The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #401
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
What a bizarre argument. You know First Class was essentially a spin-off right? And it sparked interest in a property that had died on its arse in the last two installments.
A spin-off that didn't even match the U.S. Box-office gross of the 1st X-Men movie. A spin-off that was made for $160 million, yet only earned less than $150 million in the U.S. A film that sparked so much interest and yet failed to outgross the last two installments (U.S. and worldwide). A film that encouraged Fox that they need to bring back the original cast if they want to earn more money at the box-office. Okay!

Quote:
Sequels are good money investments, but guess what? You can make more if you start other franchises too. Why desperately cling to one title in an expansive brand, when you can take a small gamble on launching something else at the same time and then have TWO sequels to work on?
So you mean a franchise within a franchise? That won't exactly work with the X-Men since we all know that X-Men didn't perform that greatly at the box-office. If the 2nd solo Wolverine movie only earned $130 million in the U.S., what about the upcoming spin-off that doesn't have Wolverine in the lead role?

And sure they could make a smaller-scale film with a smaller budget like for Gambit and Deadpool, but Fox would have the effort to make those films when they have the option to make a bigger movie that could earn more money at the box-office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
he definetly doesnt see it guys, we can explaing it with 20 different theories and arguments, but he wont agree ever, lol.

the important thing is that Fox NOW wants a bigger unviserse, producers, Millar and Kimgberg want a bigger universe, and fans want a bigger universe.

so they dont have any other option to get it than DOING a bigger universe, lol.
And yet you were saying this franchise could end after the 2nd movie with Apocalypse. You want too many things in this franchise.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #402
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
A spin-off that didn't even match the U.S. Box-office gross of the 1st X-Men movie. A spin-off that was made for $160 million, yet only earned less than $150 million in the U.S. A film that sparked so much interest and yet failed to outgross the last two installments (U.S. and worldwide). A film that encouraged Fox that they need to bring back the original cast if they want to earn more money at the box-office. Okay!

So you mean a franchise within a franchise? That won't exactly work with the X-Men since we all know that X-Men didn't perform that greatly at the box-office. If the 2nd solo Wolverine movie only earned $130 million in the U.S., what about the upcoming spin-off that doesn't have Wolverine in the lead role?

And sure they could make a smaller-scale film with a smaller budget like for Gambit and Deadpool, but Fox would have the effort to make those films when they have the option to make a bigger movie that could earn more money at the box-office.
If you're so concerned with the profitability of this franchise, you must be desperately worried about the risk Fox are taking with DOFP. If we're to assume there is no room for growth at this point then the film is already doomed to failure. Obviously as fans, the people here are more inclined to hope it is successful and can act as a spring-board for other projects. Looks like Fox is.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #403
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm not worried about the risk Fox is taking with DOFP because its featuring the long awaited return of the OT cast. And I didn't say there is no room for growth at this point. There's room for growth with more films with the OT cast. I believe they could do more things with them, in terms of power display. If they get a good writer, they could develop Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Rogue even more. Also at the same time, introduce new faces like Psylocke, Mr. Sinister, Polaris and Apocalypse. And it doesn't even have to happen in a spin-off but in a sequel to an OT cast film.

Anyway, you are never gonna get the same excitemen from the general audience over a "new sequel to an established set of cast members/characters" to another X-Men spin-off which is going to be X-Men spin-off #4 (if they ever release one in the future).

And if you think it is so good for Fox to launch "something else" at the same time, then why do you think Fox keep releasing films with the characters that already appeared in the first film, in the 2nd film and in the 3rd film? They released spin-off such as Origins, First Class and Wolverine and yet the lead characters for those films are also the lead characters in the original trilogy. And Fox doesn't seem so confident with releasing Deadpool and X-Force and giving them a release date.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #404
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's room for growth with more films with the OT cast. I believe they could do more things with them, in terms of power display. If they get a good writer, they could develop Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Rogue even more. Also at the same time, introduce new faces like Psylocke, Mr. Sinister, Polaris and Apocalypse. And it doesn't even have to happen in a spin-off but in a sequel to an OT cast film.

You think developing the OT B-team plus Halle Berry's Storm is sufficient growth for this franchise? You can't be serious. Those characters are ALWAYS gonna be the B-team. They aren't selling any movie with those characters front and center. Plus HB will be 50+ by the time any potential OT sequel is made. No thanks. Colossus is a boring mute. Rogue was wrecked by the end of the trilogy and cut from DOFP. How do you rebound and develop her from that?

Last edited by magneto23; 02-12-2014 at 05:31 AM.
magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #405
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Creative writing is yourfriend.

And I didnt say those four should be the focus. I suggested more development and I didnt say make them the new stars. Lol. Developing them would make them betterin the long run. Plus Halle Berry looks goodfor her age.

And as I said before the focus should be on the wholexmen team.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #406
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Creative writing is yourfriend.

And I didnt say those four should be the focus. I suggested more development and I didnt say make them the new stars. Lol. Developing them would make them betterin the long run. Plus Halle Berry looks goodfor her age.

And as I said before the focus should be on the wholexmen team.
Then who are the stars going to be? Counting on Jackman returning?

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #407
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Umm duh. Hes part of the original draw and a big draw. Though if he returns, they should spread out the screentime more so the other characters wont continue to feel like B-team characters.

And also like I said they could introduce new characters to work with them.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #408
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

It has already been confirmed that Apocalypse will feature the FC cast, so why are you guys still discussing this subject?
Let's move on.

Rike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #409
Angamb
Banned User

because Fox wants to expand the universe with more movies, lol.

This is why many of us are discussing about new proyects, characters, and sequels.

If DOFP is a huge hit, Fox wont use only the FC cast. They will expand the universe with other casts and rosters.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #410
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
because Fox wants to expand the universe with more movies, lol.

This is why many of us are discussing about new proyects, characters, and sequels.

If DOFP is a huge hit, Fox wont use only the FC cast. They will expand the universe with other casts and rosters.
Huh?
I'm talking about the endless OT vs FC discussions.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #411
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
Huh?
Agreed.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #412
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Huh?
thats the thing, since Fox wants to expand the universe, that leads to endless discussions from fans wating one cast, and other fans wanting the other cast.

And thats why I say: Keep BOTH! A bigger universe is to expand what they have, not to drop a whole cast. Thats not expanding, thats making the universe smaller.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #413
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
thats the thing, since Fox wants to expand the universe, that leads to endless discussions from fans wating one cast, and other fans wanting the other cast.

And thats why I say: Keep BOTH! A bigger universe is to expand what they have, not to drop a whole cast. Thats not expanding, thats making the universe smaller.
Fair enough.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #414
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
It has already been confirmed that Apocalypse will feature the FC cast, so why are you guys still discussing this subject?
Let's move on.
What we only know is its going to be "more" of a FC sequel.

Though, I'm not optimistic about the chances of the beloved OT cast appearing in X-Men: Apocalypse, nothing is still set in stone especially DOFP is not even out yet and things could still change.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #415
universeman
Side-Kick

well as long we get Stephen Lang as Cable , Cyclops and Jean Grey with focus on them and Cable vs Apocalypse with Cable giving his life to stop Apocalypse and dying in Cyclops and Jean`s arms in Egypt ! then I`m good

universeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #416
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Singer
"At the end of the movie, I hope, you feel like you want to feel the older cast on their new adventures and follow the younger guys into the '70s, '80s and onward."
There's still hope for the original cast.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #417
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If they are trying to bring elements of Age of Apocalypse Into films one possibily
Is setting Apocalypse In late 198o's.Show the introduction of Cyclops,jean might already be at school,show how Xavier loses hair and Introduction of Apocalypse.
Heave sequeze at end of film showing future ruled by APocalypse.That can
lead Into next full X-Men film set In Apocalypse ruled future with OT cast
members,new characters introduced In future scenes of DOFP,and any new characters they bring In.Maybe X-FOrce Is made after Apocalypse but before the next film.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #418
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Into next full X-Men film set In Apocalypse ruled future with OT cast
members,new characters introduced In future scenes of DOFP,and any new characters they bring In.
if they change the future they may never meet these new characters that appear in DOFP future, and chances of meeting them same mutants again in another dark future... is abit small world for sure

Old 02-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #419
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

edit

Old 02-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #420
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With the time travel likely causing some changes In DOFP

If they don't want to Introduce all 3 of Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In Apocalypse they don't have to.

According to official timeline of films Jean was around 12 In 1981 when she was found by Xavier and Magneto and Cyclops was around 16/16 In 1987 when he was took hostage by weapon X.Now with time travel changes it's possibly both could be found by Xavier In mid 1980's without any connection to magneto with xavier or weapon X around the same time.

Don't forget there will be focus on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast.

Apocalypse will be a major focus In film.

Apocalypse will have mutant henchmen without a doudt.

And there remains possibile Wolverine could be In film.That's not even counting possable X-Force lead in with Cable or deadpool being in film.Gambit possibly being In film.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #421
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
There's still hope for the original cast.
Fingers crossed this isn't the last time we see them. The OT cast in an Apocalypse movie would be a dream come true for me.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #422
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Singer all but confirms an 80's setting for Apocalypse, with the specific intent of seeing younger versions of other characters. Sounds like things aren't over for the OT cast either. Great article.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #423
Cyclonus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
well as long we get Stephen Lang as Cable , Cyclops and Jean Grey with focus on them and Cable vs Apocalypse with Cable giving his life to stop Apocalypse and dying in Cyclops and Jean`s arms in Egypt ! then I`m good

I liked that! Also as far as Age of Apocalypse, I thought I read somewere that singer said the AOA storyline is not what the X-MEN Apocalypse will be about.

Cyclonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #424
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Fingers crossed this isn't the last time we see them. The OT cast in an Apocalypse movie would be a dream come true for me.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #425
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Of course they will be back, i'm sure of it.

Fox executives would never greenlight an X-Men 'event movie' like X-Men: Apocalypse without some big names to prop it up.

And it will partly depend on the critics' response to the cast in DoFP. (as well as the box office of course).