The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #576
magneto23
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
I have no problem seeing mature and experinced characters in their 40s-50s
Late 40s to 50s. That's pretty much fast approaching (if not already) end of the line territory IMO.

Quote:
rather than a bunch of teenagers "I'm still learning how to control my powers".
I think by the end of XM:A they'll at least have a decent grasp on things. Taking on Apocalypse has to be pretty intense training.

Quote:
And you won't have them standing behind Wolverine, because they'll be standing behind Fassy's Magneto and J-Law's Mystique.
Those two aren't X-Men though. And who is to say FOX can lock them up again?

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #577
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'd rather a 40 year old Cyclops than an un-born Rogue/Angel/Ice-Man/Kitty etc.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #578
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah, the main X-Men are in the future... And how old was Robert Downey Jr when he began as Iron Man? James Marsden and friends are fine...

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #579
HIA
Side-Kick

have some of you seen James Marsden recently? He is almost looking sexier than ever! lol. I think he has the perfect age to nail Cyclops as a leader now. But Im not that confident with Fox/Singer regarding the OC

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #580
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
You know ever since I heard this I agree with this. First Class focus on Eric becoming Magneto DOFP seems like it will be focus on Charles becoming Professor X so how about XMA focus on Scott becoming Cyclops and the leader of the X-Men
Should happen

Old 03-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #581
HIA
Side-Kick

that would be perfect. not high hopes, tho. if Bryan finally introduces Scott, Jean, Ororo, Kurt and more..... say goodbye to Scott having the biggest focus, lol

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #582
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

They will have to share screen time for them characters in apocalypse, jean and Scott's love story and maybe his leadership skills

Would be a missed opportunity if they didn't

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-29-2014 at 07:42 PM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #583
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I'm wondering whether we should see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler being individually recruited, already at the institute together, or a mix of both. Whichever way it happens, I think it should be limited to those four as Xavier's students, and anyone else (Gambit) could appear later.

Last edited by Duran Man; 03-29-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #584
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah, the main X-Men are in the future...
After XM:A the main X-Men will be in the past too. Just minus the secondary/next to useless characters.

Quote:
And how old was Robert Downey Jr when he began as Iron Man?
Apples and oranges.

Quote:
James Marsden and friends are fine...
Since the 2018 mystery FOX film is the earliest we could see this group, here are their ages for a 2017 shoot:

Famke Janssen- 52
Halle Berry- 51
Hugh Jackman- 48
James Marsden- 43

That's not fine IMO. If the big three were at/ or within a couple of years Marsden's age I'd agree with you. But there is a 5-9 year gap there.

Potential sequels 2019/2020

Famke Janssen- 54/55
Halle Berry- 53/54
Hugh Jackman- 50/51
James Marsden- 45/46

Yikes. They're a one and done at best IMO.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #585
Rike
Something strange here?

I don't think anyone is asking for another trilogy with the original cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
After XM:A the main X-Men will be in the past too. Just minus the secondary/next to useless characters.
Your X-Men knowledge is... peculiar, to say the least.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #586
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Since the 2018 mystery FOX film is the earliest we could see this group, here are their ages for a 2017 shoot:

Famke Janssen- 52
Halle Berry- 51
Hugh Jackman- 48
James Marsden- 43

That's not fine IMO. If the big three were at/ or within a couple of years Marsden's age I'd agree with you. But there is a 5-9 year gap there.

Famke Janssen- 54/55
Halle Berry- 53/54
Hugh Jackman- 50/51
James Marsden- 45/46

I'm fine with them going with either of the casts, so I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if Janssen, Berry, and Jackman will become old and decrepit after they turn 50.

Last edited by Duran Man; 03-29-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #587
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think anyone is asking for another trilogy with the original cast.

Your X-Men knowledge is... peculiar, to say the least.
Then what's with all the "lets move to the future"? Who s gonna star in these movies? And are you seriously gonna argue that the likes of Rogue, Angel, Kitty, Bobby, Colossus aren't anything but secondary characters(at best) in this filmverse?

Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #588
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
that would be perfect. not high hopes, tho. if Bryan finally introduces Scott, Jean, Ororo, Kurt and more..... say goodbye to Scott having the biggest focus, lol
I can't see Jean or Kurt having more focus than Scott and he has to have some sort of team to start developing his leadership skills. Storm might get a similar focus but that makes sense and is needed too.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #589
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
Then what's with all the "lets move to the future"? Who s gonna star in these movies?
They can make one more movie with each cast. What comes next is another story.
Quote:
And are you seriously gonna argue that the likes of Rogue, Angel, Kitty, Bobby, Colossus aren't anything but secondary characters(at best) in this filmverse?
If Rogue, Kitty and Iceman are secondary characters in the movies, what Cyclops would be then? An extra, I guess.

And yet, you want him to star in the future movies. So what's your point?

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Last edited by Rike; 03-29-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #590
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I'm fine with them going with either of the casts, so I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if Janssen, Berry, and Jackman will become old and decrepit after they turn 50.
The problem, as I see it, is that there is no chance for longevity here. They'd have to change up the roster or recast after a couple movies. Who wants that? That's why I just don't get when people say "move to the future" "no more films in the past". That's where the shot for longevity and stability is. Not to mention the second chance to get characters right/done justice. Why throw that away? At the very least people should be wanting both directions past and future.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #591
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

On the age thing, it's fine listing the actor's ages but we can see them now. Are they too old as you see them or do we need to look up a number to confirm whether what we actually see is ok or not? It's not like you look at this group and think bunch of 50+ yr olds.

Cyclops & Wolverine being older works better to me anyway. And Jean & Storm are matriarchal figures by now. It doesn't have to be all young women. Some characters like Kitty & Jubilee should always be much younger than the others. Iceman a bit older but still should be relatively young while I'd prefer an older Rogue. I don't really have any prob with Storm & Jean being significantly older than the others and Cyclops & Wolverine I actively want to be much older.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #592
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
The problem, as I see it, is that there is no chance for longevity here. They'd have to change up the roster or recast after a couple movies. Who wants that? That's why I just don't get when people say "move to the future" "no more films in the past". That's where the shot for longevity and stability is. Not to mention the second chance to get characters right/done justice. Why throw that away? At the very least people should be wanting both directions past and future.
They've already done a load of films though so it's not like starting with a brand new team in their 50s which I doubt most would want. I'll look forward to seeing the young versions but the real payoff comes when you see them in their prime and experienced.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #593
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
They can make one more movie with each cast. What comes next is another story.
Why just one? There's plenty of stories they can do/re-do(Phoenix saga)

Quote:
If Rogue, Kitty and Iceman are secondary characters in the movies, what Cyclops would be then? An extra, I guess.

And yet, you want him to star in the future movies. So what's your point?
If Marsden were brought back I automatically assumed the character would be there as some what of a significant presence. Otherwise what would the point be? To insult the fans even more?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #594
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
It may not involve time travel, will just have to see
As I said many Apoc stories involved time travel, so I wouldnt be shocked if it was in this movie, would just love Bishop to show up because it doesnt sound like he is in DOFP much.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #595
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
There's already longevity with the future cast, and I don't think they'll recast a role because an actor's age (again, I have no trouble with Jean, Storm, and Wolverine being portrayed by actors in their 50s). As for changing up the roster, that could very well happen regardless of an actor's age, and in either time period for that matter.

Last edited by Duran Man; 03-29-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:02 AM   #596
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Apples and oranges.

Famke Janssen- 52
Halle Berry- 51
Hugh Jackman- 48
James Marsden- 43

Famke Janssen- 54/55
Halle Berry- 53/54
Hugh Jackman- 50/51
James Marsden- 45/46

You are obsessing about this age thing. You know the other superhero franchise? MCU continues to hire actors that are already in their 40s.

When Avengers 3 starts rolling, you will have at least 4 actors that are already in their mid 40s, mid 50s and mid 60s. Paul Rudd, Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo and Samuel L. Jackson are old too but thats not getting in the way for them to appear in more MCU films. Plus, Famke/Halle/James/Hugh look good for their age especially compare to the 4 MCU actors I mentioned. So its not really a big deal. Them being older is not gonna stop people from buying tickets.

And you aren't considering the younger members of the cast and Fox will always bring to new actors to each film they make, so its not a big problem.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-30-2014 at 12:08 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:42 AM   #597
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
There's already longevity with the future cast,
Only up to this point though(and with only 4 films to show for). They sure don't have another 14 years to work with.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:21 AM   #598
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Only up to this point though(and with only 4 films to show for). They sure don't have another 14 years to work with.
Could you say the same thing to the other cast? And if its really important to move forward with the newer cast, they could have as well rebooted this series in 2010 and leave all the things that happened in the first four X-Men films for a start fresh. But they didn't do that. The general audience is still very familiar of the original cast and their return is definitely helping the hype and marketing of Days of Future Past. If its working now, it could still work for another 3 films and of course everytime they bring them back, there will be new faces that will work with them and there will be new things to offer to the audience. So its not really just the OT cast coming back again and again, there are other things that are gonna be seen in the movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-30-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:42 AM   #599
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Could you say the same thing to the other cast?
Absolutely yes. They have a huge window of time to work with. Depending on how they cast for XMA, they could make movies for the next 20 years and still not reach the ages that the OT are at now.

Quote:
If its working now, it could still work for another 3 films and of course everytime they bring them back, there will be new faces that will work with them and there will be new things to offer to the audience. So its not really just the OT cast coming back again and again, there are other things that are gonna be seen in the movie.
I'd be 100% fine with that as long as it didn't come at the expense of the past/FC and the advancement of that series.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 AM   #600
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its only coming at the expense of FC if Fox thinks its more profitable to do more films with the OT cast.

Quote:
Absolutely yes. They have a huge window of time to work with. Depending on how they cast for XMA, they could make movies for the next 20 years and still not reach the ages that the OT are at now.
Yes because people want to see Professor X and Magneto in their younger stage for the next 10 years or more? And how long are we gonna see the younger version of Storm/Jean/Cyclops? Three films? At some point, they will have to go back to the present. I just think Fox will try to complete a trilogy with the FC cast like they intended to do back in 2011.

If the future is really with the new cast, they could have rebooted this in 2010 and just make a new version of each characters and not try to connect it with the 1st four movies.

"'Nuff said" - SM3