The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 01-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #326
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

It was fans that decided the end credit description meant he was an alien, it was in the context of the description more then hi I'm apocalypse and I'm from the planet blah blah blah

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-30-2014 at 04:58 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #327
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
It was fans that decided the end credit description meant he was an alien, it was in the context of the description more then hi I'm apocalypse and I'm from he planet blah blah blah
Hi, I'm from Planet Blah Blah and have you met my cousin, Ben?"

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #328
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It's weird but he said "mostly a FC sequel" that doesn't rule out cameos and other stuff.
I'm not very happy with this development. I guess it would be DOFP 2.0 where the FC cast gets 70% and the OT Cast gets only 30% but for Apocalypse, I think they would get like 10% which is really sad for me.

I don't think its really essential to develop prequel characters or characters not set in the present time for the third time especially they already went back to the modern days twice (TW/DOFP). But whatever, if Fox didn't bring the entire original cast for three films in a row they could definitely do it again. At least by May, I will have 4 chapters of the OT cast + cameos/small roles in the other X-Men films.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #329
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'd love it if Apocalypse himself had a huge grandiose voice with powerful and arrogant dialogue.

Pls be CGI, or huge.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #330
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am hoping for a CGI APocalypse.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #331
GarysMyOldman
Side-Kick

I'm thinking by the 4th movie being 'First Class like' could just mean it's mostly in flashbacks to like the 70s,80s,90s something like that with a new team. I'm thinking Gambit has got to be in that one.

After DOFP they will weed in and weed out the characters ppl respond to and continue to guess we want to see Quicksilver and Toad over a younger Juggernaut and or Cable someone like that that can use some of that piece of the story.

Personally I think we'll see Apocalypse again in FC4 w Mr Sinster finally. If they did Archangel & Gambit along w their cast I'd see that movie 50 times. A 90s era flashback would be so cool but they won't do it right. I wanna see the animated show costumes and some of those stories in movies.

GarysMyOldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #332
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Here's what I think

8th film - Apocalypse's origin story in the 80s with the FC cast
9th film - Back to the future/present time where Apocalypse is stronger and he battles with the OT cast

Old 02-02-2014, 05:41 AM   #333
Angamb
Banned User

Thats exactly what I want too.

Fox could build a two part story with Apocalypse and giving us one movie to each cast, and it would be the best way to close this series, if they feel 2017/2018 is the moment.

but hell, they could even do a whole trilogy involving Apocalypse, but just focuses on different teams, this way, they would develop most of the characters and all fans would be happy.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #334
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

They're not going to make X-Men: Apocalypse centered around the First Class cast then go back the original cast after that.

Hiring actors, potentially portraying younger versions of major players, just to drop them in the next movie after that? What type of sense does that make?

If Apocalypse is a First Class sequel then I'm willing to bet DOFP is the last go round for the original cast. They aren't going to sit around for 6+ years not to mention, who will care about them that far into the future?

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #335
kasjan
Side-Kick

Also why Apocalypse would be stronger just after 40 years, if he's 5000 years old.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #336
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
They're not going to make X-Men: Apocalypse centered around the First Class cast then go back the original cast after that.

Hiring actors, potentially portraying younger versions of major players, just to drop them in the next movie after that? What type of sense does that make?

If Apocalypse is a First Class sequel then I'm willing to bet DOFP is the last go round for the original cast. They aren't going to sit around for 6+ years not to mention, who will care about them that far into the future?
Inless Hugh jackman returns I don't think any OT actors will be In Apocalypse.

If another wolverine film gets goahead maybe someone else from OT will be In it.

I am doudtful If no OT cast member Is In Apocalypse of them returning for followup to Apocalypse.

If Hugh calls it quits with DOFP I see them wanting a certain amount of time
before recasting Wolverine.

Besides James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult contracts all expire with Apocalypse.So they will have to do some reneograting after that although I still think Lawrence Is most likely gone after Apocalypse.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #337
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Even if Jackman comes back as Wolverine in Apocalypse, if Singer has already said it's more of a direct sequel to First Class - why in the world would the next movie after that go back to the OT cast and drop the First Class characters?

That makes zero sense and would just be stupid.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #338
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

they could go back to the OT after apocalypse for at least 1 more film, ignoring the whole they have to make him bigger and stronger when he is in an OT film because it has to be bigger and better then a FC film because thats utter bull crap, truth is apocalypse wont be a small scale film about his origin starring the FC Cast its bound to be something bigger then that and its the FC casts 3rd film so they will have to do bigger!

Old 02-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #339
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even if Jackman comes back as Wolverine in Apocalypse, if Singer has already said it's more of a direct sequel to First Class - why in the world would the next movie after that go back to the OT cast and drop the First Class characters?

I don't expect them to.Jackman not withstanding It's doudtful the OT cast will be used after DOFP If APocalypse focus on FC cast.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #340
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
they could go back to the OT after apocalypse for at least 1 more film, ignoring the whole they have to make him bigger and stronger when he is in an OT film because it has to be bigger and better then a FC film because thats utter bull crap, truth is apocalypse wont be a small scale film about his origin starring the FC Cast its bound to be something bigger then that and its the FC casts 3rd film so they will have to do bigger!
The only way I can see OT cast In APocalypse Is if APocalypse Is in both timeframes.

I am doudtful of another time travel story right after DOFP.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #341
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Thats what they did for Wolverine and DOFP.

And how long do you think the FC cast will be around? I just don't see the X-Men films being set in the past for like the next 5 films.

And we don't know if they are even gonna hire "younger version of major players" again. And the point of hiring actors to play younger version is to tell stories set in the past.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #342
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
What utter bull crap are you talking there or maybe you need to use words that doesn't sound so negative?

Anyway, most of the time when villains come back for the 2nd time, they are usually stronger and more threatening and NOT because he's appearing in OT cast film. You are being too defensive and taking things out of context.

I didn't even say he had to be weak in the 1st film. I didn't even say Apocalypse has to be a small-scaled film. All I said is Apocalypse might be an origin film for Apocalypse with the FC cast.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #343
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

And also why bring the OT cast after 8 years which really help the buzz of the film, then drop them again in favor of prequels and spin-offs again? You do know they didn't just bring back just to say goodbye or have their farewell part, they were probably asked to return to bring more interest to an upcoming X-Men film.

If push comes to shove and a box-office decline to this franchise happens again in the future, you don't think Fox won't play their "lets bring back the OT cast" card again. You are way too dismissive to the OT cast.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #344
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
What utter bull crap are you talking there or maybe you need to use words that doesn't sound so negative?

Anyway, most of the time when villains come back for the 2nd time, they are usually stronger and more threatening and NOT because he's appearing in OT cast film. You are being too defensive and taking things out of context.

I didn't even say he had to be weak in the 1st film. I didn't even say Apocalypse has to be a small-scaled film. All I said is Apocalypse might be an origin film for Apocalypse with the FC cast.
Fair enough

Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #345
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:

Depends on how well received the OT cast are in DOFP. You can flip the quesion to "Why would you go to so much trouble bringing the original cast back, building hype over their return, only to drop them again?" The FC cast have youth on their side, but they're only contractually obligated for one more film, and they're stuck in a period setting.

Simply picking one lot over the other seems too limiting to me. I hope Singer & Co. are thinking on a larger scale than that.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #346
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i agree to a certain extent that they would be limiting themselves if they did do a star trek style reboot with the FC cast because while they may have a fresh slate to play with (which isn't a bad thing) they wouldn't be able to use certain characters for quite some time, so if they use both casts they could probably have the best of both worlds to play with, but at the same time i dunno how long certain OT cast that fox trust more then the others can continue for either

Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #347
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

The whole idea that they aren't going to be able to introduce characters like Rogue, Iceman, Kitty etc. again is ridiculous. It's a new timeline - they can do whatever the hell they want. Having to stick to these rigid continuity issues is only going to hinder the franchise moving forward.

Singer has already shown that he's willing to sacrifice continuity issues for the sake of the story at hand. DOFP and time-travel is the perfect "Get out of Jail Free" card for this franchise.

As far as bringing back both casts again - why? It's only going to do a disservice to both casts in general. You already have people b****ing that the future portions aren't getting as much attention as the past (even though that's exactly how it plays in the comics). What do you think will happen when they do it again?! One cast or the other, as well as certain characters, are going to have to get the shaft otherwise no character is going to get any significant growth with a cast of 25 plus.

If we want them to really start delving into the these characters they're going to have to focus on one cast and commit to it. That's the only way we're going to continue to get some meaty roles like Beast, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique in First Class. They picked a set of characters and committed to them full force.

Once again, they can't have their cake and eat it too. The writing is pretty much on the wall here - the longevity for the franchise is in going with characters that are going to be able to run these movies for as long as possible currently. Especially if they want to create a universe that is in line with everything and makes sense.

Once they start doing that, they can really begin to hone in on sequels and spin-offs of other teams and characters such as X-Force, Gambit, Deadpool etc.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #348
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
The whole idea that they aren't going to be able to introduce characters like Rogue, Iceman, Kitty etc. again is ridiculous. It's a new timeline - they can do whatever the hell they want. Having to stick to these rigid continuity issues is only going to hinder the franchise moving forward.

Singer has already shown that he's willing to sacrifice continuity issues for the sake of the story at hand. DOFP and time-travel is the perfect "Get out of Jail Free" card for this franchise.

As far as bringing back both casts again - why? It's only going to do a disservice to both casts in general. You already have people b****ing that the future portions aren't getting as much attention as the past (even though that's exactly how it plays in the comics). What do you think will happen when they do it again?! One cast or the other, as well as certain characters, are going to have to get the shaft otherwise no character is going to get any significant growth with a cast of 25 plus.

If we want them to really start delving into the these characters they're going to have to focus on one cast and commit to it. That's the only way we're going to continue to get some meaty roles like Beast, Prof X, Magneto and Mystique in First Class. They picked a set of characters and committed to them full force.

Once again, they can't have their cake and eat it too. The writing is pretty much on the wall here - the longevity for the franchise is in going with characters that are going to be able to run these movies for as long as possible currently. Especially if they want to create a universe that is in line with everything and makes sense.

Once they start doing that, they can really begin to hone in on sequels and spin-offs of other teams and characters such as X-Force, Gambit, Deadpool etc.
Brining In characters who were in their teens in now established 2000's set X-Men,X2,and The Last stand Is total pissing on and erasing those films.Bryan Singer In empire said x-men,X2,and even last stand aren't being erased.What your advocating Is exactling erasing those films.Just like i argue Nutrek does to past trek.SInce almost nothing In Contunity of past matches up.

Who bother trying to come up with timeline of films-which by the way retcons timeline of Origins to be spread out longer to more match up with other films.
And any possibilty of ever seeing any OT cast In Apocalypse of anything else
goes out the window In nutrek situation.

You want a FC VS OT cast war online?You will get it If everything with OT cast Is basicly erased.

I can only speak for myself but going forward with ages of characters intact but things don't happen exactly as before but they originally happend keeps me In audence.Films erased so only FC and past parts of DOFP happens and characters from 2000's and 2023 set X-Men films suddenly start showing up In 1970's or 1980's.I will pass on that.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #349
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Brining In characters who were in their teens in now established 2000's set X-Men,X2,and The Last stand Is total pissing on and erasing those films.Bryan Singer In empire said x-men,X2,and even last stand aren't being erased.What your advocating Is exactling erasing those films.Just like i argue Nutrek does to past trek.SInce almost nothing In Contunity of past matches up.

Who bother trying to come up with timeline of films-which by the way retcons timeline of Origins to be spread out longer to more match up with other films.
And any possibilty of ever seeing any OT cast In Apocalypse of anything else
goes out the window In nutrek situation.

You want a FC VS OT cast war online?You will get it If everything with OT cast Is basicly erased.

I can only speak for myself but going forward with ages of characters intact but things don't happen exactly as before but they originally happend keeps me In audence.Films erased so only FC and past parts of DOFP happens and characters from 2000's and 2023 set X-Men films suddenly start showing up In 1970's or 1980's.I will pass on that.
Singer also said, "I believe in multiverses."

Old 02-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #350
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well, I think you need to start preparing yourself for that to happen. There's only going to be so many movies before they start reintroducing characters again.

Everyone here loves the original movies (well at least two of them) but we're going to have to stop clinging to them at some point so the franchise can evolve and revitalize itself.