled into the stuff that came later. "Yeah, Greek/Roman same difference!" No.

And yeah, you can't just put her in a one-piece bathing suit and expect the audience to go along with it. It has to make sense as a character choice. If she's not making an active choice to be seen as a garish superhero, like The Amazing Spider-man for example, then her unusual clothing needs to make sense from another perspective. Putting her in red/black armor with bronze detailing makes sense as "classical" armor, even if it's not ACTUALLY that realistic. We can BELIEVE that she would wear unusual battle armor, even if we would have a hard time believing that this Amazon warrior-princess wouldn't wear a red and blue swimsuit.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #765
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
This sounds like a cool idea but I can't help but feel this is exactly how they portrayed Asgard in Thor and Thor 2.
You aint wrong here. I do worry about that. Which is why I wants da magics!!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #766
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
It looks great, but what message does it say about the character? She's an escaped slave or prisoner?
Well in the comics the Amazonians were enslaved and wear the bracelets as a reminder of their captivity.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #767
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Roach...le sigh...similarity to Marvel movies can't be avoided since Marvel was built on copycatting DC.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #768
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Roach...le sigh...similarity to Marvel movies can't be avoided since Marvel was built on copycatting DC.
It can be avoided if the source material isn't anything similar to what Marvel has done.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #769
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
It can be avoided if the source material isn't anything similar to what Marvel has done.
There's going to be some overlap anyway. Might as well pick and choose what works and not be worried about it being similar.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #770
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
So, found this:

It's very interesting. Almost every WW costume is the same but this one dares to be different. I don't think it would work as a costume though, at least not as the main one, but it has some nice ideas and shows a different take on Wondie.

Nice! Something like this would work on film.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #771
roach
I am the night

Quote:
There's going to be some overlap anyway. Might as well pick and choose what works and not be worried about it being similar.
Is there a Marvel character that has over lap with Wonder Woman? Maybe Power Princess but that's intentional.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #772
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

The fan art above is how I would picture Kristen Stewart as Wonder Woman.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #773
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Is there a Marvel character that has over lap with Wonder Woman? Maybe Power Princess but that's intentional.
You're comparing it to Thor not me.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #774
roach
I am the night

Quote:
You're comparing it to Thor not me.
I was merely pointing out that someone's idea was very much like what Marvel did for Thor...someone agreed with me. You said there is bound to be over lap. I said if they follow the source material there will be no overlap since there is no Marvel character that comes from an island of warrior amazons.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #775
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

There will be overlap anyway. My point is pick and choose what works and don't worry about overlap.

Closed Thread