The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Default Re: Man of Steel true sequel or not?

I would vote "not", if there were a poll.

It's basically a mini Justice League movie that cheats Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman out of crucial solo films.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's clearly a true sequel in every sense of the word.

It's just not only about Superman. And so what? None of the Superman films have only been about Superman. I'll take Batman over Richard Pryor any day, though.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
vantheman77
Side-Kick

If there's anything that Man of Steel is taking from Smallville, it's Superman's interaction with other DCU heroes.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
InJustice
Side-Kick

The hyperbole in this thread is downright amazing. Can't we wait until the first trailer guys? (inb4trailerisbashedfornotshowingDCcharacters).

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Well they're continuing man of steel's universe and story, so of course it's a true sequel.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
The hyperbole in this thread is downright amazing. Can't we wait until the first trailer guys? (inb4trailerisbashedfornotshowingDCcharacters).
It's quite simple. If Batman gets substantial screen time then this movie should be called World's Finest which should be separate from MOS2.

Keeping them separate means more money for WB and more films for the fans.

I'm not sure why they took this route. Impatience, maybe?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #32
kguillou
Side-Kick

You know, I was thinking about making a similar thread but I didn't want to be "that guy" and be a buzzkill. Look, I'm very happy we finally have Wonder Woman and I am actually very happy with the choice as well. But, I do think there is valid reason for concern here as to how much of this movie will be centered on Superman. DC's three biggest superheroes are all going to occupy the same screen for the first time and I can't see them playing second fiddle to Superman. People keep saying "oh, but WW will probably only be in it for 5 minutes". Really? I highly, highly doubt that. DC/ WB wouldn't have made this big announcement today if WW wasn't going to be an integral part of this film. If this was some small cameo then they would have kept it a secret until the film's release.

As much as I am excited for this I can't help but feel skeptical and a little worried that this is no longer about Superman anymore. Is this film still going to be about Clark's journey to becoming Superman or is this going to be a superhero team up film?

Last edited by kguillou; 12-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #33
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Well I think the Batman/Superman logo is a pretty big indicator that this isn't just a Superman movie.

But personally I'd be fine with any of these:
-If it's primarily a Superman movie
-If it's primarily a Superman/Batman movie
-If it's a Superman/Batman/Wonder-Woman movie

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #34
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

I'm looking at this movie as a post-origin story for WW and Batman (of course), I feel that this is still a Supes sequel, these heroes will come in to battle a common enemey and Supes will take the leadership role and teach everybody some moral values (we all know how Bats deals with things, and WW is a no-nonsense character as well). This movie will help shape who he is as a hero and have the other heroes look up to him.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #35
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Well I think the Batman/Superman logo is a pretty big indicator that this isn't just a Superman movie.

But personally I'd be fine with any of these:
-If it's primarily a Superman movie
-If it's primarily a Superman/Batman movie
-If it's a Superman/Batman/Wonder-Woman movie
If it's the second choice then it should be called World's Finest leaving the MOS sequel available for a Superman only story arc.

If it's the third choice then it should be called Justice League leaving the MOS sequel available for a Superman only story arc.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #36
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post

Trailer isn't going to be a a reliable piece of footage one way or the other.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #37
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
You know, I was thinking about making a similar thread but I didn't want to be "that guy" and be a buzzkill. Look, I'm very happy we finally have Wonder Woman and I am actually very happy with the choice as well. But, I do think there is valid reason for concern here as to how much of this movie will be centered on Superman. DC's three biggest superheroes are all going to occupy the same screen for the first time and I can't see them playing second fiddle to Superman. People keep saying "oh, but WW will probably only be in it for 5 minutes". Really? I highly, highly doubt that. DC/ WB wouldn't have made this big announcement today if WW wasn't going to be an integral part of this film. If this was some small cameo then they would have kept it a secret until the film's release.

As much as I am excited for this I can't help but feel skeptical and a little worried that this is no longer about Superman anymore. Is this film still going to be about Clark's journey to becoming Superman or is this going to be a superhero team up film?
i think the person who should worry the most is... Henry Cavill.
more people are coming in to steal his show, hopefully not on his paycheck too. lol

Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #38
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
If it's the second choice then it should be called World's Finest leaving the MOS sequel available for a Superman only story arc.

If it's the third choice then it should be called Justice League leaving the MOS sequel available for a Superman only story arc.
It's just a title.

Even if it's called World's Finest, it's still a Man of Steel sequel.

Avengers IS Thor 2 (and Cap 2, and TIH 2).

Thor: TDW and IM3 are direct sequels to the Avengers, not Thor 1 and IM2.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #39
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
It's just a title.

Even if it's called World's Finest, it's still a Man of Steel sequel.

Avengers IS Thor 2 (and Cap 2, and TIH 2).

Thor: TDW and IM3 are direct sequels to the Avengers, not Thor 1 and IM2.
My point is that World's Finest and MOS 2 should be separate.

Thor 2 and IM3 are sequels to Thor and IM2, they simply acknowledge the events that happened in The Avengers.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #40
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
My point is that World's Finest and MOS 2 should be separate.

Thor 2 and IM3 are sequels to Thor and IM2, they simply acknowledge the events that happened in The Avengers.
Well maybe they'll call the next solo Superman movie Man of Steel 2 and you can be happy

Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #41
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

It's all in the execution, but looking at what they're doing with the cast of characters makes me think this will be less of a Superman story and more of a Justice League one. These are three giant characters that they're putting in this with probably others still yet to be announced. You certainly can do a story in which Superman is the clear main character but it seems awfully difficult to do when you're simultaneously establishing new versions of Batman and Wonder Woman.

As always it's mostly just Zach Snyder and David Goyer that cause the concern. It can be done well but maybe not by them.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would vote "not", if there were a poll.

It's basically a mini Justice League movie that cheats Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman out of crucial solo films.
On the contrary, I think this strategy can build interest and hype up potential solo films, whether origin prequels (in the case of WW) or sequels (Batman).

Also, this approach can "test out" how the big three work on film. If audiences like WW but shun Batfleck, I can see his role being more minimal in a JL film.

But yeah, I think it's moving away from sequel territory, though I would say it is probably gonna be the DC equivalent of IM2-if we're lucky

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #43
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
i think the person who should worry the most is... Henry Cavill.
more people are coming in to steal his show, hopefully not on his paycheck too. lol
Well, at least Henry Cavill, unlike Brandon Routh, is getting the opportunity to play Superman again.

lc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #44
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
I'm looking at this movie as a post-origin story for WW and Batman (of course), I feel that this is still a Supes sequel, these heroes will come in to battle a common enemy and Supes will take the leadership role and teach everybody some moral values (we all know how Bats deals with things, and WW is a no-nonsense character as well). This movie will help shape who he is as a hero and have the other heroes look up to him.
Exactly, just like in Kingdom Come. This is the character development we've been waiting for.

Do we still even know she's going to suit up? If Diana's wearing the costume and being Wonder Woman, then we should be worried. At this point, she's just going to be a girl named Diana who's Bruce Wayne's love interest, remember that casting call everyone? At the end of the movie we'll probably find her in costume as Wonder Woman talking to Superman and Batman.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #45
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

I wonder if the WB pulled the wool over my eyes and BvS is actually JL. It was originally scheduled for a 2015 release. Flash now confirmed.

Justice League, which included Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Aquaman.

Four have been confirmed, Cyborg has been talked about and easter egged in Man of Steel. Aquaman has been heating up. Chances they bring in Ryan Reynolds too?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/12/04...ustice-league/

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
mace1
Side-Kick

Ironman 2 was less of a solo film then ironman 1 or 3,but even ironman 1 and 3 had the man to play and played war machine.

There will be man of steel 3 so maybe that will be more of a superman movie then 2.

it is more of the trinity film then justice league film but still a superman film.

Anybody seen superman batman apocalypse?.it was really a supergirl movie,but they had other superheroes in it but it was not a justice league movie. To truly be a justice league movie you must have green lantern and more super heroes from the tv show or original comics. At least 6 or 7 then it will be truly a justice league movie.

As for gal gabot,Christopher reeve and chris hemsworth were not that well known either.In fact her face is well known more then those two i mention before they became superman and thor.

mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #47
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't look at this as a MOS sequel. But I'm still looking forward to it.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #48
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Even if Flash and WW are in the movie, for it to be a Justice League movie, they would have to actually be the Justice League (aka working all as a team).

I imagine this movie might end with them all meeting or something, leading right into the JL movie.

(Maybe they'll pull a Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions and give the JL movie like less than a year later. More of a part 1/2 kind of thing, with BvsS as the part 1.)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 12-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #49
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

IMDB still lists JL to come out in 2017. But why isn't the movie named yet? Seems fishy. I had the thought that they were faking it and going to reveal JL at Comic Con next summer and so has tons of other people. It's almost obvious now. Why make such a big deal over WW if she's just a cameo? If she's more than a cameo, why can't the Flash and others? The only character with zero buzz is GL.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #50
Fiddlesbatch
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a sequel to Man of Steel. That doesn't mean it's going to be a Superman movie.

It's a Batman/Superman movie, thus the logo.
It´s a Superman movie. Otherwise there would not have Man of Steel as the first title.
And just an example: Iron Man 2 had Black Widow and Nick Fury, right?
And still is an Iron Man movie...or not?
MOS 2 won´t be different. Superman is the main character,the protagonist! Even if Batman,WW are also in the movie.

Fiddlesbatch is offline   Reply With Quote