The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #76
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Look upon the future and tremble!": The Official Apocalypse Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
WOW! Looks like Singer has gotten ***** together at Fox. Does this mean X-Force 2015? And possible direct tie in? Hint at Apocalypse in DOFP, build him up in X-Force, and unleash him in 2016. Hopefully.
XForce would have to start filming in 2014 and I don't think that will happen. By the time 2016 got here true Xfilm fatigue will have set in with the GA.

But, this announcement just threw a swerve into what we thought was planned between DOFP and an XForce film.

PoSeiDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #77
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
WOW! Looks like Singer has gotten ***** together at Fox. Does this mean X-Force 2015? And possible direct tie in? Hint at Apocalypse in DOFP, build him up in X-Force, and unleash him in 2016. Hopefully.
That's exactly what it seems to be shaping up to.

Apocalypse will cameo in Days of Future Past, then a year later X-Force will do for him what Guardians of The Galaxy is doing for Thanos. He'll get talked about there and then 9 months later we'll actually get a scrimmage with him.

The other three lead-ins of this second phase, Fantastic Four, Deadpool and Wolverine III will also probably reference him vaguely.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #78
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Do we even know who the main villain of DoFP is?

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #79
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
Bolivar Trask...

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #80
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Sentinels, obviously. We've known that for awhile now.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #81
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Bolivar Trask...
Or so he claims to be...

Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #82
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Truth be told i think we may get one xmen related film in 2015 then this film in 2016

Still puzzled why they didn't let it settle a while before using Apocalypse, i can't shake the feeling its an excuse to use both casts again and thats why they decided to use this certain character with a link to a certain story

Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #83
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorta 3 villains, trask,mystique and stryker as well as the sentinels

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #84
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

If guardians is a hit, and I hope it is, watch the other studios scramble to do cosmic stories. Maybe the Shi'ar show up or the brood or phalanx.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #85
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
and yet some users will come now saying "no, Fox would have done this either way"

yes, Fox would have kept doing X-Men movies, but not announcing a release date three years before it and even before Days of future past, without knowing its boxoffice.

X-Force script, Wolverine 3, X-Men: Apocalypse..... clearly Marvel had a huge impact on ALL studios, and comic fans cant be happier.

Its time to celebrate this new era!
Yeah, even Kinberg confirms it.

Quote:
"I have a lot of ideas on how to built those brands and do what everybody is thinking of these days: Be like Marvel," Kinberg tells The Hollywood Reporter. "I want to be able to build stories over multiple movies."

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #86
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Truth be told i think we may get one xmen related film in 2015
Jeff Wadlow's X-Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
If guardians is a hit, and I hope it is, watch the other studios scramble to do cosmic stories. Maybe the Shi'ar show up or the brood or phalanx.
Its all coming. Days of Future Past ends the days of safe X-Men films and opens the door to ambitious X-Men Event movies.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #87
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Singer seems content to just give us heart attacks up until the release of DOFP. THey are truly keeping the masses gasping for air until May 23rd, 2014. Which is only just over 5 months away!!!

I think the dark horse in all of this is Mrs. Donner. She has always said "we have a million stories to tell". I think Singer and Mrs. Donner finally cracked heads at Fox.

PoSeiDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #88
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

I can't believe this is happening. He was always my favorite villain in the X-Men universe. I really hope they can do the character justice.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #89
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Singer seems content to just give us heart attacks up until the release of DOFP. THey are truly keeping the masses gasping for air until May 23rd, 2014. Which is only just over 5 months away!!!

I think the dark horse in all of this is Mrs. Donner. She has always said "we have a million stories to tell". I think Singer and Mrs. Donner finally cracked heads at Fox.
This is what I am thinking, She was the one to say she has always wanted to do DOFP, then said X4 leads into X5. Perhaps she is the one with all the good ideas!

xrs13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #90
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Truth be told i think we may get one xmen related film in 2015 then this film in 2016

Still puzzled why they didn't let it settle a while before using Apocalypse, i can't shake the feeling its an excuse to use both casts again and thats why they decided to use this certain story

They cant afford to let it settle IMO. The Leads of the OT are too old. They have to do it now.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #91
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
This is what I am thinking, She was the one to say she has always wanted to do DOFP, then said X4 leads into X5. Perhaps she is the one with all the good ideas!
yeah, Lauren is pivotal in this whole universe, specially with Singer's return back in 2009.

Guys, get ready for the Golden Age of X-Men franchise, this has just started.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #92
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Hoping they shoot the movie in Montreal again

Seeing them on set close to where I live was a blast

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #93
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I gotta see cyclops shred a sentinel. I hope he is brought back. In an alternate time he still exist.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #94
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
They cant afford to let it settle IMO. The Leads of the OT are too old. They have to do it now.
Given fox didn't even wait to get a few smaller films out before apocalypse feels abit rushed tbh

Its another reason why i believe it will be another joint cast film, they havent given enough time to settle this new timeline so that feels like we are gonna find out this time line went wrong because something changed things for the worst in the past and it will need to be fixed, which would pretty much be based on age of

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 12-05-2013 at 08:55 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #95
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Okay. Damn. This franchise just took a major step forward. This news is huge and could change everything as we know it.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #96
Robin91939
Master Tim

X-Men Apocalypse should honestly be broken into two part, filmed simultaneously.

I want:

- Mr. Sinister to be introduced.
- A return of Scott Summers, he has been held captive by Sinister for the whole time since X-Men: The Last Stand.
- I want Cyclops to rejoin the X-men, reprogrammed by Sinister. Believing and blaming the X-Men for the death of Jean Grey. Then take down the X-Men systematically, showing he's a force to be reckoned with. Even taking out *gasp* Wolverine.
- Cyclops to abduct Angel (a return by Ben Foster) for Sinister.
- Leading up to Archangel, Cyclops and Sinister unleashing and freeing En Saba Nur.
- Part 1 end with Xavier freeing Cyclops from Sinister's hold. Cannot do the same for Archangel as he was genetically altered, etc and he remains a horseman of Apocalypse.

Part II will see Cyclops regaining the team's trust, becoming its true leader and the X-Men taking on Apocalypse in earnest.

-R

Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #97
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
X-Men Apocalypse should honestly be broken into two part, filmed simultaneously.

I want:

- Mr. Sinister to be introduced.
- A return of Scott Summers, he has been held captive by Sinister for the whole time since X-Men: The Last Stand.
- I want Cyclops to rejoin the X-men, reprogrammed by Sinister. Believing and blaming the X-Men for the death of Jean Grey. Then take down the X-Men systematically, showing he's a force to be reckoned with. Even taking out *gasp* Wolverine.
- Cyclops to abduct Angel (a return by Ben Foster) for Sinister.
- Leading up to Archangel, Cyclops and Sinister unleashing and freeing En Saba Nur.
- Part 1 end with Xavier freeing Cyclops from Sinister's hold. Cannot do the same for Archangel as he was genetically altered, etc and he remains a horseman of Apocalypse.

Part II will see Cyclops regaining the team's trust, becoming its true leader and the X-Men taking on Apocalypse in earnest.

-R
Or you can skip all that convoluted storytelling and just introduce a late 20s Scott in 2016 as the team leader in the 80s/Present Day.

They did it with Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast. Scott, Jean and Storm will receive the rejuvenation treatment too.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #98
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Or you can skip all that convoluted storytelling and just introduce a late 20s Scott in 2016 as the team leader in the 80s/Present Day.

They did it with Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast. Scott, Jean and Storm will receive the rejuvenation treatment too.
They did it with characters who were alive long enough to do that with.

Xavier and Magneto, it made sense. Same for Beast as he was the oldest member on the X-Men. Mystique we find out ages more slowly than the rest of the mutants due to her abilities.

They can't just all of a sudden have Scott, Jean and Storm be 15 years younger without explanation -- no amount of time travel changes when these characters were born.

Plus -- why recast Cyclops? James Marsden was great in the role, and is still young enough to play the part -- and wouldn't cost a lot, either.

A post credit scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past where we are in a macabre science lab, panning around, and we land on a man, unshaven, tortured, chained up with ratty clothes...and some sort of contraption over his head, covering his eyes as Mr. Sinister walks into frame letting him know that the time has come and the Age of Apocalypse is nigh...

-R

Old 12-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #99
def28
Side-Kick

Didnt realize this has the same release date as Alice In Wonderland 2. Should be an interesting box office battle. Both will be huge and the box office is gonna reel in the cash that weekend.

Last edited by def28; 12-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #100
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
They did it with characters who were alive long enough to do that with.

Xavier and Magneto, it made sense. Same for Beast as he was the oldest member on the X-Men. Mystique we find out ages more slowly than the rest of the mutants due to her abilities.

They can't just all of a sudden have Scott, Jean and Storm be 15 years younger without explanation -- no amount of time travel changes when these characters were born.

Plus -- why recast Cyclops? James Marsden was great in the role, and is still young enough to play the part -- and wouldn't cost a lot, either.

A post credit scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past where we are in a macabre science lab, panning around, and we land on a man, unshaven, tortured, chained up with ratty clothes...and some sort of contraption over his head, covering his eyes as Mr. Sinister walks into frame letting him know that the time has come and the Age of Apocalypse is nigh...

-R
Dude, Scott was 18 in 1979. If like Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse is set ten years later, Scott will be a full grown man now. You can have an actor ten times better than James Marsden, taller, bigger and more suitable for the role. Its a great opportunity to reinvent him while rejuvenating him.