The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #26
silenceKILLS
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shocker! The Academy discards Man Of Steel from Best Visual FX Oscar race!!!

Honestly, who cares, the "Academy" is just a bunch of old farts who probably have no clue what they are talking about, seriously, they nominated the Lone Ranger. Really?

silenceKILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #27
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: Shocker! The Academy discards Man Of Steel from Best Visual FX Oscar race!!!

The Academy Awards are full of crap. Always have been alway will be. I still can't figure out why anyone cares year after year. They pull this crap out their arse every December.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #28
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

That is a shock considering some of the other movies on the list. I thought the visuals were really good.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #29
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Well this was voted on by Visual FX professionals who have worked in the field for decades. They might have seen some flaws which escape casual watchers.
And what do they care about an RT score?

Another thread that tries to be one thing but is really just an MOS hate thread. This could easily be brought up in another thread.

Last edited by Krumm; 12-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Krumm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #30
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Not shocking, critics and academy members don't like Snyder and his movies.

How would fans react if Thor TDW wins ?

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 12-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #31
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Man of steel should be top ten but not top 5 or win so it doesn't really matter

Idk why iron man WWZ and Lone Ranger are on there

Pickleweasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #32
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Well I really don't care what anyone says. Man of Steel is the movie of the year for me/. I loved it so much. I watch it at least 3 times a week. So that's all that really matters to me.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

I have to admit, this is a bit infuriating. Man of Steel didn't make the list but THE LONE RANGER did? Are you kidding me? Also, the effects in WWZ, Thor and Pacific Rim were good, but MOS was much more impressive. I hate to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon, but between this BS and some of the reviews, I'm starting to really think there is some sort of agenda here to hurt this movie.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I have to admit, this is a bit infuriating. Man of Steel didn't make the list but THE LONE RANGER did? Are you kidding me? Also, the effects in WWZ, Thor and Pacific Rim were good, but MOS was much more impressive. I hate to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon, but between this BS and some of the reviews, I'm starting to really think there is some sort of agenda here to hurt this movie.
I think it's just a snub to Snyder, many view Snyder at par with Michael Bay, Tarsem Singh and don't give him the credit he deserves. (all graduated from same college.)

Just like many critics put Ronald Emmerich, Wolfgang Peterson and Michael Bay in same list.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think it's just a snub to Snyder, many view Snyder at par with Michael Bay, Tarsem Singh and don't give him the credit he deserves. (all graduated from same college.)

Just like many critics put Ronald Emmerich, Wolfgang Peterson and Michael Bay in same list.
Perhaps, but hell, even Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen got a nomination for effects, and that movie was a turd.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
Man of steel should be top ten but not top 5 or win so it doesn't really matter

Idk why iron man WWZ and Lone Ranger are on there
Really mind boggling...
Together with the people choice award which totally ignored MOS, I guess the professionals really dislike MOS.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #37
roach
I am the night

Like it really matters…Gravity is going to take the award

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I have no idea what movie some of you watched. Blurry? Really? It was crystal clear in the theater and on my TV.
I believe they're referring to how for this film Snyder and co. had the action scenes have that "news crew recording the action" type of look at times.

But, as others have said, it doesn't really matter since Gravity is most likely to win. Not that the Oscars really matter all that much except for those in Hollywood.

What I found most interesting is Pacific Rim not simply being called "Pacific Rim" but "Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures Pacific Rim".

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #39
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
And what do they care about an RT score?

Another thread they tries to be one thing but is really just an MOS hate thread. This could easily be brought up in another thread.
Lol glad someone noticed this....

Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
Marvin
Side-Kick

It's as if the falling building vfx didn't convince people.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
It's as if the falling building vfx didn't convince people.
I still marvel at that. Amazing.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #42
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Well this was voted on by Visual FX professionals who have worked in the field for decades. They might have seen some flaws which escape casual watchers.
Well the lone ranger, WWZ ( a bunch of CGI mass of animation) and IM3 making an armor or PAcific Rim robot. I guess plasming the powers of Superman and the fact that he doesn't wear a mask makes the VFX in a pretty difficult level

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #43
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

In terms of what I've seen on the list, it's:

1) Gravity
1.5) Oblivion
3) Elysium

with

Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Pacific Rim, Hobbit (assuming it is like the first one), and Star Trek 12 not being worthy of being in the same list.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Much of MOS looked pretty bad and blurry.

What's the point of visual FX if everything looks blurry the entire time? The entire final fight was one big CGI blur.
The final battle shown us pretty real titans. sorry man but do you use glasses? If you do please clean them... blurry? don't confuse the Superspeed with blurry. Almost all the effects were beyond awesome.
CGI blurry is IM3 (fireworks) at the final battle, WWZ those yeah are pretty bad. But are from marvel/disney yeah!!!
begining with your avy that clearly looks so blurry right? of course the CGI wasn't perfect but for me it was one of the best (2nd after Gravity) the level of plasming superman without a mask is way too much difficult than Giant Robots, a man in an armor.
I mean, really?

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
The final battle shown us pretty real titans. sorry man but do you use glasses? If you do please clean them... blurry? don't confuse the Superspeed with blurry. Almost all the effects were beyond awesome.
CGI blurry is IM3 (fireworks) at the final battle, WWZ those yeah are pretty bad. But are from marvel/disney yeah!!!
begining with your avy that clearly looks so blurry right? of course the CGI wasn't perfect but for me it was one of the best (2nd after Gravity) the level of plasming superman without a mask is way too much difficult than Giant Robots, a man in an armor.
I mean, really?
I could criticise the special effects in MoS relative to those of Oblivion or Gravity, but I cannot with a straight face make the argument that they are inferior to those of IM3, Thor 2, or STID.

Doesn't the fact that STID looks the same as ST kind of negate its chances? Shouldn't best special effects award necessitate some technological innovation and not just recycling of what has already been used?

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #46
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Yes everything after Gravity is bad but MOS wasn't compared to a few on there. God knows what y some of you guys were watching it on.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #47
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
So the Visual Effects Oscar is a 3 step race. First the Branch members visit a bake-off where they narrow down hundreds of film to 10.

Then there is another vote to determine the 5 nominees.

And then the entire Academy membership votes to determine the winner. We already know the winner - Gravity, but the bake off list of 10 was just released and Man Of Steel was discarded by the Academy.

"Elysium"
"Gravity"
"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"
"Iron Man 3"
"The Lone Ranger"
"Oblivion"
"Pacific Rim"
"Star Trek Into Darkness"
"Thor: The Dark World"
"World War Z"

Both the MCU movies made it perhaps underlining that Man Of Steel was really hurt by its bad reviews and "Rotten" status on RT.

Do you think Man Of Steel will continue TDKR's tradition of ZERO Oscar nominations?

Because this was the one nomination it could have gotten.
MOS should have gotten a nod, but all those movies have some spectacular VFX. Oblivion was such a beautiful looking movie as was STID and Gravity. Overall, pretty much everything on that list was really nice to look at.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #48
sf2
Side-Kick

I just think MOS isn't really that well received as we thought. Reason for bringing the bat n the rest...

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #49
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Gravity already has this won.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #50
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I just think MOS isn't really that well received as we thought. Reason for bringing the bat n the rest...
Since when did we think MOS was acclaimed?