The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #151
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
Aaron Paul would be awesome as Barry. I recently suggested Joel Kinnaman but maybe he'd be better suited for Hal. As for Sam Claflin, another decent choice for either character but I was thinking Aquaman for him. Perhaps Aquaman needs to be someone taller at least.
I agree. Paul would be a great Flash. As for the other two you mentioned, I'd switch them. Kinnaman as Aquaman and Claflin as Hal.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #152
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

To be honest, given the current depiction of Hal Jordan as
an arrogant hot-head, I think Chris Evans would have been perfect.

But back to the Flash.....

I don't get the Aaron Paul rave, yes he's current but is he
super-hero material ?

And, if the CW is doing a Flash show, (hey, I live in New Zealand, Tv here is way behind, we're still on series 2 of Hawai'i five O) then I suppose Grant Gustin will the Flash in the upcoming film.

But if I were in charge of casting, the big question is , is it Wally West or Barry Allen ?

For Barry Allen

1) Bradley Cooper, he's cool, but funny and doesn't take himself that
seriously.

2) Ryan Reynolds, much better suited to the Flash than GL, could still be
fixed though (again, remember Chris Evans ?) quick witted, smart mouth and the right build.

3) Paul Walker.....Rest in Peace. Enjoyed his F n F films, and apparently he was an all around good guy - embodies the essential decency of Barry Allen (remember this is the guy who sacrificed himself to save the universe back in 1985).

For Wally West

1) Garret Hedlund, not as good an actor as Cooper, but still pretty solid.

2) Logan Lerman, for a younger Wally,

3) Jamie Bell, better actor than both of the above, but would have to master an American accent.

Just IMO though.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #153
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
Pulling out my nerd/fan card here but Flash does in fact need to be fairly muscular. Everything in his body is accelerated, such as his bodies ability to heal. I know this will seem random but I have a point; the reasoning behind Wolverine being so physically perfect is that his muscles heal at an accelerated rate so that they are the very least the peak of human conditioning/muscularity/strength. If in fact Flash has accelerated healing, which he does, then they should both be the same physically. I will accept that because his metabolism is also accelerated that is incredibly difficult for Barry to keep on size however so he would look very lean at all times.
tl;dr Flash has accelerated healing, therefore peak physicality. Should at the very least be very lean with some size on him.
If this is the case then what you are saying is true. If his muscles head at such an accelerated rate then basically he could bodybuild every single day and not over train. Body building is basically tearing out or destroying your muscle so that when resting it repairs and builds stronger in proportion to the effort it will be required to that. So Flash could indeed become very muscular with training.

The diet though, if he has a very high metabolism, he will have to eat a lot more to put on mass, if he eats balanced, he will have some muscles and stay lean, and if he eats less, he would basically be slimmer but super ripped.

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Steve Cook is the ideal physique for Barry imo, maybe a tad less mass just due to his metabolism but very close. Sadly I know an actor would never be able to achieve this kind of conditioning.
So according to what you are saying, the actor playing Flash should be with decent mass but extremely shredded. Thankfully actors CAN pull off such a physique and have done so in the past.

Some examples are Henry Cavill in Immortals (not MOS lol, he's too muscly in that).

and Cam Gigandet in Never Back Down.

If these actors can get the correct physique, even the Flash actor should be able to. These days give an actor a good amount of time and a great trainer and he will mostly deliver.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #154
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Someone who is kind of toned/ athletic but that's not as important. They have to be young and be able to be funny/ witty. Since Flash can bring humor to the film.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 12-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #155
Bangarang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Someone who is kind of toned/ athletic but that's not as important. They have to be young and be able to be funny/ witty. Since Flash can bring humor to the film.
I have a strong feeling it will be Barry in this film, not Wally. This is based on Barry's recent exposure/success and the fact that he is the characters only hope of actually being taken serious by the general audience, everyone just thinks "he's a guy who runs fast". Barry is not the comic relief, and should not be treated as such. The only reason they always write the flash to be so stupid and funny is because if he actually was sharp and focused the rest of the league would be out of a job. The bottom line is that he is no more a comedic relief than anyone else.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #156
Bangarang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
If this is the case then what you are saying is true. If his muscles head at such an accelerated rate then basically he could bodybuild every single day and not over train. Body building is basically tearing out or destroying your muscle so that when resting it repairs and builds stronger in proportion to the effort it will be required to that. So Flash could indeed become very muscular with training.

The diet though, if he has a very high metabolism, he will have to eat a lot more to put on mass, if he eats balanced, he will have some muscles and stay lean, and if he eats less, he would basically be slimmer but super ripped.

So according to what you are saying, the actor playing Flash should be with decent mass but extremely shredded. Thankfully actors CAN pull off such a physique and have done so in the past.

Some examples are Henry Cavill in Immortals (not MOS lol, he's too muscly in that).

If these actors can get the correct physique, even the Flash actor should be able to. These days give an actor a good amount of time and a great trainer and he will mostly deliver.
You've got the general idea, although I can't stand Cam. I have faith they'll get the physique accomplished, I'm just worried about his personality and powers. He should move like Faora but faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK7_FsJE7Q

Last edited by Bangarang; 12-07-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #157
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Barry is not the comic relief, and should not be treated as such. The only reason they always write the flash to be so stupid and funny is because if he actually was sharp and focused the rest of the league would be out of a job. The bottom line is that he is no more a comedic relief than anyone else.
I would prefer if he has some serious elements to his character. He should not be the "Tony Stark" of the League.
Maybe there should be heavily focus on the fact that he's a police scientist.

And The Flash should be insanely powerful, because of the things he can to. Maybe he's even above the others? But isn't this what makes Justice League special? Every member is more godly than the rest, even if this statement doesn't seem logical. But I guess you know what I mean.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #158
Airwings
Waves of air

I don't agree on the majority of suggested actors here. Only a few.

But I have to bring him up again, a guy who is not a washed up former kid actor. Someone who actually still is somewhat relevant: Joe Mazzello.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #159
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I don't agree on the majority of suggested actors here. Only a few.

But I have to bring him up again, a guy who is not a washed up former kid actor. Someone who actually still is somewhat relevant: Joe Mazzello.
Excellent choice.

I think that getting another traditionally hunky guy, even if he's a good actor, is counterproductive to making Flash set itself apart from other superhero franchises. He'd just be "yet another" superhero.

For Flash, I'd like a lanky, dorky, somewhat eccentric dude who's not as handsome as he's charming. A Neil Patrick Harris type, and I only don't suggest him because he's a tad too old by now. I'd like this, basically, with some of the hipster-ness filtered out:

That would turn heads. Unconventional, at this point, can only mean more interesting.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #160
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Just saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire last night. I'd be really down with Sam Caflin playing Barry or Aquaman. He was great.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #161
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Just saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire last night. I'd be really down with Sam Caflin playing Barry or Aquaman. He was great.
I am in complete agreement here.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 12-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #162
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Confused

I was saying that based on recent rumors that Iris Allen is going to be black in the CW Flash show, that'd mean her nephew Wally/Kid Flash, would most likely be black too. Barry will definitely be in the spin off, that's why he's being introduced in Arrow
isn't iris adopted in the comics? wally could still be a ginger.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #163
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or Wally is adopted, that could work to.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #164
combocaz
Side-Kick

begging for a manip.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 12-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #165
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post

begging for a manip.
Definitely think he would make a great Flash.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #166
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Excellent choice.

I think that getting another traditionally hunky guy, even if he's a good actor, is counterproductive to making Flash set itself apart from other superhero franchises. He'd just be "yet another" superhero.
Thanks!

You make a valid point. The Flash needs to be different, and not generic. He's being compared to a couple of Marvel characters.
But I don't want to see an Iron Man/Spider-Man film where the character is called Barry Allen instead of Tony Stark/Peter Parker, and has super speed instead of iron suit/spider senses and web shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post

That would turn heads. Unconventional, at this point, can only mean more interesting.
The pic makes him appear a little science nerdish young guy, I guess. It's more Eisenberg than Mazzello. Perhaps we should avoid the worst kind of stereotype characters from every part of the scale, not just muscular guys but also scientists.
But you're right that it should be unconvential and head turning.
I can't stop wishing for Baz to direct a solo Flash. Just bring on the flamboyant and theatrical elements

Old 12-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #167
regwec
Shakespearo

Not Chris Pine.

Otherwise don't care.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #168
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Sam Claflin is perfect for the role. He's pretty much the Jamie Alexander (What she was for Wonder Woman) for the Flash Role.

Hence why Marvel will cast him as a recurring minor character in something.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #169
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Thanks!

You make a valid point. The Flash needs to be different, and not generic. He's being compared to a couple of Marvel characters.
But I don't want to see an Iron Man/Spider-Man film where the character is called Barry Allen instead of Tony Stark/Peter Parker, and has super speed instead of iron suit/spider senses and web shooting.

The pic makes him appear a little science nerdish young guy, I guess. It's more Eisenberg than Mazzello. Perhaps we should avoid the worst kind of stereotype characters from every part of the scale, not just muscular guys but also scientists.
But you're right that it should be unconvential and head turning.
I can't stop wishing for Baz to direct a solo Flash. Just bring on the flamboyant and theatrical elements
Sure, but that's up to the actor. I'd just like Barry to look... interesting. Both engaging to watch and relateable. Not just Bradley Cooper in a lab coat. Unconventional can very well mean irreplaceable, as is the case with Downey Jr (how many eyebrows did he raise when he was cast?). Eisenberg is by no means my first choice, but now that you mention it, it would be an experiment more interesting than some of the names I'm seeing here. He or anyone who breaks the mold. Someone who makes a kid think "Hey, you don't need to have male model looks to be a hero".

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 12-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #170
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Sam Claflin is perfect for the role. He's pretty much the Jamie Alexander (What she was for Wonder Woman) for the Flash Role.

Hence why Marvel will cast him as a recurring minor character in something.
you mean not on their radar, nor a supposed top contender for the role? i wouldn't mind him for flash. seems a bit too cavill like though. like the blonde version. plus he's not hispanic.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #171
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
you mean not on their radar, nor a supposed top contender for the role? i wouldn't mind him for flash. seems a bit too cavill like though. like the blonde version. plus he's not hispanic.
I don't see why Barry should be hispanic. If they want a hispanic member of the Justice League the perfect candidate is staring them in the face.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #172
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

couldn't agree more.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #173
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

LOL

Seriously, enough talk about Jaimie Alexander. Regardless of how "perfect" she would have been as Wonder Woman, she's not Wonder Woman. Guess we'll all just have to be content with watching her suck in the Thor franchise.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #174
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
LOL

Seriously, enough talk about Jaimie Alexander. Regardless of how "perfect" she would have been as Wonder Woman, she's not Wonder Woman. Guess we'll all just have to be content with watching her suck in the Thor franchise.
she did nothing in the thor movies. she's exceptionally attractive, but c'mon. a raspy voiced wonderwoman, nah. we're probably ok. snyder casts well. even affleck.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #175
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah. She was basically pretty wallpaper in armor. But the way some people on these boards talk about her, you'd think she should have won an Oscar for her performance.

Closed Thread